2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Mitsubishi Kai'li White?

GolfWRX

35 minutes ago, BottleCap said:

Which other OEM is offering the shaft? 

I'm not sure what other OEM offers it, but you can get it through any Mitsubishi dealer. TM doesn't even offer the TX versions or many of the available flex/weight options from MCA.

If you are going through OEMs for shaft, it's pretty slim pickings compared to an aftermarket shaft dealer. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, GOLF4373 said:

I’ll chime in here, I bought one from@JustinD at his suggestion.  I’ve been hitting a diamana pd 70TX tipped 1” since October in a Tsi3 9 head 45” d4.5 for reference, no complaints.  Swing speed is 121-123 on course.  I’ve been hitting a 60 tx Kai li tipped 1” at the same specs this week.  

the Kai li white reminds me of the Kuro Kage DC XT that was so popular 4-5 years ago.  Wouldn’t surprise me if this profile is the same construction on paper, different materials obviously, and the tapered butt section effects the way it feels in your hands.   Overall stiffness of the Kai li is definitely higher also, not more boardy, just stronger.  Kai li feels great at any tempo I swing it at and has a very premium feel at impact.  The PD is more akin the pro orange without tungsten in the handle, harder you hit it the better it feels which has its own advantages.   Strike for strike, Kai li is a super low spinning. What I mean by that is a some shafts are “low spin” because the raise your strike point on the face some with a stiff tip and softer relative mid and handle (Ventus blue, lots of graphite design, blue board). This Kai li fits in a different category than those, it spins low anywhere on the face.  Compared to the pd for me, the Kai li spins less on low mishits for sure.  They load differently as well, pd flexes a little higher toward the handle in my perception which is opposite of what the Mitsubishi chemical website list as “kick point” for each shaft. I would attribute this also to the tapered handle which really does create a unique feel for this type of profile in a good way. 

The only shaft I can compare launch and spin in a 60g class shaft would be the Ventus black but the VB is not really similar in feel to Kai li so it’s not apples to apples. Kai li required less effort and feels smoother through impact(again probably the tapered handle/whiteboard profile). I would guesstimate that a robot would produce similar numbers with these two.  Real world though they feel different and may produce a different delivery. 

This Kai li has really surprised me.  I picked it up and immediately hit the center of the face with no adjustment period at all.  Very stable and easy to center/time for me.  I would say the reason it’s not more popular on tour is everyone in Ventus, but that can be said about literally any other shaft on the market right now.   If Ventus black isn’t perfect for you for whatever reason and you need spin control then this is a good place to look in my opinion.   

I had the PD 70TX as well for a little over month and honestly it was a bit much for me.  I'm at 175 ball speed with aggressive transition, but man it was a beast to load properly if I didn't swing hard at it.  @JustinDbuilt mine as well and we decided to go untipped.  It felt very linear and had no kick to it.  I want to call it rebar but it did have a little bit of feel to it due to the exotic materials used.  Decided it had to go.  Justin built me a Pro Orange 1K 60TX tipped half inch and I'm absolutely in love with it.  It's similar to the OG Pro Orange, in that it's linear and has no kick, but at the same time, it feels so good/right to me.  I feel like this is the feel that I've been looking for in a driver shaft in awhile.  Performs well on course too as I had the best driving day in a long time on Sunday.  As for the Kai'li white, I had a chance to test one locally in both X and TX flex.  X flex was meh as I kept losing it left on hard swings.  TX flex different story.  It's very stable and pretty anti-left.  Linear feel as all white board profiles are even with the softer handle.  I was shocked with the feel though.  I was expecting a telephone pole with no feel, but it's surprisingly smooth.  As you stated, very low spin as well even on mishits.  PD was ok, Kai'li in TX was pretty damn good and Pro Orange 1K was the best of the bunch for me. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

27 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I had the PD 70TX as well for a little over month and honestly it was a bit much for me.  I'm at 175 ball speed with aggressive transition, but man it was a beast to load properly if I didn't swing hard at it.  @JustinDbuilt mine as well and we decided to go untipped.  It felt very linear and had no kick to it.  I want to call it rebar but it did have a little bit of feel to it due to the exotic materials used.  Decided it had to go.  Justin built me a Pro Orange 1K 60TX tipped half inch and I'm absolutely in love with it.  It's similar to the OG Pro Orange, in that it's linear and has no kick, but at the same time, it feels so good/right to me.  I feel like this is the feel that I've been looking for in a driver shaft in awhile.  Performs well on course too as I had the best driving day in a long time on Sunday.  As for the Kai'li white, I had a chance to test one locally in both X and TX flex.  X flex was meh as I kept losing it left on hard swings.  TX flex different story.  It's very stable and pretty anti-left.  Linear feel as all white board profiles are even with the softer handle.  I was shocked with the feel though.  I was expecting a telephone pole with no feel, but it's surprisingly smooth.  As you stated, very low spin as well even on mishits.  PD was ok, Kai'li in TX was pretty damn good and Pro Orange 1K was the best of the bunch for me. 

