Anti left driver shaft

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.pga.com/coach    

As far as anti-left/right bias goes - yes.  It's completely subjective. I'm here anytime he wants to contact me.       Wow, that's about the biggest jump to the wrong conclusions

Heavier and lower torque work.  Also, very tip stiff shafts work as well, for me anyways.  Ventus Black is sub 3.0 torque and so are the RIP X, AV white proto 2.0, Hulk green TX when you get into the

Posted Images

Ever thought of going down a flex (one that is more flexible)?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

Agree with @Tasals that going heavier may help with this.

I'm still gaming an OG Diamana 'ahina b/c its the most stable shaft I've hit, and least likely to miss left.  That being said, my default shot is a draw and if I don't get my hips open during the downswing, no shaft will prevent the ball from turning over.

Some shafts that might work: Diamana D+ Ltd, Diamana DF, Tensei Pro White, Kuro Kage XT/XD, Ventus Black, HZRDUS Smoke Green, HZRDUS T1100.  

Graphite Design BB, GP and XC are the most stable out of that lineup I believe. I have a GP in 6X, and it feels great, but it turns over more than the 'ahina I still game.  

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 10.5*: Graphite Design XC 7X

Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 16.5*:  Modus3 120X

Titleist TS2 18* Diamana ZF 70TX

Titleist 818H2 19* (set @ 20*) Tensei Pro White 90X

Grindworks PR-202 Modus3 120X

Mizuno S18 50* Modus3 120S

Mizuno S18 54* DG TI S400

Yururi Gekku Raw 58* Modus3 125 Wedge

Project X 6A4

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Project X 7.0 6A4

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x + G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KuroKage Slvr 80x + 5h 26* Fubuki AX400 82x

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW PX Catalyst 100 6.5 (SS 1 X)
Vokey TVD M 51* & TVD M 57* Oil DG TI s400 

Vokey SM2 Oil Finish 63* DG TI s400 

Scotty GoLo 7 (35g weights)

Posted (edited)

Heavier and lower torque work.  Also, very tip stiff shafts work as well, for me anyways.  Ventus Black is sub 3.0 torque and so are the RIP X, AV white proto 2.0, Hulk green TX when you get into the 70+gram territory.  Those are all very anti-left shafts btw.  It's also harder to turn the ball over with a higher cpm shaft which means either X flex or even TX flex for you plus tipping.  It's a double edged sword though.  A shaft that is too stiff for you will be almost impossible to turn over hence on dogleg left holes it will put you in a bind. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 4

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

Any of the Hzrdus black series have been quite anti-left for me. I thought the original was better than the smoke, but all of them are pretty similar. 

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* @8, Diamana BF 60
Titleist TS3 15*, EvenFlow White T1100 75
Titleist TS2 HY 19* @18, EvenFlow White 90
Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
Mizuno MP59 4-6 PX
Mizuno MP69 7-P PX
Miura New Wedge 51* PX
Joe Kwok 57* DG 115 Tour Issue
Scotty Studio Select NP2 2008 33"

ProV1x

1 hour ago, hagimihale said:

I'm still gaming an OG Diamana 'ahina b/c its the most stable shaft I've hit, and least likely to miss left.  That being said, my default shot is a draw and if I don't get my hips open during the downswing, no shaft will prevent the ball from turning over.

Some shafts that might work: Diamana D+ Ltd, Diamana DF, Tensei Pro White, Kuro Kage XT/XD, Ventus Black, HZRDUS Smoke Green, HZRDUS T1100.  

Graphite Design BB, GP and XC are the most stable out of that lineup I believe. I have a GP in 6X, and it feels great, but it turns over more than the 'ahina I still game.  

Have you played all of these? I'm looking for opinions on the feeling and stoutness between them. Thanks

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, TiScape said:

This is a pretty cool chart from GD. Help you pick the bend profile that is best suited to a certain shot shape/trajectory. Xander plays the BB. An anti-left shaft according to their chart. 

84727B4B-8108-4F63-AB46-CBDCC840699C.jpeg

Yeah I saw that chart awhile back and it's spot on.  Out of all those shafts listed the only ones I have not tested are the PT, MT and MJ.  The M9003 is extremely stiff and one of the lowest launching shafts on the market.  Very stable but you better bring it.  XC is such a good low/low  shaft when I tested it last year.  Very stable and while having tons of feel.  Not boardy at all.  Honestly out of all the shafts listed, my favorite is the TP.  It's so good that my 2 cousins have the 6s in their set up.  My + cap buddy has the GP in his Srixon driver and swears by it.  I didn't care for the DJ or BB but the ones I have tested were decent to excellent. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

6 hours ago, Tasals said:

Ive found heavier and lower torque shafts go less left for me. Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X is what im using currently and I can still hook it but its greatly calmed down my left miss. Before that it was a 75g 6.5 Hazrdus Black. The ventus black is apparently anti-left as well.

