Sim2 driver guys - talk about it

getitdaily

1 hour ago, Bye said:

Are you guys playing these at stock length? 45.75 seems long.

45.5 for me.  But I’m tallish.  If I cut it down to 44 I’d have to play a 40 inch 3 wood to keep a gap. This Ts2 3 wood is a beast.  😂

• Like 1

Epic Speed triple diamond 8.7 TB70 TX

Titleist 915 FD 13.5 Rombax P95x 

TM sim max 18 Aldila rogue proto 85TX 

Titleist T100 4-gap MMT 125 TX 

Edel  SMS 54 58 MMT 125 TX ( testing ) 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

3 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Don't say that.  If true, I might be tempted to go out and buy a SIM 3 next year!  Btw, I will remember your name if I do.  🤪

Hahahaha it's like you shouldn't buy the first model year of a new car/truck. Buy the last model year, all the kinks are worked out. That's how I see it 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, gevans24 said:

Hahahaha it's like you shouldn't buy the first model year of a new car/truck. Buy the last model year, all the kinks are worked out. That's how I see it 

You mean like the 2020 Corvette.  💣

Edited by phizzy30

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana PD 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

54 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

45.5 for me.  But I’m tallish.  If I cut it down to 44 I’d have to play a 40 inch 3 wood to keep a gap. This Ts2 3 wood is a beast.  😂

Yeah Titleist woods have been hot since the 915. 

• Like 1

Sim 2 Max 10.5 Tensei CK Blue 60X
3 Wood - Titleist TSI 2 - 15 degree (C4) - Tensei CK Blue 70X

Titleist 816 H2 - 21 (C1) Aldila Rogue Black 85X 
Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1X 2021

Played 2 rounds and range sessions. Feel is unbeatable, best carbon head I ever tried. On the course it was very inconsistent. Rarely on par with SIM but mostly shorter, by a lot, when I could swear I nutted. 

• Like 1

TM SIM 8 Fuji Motore Speeder V 661X

Titleist TS2 13.5 Diamana BF 70X

Ping G 17.5 Proforce V2 70X

Titleist '21 T100 3-PW X100

Vokey SM7 50F/ 56F X100

EVNROLL ER2 Black

On 5/11/2021 at 9:15 AM, mookio said:

Currently gaming sim2 max, but think it launches too high for me. getting on the quad this week so will be able to confirm. if its the case will be making the switch to sim2 most likely 

I'm starting to think the same about my SIM2 Max.  I was fit for it indoors about 3 weeks ago on GC Quad for a 10.5* turned down to 8.5* (to help with the lefts).  But now that I've had it out on the course, it seems like I'm getting really high flights and the ball is getting knocked around in the wind.  I don't remember what peak heights were from the fitting but launch angle was good.

Maybe I need to go back and try the 9* turned down and see what happens.

“I’m just here to hit bombs and make bogeys.”

TM SIM2 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 4h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-G, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 54 WS, 58 ES

Ping Sigma G Tyne H

TM TP5

20 hours ago, Flip4000 said:

This does not make me feel good about my warranty repair. I am going on about 2 months 

Found out today it has not even been looked at yet. Due to it going back to taylormade Canada in Ontario and they have been locked down forever 

Taylormade Sim2 (set at 8.25*)Fuji ventus black 6x

Mizuno STZ 3w 14* atmos black 6x

Srixon zx 3 iron recoil 95x 
Srixon z945 4-PW PX6.5 
Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 s400 TI
Oddessey 7CS Tour 

I felt like I was spinning the ball too much off my Sim2 Max 9* driver (but loved the sound and feel), so I went back to Edwin Watts to check it out on the launch monitor. After hitting shots with several shafts, we agreed on the need to find a lower spin head and ultimately settled on an 8.0 Sim2 (adjusted to 8.75). Once I got comfortable with it, my swing speed jumped up and I picked up almost 30 yards on average as my launch angle was ore consistent (around 15 degrees) and spin dropped 2,000 rpm from 4,500-4,750 on average. I can't wait to hit the course on Friday.

Taylormade SIM2 8.0° - Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6-R

TaylorMade M5 15° Project X HZRDUS Red 75 5.5
Srixon ZX 16° KBS Tour Prototype 85 R
Callaway Big Bertha 25° KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
TaylorMade 2017 M1 5-AW Nippon NS Pro 950GH S
Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
Sub 70 Sycamore 002 Mid-Mallet 35"
Titleist Pro V1x
Arccos Gen 3 sensors

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I'm starting to think the same about my SIM2 Max.  I was fit for it indoors about 3 weeks ago on GC Quad for a 10.5* turned down to 8.5* (to help with the lefts).  But now that I've had it out on the course, it seems like I'm getting really high flights and the ball is getting knocked around in the wind.  I don't remember what peak heights were from the fitting but launch angle was good.

