2 minutes ago, PeanutsDaddy said:

Champ,

I’m happy to read that you received a putter from Logan, but totally disappointed to find out that the putter arrived and is not as it was ordered. A total bummer that the experience has led to an immediate sale of the putter. This is the second time I have read of this happening with him. I will add Olson to the list of makers on my ‘no fly list’.

As a result of this discussion,  I decided to go all in on a second Bradley yesterday, after a friend pointed out that they were running a sale. I had mentioned, in this thread, how positive the experience was the first time and had always intended to purchase another down the road. Here’s what I’ve decided to do . . . I chose acrylic, shape, length and Brad is taking care of the rest. No pictures, no communication, just a tracking number when all is done. I’m going to have faith in his ability to deliver on what he promises and expect a functional specimen of putter art to show up on my doorstep when he says it will (postal service not withstanding).

Once David at Goodwood releases his new line of mallet, and I generate some funds, that will be my next endeavour.

Give business to those who deliver what you order, in the timeframes promised, without all of the drama. This entire process should be enjoyable. 

I wish you all the best and hope it shows up as requested. Nothing better than asking for something custom and getting what you want when you finally open up the package. I’m just trying to warn anyone before they make the same mistake I did. I really don’t like to start drama on here or anywhere but this is just unacceptable. I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through what I did. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they are so busy making putters (and charging upfront) that they can't answer e-mails, then they should have enough money to hire an office person.   There are plenty of other putter make

I don’t have quite the following per-say that Olson does. But, I do get quite a few emails and messages in several different forms. It is quite a task to manage keeping up with customers. Much more so

I understand a lot of boutique putter manufacturers are busy.  I don't think anybody is arguing that.     The simple difference is NO other boutique putter producer gets more negative commen

Posted Images

Just now, Champ2430 said:

I wish you all the best and hope it shows up as requested. Nothing better than asking for something custom and getting what you want when you finally open up the package. I’m just trying to warn anyone before they make the same mistake I did. I really don’t like to start drama on here or anywhere but this is just unacceptable. I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through what I did. 

Just saw the putter your received. Some very nice elements. A buyer will eventually be happy.  GLWS.

As for mine. Here’s my order . . Blue Acrylic, Widowmaker, 34”, 350ish and 70* lie. All else will be a mystery. 

But don’t know that I’d ever be comfortable with a 2K mystery. 

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

5 minutes ago, PeanutsDaddy said:

Just saw the putter your received. Some very nice elements. A buyer will eventually be happy.  GLWS.

As for mine. Here’s my order . . Blue Acrylic, Widowmaker, 34”, 350ish and 70* lie. All else will be a mystery. 

Figured I would go all out and get all the details I wanted for once. Most important was a long neck blade with more stability. That’s not very easy to find so I figured I would go custom. Just sadly picked the wrong maker. It’s a beautiful putter and someone will be very pleased. Just not what I asked for is all. The finish is unreal though and very happy the way it turned out. I hope you get what you wanted but even better! Let me know how it turns out please. I’ve always been interested in those putters! 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

Figured I would go all out and get all the details I wanted for once. Most important was a long neck blade with more stability. That’s not very easy to find so I figured I would go custom. Just sadly picked the wrong maker. It’s a beautiful putter and someone will be very pleased. Just not what I asked for is all. The finish is unreal though and very happy the way it turned out. I hope you get what you wanted but even better! Let me know how it turns out please. I’ve always been interested in those putters! 

You’re forever flatstick is right around the corner. 

I’ll be sure to share whatever arrives. 

• Like 1

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

16 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

Sorry, this is probably my fault.  I fell in love with long neck blades years ago and probably have more than I should.  

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, PeanutsDaddy said:

The Bradley putters are cool but he mainly makes mallets which I don't like and most seem face balanced which I also don't like. Definitely someone I think is a great artisan and great person but just not putters I'd play.

Maybe I should buy a headcover from him instead. 

• Like 1

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

WITB Thread

Just now, MattM97 said:

The Bradley putters are cool but he mainly makes mallets which I don't like and most seem face balanced which I also don't like. Definitely someone I think is a great artisan and great person but just not putters I'd play.

Maybe I should buy a headcover from him instead. 

