SIK Putters

Pkcpga

Anyone play SIK putter that’s not an arm lock putter?  Currently gaming a Scotty t22 FB 1.5 and like the look of the SIK Flo but I’ve never used a SIK or even seen one in person.  Interesting tech and made in the USA, just curious how it compares to like a Scotty X5.5 or my putter, worth buying to try?  Since there’s no place that stocks SIK putters near me.

• Like 1

Tried one during a fitting recently, it was so heavy I really didn't like the feel at all.  A guy won the US Open with one though, so what do I know?

• Like 1

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I have a Pro in a regular spec and I like it. I like the look, I like the feel off the face, I like the weight, it's a nice putter for me. 

Comparing the Flo to the 5.5 the Flo will be much heavier than the 5.5 depending what you play the 5.5 at the 5.5 ranged at 350g to 370g and the Flo is 390g to 415g depending on the neck you can pick. Which means it's going to be way heavier and if you're not used to it you may not like it. 

• Like 1

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 6.0

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - NCW Boyd - and more. 

WITB Thread

Have tried both the FLO and DW and really like both of them. Have a FLO that is currently trying to unseat my PXG Operator right now. As a previous poster mentioned, the heavy feel is something to get used to but it is a solid dense feeling putter. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
Ping G425 2H @ 15.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 9TX
Ping G425 3H @ 19* Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX 
Srixon ZX7 4-GW Steelfiber 110X  
Fourteen RM-4 Raw 54/60 KBS HI-REV 125 
PXG Gen 2 Operator  
ProV1X Left Dash

Posted (edited)

At a recent fitting at Club Champion, I settled on the FLO with swept neck, standard, not arm lock.  I really liked the heavier weight.  The primary fitting adjustments to help my stroke were in putter length and 45° toe hang.  From there I was free to find a putter that suited my eye and weight.  I will say, the feel of the ball off the face of SIK felt better than any putter out there.  I would describe the feeling as "more muted" and "less clicky" than lets say a Scotty.  I've read reviews where people that have tested way more putters than I have talk about how picky they are on putter face feel.  Honestly I couldn't believe that I ended up liking the FLO over all the other brands and styles.

All that to be said, still waiting on the putter (3 weeks), but I can't wait to see the difference on the course.

Edited by gblack414
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, gblack414 said:

At a recent fitting at Club Champion, I settled on the FLO with swept neck, standard, not arm lock.  I really liked the heavier weight.  The primary fitting adjustments to help my stroke were in putter length and 45° toe hang.  From there I was free to find a putter that suited my eye and weight.  I will say, the feel of the ball off the face of SIK felt better than any putter out there.  I would describe the feeling as "more muted" and "less clicky" than lets say a Scotty.  I've read reviews where people that have tested way more putters than I have talk about how picky they are on putter face feel.  Honestly I couldn't believe that I ended up liking the FLO over all the other brands and styles.

All that to be said, still waiting on the putter (3 weeks), but I can't wait to see the difference on the course.

Did you happen to go with a heavier grip ? I am thinking of going that route with mine. 

Ping G425 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
Ping G425 2H @ 15.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 9TX
Ping G425 3H @ 19* Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX 
Srixon ZX7 4-GW Steelfiber 110X  
Fourteen RM-4 Raw 54/60 KBS HI-REV 125 
PXG Gen 2 Operator  
ProV1X Left Dash

On 5/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, endy said:

Did you happen to go with a heavier grip ? I am thinking of going that route with mine. 

No I didn't.  The fitter explained that with my stroke I wouldn't need to add any weight to the grip.  Fitter did caution me to not go too small or too large of a grip as it would affect my arc and stroke.  And to be honest, with the FLO being so heavy as well as SIK's heavier shafts, I didn't feel like it needed any more weight.

On 5/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, endy said:

I did. I got a sik pro c with the ct tour steel shaft. I just felt that the head is a bit too heavy and messed up my rhythm (because the swing weight was at F3.5 with my length). So I put a 50g countercore in the grip and the swing weight now is E3.5 which feels more balanced.

• Like 1

Cobra SZ 9*  Mitsubishi Tensei ck pro orange 70tx 

Mizuno ST190 3w Aldila 6S

Titleist 718 cb 3i Project X LZ 6.0

Mizuno Mizuno Pro 118 5i-PW NIPPON Modus 3 120 TX

Titleist Vokey SM5 50* DG S200

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 54/58 DG 115

Callaway PM Grind 64* KBS Hi-Rev 115

Sik Pro C 35.5"

Bridgestone Tour B X

Posted (edited)

I've been playing a SIK Sho for a few weeks and am really enjoying it. I was fit to one and since it has come in I have gotten rid of most of my other putters (a Scotty 5.5, Scotty 11.5 and a Taylormade Spider X) as the feel off the face and roll is better IMO. My build up is the Sho with plumbers neck, stability tour shaft and Super Stroke Tour 2.0 grip with 25 gram weight in it. The weight of the head being at 370 grams took a little to get used to and I had to add the counter weight to get the feel just right. Before I put the SS on it, I was using an Iomic mid size grip at 75 grams which felt great but I was flipping my wrists a little too much so I swapped to the SS. I highly suggest trying them out if you can!