Maybe I need to go back and try the 9* turned down and see what happens.

Absolutely identical for me. 9 degree. high launch and looks like it has no spin and just dies. Hit on quad today and spin numbers looked fine. Playing the stock shaft though just waiting for my ventus blue velocore to come in so hoping that helps a little with launch.

Swung the regular Sim2 yesterday at my local place.  Spin was all over the place and inconsistent overall, he finally said this club was meant for you.  He wasn't impressed with this years line based off of what he's seen so far compared to last years Sim.  He put a TSI3 in my hand and boom instantly better for me.

Driver: Titleist TSI3 10 Deg - Tensei AV Raw White 65

Fairway Wood: Titliest TSI2 15 Deg - Tensei AV Raw Blue 65
Hybrid: Titleist TSI2 18 Deg - Tensei AV Raw Blue Hybrid 65
Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 4-AW
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Wedges 56/60

Putter: Mizuno M Craft IV White Satin / Taylormade Spider X

Ball: MTB Black (Testing others in progress) 

On 5/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, phizzy30 said:

You got a dud then.  Naw, I'm just messing with you.  Mine is 8* as well.  Mine sits very square to the eye and I have it set it on the open/loft down setting to decrease the chances I hook it into somebody's backyard. 

Doesnt the M5 Tour sit slightly open relative to other drivers?  If so, a "normal" set up would look closed....

3 minutes ago, j.b.newton said:

Doesnt the M5 Tour sit slightly open relative to other drivers?  If so, a "normal" set up would look closed....

Yes the M5 tour is supposed to.  I do apologize.  I reread my post and realized I worded it wrong.  I meant it looks square at standard setting.  Playing it in the open setting makes it looks just a hair open. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana PD 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

I ended up going with a Sim2 10.5 turned down to 8.5 playing at 45.25". Have a PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60TX tipped 1/2" in it and added 5g of hotmelt. The adapter adjustment knocked some spin off and keeps the left out of play. In neutral, it looked slightly closed to my eye, so turning it down 2* actually makes it look just a hair open. Haven't tried to turn one over with it, but not a shot I ever really had on command in bag with any driver. Basically aim down the left side all day and can go after it without any fear of any fear of it going left. Between that and the forgiveness factor, I don't find myself guiding anything. Never had the original SIM to compare distance to, but this thing flies long and gets the roll. 

I do have the TSI3 9* turned down with the same shaft. I think it might be a tad longer but don't feel as confident with it. I imagine I migh fool around with it and make sure I'm not leaving a significant amount of yards on the table. But for me, the feel of the SIM2 is more solid especially on mishits. I know TXG just did their Build a Beast between these two, and the results were extremely close. 

SIM2 8.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60TX
SIM2 13.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX
Titleist u500 18* with Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX&7 3-PW with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM7 52S with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM7 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5

Titleist ProV1

I've tried the SIM for a few rounds and while it's about 10 yards longer than my Ping gamer the accuracy is not as good.  I hit some wide rights with the SIM that I never hit with the PIng.   Had the same issue with the M5 as well.  Maybe it's that twist face stuff?

Ping G400 MAX 9 Fuji 7.2 Tour Spec Stiff
PING G425 17.5 Tour 75 Stiff
PING G410 20.5 7 Wood Tour 75 Stiff

PING G425 23.5 9 Wood Tour 75 Stiff
PING IBlade 5-PW DGS300 Stiff
Ping Glide 50 54 56

Ping Anser

Last year I bought a SIM and a SIM max head and used the same shaft that I have in my M4, Tensi blue ck 60.   Honestly the M4 was a better head for me with that shaft so I sold the 2 SIMs.  This year I'm experimenting with an autoflex 505 shaft and I wasn't thrilled with the M4 in it and picked up a SIM2 head.  The combination is money for me.  I have not tried the SIM2 with the tensi shaft cause I'm scared to mess with what's working so I don't have a direct comparison SIM vs SIM2.  

SIM2 Autoflex 505
Epic 15*
Sub70 3 hybrid
Sub70 5 hybrid or Mavrik 7 wood

Apex 21 irons  5-gap 
54* SM8
Sub70 JB low bounce 58*
PXG Operator H

Picked up a SIM2 Max and an AD IZ 6x. Going to the range today to test it among the other new additions to the bag. I'm curious on how the ball flight will be compared to the SIM with Diamana LTD 60x I used last season. I had that head cranked to about 10.5 or 10.75 ish I can't remember. I also had the weight moved toward the toe as well and I was really able to go after it and control the ball well with that set up. I'm intrigued to give the SIM2 Max with IZ a shot today...literally.

