Jordan Spieth switches to newest Titleist Pro V1 x - 2021 AT&T Bryon Nelson

16 minutes ago, DON SVO said:

I agree! I’m a bit of a hoarder myself...

46149D53-6837-4586-9DAF-B5E02D1ED995.jpeg

Yep. Wish I had a stash of them.  Took me a long time to get used to a different ball off putter. That ball has a unique feel.  Spins great and somehow doesn’t with driver. 

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

6 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Nah, not looking for a fight with these clowns that have nothing better to do then argue here.

The 2021 Prov1x ball is severely defected and that's why I posted originally, look up that account he did very extensive testing and sped a lot of time and money to properly uncover the massive flaws in the product. IMO these are bigger defects then in the Chromesoft a few years back.

Seems like Taylormade has done a proper job on the premium balls  this season, might try it this summer.

If you’re not looking to fight with people you can start by not calling them clowns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, toddyc said:

If you’re not looking to fight with people you can start by not calling them clowns

So Bladehunter attacking me for writing "ima" is not clowning in your opinion? I was on topic about the POS ball here in question..

clown GIF by Team Coco

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

On 5/18/2021 at 8:15 AM, MMB1500 said:

Link to supporting evidence? I'll wait.

I'm not arguing on anyone's side or agreeing with approaches taken here, but he already posted it. Check out golf_ball_guts on Instagram. There might be something to the claim that there's a problem with this ball. Guy cut a large number of balls and found a huge percentage of the balls had issues with off center cores and mantles. 

• Like 2

I have seen this dudes "Insta" page and it also has me concerned... What has me even MORE concerned is that the "other site" seemed to have a need to review this ball almost the same week after this "Insta" duded original post. They were stating that the V1X had almost zero issues with it. The timing was interesting to me as well as the cut balls as I am not sure how you could "dispute" the "Insta" dudes findings? All I know is I played 1 round with V1X "yellow" ball and it was just as hard as the left dash IMO. I think it could have been that the "yellow" balls just feel different than the white ones though? I am sticking with the BX ball this year...

• Like 2

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

3 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

So Bladehunter attacking me for writing "ima" is not clowning in your opinion? I was on topic about the POS ball here in question..

clown GIF by Team Coco

“Attacking”

haha this isn’t twitter

he just thought your plan of throwing expensive balls in the water was dumb. 

But I’m not denying the truth to the lacking quality of those balls. Hopefully they sorted any problems out 

5 hours ago, DannyNoonin said:

I'm not arguing on anyone's side or agreeing with approaches taken here, but he already posted it. Check out golf_ball_guts on Instagram. There might be something to the claim that there's a problem with this ball. Guy cut a large number of balls and found a huge percentage of the balls had issues with off center cores and mantles. 

Fair enough. I don't have any skin in the game either. I'm not a Titleist shareholder and I don't play their balls, which I think are overpriced. However, another well known golf site did a similar QC test on the ProV and it came out top of the class. Who to believe?

One possible conclusion is that even within Titleist's own factory there is still a lot of potential variance in quality between batches of the same ball. Whether you get a "good" or "bad" batch could still be a lot to do with blind luck. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MMB1500 said:

Fair enough. I don't have any skin in the game either. I'm not a Titleist shareholder and I don't play their balls, which I think are overpriced. However, another well known golf site did a similar QC test on the ProV and it came out top of the class. Who to believe?

One possible conclusion is that even within Titleist's own factory there is still a lot of potential variance in quality between batches of the same ball. Whether you get a "good" or "bad" batch could still be a lot to do with blind luck. 

Golf ball guts guy cut balls from a few different ball plants and had similar results from the different plants. Since he bought all the balls in Canada, he's wondering if they're dumping bad balls up there. So now he is having people from the states send him balls to cut and see. IMO the other site isn't very trustworthy and I find the timing of their test suspect as mentioned above. Oh and I play ProV1 and don't really care either way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyNoonin said:

Golf ball guts guy cut balls from a few different ball plants and had similar results from the different plants. Since he bought all the balls in Canada, he's wondering if they're dumping bad balls up there. So now he is having people from the states send him balls to cut and see. IMO the other site isn't very trustworthy and I find the timing of their test suspect as mentioned above. Oh and I play ProV1 and don't really care either way. 

His videos are very interesting I must admit. It's hard to argue with the visual evidence.

Whether it bothers you or not is your choice of course, but if I was getting hosed for $52 USD / $65 CAD per dozen and the QC was as bad as those videos indicate, I'd be livid, especially as Titleist have done more than pretty much any other company, to drive up the price of golf equipment. 

On 5/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, MMB1500 said:

However, another well known golf site did a similar QC test on the ProV and it came out top of the class. Who to believe?

If you have bothered to study the case that you are talking about, the problem in not in the ProV1, it's in the ProV1x that this topic is about Jordan switching to. And if you are referring to My Golf Spy, they actually started blocking followers on social media channels for asking them to look into the problem discovered by GolfballGuts, so it's pretty obvious something fishy is going on in the website that prides itself in not taking any money/influence from major golf manufacturers, but have nobody to actually police that claim. Just words.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:41 AM, 1putt2win2 said:

unless his 2015X had the 2017X black arrows, he was not playing the 15's...I've seen in person and on TV when his ball hung on the lip at this years API tourney. solid black arrows like the left dash but without the dash. 

For tour players they paint the new lineup logo on them to show like they playing the new version when they are actually not, that is OK IMO because they are the main advertisement for the product and every new release can't fit every player. These guys have launch windows and spin windows down to some exact science. 

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

• 5 weeks later...

I swear I was watching the telecast yesterday, and it zoomed in on Speith’s ball as it stopped rolling. It looked like it had a black number on it indicating that it is the regular Pro V1 instead of the x. I did a rewind and watched it again to be sure.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

On 6/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, Carson33 said:

I swear I was watching the telecast yesterday, and it zoomed in on Speith’s ball as it stopped rolling. It looked like it had a black number on it indicating that it is the regular Pro V1 instead of the x. I did a rewind and watched it again to be sure.

Has anyone else noticed this?

You did not imagine this. I saw it too.

• Like 1

TSi3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty Special Select Newport 2