Totally understandable. Took a leap of faith to purchase my first, as I had never rolled a ‘wood’ putter, but I am a collector of all shapes and materials. 

That said, my broad point was more directed toward the fact that we should collectively support makers (regardless of their name) who offer experiences worthy of our support. 

Drama seems to generate viewership and participation, but I would much prefer to see positive experiences shared.  

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

2 minutes ago, PeanutsDaddy said:

Totally understandable. Took a leap of faith to purchase my first, as I had never rolled a ‘wood’ putter, but I am a collector of all shapes and materials. 

That said, my broad point was more directed toward the fact that we should collectively support makers (regardless of their name) who offer experiences worthy of our support. 

Drama seems to generate viewership and participation, but I would much prefer to see positive experiences shared.  

I get it, I do wish I could support someone like Bradley Putters that's why I said maybe I'll buy a headcover or some accessories to show support. 

But there are a lot of guys who definitely deserve more attention for the effort they put into making each putter special for their customers. 

• Like 1

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - SIK Pro Tour Proto - and more. 

WITB Thread

3 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

I get it, I do wish I could support someone like Bradley Putters that's why I said maybe I'll buy a headcover or some accessories to show support. 

But there are a lot of guys who definitely deserve more attention for the effort they put into making each putter special for their customers. 

Very well said and we should spread the word.

• Like 1

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

I would go to each of Olsons posts and put a big disclaimer complaint. That should get their attention.

I may or may not have done that on one post already.... 🙂

• Like 2

Taylormade Sim 9° - Smoke Green 70x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X
TM HiToe 52°/56°/62° - HiRev 2.0
Mack Made Custom 
2016 RZN Platinum (15 dozen in the garage)

Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, PeanutsDaddy said:

I own a Bradley Widowmaker and it feels pretty close to an odyssey white hot insert to me.  Mine has about 30 degrees of toe hang.  It puts a great roll on the ball and feels phenomenal.  I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and it still looks brand new.  His communication was excellent and I would not hesitate to purchase from him again.  

73B5B91C-8758-469F-B49C-A5795167FBA2.jpeg

Edited by jeff1727
Added pic
  • Like 2

I almost wonder if Olson got your order mixed up with another one and sent the wrong package.  If the communication was there at all you'd be able to get this figured out.  Personally I'd consider doing a chargeback with my credit card company and let him explain himself to them.

• Like 2

TEE C721 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 X

TEE XCG 13* Whiteboard 73S PUREd

PING G425 Crossover 2i Alta CB S

PING i210 4-U DG 120 S

PING Gorge Tour 54*

Cleveland RTX Full Face 58*

PING 2021 Tyne 4 34"

Taylormade TP5x Pix

12 minutes ago, jeff1727 said:

I own a Bradley Widowmaker and it feels pretty close to an odyssey white hot insert to me.  Mine has about 30 degrees of toe hang.  It puts a great roll on the ball and feels phenomenal.  I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and it still looks brand new.  His communication was excellent and I would not hesitate to purchase from him again.  

73B5B91C-8758-469F-B49C-A5795167FBA2.jpeg

Exactly how I have described my first to others. So much depth to your Widowmaker. Simply beautiful. As I stated, functional art. Each putter unlike any other. 

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

7 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

I almost wonder if Olson got your order mixed up with another one and sent the wrong package.  If the communication was there at all you'd be able to get this figured out.  Personally I'd consider doing a chargeback with my credit card company and let him explain himself to them.

Definitely not the case. I tried to confirm many times with him to make sure this didn’t happen. Already tried with the credit card but it’s been too long. I was pretty specific with the details and he pretty much went cold turkey once he got my money. He’s a nice guy but can’t handle that many orders at one time. 

I posted on one of his posts on IG and it looks like he deleted it.

Classy

Mack Made Custom 

Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Honestly man you are being way too nice about this. I would file a complaint with visa 100%. Call it receiving the wrong order, file it as fraud, doesn't matter. It's his fault not yours. I'd be spamming all of his IG posts each time aswell. Take my money, do me dirty, and I'm making a big deal about it. 

• Like 1

COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
Xenon Copper Wide X
SGC 902

1 hour ago, Champ2430 said:

I’ve seen that. That’s why you don’t see any negative comments. I don’t want to do that yet because I’m sure he’ll just block me if I spam bad comments.