*Dont mind my daughters pool / toys... we "share" our playground on our porch haha*

Sho 3.png

Sho 2.png

Sho 1.png

Edited by bsmithphoto13
  • Like 3

Curious about the stability shaft, how does it feel? I am thinking about putting one in my sik but worry that it might make the putter feels heavier than I want it to.

Cobra SZ 9*  Mitsubishi Tensei ck pro orange 70tx 

Mizuno ST190 3w Aldila 6S

Titleist 718 cb 3i Project X LZ 6.0

Mizuno Mizuno Pro 118 5i-PW NIPPON Modus 3 120 TX

Titleist Vokey SM5 50* DG S200

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 54/58 DG 115

Callaway PM Grind 64* KBS Hi-Rev 115

Sik Pro C 35.5"

Bridgestone Tour B X

Posted (edited)

I like their line, and tech, but the weight may break the deal. I have been trending to lighter putters. Currently putting my older Ping really well, and it feels about 320. 

Edit to say that I am patiently waiting to see if the Cobra line with the Sik face comes in lighter than the Sik line..

Edited by Mr. Grumpy
added to it..

On 5/11/2021 at 11:56 AM, KodakkuSensei said:

Curious about the stability shaft, how does it feel? I am thinking about putting one in my sik but worry that it might make the putter feels heavier than I want it to.

If you go with the Tour it wont change the weight of the putter much. It is within 5 grams total with the new shaft in mine. At first it felt more muted and I wasnt a fan but after playing a few rounds I really started to like it and the miss hits definitely stay on line better. I would highly suggest one! 

I was told that if you go with the standard shaft and not the tour it wont feel as good as that shaft is stiffer than the Tour, I havent tested it though so I cant weigh in on that one. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 10:29 AM, bsmithphoto13 said:

I've been playing a SIK Sho for a few weeks and am really enjoying it. I was fit to one and since it has come in I have gotten rid of most of my other putters (a Scotty 5.5, Scotty 11.5 and a Taylormade Spider X) as the feel off the face and roll is better IMO. My build up is the Sho with plumbers neck, stability tour shaft and Super Stroke Tour 2.0 grip with 25 gram weight in it. The weight of the head being at 370 grams took a little to get used to and I had to add the counter weight to get the feel just right. Before I put the SS on it, I was using an Iomic mid size grip at 75 grams which felt great but I was flipping my wrists a little too much so I swapped to the SS. I highly suggest trying them out if you can!

*Dont mind my daughters pool / toys... we "share" our playground on our porch haha*

Sho 3.png

Sho 2.png

Sho 1.png

This is the exact combination I'm looking at down to the grip.  How would you describe the feel/softness compared to your other putters? I've tried the Sik putters out but never one with BGT shaft (I've used a BGT Tour on an Evnroll before). 

D : PING G400 Max - Tensei Pro Orange 70

4W: Titleist TS2 - Matrix Ozik 8m2  

3H: PING G25 - TFC 189H [replacing with 7-wood]

4H: PING G410 - Tour AD-95

5i: Srixon z585 - Modus 105

5i-PW: Srixon z545/z745 - Modus 125

49.07*: Vokey SM7-F (Slate Blue) - Modus 125

54*: Vokey SM7-S (Raw) - DG X100

59*: Vokey SM4-S (Red Saw & Raw) - Modus 125w

P: Sik Sho (Plumber's Neck) 

7 hours ago, mwcallison said:

This is the exact combination I'm looking at down to the grip.  How would you describe the feel/softness compared to your other putters? I've tried the Sik putters out but never one with BGT shaft (I've used a BGT Tour on an Evnroll before). 

The BGT shaft gave the putter a more muted feel. It didnt really change the roll off center hits but definitely helped on miss hits (like its supposed to). My main thing with the BGT shaft was trying to find a good balance point, with the SS (roughly 55 grams) and no counter weight the putter was way to head heavy and felt really off. Once I put the 25 gram counter core weight in it the putter felt way better. If you can find a good balance point for you the shaft felt better than the stock one IMO. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been putting with the Flo C I got a week ago, and so far we don't get along. I have my Evnroll ER10 and ER5, and roll these great with very natural movement, but the Sik is just a bit sporadic. It feels solid and stable, but I seem to really pull this a lot. I don't really know what it is, but I feel like I want to like it a lot more than I actually do. 

