Ontario Golf

BallerNate

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

I really hope we don't get another golf shut down, mentally I can't take it if I can't do anything when it's warm and sunny outside.

I also haven't heard anything in terms of membership for the 2 clubs I'm waiting to hear back from so not sure if it's too early or I didn't get selected. 

But doogies friends can't play without having a few pops in the parking lot...  So you know you are screwed with that moron in charge...

• Like 1

A Revolving Door

15 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I really hope we don't get another golf shut down, mentally I can't take it if I can't do anything when it's warm and sunny outside.

I also haven't heard anything in terms of membership for the 2 clubs I'm waiting to hear back from so not sure if it's too early or I didn't get selected. 

Agreed, the Golf Lockdown was absolutely brutal. So much tougher than the other Lockdowns, especially since there was no data to support it and just made no common sense. Praying it doesn’t happen again for sure!! 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Good luck on the memberships man. You were saying those are for Private Clubs with waiting lists?

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

14 hours ago, PEI_Golfer said:

But doogies friends can't play without having a few pops in the parking lot...  So you know you are screwed with that moron in charge...

Yeah, it’s absolutely ludicrous! Just hoping there’s a common sense approach taken this season, but that’s asking for a lot from him and his cronies for sure. 😬🙄

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

24 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, it’s absolutely ludicrous! Just hoping there’s a common sense approach taken this season, but that’s asking for a lot from him and his cronies for sure. 😬🙄

There has been nothing 'common sense' about anything he's done in 3 years...  Only saving grace could be that if projections are that we've 'peaked' around now, that there is still another 2 months before you guys really start to feel it as you can usually find a place in late March that is open, but you've also gotten more snow so far this year than in past.

You can always move East after he gets in again because Dullard Duca is such a bad choice as well...

A Revolving Door

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

Agreed, the Golf Lockdown was absolutely brutal. So much tougher than the other Lockdowns, especially since there was no data to support it and just made no common sense. Praying it doesn’t happen again for sure!! 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Good luck on the memberships man. You were saying those are for Private Clubs with waiting lists?

Yeah that was hard and I was kinda pissed because I had such a solid year for such a short season with literally no practice. 

The membership is for a private club, the public courses are getting too crazy especially when I want to play a solo round and can't cause they won't book solos or just spaces. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

1 hour ago, PEI_Golfer said:

There has been nothing 'common sense' about anything he's done in 3 years...  Only saving grace could be that if projections are that we've 'peaked' around now, that there is still another 2 months before you guys really start to feel it as you can usually find a place in late March that is open, but you've also gotten more snow so far this year than in past.

You can always move East after he gets in again because Dullard Duca is such a bad choice as well...

Yeah, hopefully things can stabilize and improve going into the Spring for sure. 

Actually considering a move to the Maritimes this year, but it has nothing to do with DoFo and his cronies...won't let them have that much power/control in my life. 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

59 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Yeah that was hard and I was kinda pissed because I had such a solid year for such a short season with literally no practice. 

The membership is for a private club, the public courses are getting too crazy especially when I want to play a solo round and can't cause they won't book solos or just spaces. 

Gotcha, makes sense. For sure, Public courses in and around the GTA were ridiculously hard to get Tee times at last season and it's definitely tough for Singles to be welcomed anywhere anymore. Hopefully things will cool off a little bit this year if things are back closer to normal with other sports and activities...we'll see.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• 2 months later...

Ugh…what a brutal Spring so far.

Are you guys out playing yet, or waiting for better weather?

I was desperate enough to play Banty’s Roost on April 4th, and obviously the conditions were brutal. Going to take another shot at it today at Remington Parkview Upper Course and see how it goes.

Hopefully we can get some consistently nice weather soon and the courses can dry out a little bit.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I've played twice and instantly regretted it both times haha. Just a really slow, cold spring.

My course is opening next week though (finally) and they are extremely precious about playing conditions so it should really be good to go.

• Haha 1

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster

I haven't played yet, was supposed to on Good Friday but was under the weather myself, since then we've had snow and 2 days of rain so the courses are probably extremely soft. I'm itching to get out, I have a loft lie fitting on May 4th and a tournament on May 7th and I haven't swung a club since March 25. So this is going to be an ugly start unless I go to a simulator but for the price might as well play a muddy 18 somewhere. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

20 hours ago, kwainio said:

I've played twice and instantly regretted it both times haha. Just a really slow, cold spring.

My course is opening next week though (finally) and they are extremely precious about playing conditions so it should really be good to go.

Haha! Yeah, totally feel you...the two rounds I played haven't been that pleasant either. It's awesome to be able to get out and Golf again, but the wet mucky conditions, cold, and slow play make it tedious for sure.

Hopefully it will warm up and dry out over the next couple of weeks so we can start playing some enjoyable Golf.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

32 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

I haven't played yet, was supposed to on Good Friday but was under the weather myself, since then we've had snow and 2 days of rain so the courses are probably extremely soft. I'm itching to get out, I have a loft lie fitting on May 4th and a tournament on May 7th and I haven't swung a club since March 25. So this is going to be an ugly start unless I go to a simulator but for the price might as well play a muddy 18 somewhere. 