I'll blast him on your behalf, I have a few IG accounts 😁

• Like 1

Mack Made Custom 

About to order a custom from a different putter maker and communication is already slightly spotty.  Goodwood's response was definitely eyeopening - I can imagine a couple hundred concurrent working orders for someone like Olson.  It's mind boggling that they don't get some part time help to sort through at least the mundane/tire kicking emails and IG communiciation.  I feel for them running a 1 man business. 

Anyways, sorry to hear about your tribulations with your custom.  At that price range you'd definitely expect more.  

Callaway TD LS 9 - Accra TZ5 M5 

Callaway Rogue SZ 15 - Diamana Tensei Pro White 70 TX

Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 TX

Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 4-PW - C-Taper 130 X

Taylormade MG2 50, 54, 60 - S400

TP Mills Dale/TP Mills Nellie

Pro V1

10 minutes ago, hwwong said:

About to order a custom from a different putter maker and communication is already slightly spotty.  Goodwood's response was definitely eyeopening - I can imagine a couple hundred concurrent working orders for someone like Olson.  It's mind boggling that they don't get some part time help to sort through at least the mundane/tire kicking emails and IG communiciation.  I feel for them running a 1 man business. 

Anyways, sorry to hear about your tribulations with your custom.  At that price range you'd definitely expect more.  

I’m not going to speak on other small putter makers. But to me on the Olson situation, it’s simply the greed for money. He takes all the money up front for 500 putters up front which is a bad way to do it in my opinion. There’s no way one man can handle the details needed for 500 putters at a time. I can understand a deposit but the full amount is not the way you should treat customers of a small business. Especially when you have to wait 6 months. Then you end up with a messed up product. I’m not very good at math but I know with the prices he charges and 500 putters in que, he’s doing very well. He can afford to take back a few putters if they weren’t made correctly. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, hwwong said:

Also, what you said about goodwood. He seems like a good dude and I will keep him in mind for my next project. But his comment about the stress of custom orders shows you it’s not easy. He can manage it though because he doesn’t take in more than he can handle. He keeps it under 100 orders and under 3 month wait. That’s perfectly acceptable to me. 500-600 putters and 6-8 months is mind boggling and have no idea why you would even do that to yourself. 

I’m not going to speak on other small putter makers. But to me on the Olson situation, it’s simply the greed for money. He takes all the money up front for 500 putters up front which is a bad way to do it in my opinion. There’s no way one man can handle the details needed for 500 putters at a time. I can understand a deposit but the full amount is not the way you should treat customers of a small business. Especially when you have to wait 6 months. Then you end up with a messed up product. I’m not very good at math but I know with the prices he charges and 500 putters in que, he’s doing very well. He can afford to take back a few putters if they weren’t made correctly. 

Uhh yea for sure!  That's a good chunk of change.  Can't believe he takes full deposit up front.    For that money he could certainly afford to hire an admin person to keep track of orders and manufacturing queue.  

• Like 1

Pro V1

Also, what you said about goodwood. He seems like a good dude and I will keep him in mind for my next project. But his comment about the stress of custom orders shows you it’s not easy. He can manage it though because he doesn’t take in more than he can handle. He keeps it under 100 orders and under 3 month wait. That’s perfectly acceptable to me. 500-600 putters and 6-8 months is mind boggling and have no idea why you would even do that to yourself. 

Yea I was shocked hours a day on the phone for just 40-50 orders?  Can't imagine what 500 would bring.  How can you NOT have a bunch of people helping?   I need to buy a CNC machine.... 

Pro V1

6 hours ago, Champ2430 said:

I picked up a Nike proto long neck on here that is almost completely face balanced. I love it. I didn’t expect to like it that much but it’s so much better than expected. Crazy part is it’s the cheapest putter I’ve had in a while.. by far lol. I want to get a fitting at artisan though. That’s the only way I’ll do a custom putter now is if I can see it in person. I once had one done with mankrafted when I was in Phoenix and got to see the whole build first hand. That’s the only way to go.  

Kevin Burns Nike milled proto long neck, Kevin Burns makes great putters.  Also great to deal with for custom.  