Titleist TSI3 9* - Tour AD DI 6x - Titleist TSI2 16.5* - Tour AD DI 7x- Titleist 910H 21* - Diamana Kai’li 85x

Titleist T100 4-PW - Modus 120x - Titleist Vokey SM8 52/F, 58/M - Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

For the first few hits, I'm glad I sold the SIM and waited the 8 weeks for the new one. I like the looks, footprint, and sound a lot better than the OG. Even the RDX Black felt really nice and even pretty soft for its weight and flex. 

I was hitting limited flight balls into a wind and my swing has sucked lately, so I will be testing the forgiveness of the head all weekend. 

SIM2 9*, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 

Flash SZ 17°, VTS Silver 8x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, PX 6.5
SM7 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

Do you have experience in reducing the backweight on the Sim2 Max and adding more to the front? I ordered the 9 degree max with Rogue silver 110 60x. Having a little bit of cut even with upright 1 click closed and looking to help to turn it over more easily.

Numbers were solid on good ones, 12 launch 165 ball, 2200 spin. Cutty ones spin a bit more which I’m looking to get rid off.

I read the front weight is about 4 grams and backweight is 24. What kind of weight change would be needed to have any effect? 8+20 would do the trick? How much the spin would drop for same delivered face angle?

I’m looking for a ball park figures on the weights just to get them ordered since it will take a few weeks to get them. 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, OutPerform said:

Do you have experience in reducing the backweight on the Sim2 Max and adding more to the front? I ordered the 9 degree max with Rogue silver 110 60x. Having a little bit of cut even with upright 1 click closed and looking to help to turn it over more easily.

Numbers were solid on good ones, 12 launch 165 ball, 2200 spin. Cutty ones spin a bit more which I’m looking to get rid off.

I read the front weight is about 4 grams and backweight is 24. What kind of weight change would be needed to have any effect? 8+20 would do the trick? How much the spin would drop for same delivered face angle?

I’m looking for a ball park figures on the weights just to get them ordered since it will take a few weeks to get them. 

Thanks!

I would go the route you noted...8g front and 20g back. That head is draw biased already. I wouldn't overdo the change.

• Thanks 1

My fitting went great a few months back when I went with the Sim2Max 9 degree turned down 1 click. was seeing better dispersion and similar distances with a piercing flight.

Now that I'm out on the course i can barely get the ball off the tee. *yikes* - here's to hoping i figure it out soon...

Dr - Sim2Max - 9* - Ventus Velo Black 6x @ 45in

5w - Sim2Ti - 19* @ 17.5* - Tensei AV Raw Blue FW 75 @ 42.25in

2 UDI - P790 - PX 6.5

4-AW - P790 - PX 6.5

56 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

60 - MG2 TW - PX 6.0

Putter - Spider X Navy - Single Bend @ 34in

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

What was the selling point?

There wasn't one...lol.

Cracked my sim so I was getting a sim2 via warranty replacement, regardless. I was able to buy and receive a sim 9 head via bst here in just a few days so I was able to compare head to head. 

Sim2 could still make it in the bag. I have a 6g front weight and 22g backweight coming Saturday. So I'll have what would likely be my setup ready for more testing.

I can already sense some potential sim2 issues:

If increasing sim2 backweight does the same as sim then I may not have the right head. Sim2 has to be 9* or less on loft to maintain the right spin windows. If increasing the backweight makes the driver more fade biased then I may need the 8* head lofted up. I leave driver face open to path more than 1.5 degrees about 65% of the time. Rarely more than 3 degrees. I have sim setup 1 notch closed and super fade biased. This allows me to always impart fade spin unless I'm super closed to path (which rarely happens and doesn't deserve to be hit well). So, opening the face may not be for me. Closing the face on the 9* head would produce too much spin. However, sim2 sits closed to me, so closing the face may not even be a suitable option on an 8* head. 

Hopefully having 22g backweight really keeps horizontal gear effect in check and I don't that hard right miss that came from early sim testing last year where open face to path combined with high fade bias CoG produced ugliness.

Just seeing why I really prefer moveable weight tech. I could keep playing with front and rear weight configs but I'd have to buy 3 or 4 weights sets since I need an additional 8g of weight to get swingweight up to d3. 

If you asked me now, what will happen with sim2...I'd say it'll be on bst in a few weeks. But I am open to it winning out. It's a great looking head. 

But I know what sim does. And I like it. 

