I'm supper exited to get new clubs. I currently have the ping G but I'm in high school and I have grew out of those. I've been trying a couple of irons and I've come down to a couple of options. The first option is the Mizuno forged which I believe would suit me pretty well because they look nice but have a bit of forgiveness. The second option is the Callaway apex pro. I'm not 100% sure that I could handle these. My coach thinks that I absolutely could hit these. If I were to get them I would think I should get them bent a little stronger because I think 33 degrees for me is a bit to weak. I would love to get the apex pro's but once again I'm not sure If I could handle them. If anybody has them are they easy to hit? I don't really have a handicap but if I were to guess I would be around a 13 but I hit the ball better than what my handicap says because my short game sucks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will like the apex pro. It is an iron that will allow you to grow while still providing forgiveness where it is needed. They are in my opinion some of the best irons out of the market. Get

I agree with both of the above.  The difference in forgiveness between the two are negligible.  Do not adjust the lofts of the Apex. Just club up.  I’ve found that changing the relationship of the lea

I ended up with the Apex 21 instead of the pros.  I can hit the pros fine but the numbers in the fitting were a little better for me on the non-pros.  Both are great irons.  You could get a blended se

I think you will like the apex pro. It is an iron that will allow you to grow while still providing forgiveness where it is needed. They are in my opinion some of the best irons out of the market. Get fit with the shaft you need for your swing profile, and I think you will be very happy. If I can give further info just let me know.

• Like 2

I agree with G’s post as well..the Apex Pros are really nice irons and pretty forgiving, honestly.   You will definitely be able to handle them & as you improve they will get even better.   I wouldnt touch the lofts until you get em on the course and can really gauge turf interaction, etc.   and just make sure you are getting the right shaft for your swing. That is a make or break in all irons….obviously.     Imo, you need to love the look of the club and then the feel has to match.   They are not as tough to hit as you might think & plenty of forgiveness.  Those Mizuno forged are nice as well.  Two good options that you’ll be happy with…good luck.   And fix that short game. You’ll need it.  👍

• Like 1

I agree with both of the above.  The difference in forgiveness between the two are negligible.  Do not adjust the lofts of the Apex. Just club up.  I’ve found that changing the relationship of the leading edge to the turf with stronger lofts reduces the forgiveness, while increasing the offset.  It doesn’t make sense on paper, but I’ve found it to be consistently true.  Players irons have very little bounce to begin with and strengthening the lofts reduces that even further.  I have the Apex 4 iron in my set instead of my blades.  It’s that forgiving.  Great clubs.

• Like 2

I ended up with the Apex 21 instead of the pros.  I can hit the pros fine but the numbers in the fitting were a little better for me on the non-pros.  Both are great irons.  You could get a blended set and the lofts on the pros will be a little stronger than stock ones.  Go on Callaway's website and read about the blended sets.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SIM2 Autoflex 505
Epic 15*
Sub70 3 hybrid
Sub70 5 hybrid

Sub70 6 hybrid
Apex 21 irons  6-gap 
54* SM8
Sub70 JB low bounce 58*
PXG Operator H

You could combo either the Callaway's or Mizuno's.  Go to a fitting and see what suits you.

• Like 1

G410 10.5 Tensei Orange S - SIM2 HL 3W VENTUS BLUE 6 S - Titleist 915 2H Red Board S - Mizuno MP 20 Proj X IO 6.0 - Clev 588 Forged Wedges - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

On 5/5/2021 at 3:41 PM, joshtheberg said:

I'm supper exited to get new clubs. I currently have the ping G but I'm in high school and I have grew out of those. I've been trying a couple of irons and I've come down to a couple of options. The first option is the Mizuno forged which I believe would suit me pretty well because they look nice but have a bit of forgiveness. The second option is the Callaway apex pro. I'm not 100% sure that I could handle these. My coach thinks that I absolutely could hit these. If I were to get them I would think I should get them bent a little stronger because I think 33 degrees for me is a bit to weak. I would love to get the apex pro's but once again I'm not sure If I could handle them. If anybody has them are they easy to hit? I don't really have a handicap but if I were to guess I would be around a 13 but I hit the ball better than what my handicap says because my short game sucks.

You sound like a combo set candidate to me. Try Apex for 4-7 and Apex Pro 8-PW. That will give you the extra forgiveness and ball speed you need in the long to mid-irons and plenty of control and forgiveness at the bottom part. Keep in mind Apex Pro is still a VERY forgiving iron all while being in the players performance category.

16 hours ago, GolferSim said:

Hmm it definitely sparks my interest. I might give it a try this weekend at PGASS. I liked the feel of 19, but didn't like the design of it. Apex 21 looks better IMO, and they say it feels softer, which checks a lot of boxes. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming from a set of Miura's.....these new Apex Pro 21 irons are simply the best irons i've ever played.  7-4 iron lots of straight high shots w/plenty of pop but no crazy flyers.  8-pw are softer feeling and easilly workable.  Honestly, I'm kind of wowed.  

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS w/ Tensei 1k 6s

M6 3w Oban Purp 75g

M6 5w Graphite Design ad-di 7s

Apex Pro 21 MMT 95s  

Mizuno T-20 50, 54, 58

TM spider x

Pro V1x