2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2021 PGA Championship - Phil!

tiderider

3 hours ago, BNGL said:

You are nothing. Just a fan.

Today's attitude x10.

Fans ARE the sport. Period. Without it, it's ping pong. Everyone plays with their friends but no one's watching on TV, attending, advertising, etc and the opportunity to make it a career is zilch. Baseball. Football. Etc. Phil went out of his way to praise the fans in his press conference. I can only hope it wasn't lip service.

People might get a little zealous now and then but nothing was so egregious. When you think about the tens of millions of attendees each year around the world at sporting events and the intense emotion around it, it's been a pretty spectacular resume of self control in terms of impacting the actual athletes themselves.

Think about what you say next time or how you say it.

Edited by pktaske
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TiScape said:

Many. Every time some dumbass runs up on stage and tries to do to the artist what that idiot did to Phil, they get full on destroyed by some 285lb security guard! 😂 

True, but that 285lb side of beef couldn't stop the whole crowd if they decided to storm the stage.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

3 hours ago, BNGL said:

I’ll take the counterpoint side on this one. That scene and others like it, a la East Lake, or wherever else (storming the court included). Is totally and completely unacceptable, it has zero place in golf. The Tour/hosting organization need to doa better job protecting their players. Further more on my end of course maintenance, I do not want hundreds (thousands?) of yahoo’s trampling all over the property. You are a fan...not a player, not a caddie, not a coach, not a cameraman, not a scorer. You are nothing. Just a fan, absolutely nothing more. The ropes are there to separate the players from the fans. 

If I am not mistaken, they used to allow fans on the last fairway behind the players.

But, back then, the percentage of boorish idiots in the crowd was a lot smaller. People were a bit more civilized.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

If someone bumping into your knee while you're walking is that big of a deal and causes that much pain, you probably should be home nursing your knee instead of playing. It did seem like Brooks was trying to deflect some attention off his play. It's not like he got whacked by a metal baton.

But there should always be a place for the competitors to walk that's unobstructed by fans. It's ridiculous that guy was able to walk right behind Phil and grab him like that. But overall it didn't seem like that big of a deal (Phil made no mention of it) and shouldn't overshadow how magnificent that moment was for both Phil and the crowd.

Edited by golfandwin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mwkbmw said:

Dang, I thought that was Fleetwood.

Cleetus.jpg

Whatever happened to the Old adage of keep your hands to yourself 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

4 hours ago, callawayjay said:

He didn’t melt in the 2018 pga in St. Louis when he went head to head with tiger. 

Hmmmm. Brooks didn't go head to head with Tiger at the 2018 PGA Championship final round. They were in different groups. Tiger finished two groups ahead of Brooks.

Edited by grm24

9 hours ago, pktaske said:

Today's attitude x10.

Fans ARE the sport. Period. Without it, it's ping pong. Everyone plays with their friends but no one's watching on TV, attending, advertising, etc and the opportunity to make it a career is zilch. Baseball. Football. Etc. Phil went out of his way to praise the fans in his press conference. I can only hope it wasn't lip service.

People might get a little zealous now and then but nothing was so egregious. When you think about the tens of millions of attendees each year around the world at sporting events and the intense emotion around it, it's been a pretty spectacular resume of self control in terms of impacting the actual athletes themselves.

Think about what you say next time or how you say it.

In person fans are an extremely small part.  And already proven to not be a must.  In person fans is what he meant. 

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 5/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, indianagolf2 said:

Whats a greater accomplishment tiger last masters or phil pga today ?? This course was harder for sure

Phil. He won it. In 2019, all Tiger’s competition wilted. Woods won with a complete lay the sod over it chunk on 18 for bogey. Phill needed to hit that 9 iron on 18. He had to have it at that moment. 

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

In person fans are an extremely small part.  And already proven to not be a must.  In person fans is what he meant. 

Fans are a must in any way, shape or form as THEY choose to appear. I'm not sure I see the line between the two. "In-person" fans are probably the most dedicated of the group in all sports. Baseball for instance:

"Revenue streams

Much of the MLB's total league-wide revenue was earned from gate receipts (ticket sales) in 2019"

I'll be the first to admit my feelings run deep and perhaps a bit too sensitive on this subject so my apologies but I grow more and more disturbed by the slow erosion of understanding of how this stuff works. All of professional sports generating revenue that allows its participants to make 7+ figure salaries rest on the back of Atlas, also known as the working folk.

The groundswell of emotion on 18 was authentic and incredible to witness. I'm can't throw the baby out with the bathwater here.

Edited by pktaske

1 minute ago, callawayjay said:

He could here the roars. He could see the board. Being paired with tiger was never the issue when he was tied for the lead. The competition always folded. 

We obviously have a different opinion of what going “head to head” means.

With that said, brooks is now on a streak of not closing out tournaments. Instead of owning it, he’s playing the Nancy Kerrigan card

1 hour ago, OBbogey5 said:

Phil. He won it. In 2019, all Tiger’s competition wilted. Woods won with a complete lay the sod over it chunk on 18 for bogey. Phill needed to hit that 9 iron on 18. He had to have it at that moment. 

mmm not sure about that, Phil's closest challengers at the start of round 4 all shot over par, Phil himself shot over par, Phil won it as much as Tiger won his masters

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Adams XTD Ti 3 wood 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Adams DHY 21*

Cobra King forged TEC 2023 black 5-PW

Cobra snakebite Black wedges 50/54/58

Bettinardi BB39

8 minutes ago, BNGL said:

LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 sorry for channeling my inner forged forever (or 12 year old girl not certain which yet) with the emojis but I’m legit laughing. Let me tell you something son, let’s look at golf because this being a golf site and talking about a golf event in particular. You know how much the in person fans mean to the PGA Tours bottom line? Zero. The Tour sees zero ticket sales, zero concessions, zero beer sales. ZERO. I grow sick and tired of the people who think that because they paid money, sometimes handsome amounts to attend an event that means that they feel entitled to get up close and personal to the action.

PS I am very familiar with how things work...I hosted multiple PGA Tour Invitationals and a major championships. So maybe next time before speaking out passion and emotion you should think before you speak peckerhead 

you condemn the crowd for displaying crass behavior, then call someone with whom you disagree "peckerhead" ... you can make an argument without resorting to insults ... his post didn't insult anyone, and he wasn't bragging about who/what he knows ... 

but you do you ... 

26 minutes ago, BNGL said:

LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 sorry for channeling my inner forged forever (or 12 year old girl not certain which yet) with the emojis but I’m legit laughing. Let me tell you something son, let’s look at golf because this being a golf site and talking about a golf event in particular. You know how much the in person fans mean to the PGA Tours bottom line? Zero. The Tour sees zero ticket sales, zero concessions, zero beer sales. ZERO. I grow sick and tired of the people who think that because they paid money, sometimes handsome amounts to attend an event that means that they feel entitled to get up close and personal to the action.

PS I am very familiar with how things work...I hosted multiple PGA Tour Invitationals and a major championships. So maybe next time before speaking out passion and emotion you should think before you speak peckerhead 

Ok, I'm out.

Try the veal.

1 hour ago, pktaske said:

Fans are a must in any way, shape or form as THEY choose to appear. I'm not sure I see the line between the two. "In-person" fans are probably the most dedicated of the group in all sports. Baseball for instance:

"Revenue streams

Much of the MLB's total league-wide revenue was earned from gate receipts (ticket sales) in 2019"

I'll be the first to admit my feelings run deep and perhaps a bit too sensitive on this subject so my apologies but I grow more and more disturbed by the slow erosion of understanding of how this stuff works. All of professional sports generating revenue that allows its participants to make 7+ figure salaries rest on the back of Atlas, also known as the working folk.

The groundswell of emotion on 18 was authentic and incredible to witness. I'm can't throw the baby out with the bathwater here.

I understand the point.  To some degree I agree.  But.  In my opinion mixing alcohol with what we saw sunday is a trampling event waiting for a place to happen. 

remember. A person is generally smart . But people are no different than a pack of dogs.   Generally the most unpredictable forces on earth.  the players etc must be kept safe.  On this instance they simply remained safe out of pure chance. 

baseball is a poor analogy by the way.  It’s been dying since 1994.  I was once a super fan .  They lost me inch by inch until I cannot stomach a game at all.  Many reasons.  But I’m not alone .  Golf on the other hand isn’t being visited frequently by the biggest fans.  It’s a lot of frat boys and ex frat boys going to party.  Cut out the booze completely and you’d see how many true fans attend.  Not many.  Golf can thrive minus in person fans.  You can’t see anything in person anyway.  

• Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

32 minutes ago, BNGL said:

I bet if you came out to a Yankee game with  me and my boys

We get you so bombed and fired up!

You run on field like

🤣

24DA37CD-5DD8-43A5-AC9C-49714032EF45.jpeg

2 hours ago, ATLgopher said:

We obviously have a different opinion of what going “head to head” means.

With that said, brooks is now on a streak of not closing out tournaments. Instead of owning it, he’s playing the Nancy Kerrigan card

Head to head obviously but he saw the cat lurking and stepped on the gas. Up until the 2019 masters he was considered a terminator. Now he’s just any other great player near the lead. 

1 hour ago, tiderider said:

you condemn the crowd for displaying crass behavior, then call someone with whom you disagree "peckerhead" ... you can make an argument without resorting to insults ... his post didn't insult anyone, and he wasn't bragging about who/what he knows ... 

but you do you ... 

absolutely anyone could make an argument civilly, but stupidity in all shapes and forms and in all walks of life needs to be shut down immediately. One stupid idea is one too many. 

it’s not bragging, bragging would entail listing the awards/accolades I have accrued over almost 30 years of working in golf. 

• Like 1