2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Before buying an Olson putter

I think the entire point is once you are going "custom", you better deliver what you said you would.... And the entire problem here is that not only does Logan NOT do that, he refuses to communicate OR make things right.

Obviously each maker will have limitations, but if you refuse to communicate that......it's not acceptable at $500-$800 let alone what Logan charges.

Can you imagine paying for a piece unique Bentley, waiting a year, not getting what you asked for and having zero recourse?

Obviously it's still "a nice car" but that's NOT THE POINT.

I had no problem getting exactly what I wanted with Josie at Mack Made, and any small limitations that came up were discussed.

So there's zero reason that Logan can't provide same level of service especially given how much more intricate his finishing work is, he clearly has the ability to meet customers needs but doesn't have the conviction to do what's right

Edited by PixlPutterman
  • Like 2

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

9 hours ago, thepunch_out said:

It's tough putting so much time, thought, energy and money into a project like this and not getting back what you've had in mind during your months long wait. But my man, I also have to say that is one of the most beautiful putters I've ever seen and something I didn't know I needed in my life until now lol! If the time ever comes and you feel like moving on, let me know and I'll gladly slip that in my bag any day. Just gorgeous.

Will let you know. Thanks 

Srixon ZX5 MKII 8.5* LS Ventus Black 7 X

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 13* Ventus Black 8 X

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 18* Ventus Black 8 X

Srixon ZX5 MKII 3 - 7 ZX7 8-P DG X100 Tour Issue

Cleveland RTX 6 Zip Core Tour Rack 56 Full & 60 Full

Odyssey OG WH Nano 7 

Srixon Z Star XV

I suppose I've been fortunate in that all the custom putters I have ordered have been made exactly to what I wanted, in terms of design, fabrication, stamping and finish.   I've ordered maybe six or seven custom putters from Byron Morgan and David Mills and still own three of them (two from Byron and one from David).  I agree with those who say that custom putters should be made to the buyers specs and preferences.  There are some putter makers who will put their own spin on a design and for those who want that then that's great.  For those who want total design control from what is offered that's also great.  For me every putter was a collaboration and both Byron and David discussed the project with me.  I described what I was looking for and they explained how what I wanted would perform and we found options that would work on the design aspect.  With regard to stampings every putter was stamped the way I wanted.  At the end of the day it's my putter and I want it they way I want it but taking in consideration that the design is going to work my stroke.

Edited by RobotDoctor

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

• 4 months later...

Maybe he should infuse some of that assumed/created business prestige into his cnc program software and a quality web developer that doesn’t allow 50 putters to be sold when 12 are available.  🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Every release there's an issue it seems like, and it's not like other guys are not having issues, they do just not every release. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I was really pumped for this drop... Actually sold most of my other putters to fund this purchase, but was instantly irritated to see that the only lefty available was the basic answer style blade. Still, had it in the cart within the first 2 minutes, but decided against it because it wasn't what I truly wanted. Seeing the issues on orders anyway, I'm kind of glad I didn't pull the trigger. Guess I still won't have the custom putter I was waiting for and will just end up back in the Sik I really came to love before I sold it trying to get one of these. 

Edited by Hunteruu
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, 976-Evil said:

but it’s always the winds fault…

Exactly, it's not my fault that I'm fat it's the foods fault for having too many calories. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

13 hours ago, jonradus said:

I heard his wait time to on customs is 24+ months. Dude is apparently booked solid and is banking, so he’s doing something right. It’s like a presidential candidate…you either love him or hate him. This thread leans towards the “hate him” end of the spectrum. 

If we want to compare to Presidential candidates I would guess the analogy would be if a candidate promises something, then doesn't do it when in office. I wouldn't necessarily say calling the candidate out on it as hate.

13 hours ago, jonradus said:

I heard his wait time to on customs is 24+ months. Dude is apparently booked solid and is banking, so he’s doing something right. It’s like a presidential candidate…you either love him or hate him. This thread leans towards the “hate him” end of the spectrum. 

