Any update on production at PING?

Cpr3584

I was given an 8-10 week turnaround for my order of I-210s. Im at 8 weeks now. I called PING last week and the first thing I heard was a recording saying they are not giving any updates on clubs, that updates can only be asked for by the place that made the order. Anyone know if production is finally starting to ramp up? Hearing that some received the same "8-10 weeks" and its been 3 months. Not one to complain- but I want my clubs lol

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist 716CB with Dynamic Gold S400 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Scotty California Monterey 35 in
Titleist Pro V1x

59 minutes ago, pga43 said:

Not trying to be a smart @$$ but if the recording at Ping says they will only give updates to the shop that placed the order shouldn’t you be asking the place you made the order with to check??

Greg

FB_IMG_1579706248930.jpg

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

My 710’s took 3 months.  Ordered in mid Nov got them in mid Feb.  Two weeks ago I hit the G425 hybrids and fell in love.  I wanted them with Tensei Orange and was told that would be 8-10 weeks.  Screw that, we are in season now so I just went stock Alta, which actually feel great.  FWIW I’m told even with the insane delays on new clubs they are still only 5 days on mods like bending and refinishing etc.  Weird. 

Callaway Paradym  9*  Kai Li White
Callaway Paradym  15*  Kai Li Red

Callaway Paradym  20*  Kai Li Red

Ping G425  22*  Alta CB
Ping G425  26*  Alta CB

Ping G425  30*  Alta CB
Ping G425   7 - SW   KBS C-Taper Lite
Odyssey Tank Marxman
Callaway ERC Soft Yellow

This whole thing has been such a phase shift in terms of wait times.  We have been spoiled for quite some time.

As someone said to me in a similar post "if you aren't willing to wait a couple of extra weeks did you really want it in the first place?"   Valid point.

Waiting is still tough especially when the weather is good for such a short period for many of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herkyjerk said:

My 710’s took 3 months.  Ordered in mid Nov got them in mid Feb.  Two weeks ago I hit the G425 hybrids and fell in love.  I wanted them with Tensei Orange and was told that would be 8-10 weeks.  Screw that, we are in season now so I just went stock Alta, which actually feel great.  FWIW I’m told even with the insane delays on new clubs they are still only 5 days on mods like bending and refinishing etc.  Weird. 

Not really weird.  The issue isn't really PING, it is the supply chain.  I don't remember the details, but there are some shafts and grips that are basically impossible to get right now because of how covid f'ed things up.  So if someone ordered a set with those options, PING has to wait on the supplier to produce and ship the components.  Clearly PING had (or can get) plenty of Alta shafts, but Mitsu is having trouble getting the Tensei Orange to PING, which is why you could get one, but not the other.

• Like 4

Titleist TSR4, 7.25*, Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70 S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/12 (bent to 53*) Raw & 58/10 Black, DG Spinner
Piretti Potenza 1.5
Ball - Titleist AVX Yellow

3 hours ago, pga43 said:

Ping doesn’t sell direct to the end consumer. The retailer sells to the customer. Ping’s customer is the merchant

Greg

Okay, so I phrased it poorly. I meant when does Ping accept the payment and added whether the payer is the merchant or consumer. 

So that’s settled. When does Ping charge the merchant. At the time of order?

3 hours ago, ZAP said:

This whole thing has been such a phase shift in terms of wait times.  We have been spoiled for quite some time.

As someone said to me in a similar post "if you aren't willing to wait a couple of extra weeks did you really want it in the first place?"   Valid point.

Waiting is still tough especially when the weather is good for such a short period for many of us.

We live in a world of instant gratification.  It is only going to get worse in the Amazon generation when you can get millions of different things mailed to your door in a day.  Peoples expectations become unreasonable.

We are in a time where supply chains for basically everything are messed up.  

• Like 2

A Revolving Door

23 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

We live in a world of instant gratification.  It is only going to get worse in the Amazon generation when you can get millions of different things mailed to your door in a day.  Peoples expectations become unreasonable.

I get this logic, but if instead of it being 10-12 weeks the lead time was 6 months, would this comment still be justified? In some parts of the world 12 weeks is half the golf season. 

Ping (and other OEMs) are not being upfront with people about how long these orders are going to take. If they were honest about it, they would make this clear on their website, etc. that there are unprecedented supply-chain challenges and that consumers should expect very long delays. And retailers (some of them) are also hiding the ball on this, creating unrealistic expectations for people.