The pro 2.0 tour spec 7x is quite hefty but I would be prepared to give anything a go to try and take out the left side of the course.

5 hours ago, hagimihale said:

I have a Diamana w series 60x which is 67g but not as stable as the ahina. Heard good things about the kuro kage you mentioned. Had a BB a few years ago and rated it very highly but stupidity sold it in the driver I was moving on. 

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Heavier and lower torque work.  Also, very tip stiff shafts work as well, for me anyways.  Ventus Black is sub 3.0 torque and so are the RIP X, AV white proto 2.0, Hulk green TX when you get into the 70+gram territory.  Those are all very anti-left shafts btw.  It's also harder to turn the ball over with a higher cpm shaft which means either X flex or even TX flex for you plus tipping.  It's a double edged sword though.  A shaft that is too stiff for you will be almost impossible to turn over hence on dogleg left holes it will put you in a bind. 

I've heard the Hulk is extremely hard work and that's coming from guys with more speed than me. Thanks, will look into your suggestions.

4 hours ago, eagle2838 said:

Any of the Hzrdus black series have been quite anti-left for me. I thought the original was better than the smoke, but all of them are pretty similar. 

Thanks, will look into the black. Almost bought a handcrafted yellow but thankfully looked into first and realised it wouldn't really work for me.

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

This is a pretty cool chart from GD. Help you pick the bend profile that is best suited to a certain shot shape/trajectory. Xander plays the BB. An anti-left shaft according to their chart. 

84727B4B-8108-4F63-AB46-CBDCC840699C.jpeg

Thanks for this, very valuable info👍🏼

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AP76 said:

I've heard the Hulk is extremely hard work and that's coming from guys with more speed than me. Thanks, will look into your suggestions.

Yes, it's difficult to load properly.  It works best with players that have hard and fast transitions.  Higher ss required as well.  It was a beast of a shaft even for me.  Tony Finau and Cam Champ come to mind that play the Hulk and those 2 absolutely murder the ball. 

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

5 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

I would second this, except I use the pro white, not the AV.  But I think they produce similar flights.  

I've tested both recently.  They're both low/low shafts but the proto 2.0 seems to be more stable for me.  I can still turn the ball over with the proto 2.0, but it takes more effort. 

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AP76 said:

The pro 2.0 tour spec 7x is quite hefty but I would be prepared to give anything a go to try and take out the left side of the course.

yeah, it plays almost 80g in that set up, 79g i think is stock. I dropped a 10.5 degree M1 head down to 9, and my shot shape is a small draw to straight, miss can still be a hook but its calmed down significantly, I now have a predominant slight straight-block miss  which is completely playable and its an easy miss that im completely fine with.

This season I was planning on getting fit for potentially a Rad Speed with a Ventus Black. Both are supposed to be anti-left with the rad speed being heavily fade biased and good from the toe, which my strikes are pretty middle to high toe. Was interested in the 6X there as I can find myself with the heavier shaft sometimes getting into issues if my swing is off. But between work, golf and fitters being closed I havent/(cant) gotten around to it. With the Ventus being slightly more tip and butt stiff than the Pro 2.0, but having a slight softer mid section its kept me from ordering a set up online. If I can find a deal on a Pro 2.0 TS 6X id probably give that a try. Its a tough balance im trying to achieve, I would rate myself a very good driver of the golf ball its a major strength in my game (putting is beyond atrocious). Im tempted to maybe pick up a Tensei Pro White 7x as well, it was one of the shafts I was fit into at my last big fitting a few years ago but it was the first year it was on the market and nearly 550 dollars at the time, the hazardus black was significantly cheaper and I only gave up 5 yards of carry, so I chose to save the money.

Edited by Tasals
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, AP76 said:

I have a Diamana w series 60x which is 67g but not as stable as the ahina. Heard good things about the kuro kage you mentioned. Had a BB a few years ago and rated it very highly but stupidity sold it in the driver I was moving on. 

The W and Ahina are quite different, but there are a lot of shafts that won't turn over as much as a W 60. Too many to list honestly. Just from shafts I would imagine are widely available;

Any Hzrdus or EF T1100

Rogue Silver/Tour Green

Atmos Blue or Black

Any Fuji Tour Spec

Any Ventus

KK DC, XT, XD

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AP76 said:

What would be your reasoning for that?

Oops.  I guess I meant going up a flex (more stiffer).  If the OP's shaft is the stiffest he has in that make and model, consider a different brand of shaft.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."