2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Is the mainstream news taking UFOs seriously?

It seems that the mainstream media is slow walking into UFOs. 

How the Pentagon Started Taking U.F.O.s Seriously - New Yorker

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program - NYT

I saw that 60 Minutes is having a segment on UFOs this weekend.

The Navy videos seem pretty crazy.

2020/2021 is the craziest timeline.

Edited by Fairways_and_Greens

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

I read up a bit on those Navy videos. I mean this is coming from military pilots saying crafts were moving in ways that didn't seem possible.

I definitely believe in Aliens given the size of our universe. But travelling here and having crafts here....I mean unless there's a workaround for the speed of light. It's hard to imagine. Some of these would have had to start travelling here before humans even existed and then some

Or they’re advanced so far beyond what we can even comprehend as being possible. So many theories out there around wormholes and such.
 My consensus has always been that most, if not all, crafts like the ones in the Navy video are top secret man made tech. 

Edited by TiScape

27 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Or they’re advanced so far beyond what we can even comprehend as being possible. So many theories out there around wormholes and such.
 My consensus has always been that most, if not all, crafts like the ones in the Navy video are top secret man made tech. 

It's possible yeah. I mean you never know until you know--Maybe it's possible to cover large distances somehow. It doesn't seem possible, but i am also not as smart as Stephen Hawking (close, though)

I disagree on the man made tech in a lot of cases. I work in tech, with some of the people making the devices that would be needed to construct these things. There would have to be entire technologies out there that are just being completely hidden, and by public companies at that. The top tech companies are mostly public

Edited by MtlJeff
  • Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I disagree on the man made tech in a lot of cases. I work in tech, with some of the people making the devices that would be needed to construct these things. There would have to be entire technologies out there that are just being completely hidden, and by public companies at that. The top tech companies are mostly public

That’s exactly what THEY want us to think 😂 It’s ok, I know you’re not aloud to say anything 😉 😉 

33 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I should clarify. Saying the crafts in the Navy videos are man made is likely not accurate. I should have said a lot of the things people have seen over the years and reported as UFOs, like the flying triangles and such, are probably mostly military aircraft. The movements the crafts in these videos are making definitely seem other worldly/“out of this world.”

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I read up a bit on those Navy videos. I mean this is coming from military pilots saying crafts were moving in ways that didn't seem possible.

I definitely believe in Aliens given the size of our universe. But travelling here and having crafts here....I mean unless there's a workaround for the speed of light. It's hard to imagine. Some of these would have had to start travelling here before humans even existed and then some

Jeff it’s possible that they did begin traveling here before humans existed. What if a “lifetime” for an alien species is millions of years?  100 years would seem like a few minutes. So a trip of 50,000 years might seem like a transatlantic flight to them. We’re so bound to what we know that we often can’t comprehend any other way. The earth is 5 billion years old, that simply can’t be “the beginning”, the odds that the earth was first is nearly impossible- there may be worlds billions of years older.

And what was there before that?  

The Pentagon is supposed to be releasing all the UFO information sometime in June. For those interested, I'd recommend the movie "the Phenomenon" and the tv series "Undisclosed"

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, golfandfishing said:

We have a plethora of information on the universe now, and even with that we still know almost zilch about it. Alien encounters are as old as recorded history, it is intentionally ignorant to claim this planet has not  been visited by beings from other worlds. 

Ghost stories have been around a long time too...

• Like 1

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics 722E

5w - Sub 70 949X

3-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

I can certainly accept the mathematical/logical probability that there are aliens out there in the universe somewhere - that is, of course assuming that what we "know" of the universe is true.

I can also conceive of the possibility that aliens could possess technology that would allow them to travel to Earth.

If that is possible, then sure, they could have travelled here many times over the years, helping to build the pyramids and the Nazca Lines and the St. Louis Arch - also waterskiing squirrels. 

My question is, what difference does it conceivably make if we are able to verify this or not? How does it change anything? I've still got to get up and go to work in the morning. 