Yeah man, this Spring has sucked. Definitely not an easy decision between playing more simulator rounds or indoor ranges vs playing on live courses with brutal conditions.

Hopefully we get some decent weather soon so the courses can dry out and firm up...true Spring's gotta come eventually right?

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

50 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah man, this Spring has sucked. Definitely not an easy decision between playing more simulator rounds or indoor ranges vs playing on live courses with brutal conditions.

Hopefully we get some decent weather soon so the courses can dry out and firm up...true Spring's gotta come eventually right?

Just skip spring at this point get to summer cause fall is going to be here in like 6-8 week with how things are moving. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 4/21/2022 at 11:09 AM, BallerNate said:

Quit your bytching, we have 2 courses open and even then they've only been open a week now...  Some won't be opening up for another month. 👎

Edited by PEI_Golfer
  • Haha 1

A Revolving Door

18 hours ago, PEI_Golfer said:

Quit your bytching, we have 2 courses open and even then they've only been open a week now...  Some won't be opening up for another month. 👎

Haha!! Ouch, that sucks…I guess we’re doing Ok here after all then.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 hours ago, PEI_Golfer said:

I had 2 cm of snow on the ground when I woke up yesterday, so yes, you're doing ok there.

I live in Barrie and we got snow last week as well. I think the only difference is that courses are fed up with losing profits here and they’re opening regardless of crappy weather, but the conditions and temps here still aren’t great.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Played my opening round today at Piper's Heath, course right now is just waking up but it looks like it will be in great condition in a month or so. It's currently cart path only but looks like tee boxes and greens were punched within the last few weeks.

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know why I always play Cardinal early on in the year, the rough man is just rough lol. Lost so many balls on the West course, also while not super long it was super dense and my club grabbed so much I just popped out shots 50 yards ahead or I just sucked. But the green were awesome, rolled so well but not sure how long they will hold up once Cardinal sees their usual traffic.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 7:00 PM, MattM97 said:

I don't know why I always play Cardinal early on in the year, the rough man is just rough lol. Lost so many balls on the West course, also while not super long it was super dense and my club grabbed so much I just popped out shots 50 yards ahead or I just sucked. But the green were awesome, rolled so well but not sure how long they will hold up once Cardinal sees their usual traffic.

Totally missed your message until now Matt. Yeah, the rough at Cardinal is absolutely brutal, and it gets so swampy and mucky with any type of rain.

As you know, I'm moving at the end of the month. My last round here in Ontario this year was Bond Head South...what a treat!! Absolutely love that course, incredible conditions, and it will be one of the courses I miss the most in Ontario.

Will be out in Nova Scotia, but will still be keeping tabs on my family, friends, and fellow WRX'rs in Ontario!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

Another Ontario Golfer checking in. Generally keep most of my rounds to my home course (Scarboro) but often play with friends around the GTA. TPC Hoot being my current favourite course in the province.

Would love to catch a round or two with fellow WRX-ers. Hit me up!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:39 PM, ThomasfromScarboro said:

Hey everyone, 

Another Ontario Golfer checking in. Generally keep most of my rounds to my home course (Scarboro) but often play with friends around the GTA. TPC Hoot being my current favourite course in the province.

Would love to catch a round or two with fellow WRX-ers. Hit me up!

Welcome to the wild world of WRX man!

Definitely some amazing courses around the GTA! I just moved from the GTA out to Nova Scotia, or else I would’ve been happy to get a round in with you.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

12 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Definitely some amazing courses around the GTA! I just moved from the GTA out to Nova Scotia, or else I would’ve been happy to get a round in with you.

I'll be sure to check in with you if I ever travel to Nova Scotia with my clubs. Some beautiful courses out there as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasfromScarboro said:

I'll be sure to check in with you if I ever travel to Nova Scotia with my clubs. Some beautiful courses out there as well!

Absolutely! Yeah, some gorgeous courses out here for sure…can’t wait to discover them all!!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 10:05 AM, BallerNate said:

Nova Scotia?  What on earth....  🤣  Not enough rain and snow in the GTA for you?

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, golfortennis said:

Nova Scotia?  What on earth....  🤣  Not enough rain and snow in the GTA for you?

Haha! No, it was a family move…we have a ton of family and old friends in Nova Scotia.

We actually lived in Barrie though which has much harsher Winters than both Toronto, or Halifax. Probably gets more snow than both of those cities combined, Lol! 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, becoh said:

So when does golf season technically kickoff in SW Ontario? I'm looking at moving to the area, and curious when. April, May?

Just looked back at my Golf app and my rounds started in May in the Toronto area.

There were a couple of courses that open in late March/early April, but I think I probably deleted my scores from those rounds because the courses were so wet and mucky.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

12 hours ago, becoh said:

So when does golf season technically kickoff in SW Ontario? I'm looking at moving to the area, and curious when. April, May?

Official handicap season starts mid-April, but courses are typically open well before that. Conditions will be very dependent on how early the snow melts and how wet the spring is.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"