He may be busy now...keep up the poor communication...2 year wait...and not producing exactly what customers are asking for, he may not be busy for many years after.  Longevity will be his real challenge. 

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

• 4 weeks later...

You sound like a whiny c*** who is bugging the s*** out of him.  Dude is working 14 plus hours a day to provide a ultra premium product for not nearly enough money.  Try and buy a 009 and get back to us.  He can't answer 100 emails and texts from you and has a huge backlog.  It's like this with any boutique company that is in demand.  I tjink you have no idea what actually goes into production like this.  It's hard to make a custom.  It's literally spread across days of work.  You said it best when you didn't have a good idea up front.  What's another month if it's what you wanted and it's perfect.  There have been monumental delays in everything on the supply side. If it was me u would have sent your money back before I even got stated because you don't seem to have realistic expectations. Good luck, at this point he probably doesn't have to worry about you buying another so keep pestering cause that's going to speed the process up.

Cobra F9 Speedback 7.0 Graphite Design Tour Ad GP 7x
Callaway Rogue SUB ZERO 13.5 HZRDUS Yellow 83x
Srixon U85 18 & 22  Steelfiber 110 X-cw 
Srixon 585  5/6 Steelfiber 110 X-cw
Srixon 785 7/8/9 Steelfiber 110 X-cw
 Cleveland 46,52 58 RTX3 Steelfiber 125 X-cw
Odyssey Mc2 Oworks
Srixon Zstar gloves, and Zstar XV Ball

59 minutes ago, opus_mh said:

You sound like a whiny c*** who is bugging the s*** out of him.  Dude is working 14 plus hours a day to provide a ultra premium product for not nearly enough money.  Try and buy a 009 and get back to us.  He can't answer 100 emails and texts from you and has a huge backlog.  It's like this with any boutique company that is in demand.  I tjink you have no idea what actually goes into production like this.  It's hard to make a custom.  It's literally spread across days of work.  You said it best when you didn't have a good idea up front.  What's another month if it's what you wanted and it's perfect.  There have been monumental delays in everything on the supply side. If it was me u would have sent your money back before I even got stated because you don't seem to have realistic expectations. Good luck, at this point he probably doesn't have to worry about you buying another so keep pestering cause that's going to speed the process up.

Relax.....

• Like 1

Members have been stating issues with custom Olson's for years.  While he makes things "pretty" (for all you IG socialites) he doesn't do a very good job of hitting "specs".  So before you go shelling out Big Cheddar on a putter, ask yourself which of those 2 categories is most important to you and that should tell you whether to go with him or another custom putter maker.

The fact that he doesn't correct his wrongs seems borderline fraudulent.  Either correct the issue or give a partial refund.  Then again, why should he when so many naive rich people are lining up to get one of his "pretty" putters.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ted2 said:

Relax.....

I am. I just don't wanna see a guy get drug because this dude has unrealistic expectations, and see a bunch of clowns pile on who were never going to be a customer anyway.  A friend got his Olsen after nine months and was told nine months as was I so I don't know where this 3 months max BS is coming from but it takes how long it takes.  This whole thread is one big circle jerk and probably should be pulled.

• Like 1

Odyssey Mc2 Oworks

58 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

Members have been stating issues with custom Olson's for years.  While he makes things "pretty" (for all you IG socialites) he doesn't do a very good job of hitting "specs".  So before you go shelling out Big Cheddar on a putter, ask yourself which of those 2 categories is most important to you and that should tell you whether to go with him or another custom putter maker.

The fact that he doesn't correct his wrongs seems borderline fraudulent.  Either correct the issue or give a partial refund.  Then again, why should he when so many naive rich people are lining up to get one of his "pretty" putters.   