• Like 2

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

47 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

Jeff it’s possible that they did begin traveling here before humans existed. What if a “lifetime” for an alien species is millions of years?  100 years would seem like a few minutes. So a trip of 50,000 years might seem like a transatlantic flight to them. We’re so bound to what we know that we often can’t comprehend any other way. The earth is 5 billion years old, that simply can’t be “the beginning”, the odds that the earth was first is nearly impossible- there may be worlds billions of years older.

Its possible certainly, i guess how they experience time would have to be different too....because even travelling at light speed the closest galaxy to us is 2M years away. Of course there's a lot in our own galaxy

I remember reading that if you drove a car 100 miles an hour straight, it would take you longer than the universe has existed just to get to like , Jupiter

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 minutes ago, jholz said:

I can certainly accept the mathematical/logical probability that there are aliens out there in the universe somewhere - that is, of course assuming that what we "know" of the universe is true.

I can also conceive of the possibility that aliens could possess technology that would allow them to travel to Earth.

If that is possible, then sure, they could have travelled here many times over the years, helping to build the pyramids and the Nazca Lines and the St. Louis Arch - also waterskiing squirrels. 

My question is, what difference does it conceivably make if we are able to verify this or not? How does it change anything? I've still got to get up and go to work in the morning. 

If your job is proving that aliens exist, than no you wouldn't !

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

36 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

If your job is proving that aliens exist, than no you wouldn't !

Well, I must admit that you are right - but seriously, how many people work at SETI? Like 3?

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

5 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I'm super interested in the UFO videos, but I have no real desire to entertain larger aliens on earth machinations. What really stands out is that gimble and tic tac have very different configurations 

At the macro level, I think life in the universe is extremely common, but I don't know if intelligent is... If humans can survive for another 10,000 years it seems very probable that we would have probes with AI on their way to every star system with a goldilocks zone planet... if humans were still around, or even recognizable by the time the return signal ever made it home would be something different.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Nike Neo

ZStar

2 hours ago, golfandfishing said:

All depends on speed. To  get to Alfa Centauri, 4.4 light years away:

At half the speed of light, it would take 17.5 earth years, and 15.13 years for those on the craft.

At 99.9% the speed of light it would take 4.5 earth years, and a little over 2 weeks for those on the craft. Obviously, that would take a lot of juice.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Nike Neo

ZStar

2 hours ago, jholz said:

True. But we can conceivably say the same about almost anything! People are people and we are inherently curious. 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

Interesting stuff.  I was always an X-Files fan from the 90's so I was always a believer, but never could be sure.

I will say that as a species, we're pretty self-centered if we believe aliens specifically are visiting to see what humans are doing.  I mean, let's be honest, most of us are pretty boring and average and the ones that are noteworthy have issues... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jholz said:

I think if alien life becomes a recognized fact that puts religion (all of them) into a position that their followers will have a hard time reconciling that with their teachings.  A lot of people’s faith will be shaken a great deal. 

• Like 2

Biggest argument for the existence of intelligent alien life is merely the numbers involved... The galaxy is a gigantic place and the universe even bigger... Just by the odds you'd think intelligent alien life should be commonplace.

Biggest argument against is the Fermi Paradox... If the numbers are so large and the probabilities are so high... Why haven't we heard of them? Even radio broadcasts much less visits from beyond--why don't we have even a shred of direct evidence?

• Like 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

11 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

Heres a good one

Some say that the Universe is so vast that there must be other life. However, the Universe is so vast that it seems to me the odds of other life finding us over and over in different shaped crafts seem extraordinarily slim.

Edited by Soloman1

bought out by private equity.

capitalization, grammar and reasoning slashed as a cost reduction.

22 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

For the workaround maybe they’ve understood how to manipulate space-time.

It seems wise that people start taking this more seriously 

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

18 hours ago, golfandfishing said:

I think if alien life becomes a recognized fact that puts religion (all of them) into a position that their followers will have a hard time reconciling that with their teachings.  A lot of people’s faith will be shaken a great deal. 

For me, UFO's and belief in a higher power (God)  kind of fall into the same category. 

Flashing lights in the sky and seeing the face of Jesus on a tortilla can certainly be unusual, but nether one makes me jump to any conclusions.  

While the math can be compelling in both directions, I've got to be agnostic on the subject.  

Edited by Murphy76
  • Like 1