2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Sim2 driver guys - talk about it

getitdaily

6 minutes ago, Pingman2019 said:

Was using a sim2 9.0 in standard setting with ventus black 6x playing a draw

got It as a warranty replacement from my sim and has great accuracy and looks/feel but was I would say 8-10 yards shorter on average then my sim which has me now looking  for a different driver 

Spin higher on sim2 than sim?

I cracked my sim today. Will get warranty replaced with a sim2. Just bought a sim head on bst. Guess I'm covered, whichever way I go.

Waiting on my warranty replacement for my sim. Going on 3 months now. 

will be in a sim2 9* lofted down to 8.25* ventus black 6x

if it ever shows up....

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

28 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Did you hit the sim2 in a demo head? How's it compare?

I have not. 

but I am sure it will be good. Same as the sim, touch more stable I hear. Sim head was very good for me as well. 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I have a sim2 8* turned down lower. It is decent compared to the previous sim which was the best driver I have ever hit. Sim2 launches 1-2* more, spins 300-400rpm more, and draws a bit easier. It is a really good driver overall but a downgrade for me personally. I wish the Sim durability was better so I could just keep playing that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Which head are you in?

Loft? Adapter setting?

Play a fade or a draw?

Yours crack out in the adjustment track?

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

4 hours ago, Mattpgolf15 said:

I work for Taylormade as a demo tech and I will be the first to say Sim is far better in my mind than Sim2. Sim to me feels more solid off the face and creates a stronger ball flight. Sim 2 is too spiny and seems like my shots curve a touch more with it. Just my 2 cents. 

I have both.  Only reason why the SIM 2 is in my bag is because of the extra forgiveness.  When I hit both pure, distance is similar.  It's harder to hit that bleeder to the right with the SIM 2 for sure.  SIM 2 wants to go straight and launches lower at 9 to 12 degrees which is my ideal window.  Also have to consider that this one is an 8* and my OG SIM is 9*.  If I could hit the middle of the face consistently, I would probably game the OG SIM. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I have both.  Only reason why the SIM 2 is in my bag is because of the extra forgiveness.  When I hit both pure, distance is similar.  It's harder to hit that bleeder to the right with the SIM 2 for sure.  SIM 2 wants to go straight and launches lower at 9 to 12 degrees which is my ideal window.  Also have to consider that this one is an 8* and my OG SIM is 9*.  If I could hit the middle of the face consistently, I would probably game the OG SIM. 

Absolutely agree. I like to hit the little bleeder and the sim 2 just seems to want to draw a little bit. Could just be me. Definitely more forgiving and doesn’t spin a ton just more than I prefer to see. Can see how it’d be great for many people. 

• Like 1

Taylormade M4 10.5* Tour AD Di 6s
Titleist 915f 15* Diamana Blue board
Taylormade P790 3 iron
Mizuno 919 Tour 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 X
Taylormade Hi Toe- 52, 56, 60
Taylormade Spider X Navy
Taylormade TP5x

13 hours ago, Mattpgolf15 said:

I work for Taylormade as a demo tech and I will be the first to say Sim is far better in my mind than Sim2. Sim to me feels more solid off the face and creates a stronger ball flight. Sim 2 is too spiny and seems like my shots curve a touch more with it. Just my 2 cents. 

Very interesting feedback esp given your position

What's even more interesting is it looks like you have a m4 in the bag, which tells me you don't think either the Sim or Sim2 beats that out either

I'm in a M6 myself, and the Sim did nothing for me for that exact reason.  Haven't tried the Sim2, and no real rush to 

Yadi for President

13 hours ago, Mattpgolf15 said:

Appreciate your post. 

I had no intention of testing sim2. I hit it about 8 times a couple of weeks ago only because I wanted to put some swings on a ventus black.  But with my sim cracking yesterday, I'll get a sim2 as a replacement. So now I have reason to test it. Got a sim of bst yesterday so I'll get to compare them head to head all i want. Launch monitor, range, on course. 

I switched to the Sim2 about a month ago (though I have only played a few rounds with it due to my kids' baseball schedule). I hit the Sim for about 6 mos. prior to that. Sim2 is 10.5 and my Sim is 9. I have the Ventus Black 6S and used it in my Sim. 

Distance is similar, though I do feel that my Sim was a tad longer (that takes into account the different lofts). I like the feel/sound of the Sim2 more. IMO, the Sim2 is more forgiving. 

Now that my schedule is becoming a bit more normal, I plan on doing some testing with the Sim2 on a launch monitor and a side-by-side comparison to my Sim. 

I'll had my perspective as a 12 handicap, moderate speed, high spin player. The original Sim is the longest driver I have ever played. That has been confirmed on the course and trackman. I tested it when it first came out but found at my skill level I didn't hit middle much and therefore decided to go for a high MOI driver. Recently I decided I wanted to experiment more with the OG Sim on the course. As someone who hits hooks on occasion, I discovered that on the course my hooks didn't go as far left or as deep into the rough. I have actually played better golf with OG sim in the bag than my g410 or tsi2. 

I decided to give Sim 2 a shot. First the sound is not as muted. Has a hint of a crack and I personally prefer it more than the thud of my Sim. I think the OG sim has bigger drives in it. I assume it's lower spin. OG Sim seems fade biased while the Sim 2 is pretty neutral. I am playing the Sim 2 in 9 degrees and the OG Sim in 10.5. Both seem to launch similarly. I wonder how the actual lofts compare. 

Something that I have found is that on trackman I have been unable to beat 1.48 smash with the TMs, but consistently hit 1.50 with my tsi2. I also get 103-105 swing speed with the TMs but only 102-103 with the tsi2. Overall ball speeds are pretty similar. Makes me wonder does trackman read the heads different for clubhead speed and therefore miscalculating smash. Ultimately it doesn't matter, but find it interesting. 