Not everyone is built for making cuts, and I'll never chastise or judge what or where someone wants to spend money.  I couldn't order putter shafts and half the Grips people wanted last year at the shop.  It's a time of compromise not acting like an entitled overgrown teenager because a putter is taking longer than expected.  There are plenty of Odysseys in the bst that roll it just fine with millions of research R&D behind them. Having worked in a putter manufacturer at times I can tell you it's not just taking a head off the cnc and gluing a shaft in. I'm sure the original poster could probably still get a full refund because there are probably still several hundred waiting to be produced in front of him.

Odyssey Mc2 Oworks

17 minutes ago, opus_mh said:

Not everyone is built for making cuts, and I'll never chastise or judge what or where someone wants to spend money.  I couldn't order putter shafts and half the Grips people wanted last year at the shop.  It's a time of compromise not acting like an entitled overgrown teenager because a putter is taking longer than expected.  There are plenty of Odysseys in the bst that roll it just fine with millions of research R&D behind them. Having worked in a putter manufacturer at times I can tell you it's not just taking a head off the cnc and gluing a shaft in. I'm sure the original poster could probably still get a full refund because there are probably still several hundred waiting to be produced in front of him.

Dude, I'm in no way questioning the amount of work involved in making a custom putter.  Nor have I complained about lead times so spare me the entitled teenager BS.  

PS, if I want a putter that feels like a marshmallow, I'll buy an odyssey.  

3 hours ago, opus_mh said:

Considering he doesn't hit specs for some guys, doesn't do what people ask for, add stuff people don't ask for or want, has putters falling apart, etc.

If I'm dropping that kinda cash I want exactly what I ask for, no ifs, ands, or buts. If some etching or hammering could look good for the gram I don't care make another putter for that not mine. That's the issue people are having he's going off the board, why even bother letting people design their putters if he doesn't bother following what they made, just pay 3k and get a surprise putter in 9-12 months. 

• Like 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 hour ago, opus_mh said:

Take a Xanax dude.

Part of being a high end boutique ANYTHING is providing the service of fine detail and custom spec.

If you cant meet those needs then may Olson should just be selling Odyssey putters and not taking orders for what he cant and wont deliver on.

Go see how long you would be in business building high end custom cars when you continue to NOT meet what the customer paid for........

• Like 3

Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

1 hour ago, opus_mh said:

not acting like an entitled overgrown teenager 

The irony in that statement when you got on a thread that was started over a year ago to complain about the OP......

Seemore mFGP2 

1 minute ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

There are plenty of independent business owners, small operations, artisans who mange do the things you say he can't do. It's part of the job. So, not doing the business side right and getting many of the product specifics wrong, and you can see why some people are upset. 

EXACTLY - Plenty of other putter makers that have long lead times but also know how to engage with customers AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.......be accountable for any mistakes that are made.

• Like 3

Seemore mFGP2 

21 hours ago, opus_mh said:

I am. I just don't wanna see a guy get drug because this dude has unrealistic expectations, and see a bunch of clowns pile on who were never going to be a customer anyway.  A friend got his Olsen after nine months and was told nine months as was I so I don't know where this 3 months max BS is coming from but it takes how long it takes.  This whole thread is one big circle jerk and probably should be pulled.

The issue isn't about wait times....every puttermaker has issue with that. 

The issue is ordering a custom putter and not getting the putter that you wanted. Then trying to get in contact with him to correct the issue is like pulling teeth. 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, opus_mh said:

Probably one of the dumbest comments I've read here in a while.  

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

On 4/30/2022 at 11:16 AM, 5hort5tuff said:

Probably one of the dumbest comments I've read here in a while.  

Yeah, gotta agree there. If that poster is a close friend I hope he knows that his comment isn’t a good look on the brand.

He makes cool things, but seeing the issues that come up that aren’t fixed after the fact is concerning. I wouldn’t want a putter with a loose neck floating around out there…also a bad look on the brand. 

Edited by italianstallion
  • Like 4