Does Brendan finally get it right?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, he works them to create social media content.

Jumping from instructor to instructor is probably why he is not any better. 

Is it okay if I hate him personally? Like, can I respect what he's trying to do but also hope that he individually gets hit by a bus, LOL?    I'm not against making a living with YouTube but

Hand path is a plane, or an irregular shifting plane with variables. One thing it is not, is a line.

Most people who try to manipulate their hand path and backswing are headed for the weeds. It's all pre-determined for you by your set up and how you hold the club. Then the hands go where they go and that's it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Soloman1 said:

Hand path is a plane, or an irregular shifting plane with variables. One thing it is not, is a line.

Most people who try to manipulate their hand path and backswing are headed for the weeds. It's all pre-determined for you by your set up and how you hold the club. Then the hands go where they go and that's it.

I would say that if you don't manipulate it you are headed for the weeds. It has been my experience that most people will naturally pull their hands too much in and turn too flat. I don't think that there is anything natural about the back swing. It is definitely a learned motion apart maybe for a few naturally talented outliers.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, MelloYello said:

Am I supposed to know who this person is, LOL? 

Sounds like a total rando to me.

He has a YouTube Channel called Be Better Golf. Many people on the Forum are familiar with it. He has been working together with a number of top instructors including Monte.

15 minutes ago, Golfbeat said:

He has a YouTube Channel called Be Better Golf. Many people on the Forum are familiar with it. He has been working together with a number of top instructors including Monte.

Are you this person? 

SIM Dr (10.5o) (Tensei Pro Orange 60TX)
SIM 3w (17o) (Tensei Pro White 60TX)

M6 7w (21o) (Diamana Blue 70S)

z785 (4-Pw) (Modus3 Tour120)
SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
Newport 2 Select

10 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

Actually, he works them to create social media content.

This. I don’t get the Brendan hate. Guy puts himself out there and the content is fine. Would be a shame if he deleted all those videos and closed up shop or something. I’d rather see him bouncing from instructor to instructor than a pro hawking “EFFORTLESS SWING YOU NEED THIS” for the millionth time.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rondo01 said:

This. I don’t get the Brendan hate. Guy puts himself out there and the content is fine. Would be a shame if he deleted all those videos and closed up shop or something. I’d rather see him bouncing from instructor to instructor than a pro hawking “EFFORTLESS SWING YOU NEED THIS” for the millionth time.

I don't hate him at all.

Edited by Soloman1
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

I don't hate him at all. But it is not an altruistic endeavor. Have you ever met him?

no, I haven’t and don’t really care to. And I’m not saying you are hating on him - I just don’t mind him as a content creator, and don’t expect his channel to be altruistic. 

Edited by rondo01
1 minute ago, rondo01 said:

no, I haven’t and don’t really care to. And I’m not saying you are hating on him - I just don’t mind him as a content creator. 

I would say the way in which Branden creates content is largely in direct conflict with the moniker of the show "be better golf".  Do you think he has actually gotten any better? Better enough to actually help other golfers?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

I would say the way in which Branden creates content is largely in direct conflict with the moniker of the show "be better golf".  Do you think he has actually gotten any better? Better enough to actually help other golfers?

I have nothing against the guy and do find some of his videos informative, but I always ask myself how he is not better given how many quality instructors he is working with and how much golf he plays. That may just be part of his schtick to make more content, but I'd like to think any semi-athletic person could get to scratch with years of lessons and effort. Based on the intro to that video, he's a 5 at best, which I find a bit surprising. 

1 hour ago, Soloman1 said:

I don't think you fully understand the depth of what I said.

No backswing position or movement needs to be changed. Only the setup and how they hold club. I'm not going to say it over and over. Think about it more deeply.

But, you're not alone. A lot of people don't understand what I say.

Maybe you can do a better job explaining it when so many people don't understand you.

2 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

Hahahahahahaha

quality wumming

1 hour ago, dvq9654 said:

I have nothing against the guy and do find some of his videos informative, but I always ask myself how he is not better given how many quality instructors he is working with and how much golf he plays. That may just be part of his schtick to make more content, but I'd like to think any semi-athletic person could get to scratch with years of lessons and effort. Based on the intro to that video, he's a 5 at best, which I find a bit surprising. 

I don’t think it’s a schtick, but I also don’t really care if he gets better. Him as a perpetual 5 handicap is perfect for me consuming his content. 

• Like 1

I really enjoy Brendan's content. I also don't understand why anyone would hate the guy. It seems to be a pretty clever little gig he's got going. He presumably approaches coaches who'd normally charge X amount of dollars and in exchange for free instruction and/or a commission on any sales he puts these coaches and their own products in front of nearly 100,000 subscribers. All the while we the viewer get some decent and free information along the way. 

Just now, Soloman1 said:

You know what? I'm not going to do this. Y'all can just live within your world of limited knowledge with no fact-based, objective data as evidence.

Stay in your world, where golf consists of nonsensical platitudes and things like, "Don't do this, do that until it feels, juuuust right.

Cheers and have fun.

But you haven't given any fact-based, objective data as evidence! You only said: set up correctly and hold the club correctly and all will be fine.

42 minutes ago, MelloYello said:

Is it okay if I hate him personally? Like, can I respect what he's trying to do but also hope that he individually gets hit by a bus, LOL? 

I'm not against making a living with YouTube but in a world where some creators are just amazing people, this troll seems very much like a narcissistic tool; a little bit of ego mixed in with frat bro DB-ery. The phrase "punchable face" seems apropos. 

90k subs is impressive, but he seems like an airhead moron to me. I couldn't listen to this guy ramble on for more than 2 minutes and even then his channel seems tragically limited by his horrible personality. 

Oh well, you asked!

I wouldn't go that far, but I can see how someone might feel this way.  The way he was talking to Drew Cooper on some of his recent videos showed hints of this side of him that you dislike, IMO.  And Drew seems like a super chill, good guy (really enjoying his IG content).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

1. No one said it was easy.

2. You can't hear a good idea if you're not listening.

3. “The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.”  Robert M. Pirsig

Have you been hanging out with Zitlow?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Golfbeat said:

According to me, this is the first time that Brendan really gets it right. 

No! Unfortunately not because he has reached his limit on how good he’s going to get..that’s just the hard truth. There have been people that have been far more successful at golf than Brendon with worse golf swings. I think he knows that as well and the reason he never stays with someone or some methodology for a long time. He really believes he is very close to reaching his potential when he finds the one magical flaw that makes everything right..that’s just not how it works unfortunately. 

I feel for the guy because I see a lot of same thinking in myself and others that I have played with.  No teacher or swing model can overcome LOFT...that’s why there’s never been a 10 handicap golfer that’s been actively been playing for years all of a sudden find IT and get on the pga tour.