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

7 hours ago, PEI_Golfer said:

They literally have no idea how long things are going to take.  To me, it doesn't matter how long they said as I understand that this is a world wide issue covering countless companies.  While it would be nice to have a new toy, it isn't a dire or pressing need.  

I was quoted 15 weeks for some kitchen cabinets that the retailer said usually takes 2 weeks (when the world was normal).  I'm selling my house in like 10-12 weeks, so obviously isn't going to work out, so I go another route.  No different than the windows as well.  They are going to be installed and I will be listing like 2 days later, having to push back our wanted list date by a couple weeks to accommodate this.

There has been supply chain issues for over a year now.  Most of the world actually shut down 14+ months ago and it's still just trying to catch back up.  How would you like to see the prices go through the roof like in the construction industry.  Softwood pricing is up like 300%.  

The problem we have with a high percentage of the Golf OEM’s and Retailers is unlike your kitchen cabinet quote where they told you 15 weeks and you were then able to determine that would not work for you lots of guys are getting quoted 4-6 weeks for golf equipment (which would work for them) and not receiving their equipment or any updates after 8-12 weeks.  If the OEM or Retailers have no control over their supply chain and do not know when they can deliver they should not provide a delivery estimate.  Most of us just want to have good information so we can make an informed purchase decision.  I know it would reduce sales if an OEM or Retailer said delivery time “unknown”, but if they don’t know that is what they need to say.  

Are you sure you weren't forgotten?  Haven't heard of anyone waiting 5 months, especially an order from January.  Unless you have some kind of special build that makes your case special. 

Edited by quizzylish

Driver: Ping G410 LST, 9 degree, VA Composites Raijin Black 65 X

3 Wood: Sim Tour Issue, 14.5 degree, VA Composites Synystr 75 X

Utility: Ping iCrossover 3 iron, GD 95X 

Irons: Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo, TT X100

Wedges: Vokey 54/58, S300

Putter:  Lajosi, Bellum Winnmore, or Scotty 5.5......We'll see who wins!! 

Ball: Titleist ProV1

13 hours ago, PrettyGood said:

Ordered a set of i210s early January, still waiting...

Are you sure you weren't forgotten?  Haven't heard of anyone waiting 5 months, especially an order from January.  Unless you have some kind of special build that makes your case special. 

Driver: Ping G410 LST, 9 degree, VA Composites Raijin Black 65 X

3 Wood: Sim Tour Issue, 14.5 degree, VA Composites Synystr 75 X

Utility: Ping iCrossover 3 iron, GD 95X 

Irons: Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo, TT X100

Wedges: Vokey 54/58, S300

Putter:  Lajosi, Bellum Winnmore, or Scotty 5.5......We'll see who wins!! 

Ball: Titleist ProV1

8 hours ago, PEI_Golfer said:

The gratification part was created and held up by the mfgr. Golf clubs are kind of a durable luxury good. As referenced earlier the golf season has a timeline in almost every part of the globe. Pre Covid most club builds were measured in days or perhaps weeks. Now that same consumer, along with thousands of NEW golfers, had to wait weeks or months. We all know why but it doesn't make it any better. This is far less an indictment on the state of the consumer but a side effect of lockdowns, distancing guidelines etc and businesses cannot operate at 100%. Just be thankful these jobbers don't need microprocessors. 

1 minute ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Yup.  The only solution for them is to start a new thread showing ignorance and lack of patience.

I see about 3 of those every week. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

44 minutes ago, vpexp said:

The problem we have with a high percentage of the Golf OEM’s and Retailers is unlike your kitchen cabinet quote where they told you 15 weeks and you were then able to determine that would not work for you lots of guys are getting quoted 4-6 weeks for golf equipment (which would work for them) and not receiving their equipment or any updates after 8-12 weeks.  If the OEM or Retailers have no control over their supply chain and do not know when they can deliver they should not provide a delivery estimate.  Most of us just want to have good information so we can make an informed purchase decision.  I know it would reduce sales if an OEM or Retailer said delivery time “unknown”, but if they don’t know that is what they need to say.  

I don't see the difference.  Just because I was quoted 15 weeks, doesn't mean it's going to be 15 weeks.  

No idea where you are going with the 'wanting good information to make an informed decision' part.  My basic assumption is that you are a grown man that has made decisions in the past.  THE WORLD SHUT DOWN should be a good enough indicator that things aren't going smoothly and things are going to take time to get resolved.  Wanting to have your hand held like a child isn't going to change anything. 

They have no idea when things are going to get going, period.  I know this, they know this, why don't you know this as the information is all there over the past year plus.

A Revolving Door

31 minutes ago, dhen9 said:

This is far less an indictment on the state of the consumer but a side effect of lockdowns, distancing guidelines etc and businesses cannot operate at 100%. Just be thankful these jobbers don't need microprocessors. 

It is 100% an indictment on consumerism.  The fact that a global issue is cast aside because Johnny and Billy Bob have a shorter season so they need to complain. 

Are people going to start freaking out shortly if there is a medicine shortage because of what it going on in India.  Of course they are, but completely look over the reason why there is and likely dismiss it because something on the other side of the world is affecting them.

A Revolving Door

8 hours ago, grm24 said:

It's amazing how many people still don't understand this. Regardless of the industry. 

It really is.  I can't stress this enough and it shocks me to have to actually repeat it, THE WORLD SHUT DOWN.  People need to actually try and comprehend this if they can.  But by all the complaints, it shows they can't.

Maybe I'm just not smart enough to see things on their level or have a burning desire to over pay for modern golf equipment when I have other hobbies and things to do.

• Like 1

A Revolving Door

1 minute ago, PEI_Golfer said:

I don't see the difference.  Just because I was quoted 15 weeks, doesn't mean it's going to be 15 weeks.  

No idea where you are going with the 'wanting good information to make an informed decision' part.  My basic assumption is that you are a grown man that has made decisions in the past.  THE WORLD SHUT DOWN should be a good enough indicator that things aren't going smoothly and things are going to take time to get resolved.  Wanting to have your hand held like a child isn't going to change anything. 

They have no idea when things are going to get going, period.  I know this, they know this, why don't you know this as the information is all there over the past year plus.

The difference is in dealing with someone you can trust.  If your cabinet guy would have told you he would deliver next week would you have ordered?  If not why did you even get a quote??? The people I do business with do not have to hold my hand, but they do have to perform.  If they don’t know when they can deliver they need to say that they do not know when they can deliver. It’s not that hard.

10 hours ago, ctmason_98 said:

Okay, so I phrased it poorly. I meant when does Ping accept the payment and added whether the payer is the merchant or consumer. 

So that’s settled. When does Ping charge the merchant. At the time of order?

I had a Ping account for many years. Invoices were produced when the order was shipped. I believe terms started on the date the order was invoiced. As best as I can remember. I’ve been out of the business for eleven years, procedures could have changed.

i don’t remember any major vendors who invoiced when the order was placed.

Edited by Beenerpro

7 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

It really is.  I can't stress this enough and it shocks me to have to actually repeat it, THE WORLD SHUT DOWN.  People need to actually try and comprehend this if they can.  But by all the complaints, it shows they can't.

Maybe I'm just not smart enough to see things on their level or have a burning desire to over pay for modern golf equipment when I have other hobbies and things to do.

Said the guy with the TSI3 driver!

4 minutes ago, vpexp said:

The difference is in dealing with someone you can trust.  If your cabinet guy would have told you he would deliver next week would you have ordered?  If not why did you even get a quote??? The people I do business with do not have to hold my hand, but they do have to perform.  If they don’t know when they can deliver they need to say that they do not know when they can deliver. It’s not that hard.

My impression is that you think you had an 'a ha' moment and then typed this out.  Me getting a quote has nothing to do with me trusting them or if they can get the work done in a timely fashion.  I am simply inquiring about how much something is going to cost, and then based on my choices, they can give me an approx date of things, that is the gist of getting a quote.  In no shape or form in the construction or home reno world does basically anything get done on time.

To the second part, people can only perform their duties if they can get the materials.  There is world wide shortages in things.  Literally no one can predict with any certainty when things are going to get done, regardless of who you do business with.  This isn't new and shouldn't shock anyone at this point in time.

A Revolving Door

3 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

Oh, another 'a ha' moment for you...  I picked this up 2nd hand and rebuild all my gear.  I currently have 5 other shafts in my bag with Titleist tips as well to tinker with...

I was hoping for an ‘a ha’ moment for you, since you are quick to give advice and critique others it seemed like you would also be open to advice and critique, but obviously there is a wrong way to do things and “your way” 

Glad you have it all figured out.