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Just when I thought the cheesy topic titles had disappeared......

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond S  8.5* (Tensei 1k Pro Blue)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 3W (Tensei 1k Black)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 5W (Tensei 1K Pro Black)

Fairway: Titleist TSR 7W (Tensei 1K Pro Black)

Irons: PXG 0317T Xtreme Dark 5-PW (Dynamic Gold120 X100)

Wedge: Titleist SM9 48*

Wedge: Titleist SM9 54*

Wedge: Titleist SM9 58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice

I have a 8 degree Sim and a 9 degree Sim 2. When hit in the middle no difference from what I can see. The Sim 2 is a touch deeper/taller face, and seems to handle higher strikes better. So Sim 2 does offer a little more forgiveness but it is small. I also prefer the sound of the Sim 2, but I like the looks better of the OG Sim. So I will keep both, that way I can threaten one with the other so it will behave in my bag, at least that is the plan! 😉

• Like 1

I'm in a SIM2 9* lofted down 1 notch (I think that's 8.25*). Using the PX Smoke Black RDX. It is one of the straightest drivers for me. I've been swinging well lately and having a blast with this club. 

Previously played a SIM 10.5*. Long but nowhere accurate as the SIM2. I also personally like the sound/feel of the SIM2 better as well.

Edited by charlokim

--------------------------

witb

ping g430 lst 9* tour 2.0 chrome 75x

titleist tsr2 7w 21* tensei 1k black 85x

cobra king tour 5-p kbs $-taper 130

ping glide 4.0 50S 56S z-z115

tm spider tour cb 38"

35 minutes ago, geakins said:

I have a 8 degree Sim and a 9 degree Sim 2. When hit in the middle no difference from what I can see. The Sim 2 is a touch deeper/taller face, and seems to handle higher strikes better. So Sim 2 does offer a little more forgiveness but it is small. I also prefer the sound of the Sim 2, but I like the looks better of the OG Sim. So I will keep both, that way I can threaten one with the other so it will behave in my bag, at least that is the plan! 😉

Yeah I prefer the lighter grey carbon crown of the SIM over the darker grey of the SIM 2.  The bottom of the SIM 2 is way more appealing to the eye IMO.  As for both being hit dead flush, there is only marginal difference for me and I'm talking 5 yards on average. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

First TM driver for me since the SuperTri. Wanted something that would not go left. Worked with the TM rep for about two hours to get dialed in. Ended up with the Sim2 max 10.5 - one click open /  Tour AD Di 7. 

After about 6 or 7 rounds, I am hitting really consistent baby cuts with every swing. 

distance is very similar to previous drivers in my bag.  Maybe a touch shorter due to the cut / slight higher spin rates. Lots of confidence right now with this club. 

• Like 1

SIM2 8.0, Tensei 1K 60TX, sleeve 1 click open, typical shot shape is fairly straight and could tip left or right, mostly right.

I didn't get along with SIM. Have an 8.0 and spent a few weeks with a 9.0. I hated the feel. It was harsh and never really felt like I flushed a shot. I hit the SIM Max 9.0 a couple of times and that was better for me, but it was too late in the season to switch. From an aesthetics standpoint, SIM2 wins by a large margin for me. Love the darker crown, and the sole looks fast. Not sure how else to describe it. I also like the slight change to the shape of the SIM2 head. 

I compared SIM 8.0 and SIM2 8.0 on TrackMan multiple times in March and they were very close in performance, as should be expected. SIM launched slightly lower (0.5-1.0 deg), ball speeds were very close, but SIM2 spun ~200 rpm more which fits me a little better. On course performance isn't really close. I'm very consistent with SIM2, but seem to hit the occasional foul ball with SIM just a little too often. And again, from a feel standpoint, SIM2 feels like what I expect from a TaylorMade driver. SIM felt hard, which I didn't like.

Edited by jll62
  • Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Sim2 10.5, Ventus Black 6X tipped 1", 45.5" end of grip, sleeve set to lower. typical shot shape is a slight push draw with miss being a push out to the left (lefty).

Picked up significant (3-5 mph) in club speed and ball speed over my M5. Dispersion is a little all over the place at the moment with many shots tailing to the right. Been in places on the course this year that I've never been before as far as distance goes though.

Sim2 to me is much more forgiving than the original Sim.

Driver- Taylormade SIM 2 *10.5 set at 8.5*, Ventus Black 6X

3 Wood- Taylormade SIM 2 15* set at 14.25*, Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7X

5 Wood- Taylormade SIM 19* set at 19.75*, Tensei Orange 80TX

Driving Iron- Taylormade P790 UDI 18*, Tour AD DI 95X

Irons- 4-PW Callaway Apex TCB Raw, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges- Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black 50*, 55*, High Toe Raw 60*, Nippon Modus 115 Black Wedge 

Putter- Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4, Ping PLD Anser 2 matte raw or Spider Tour Red

Had a cup of coffee with an 8 degree head this morning.  And I played a sim max for an entire 14 months  before.    

the sim 2 is higher launching , and easier for me to draw.  I’m not a hooker.  So I prefer a draw biased or more accurately a neutral faced driver.  Sim 2 is.  I have it setup one degree higher loft. Quite  low spin and feels really good off the face.  Softer than the sim max 1.    Can’t say a bad thing yet.  But it’s only been one afternoon.  And  not on course.  But I think o like it better than the 1 already simply on ability to turn it over.  Still fades easy. I just want to be able to hit the right to left roller if I want.  

• Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock