2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

TEE Fairway Upgrades Pro F2, CBX, EXS, C721

ucdan5

So I am still gaming a CB4 15° FW (Fuji Rombax 7V05) and tried building a CB5 with a Fubuki AX75 but eventually went back to the CB4... it’s just a MONSTER!

I’ve been out of the loop with the 3rd kid and my father in law (who I usually played with) having back issues. Now that my 6yo wants to begin playing more I can justify getting out to play so that my wife doesn’t disappear me for the Life Insurance...

Does anyone have much experience with the CB Pro and Pro F2 with the slipstream sole tech? And how does it compare to their newer offerings CBX/EXS/C721? I always loved the feel of the Combo Brazing Ti faces and don’t know how they feel compared to the steel faces on the C721 (IIRC)... 

I think there’s a Demo Day coming up in 2-3 weeks but wanted to at least see if people found success with the CB Pro and F2 options or if the newer options are just head and shoulders above the older options...

Nike Str8t Fit w/ Accra Dymatch 2.0 MT60
TEE CB4 15* Fujikura Rombax 7V05
TEE CB4 19* Matrix Studio 94
Adams CMB w/ Recoil Prototypes 110 F4 4-GW
Miura 1957 55C Modus3 Tour 120
Fourteen MT28V5 60* Modus3 Tour 120
<a href="Machine M2A Converter" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>

Where’s all the Tour Edge fairway Ho’s who have tried everything under the sun? 

49 minutes ago, Chadwickog said:

I’ve had an e8 beta, CBX, currently CBX 119 in the bag. They are all great clubs its pretty hard to go wrong with any of them. 

Is the CBX as good as advertised? 

13 minutes ago, ucdan5 said:

Is the CBX as good as advertised? 

Yes.

I have a 15* CBX with the KuroKage 70 stiff and it is fantastic...easy to hit...low spin...great club.

I also have a CBX119 18* Hybrid that is a monster as well.

You can't go wrong with the CBX

3 hours ago, OsnolaKinnard said:

Yes.

I have a 15* CBX with the KuroKage 70 stiff and it is fantastic...easy to hit...low spin...great club.

I also have a CBX119 18* Hybrid that is a monster as well.

You can't go wrong with the CBX

Definitely leaning towards the CBX... 

• Like 1

Enjoyed the pro f2, but the cbx119 pushed that out, 

Still have the cbx 119 in the southern bag.

Now , have the exs pro , and really like them. YMMV.

Through the years, TEE fairways have delivered lots of performance,  my list of favorites, 

CB4

Pro f2 

CB5,

CBX 119

EXS Pro

Slip stream works well, but will collect debris in slip stream sole. By end of round, clubs will need a cleaning. The exs, is where TEE and other oem's are working with light  weight graphite crowns, but I prefer the feel and sound of the cbx 119.

Although, the exs pro has been fun to play.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

2 hours ago, Chadwickog said:

For the price you can get them at used, you can't beat them. 

Just grabbed a brand new CBX 119 in 16.5° (EvenFlow 6.0) for about $140 on the Bay... I believe it was RBG selling it. 

Used in a Reg shaft could have saved me a few bucks but I’d be reshafting it to something stiffer anyways. 

About 10 minutes after ordering I found there’s a Demo Day in about 3 weeks near me... here’s to hoping I don’t hit anything better than the new CBX 119! Haha

1 hour ago, puttingmatt said:

Enjoyed the pro f2, but the cbx119 pushed that out, 

Still have the cbx 119 in the southern bag.

Now , have the exs pro , and really like them. YMMV.

Through the years, TEE fairways have delivered lots of performance,  my list of favorites, 

CB4

Pro f2 

CB5,

CBX 119

EXS Pro

Slip stream works well, but will collect debris in slip stream sole. By end of round, clubs will need a cleaning. The exs, is where TEE and other oem's are working with light  weight graphite crowns, but I prefer the feel and sound of the cbx 119.

Although, the exs pro has been fun to play.

I usually clean the clubs after each shot with a wet towel and scrub brush anyways, but everyone seems to be going bonkers for the CBX119 so I’ve decided to give that one a shot and grabbed it. I really liked the look of the F2 and probably hit 5-6 shots with it once at a PGA SuperStore in Orlando but never on a range or course. 

For turf interaction did you like the SlipStream in the F2 better than the CBX119 “curved rails”... the heads look similar in shape but hoping the newer tech in the CBX119 outperforms everything. 

I’ve been gaming 2 CB4s for a decade or so... so I’m definitely a TEE Fan Boy when it comes to Fairways and Hybrids. 

8 hours ago, ucdan5 said:

I usually clean the clubs after each shot with a wet towel and scrub brush anyways, but everyone seems to be going bonkers for the CBX119 so I’ve decided to give that one a shot and grabbed it. I really liked the look of the F2 and probably hit 5-6 shots with it once at a PGA SuperStore in Orlando but never on a range or course. 

For turf interaction did you like the SlipStream in the F2 better than the CBX119 “curved rails”... the heads look similar in shape but hoping the newer tech in the CBX119 outperforms everything. 

I’ve been gaming 2 CB4s for a decade or so... so I’m definitely a TEE Fan Boy when it comes to Fairways and Hybrids. 

I think you will find the CBX 119 an excellent club, It performs well and sounds great at impact. Solid distances. It has a titanium beta cup face. Reminded me of the CB5, which I played very well with.