Interesting feedback.  What swingweight do you play your driver at? 

I used a pro orange 70TX tipped 1” for over a year with an M5 head.  At 45” the head was 205 grams for the swingweight I liked.i don’t know what the head I have now weighs I just added weight on the swingweight scale.  

53 minutes ago, GOLF4373 said:

I used a pro orange 70TX tipped 1” for over a year with an M5 head.  At 45” the head was 205 grams for the swingweight I liked.i don’t know what the head I have now weighs I just added weight on the swingweight scale.  

My guess your swing weight was around d4ish+ with that length and head weight. 

@phizzy30 usually around D2 D3. We tried lead tape to get the swing up higher and it didn't agree with him with the 1K orange. Dispersion was effected when swing weight was higher. 

Edited by JustinD
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JustinD said:

My guess your swing weight was around d4ish+ with that length and head weight. 

@phizzy30 usually around D2 D3. We tried lead tape to get the swing up higher and it didn't agree with him with the 1K orange. Dispersion was effected when swing weight was higher. 

I think there was some confusion in terms of swing weight when we talked, but that's my bad.  I will clarify.  The swing weight is usually around D4-D5 with non-counterbalanced shafts for me.  With the TPO 1K, since it's cb, it felt more closer to D3.  When I did more testing at the range yesterday, the head felt a little light without lead tape, but dispersion was excellent.  With lead tape it felt closer to D5, but dispersion wasn't wasn't any better, it I could just feel the head a little more.  Having seen this, I decided to strip the lead tape off and play my driver at 201 grams that you hot melted.  I have to give you props for knowing your s***, and always doing good work for all my builds. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

7 hours ago, GOLF4373 said:

Currently it's around D3.  I've played drivers from D3-D5 swing weight and as long as it's within that range, I'm g2g.  The important thing is dispersion and feel for me.  Anything too light and I start coming OTT.  Too heavy and it will exaggerate my in to out path and potentially cause the two way miss to come more into play. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GOLF4373 said:

I’ll chime in here, I bought one from@JustinD at his suggestion.  I’ve been hitting a diamana pd 70TX tipped 1” since October in a Tsi3 9 head 45” d4.5 for reference, no complaints.  Swing speed is 121-123 on course.  I’ve been hitting a 60 tx Kai li tipped 1” at the same specs this week.  

the Kai li white reminds me of the Kuro Kage DC XT that was so popular 4-5 years ago.  Wouldn’t surprise me if this profile is the same construction on paper, different materials obviously, and the tapered butt section effects the way it feels in your hands.   Overall stiffness of the Kai li is definitely higher also, not more boardy, just stronger.  Kai li feels great at any tempo I swing it at and has a very premium feel at impact.  The PD is more akin the pro orange without tungsten in the handle, harder you hit it the better it feels which has its own advantages.   Strike for strike, Kai li is a super low spinning. What I mean by that is a some shafts are “low spin” because the raise your strike point on the face some with a stiff tip and softer relative mid and handle (Ventus blue, lots of graphite design, blue board). This Kai li fits in a different category than those, it spins low anywhere on the face.  Compared to the pd for me, the Kai li spins less on low mishits for sure.  They load differently as well, pd flexes a little higher toward the handle in my perception which is opposite of what the Mitsubishi chemical website list as “kick point” for each shaft. I would attribute this also to the tapered handle which really does create a unique feel for this type of profile in a good way. 

The only shaft I can compare launch and spin in a 60g class shaft would be the Ventus black but the VB is not really similar in feel to Kai li so it’s not apples to apples. Kai li required less effort and feels smoother through impact(again probably the tapered handle/whiteboard profile). I would guesstimate that a robot would produce similar numbers with these two.  Real world though they feel different and may produce a different delivery. 

This Kai li has really surprised me.  I picked it up and immediately hit the center of the face with no adjustment period at all.  Very stable and easy to center/time for me.  I would say the reason it’s not more popular on tour is everyone in Ventus, but that can be said about literally any other shaft on the market right now.   If Ventus black isn’t perfect for you for whatever reason and you need spin control then this is a good place to look in my opinion.   

Pretty darn solid write up!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kaexo said:

RDX Blue vs Ka'lil 60TX can anyone compare?