20210628_165742.jpg

I actually just swapped in my SIK flo with LA golf shaft (not arm lock) for my scotty x5.5 for a round last week and felt far more stable on the greens.  The weight needs some getting used to, but overall IMO it is much more stable and seems to help me keep on line with my take away.  I also see more consistent roll vs. mishits on the scotty.  I'd say I enjoy the scotty feel a bit better, but as far as stability and starting on line, the flo is better for me.  LAG puts are harder to judge right now, but I think it is just getting used to the weight.  I'll be honest, some of my lag puts with scotty was horrible, but I have a feeling it was with my stroke and mishitting the sweet spot. I also wish the top alignment was a little bit bigger.  The Scotty topline is slightly longer.  I use the line on the ball to line it up so my version is only top line.  

Would recommend giving the FLO a try and I think there is some sense to the DLT with a more consistent roll.

I do have a spider X hydro blast coming in.  I was rolling it and it seems like a nice marriage between the two...

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a sik jo with la shaft. Went through the full fitting and the jo and pro heads were similar, I just liked the more rounded look of the jo. Tried all the heads. I was really surprised how different the shaft made it feel. I’ve always used kbs ct tour or stability tour, but the la made it feel so soft yet stable. Not boardy at all. I got the black head, 370g with an 85g grip. The swing weight is heavy but in the fitting everything was perfectly online. I even brought 4 of my favorite putters to test with it and the sik beat them all out on sam putt lab. 

• Like 1
  • TaylorMade Sim Driver
  • TaylorMade Sim 3 Fairway
  • TaylorMade Sim 2 Max Hybrid
  • PXG Gen 3 0311p Irons
  • Titleist Sm8 Wedges
  • MannKrafted Ma66 Scotty Fastback Evnroll Er5v Pxg Blackjack
  • Bridgestone Ball

On 7/10/2021 at 12:01 PM, Orlandogolfguru said:

I just picked up a sik jo with la shaft. Went through the full fitting and the jo and pro heads were similar, I just liked the more rounded look of the jo. Tried all the heads. I was really surprised how different the shaft made it feel. I’ve always used kbs ct tour or stability tour, but the la made it feel so soft yet stable. Not boardy at all. I got the black head, 370g with an 85g grip. The swing weight is heavy but in the fitting everything was perfectly online. I even brought 4 of my favorite putters to test with it and the sik beat them all out on sam putt lab. 

Did you get fit at SIK in Otown. Thinking of doing this myself.  So no more sweet Morgan, Mannkrafted, etc. customs.  

14 hours ago, jt2gt said:

Did you get fit at SIK in Otown. Thinking of doing this myself.  So no more sweet Morgan, Mannkrafted, etc. customs.  

oh there will always be sweet customs!  yes i got fit in orlando, went to club champion to test all of the heads and shafts, along with some other mfgs.  

• TaylorMade Sim Driver
  • PXG Gen 3 0311p Irons
  • Titleist Sm8 Wedges
  • Bridgestone Ball

33 minutes ago, Orlandogolfguru said:

oh there will always be sweet customs!  yes i got fit in orlando, went to club champion to test all of the heads and shafts, along with some other mfgs.  

Oh...cool.  Thought you may have gone direct to SIK headquarters.  I think they are in Orlando area.  

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, Phenderson said:

They are. They used to be at OCN now they are at Shingle Creek

Yep. Love shingle. Greens are running a little slow with all the rain 🤷‍♂️

• TaylorMade Sim Driver
  • PXG Gen 3 0311p Irons
  • Titleist Sm8 Wedges
  • Bridgestone Ball

Late to the party here but yeah, I was fitted to a SIK Sho C series with a slant neck at 33" earlier this year and have really enjoyed it. Before, I was bouncing around between a Spider Tour and a Heppler Anser 2. I gamed the Spider Tour for a long time. Sometimes I do miss the soft/smooth feel of an insert and will hop back to my spider for a couple rounds but I always end up back with the SIK.

SIK has a pretty cool fitting system with their putters too. The fitter can swap heads, shafts, hosels for you unlike other putters where you're usually stuck rolling what heads, hosel, length combos they have.

TaylorMade SIM Max D 9.0*
Titleist TS2 3 Wood 15*

TaylorMade M3 5 Wood 19*
Titleist TS2 23* (4 Hybrid)
Titleist T100S 5-GW 
Callaway Mack Daddy 54*

Callaway Mack Daddy 58*

SIK Sho C-Series w/ Slant Neck or Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 or TaylorMade Spider Tour 😅
Titleist ProV1x