It is hard to say which TEE clubs are better, that is an individuals choice. The  pro f2 is a limited production club, as is the EXS pro.

The EXS pro has become my favorite driver, 3 and 5 wood set. Simply brings a smile to  me on the performance. As does the CBX 119's that I have in the southern bag.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

I compared a few different 3W's on a LM at a golf store a few months badk and they had the CBX 119 3W display model and it more than held its own to all others.  

Started off replacing my Adams Ti 3W fairway with TEE CBX 119 3W 15* It fit so good I bought the CBX 119 19* Hybrid to replace my Adams Ti 5W, That was good too, so I replaced my last Adams Ti 23* Hybrid with a CBX 119 22* 

All Evenflow shafts worked great for my game- fantastic product and gained distance - 

On 5/5/2021 at 8:00 PM, puttingmatt said:

I think you will find the CBX 119 an excellent club, It performs well and sounds great at impact. Solid distances. It has a titanium beta cup face. Reminded me of the CB5, which I played very well with.

It is hard to say which TEE clubs are better, that is an individuals choice. The  pro f2 is a limited production club, as is the EXS pro.

The EXS pro has become my favorite driver, 3 and 5 wood set. Simply brings a smile to  me on the performance. As does the CBX 119's that I have in the southern bag.

Now you’re making me want to buy a Southern Home just to justify the 3-5 bags of clubs I have in the garage... haha!

I hate lugging clubs through the airport hoping some guy isn’t haven’t a bad day and runs over my clubs breaking every wood in there. 

On 5/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, Badshaft said:

I compared a few different 3W's on a LM at a golf store a few months badk and they had the CBX 119 3W display model and it more than held its own to all others.  

Started off replacing my Adams Ti 3W fairway with TEE CBX 119 3W 15* It fit so good I bought the CBX 119 19* Hybrid to replace my Adams Ti 5W, That was good too, so I replaced my last Adams Ti 23* Hybrid with a CBX 119 22* 

All Evenflow shafts worked great for my game- fantastic product and gained distance - 

I am looking at CBX 119 hybrids as well. I love my CB4 but if the CBX 119 3W outperforms I’ll likely be relaxing then 19° with a 20° CBX 119 as well. 

And I’ve never loved the feel of their drivers, but I have heard good things about the C721 and wondering if the hype is legit enough to replace last years SIM

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ucdan5 said:

I am looking at CBX 119 hybrids as well. I love my CB4 but if the CBX 119 3W outperforms I’ll likely be relaxing then 19° with a 20° CBX 119 as well. 

And I’ve never loved the feel of their drivers, but I have heard good things about the C721 and wondering if the hype is legit enough to replace last years SIM

I have never hit any of TEE clubs until I hit the 3W in the golf store recently. After playing them and the performance I have experienced; they have my interest now

- On another website a 2021 comparison review of all the Major's drivers; the EXS Pro placed runner-up in Mid and High swing speed categories- 

Not in the Market for Driver though - Still lovin my Mavrik SZ

Edited by Badshaft

Picked up an EXS 16.5* this season, and have really enjoyed it.  Even with the made for Ventus, it’s been consistent and easy to hit.

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Ventus Blue 6 or Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Tour Edge Exotics E723 15* Ventus Blue 6

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

I still have an E8 Beta lying around, that I'd bought as a strong 3w tee replacement experiment several years ago.  It was plenty long, but at 12*, not practical to include in the bag once my experiment ended with a return to driver off the tee.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

On 5/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, ucdan5 said:

So I am still gaming a CB4 15° FW (Fuji Rombax 7V05) and tried building a CB5 with a Fubuki AX75 but eventually went back to the CB4... it’s just a MONSTER!

I’ve been out of the loop with the 3rd kid and my father in law (who I usually played with) having back issues. Now that my 6yo wants to begin playing more I can justify getting out to play so that my wife doesn’t disappear me for the Life Insurance...

Does anyone have much experience with the CB Pro and Pro F2 with the slipstream sole tech? And how does it compare to their newer offerings CBX/EXS/C721? I always loved the feel of the Combo Brazing Ti faces and don’t know how they feel compared to the steel faces on the C721 (IIRC)... 

I think there’s a Demo Day coming up in 2-3 weeks but wanted to at least see if people found success with the CB Pro and F2 options or if the newer options are just head and shoulders above the older options...

Check eBay and the Tour Edge website to see if they have a CBX in your choice of shaft and flex.  I just picked up a CBX 15 degree with HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 for $120 NIB.  

Love the lower profile of the CBX, and it flat out sends the ball.

• Like 1

Ended up getting a CBX 119 16.5° 3W and the 20° Hybrid from RBG... worked out perfectly. They had 20% off and an additional 5% off... I also grabbed for my brother a 15° 3W and 18° 5W... 

basically $65 each club... they were “used” and looked like someone hit 10 balls with each of them. Except for 1 of the 3W’s that still had the plastic on... 

took it out with my Mevo and tested them. I’m not the longest but hitting the CBX119 about 10 yards longer. The hybrid was actually the biggest improvement because it was easier to lunch and still hit it with a nice ball flight and stopping power. Also added about 10-12 yards, which I’ll definitely take. 

I can’t say enough good things about TEE 3-woods and Hybrids. FanBoy4Lyfe... haha