Edited by getitdaily

2 hours ago, getitdaily said:

There wasn't one...lol.

Cracked my sim so I was getting a sim2 via warranty replacement, regardless. I was able to buy and receive a sim 9 head via bst here in just a few days so I was able to compare head to head. 

Sim2 could still make it in the bag. I have a 6g front weight and 22g backweight coming Saturday. So I'll have what would likely be my setup ready for more testing.

I can already sense some potential sim2 issues:

If increasing sim2 backweight does the same as sim then I may not have the right head. Sim2 has to be 9* or less on loft to maintain the right spin windows. If increasing the backweight makes the driver more fade biased then I may need the 8* head lofted up. I leave driver face open to path more than 1.5 degrees about 65% of the time. Rarely more than 3 degrees. I have sim setup 1 notch closed and super fade biased. This allows me to always impart fade spin unless I'm super closed to path (which rarely happens and doesn't deserve to be hit well). So, opening the face may not be for me. Closing the face on the 9* head would produce too much spin. However, sim2 sits closed to me, so closing the face may not even be a suitable option on an 8* head. 

Hopefully having 22g backweight really keeps horizontal gear effect in check and I don't that hard right miss that came from early sim testing last year where open face to path combined with high fade bias CoG produced ugliness.

Just seeing why I really prefer moveable weight tech. I could keep playing with front and rear weight configs but I'd have to buy 3 or 4 weights sets since I need an additional 8g of weight to get swingweight up to d3. 

If you asked me now, what will happen with sim2...I'd say it'll be on bst in a few weeks. But I am open to it winning out. It's a great looking head. 

But I know what sim does. And I like it. 

I remember the details from last year of you getting SIM dialed in to play your stock/reliable shot.....that's why ,after seeing this, I asked the selling point....sorry to hear about SIM cracking......kinda suks to get dialed in....... good luck with everything though!

2 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

I remember the details from last year of you getting SIM dialed in to play your stock/reliable shot.....that's why ,after seeing this, I asked the selling point....sorry to hear about SIM cracking......kinda suks to get dialed in....... good luck with everything though!

Thanks man. I got sim dialed in twice last year...after I bought it and then after tournament season when I moved to a heavier backweight. 

Having played the replacement sim yet. Hopefully it performs the same. It appears to show more loft at address than the one I cracked. 

Will know more after I play Saturday. 

1 minute ago, getitdaily said:

Thanks man. I got sim dialed in twice last year...after I bought it and then after tournament season when I moved to a heavier backweight. 

Having played the replacement sim yet. Hopefully it performs the same. It appears to show more loft at address than the one I cracked. 

Will know more after I play Saturday. 

Keep us posted!

• Like 1

Playing the m5 and hitting it very well.  Not the longest in the world but very straight and consistent for me.   I  tried the sim last year through the middle part and did not like the look (seemed to be a shallower face and overall smaller look at address).  I did not feel as consistent with it.  Funny thing is I loved the sim ti fairway wood, just could not get used to the driver.  This years sim2 looks to be back to the m5 size and shape and even crown color.   Anyone else notice the resemblance to the m5 at address?  Interested to give sim2 a shot.  Not having weight adjustability doesn't bother me since i always kept it neutral anyways.  

Taylormade Sim2 9* - Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XT
Taylormade SIM 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD BB
Taylormade SIM Rescue 19* - Mitsubishi Tensei White 90tx

Taylormade SIM Rescue 22* - Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 90tx
Callaway Apex Pro '21 (4i - 5i),  '19 (6i - PW) - KBS C Taper
Vokey SM8 51F/56D/60L - Dynamic Gold
Taylormade Spider Blade 12 Tour 

Srixon Z-Star XV

Currently playing OG SIM in a 9’ head one click higher at 9.75’

Undecided whether to go 9’ SIM2 or 10.5’ turned down (bad shot is left)

I’ve got the 9’ head at standard and liked it but haven’t hit SIM2 Max against it yet

I get 25% off at a certain retailer but don’t trust their fitters at all....other places are full retail even though I trust them more

Ping G410 LST 9' Tour 65 Stiff
Callaway Epic Flash SZ #3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
Taylormade P790 #3 C-Taper 120 Stiff
Taylormade P770 4-5 C-Taper 120 Stiff
Taylormade P750 6-PW C-Taper 120 Stiff
Nike Engage 52' Square
Nike Engage 56' Square
Nike Engage 58' Dual Sole
Nike Engage 60' Toe Sweep
Taylormade Spider X Copper
Ping Anser Nickel
Ping DLX Cart / 4 Series White Tour Carry Bag