RDX Blue plays softer overall and is more of a mid/mid shaft whereas the Kai'li white is stiffer overall, linear and a true low/low shaft.  I tested the RDX Blue and it wasn't a good fit for me.  Dispersion wasn't very good and I felt it kicking more than I'm used to.  Spin was around 3200 as well.  

Edited by phizzy30

10 hours ago, kmo said:

Anyone played the 70 and or 80 TX in these?

Not played, but tested both.  True low/low shafts that have some feel to them and feel very linear.  Popped the 70TX in my my stealth driver head and it plays and feels a little firmer than my TPO 1K and spin rate was about the same.  Popped the 80TX and it felt really good and launch was ok off the tee but not high enough off the deck.  I generally fit into low/low shafts in driver but not so much for 3 metal. 

13 hours ago, kmo said:

I have gamed the OG Sim and Sim2 10.5 and now the Stealth all 3 with "actual"  same measured loft.  The heads turned 1 notch lower to open face a touch with less loft which obtains the ball flight/numbers I prefer, Ventus Black 7X tipped 1" in all three to start.  For me the Kai'li 70 TX launches a touch lower than the Ventus Black 7X for me.  Kai'li has a one piece feel for me but does have a better feel than the Ventus Black 7X.  The Kai'li has less left miss in it for me, with my poor in/out path on bad swings.  The 70TX Kai'li feels very different to me than the stock Kai'li offering from TM.  

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

21 minutes ago, kmo said:

@Smitty120can you elaborate on the feel difference? Currently have 70 X in driver and 3 wood but was thinking of moving to 6TX in driver and possibly 7tx and 8tx for 3 wood and 7 wood

The TX is more accurate for me and less lively feeling for sure, more one piece.  Sure as usual the less trq and material use/placement.  

• Like 1
  • Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

I ordered a 60TX to test with my Stealth plus and I really enjoy this shaft a lot. Last year was playing a TSi3 with a PX HZRDUS blue 60TX which was a great combo. This shaft just feel so good and stable. For me the load is just ideal and feels stable and powerful through the strike. Never had the left miss, maybe a little over draw but nothing like a duck hook into the woods. This shaft is gonna fly under the radar as most have since the Ventus arrived on the scene.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 9:28 PM, kmo said:

I play an 80tx tipped 1.5 in my stealth plus 3 wood. Best combo in a 3 wood I’ve ever had. Great off the tee and from the fairway. Feel is great and debating picking up another for my 5 wood. Have a 60tx tipped 1 in my driver and it’s the best I’ve driven it in years. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 5:43 AM, cgallery said:

Is there much difference in the Stiff and Extra stiff? Seems to me its just 1 gram weight difference 

I just weighed a pulled 60S and a 60X from TM Stealth+ OEM offerings.

At std TM cut for driver and cleaned up shaft (no adapter, no grip, removed all traces of grip tape and epoxy)

60S - 63.47g 

60X - 67.23g 

That's ~4g difference all else being pretty much equal.

S seems to be near the spec accounting for the ~2" butt cut and prepped tip.

I'm thinking the X (and perhaps TX) weight on the website might be wrong or I got an X shaft on the heavy end of a fairly wide tolerance band.

Anyone have a raw, uncut X to measure? 

Edited by Seattlegolfnut

On 3/15/2022 at 5:43 AM, cgallery said:

Is there much difference in the Stiff and Extra stiff? Seems to me its just 1 gram weight difference 

Remember that weight =/= stiffness when it comes to composite shafts these days. Stiffer flexes will usually be slightly heavier, but the additional "flex" does not come from just that weight. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Does TM carry the TX for custom orders?  If yes, is there an upcharge? I was able to demo a Stealth Plus this week and thought the 60-X was really soft and the 70-X slightly better but still looser than expected

#1: Titleist TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6X 

#3: Titleist TSi3 15* - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

3H: Titleist TSi3 20* - Motore 8.8 X

I: National Custom Works CB/MB DW - MMT 125 TX

W: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

P: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

On 2/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, ttm27 said:

Just went to a TM demo day/fitting and loved this shaft.  I played the D+ in a 913 years ago and loved that shaft.  This one felt a lot smoother to me.  Dispersion was great with stealth head.  

Just got mine in.  With the stealth 10.5 head. Played one round and I love the feel of this shaft.  Was fitted for it by a Tm rep.  Seems like the Perfect kick and stiffness profile for me. Driver SS is 100 and I have the 60 stiff which I believe is like 68g?  No problem at all launching it high enough either.  Think I could have even played it with the 9* head.  Feels smoother and kicks more than the Ventus Blue I had in the first Sim.