1 hour ago, hwwong said:

Yea I was shocked hours a day on the phone for just 40-50 orders?  Can't imagine what 500 would bring.  How can you NOT have a bunch of people helping?   I need to buy a CNC machine.... 

Haha it’s a 40-50 continuous running total. 500 is silly. I’d be subbing out some work for sure. But, to another comment before about the tire kickers and general inquiries, yes.. there is A LOT of time spent there. My concern with hiring someone as a helper is that I am way too much of a control freak to trust someone to manage communications. At least right now. 

I will also add that there are times where a break is needed. Might sound silly, but it takes real motivation and the right mind set to do the work. Especially the stamping. It’s extremely easy to scrap heads when you’re tired or not paying attention. I’ve got drawers full of trashed heads simply because I wasn’t focused lol. So again, 500 orders with the kind of details he puts into them is a mountain of a task. This is another reason why I don’t do a lot of the real fancy stuff with all the special milling, engraving, character stamps, etc. I’ve realized there is a line you have to draw as to what level of customization you want to/can manage. I don’t expect everyone to agree with me on this, but at some point when you have such a wide variety of options, it’s easy to lose brand identity and start to blend in. Even if the quality and detail work is top level. My putters are not perfect, they are affordable and made to be played. I’m very open up front about what I can and cannot manage with custom options. Hopefully that keeps my name out of thread titles like this 😉

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, dfr1028a said:

Haha it’s a 40-50 continuous running total. 500 is silly. I’d be subbing out some work for sure. But, to another comment before about the tire kickers and general inquiries, yes.. there is A LOT of time spent there. My concern with hiring someone as a helper is that I am way too much of a control freak to trust someone to manage communications. At least right now. 

I will also add that there are times where a break is needed. Might sound silly, but it takes real motivation and the right mind set to do the work. Especially the stamping. It’s extremely easy to scrap heads when you’re tired or not paying attention. I’ve got drawers full of trashed heads simply because I wasn’t focused lol. So again, 500 orders with the kind of details he puts into them is a mountain of a task. This is another reason why I don’t do a lot of the real fancy stuff with all the special milling, engraving, character stamps, etc. I’ve realized there is a line you have to draw as to what level of customization you want to/can manage. I don’t expect everyone to agree with me on this, but at some point when you have such a wide variety of options, it’s easy to lose brand identity and start to blend in. Even if the quality and detail work is top level. My putters are not perfect, they are affordable and made to be played. I’m very open up front about what I can and cannot manage with custom options. Hopefully that keeps my name out of thread titles like this 😉

So should I keep an eye out on your Instagram for some lefty blemish clearance items 🤣

• Like 1

Mack Made Custom 

After reading this post, I am glad that I have had very good experiences with both Bradley and Mack Made (Josey). The communication with both of those companies was/is fantastic. I had 2 problems with my Bradley purchases. Both were handled professionally and quickly, nothing like the story here in this post. I would def buy another putter from either just based on communication alone. 

I am currently on my 2nd order through Josey. He has been a joy to deal with, even with an awkward situation. My wife and parents are getting me a putter for my birthday. I contacted him, we discussed shape, weight, toe hang, neck, insert. I then handed the rest off to him and my wife. She has stated communication has been excellent, and he has helped her through deciding on the intricacies of the putter. I am thankful he is so easy going. Very excited for next month. 

Both Bradley and Mack Made are excellent to deal with. I will def look into Goodwood in the future. 

I just wish any of these putters actually lowered my score. Sure are nice to look at though.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Pkcpga said:

Kevin Burns Nike milled proto long neck, Kevin Burns makes great putters.  Also great to deal with for custom.  

While the quality of his putters are meticulous, his poor/lack of communication with 6-9 months waiting queue hurts him. He’s got a few threads on this topic matter too.

Back on topic, one dude taking 500 customs orders is concerning. With a median of $1500 per putter upfront makes a great cashflow and ability to have 3 cnc's running his stock series for sure.

Edited by Bsch189

Callaway Epic Max LS 9*, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X

Cobra F9 3-4 wood, Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted 6.0

TaylorMade P790 2 UDI, Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0

Mizuno MP20 4-9, Project X 6.5

Artisan 48*, 54* and 60*, Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport, KBS CT Tour Chrome