The instant refund without communicating first (which also involves waiting for a reply) makes this sound like a case of seller's remorse rather than a miscalculation of shipping fees.  That's the problem people have with the seller's actions here if I'm reading the situation correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PING Hoofer Lite

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Maltby DBM Forged 5, 7, 9

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If someone needs to “proceed with caution” on my items because I too quickly provided a FULL refund to someone when shipping charges were calculated out of line..........then so be it.  I didn

Just spoke with Paypal. Will try to explain their long miserable policy in a few sentences:   My account started with a zero balance.  Then I was paid for the putter.  Then I did a FULL

Greasy move on the seller. Honor in the game of golf is sadly diminishing. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DannyNoonin said:

There's another thread here on the new paypal refund fee process.

Here are the other two WRX threads:  

• Paypal Sucks

• I'm done with ebay!

Yeah, the "new" Paypal refund fee policy is catching a lot of people by surprise.  What's weird is, as brew4eagle mentioned earlier, Paypal doesn't seem to enforce this policy uniformly.  There appear to be some exceptions where the fee is refunded.

Edited by GrumpyCat
changed "above" to "earlier"
  • Like 1

D G425 Max 9°  •  3w G425 Max  •  3h G425  •  4i Maltby TS2  •  5i–9i Maltby TS1  •  46° Callaway MD4  •  50°/54°/58° Maltby TSW  •  Kirkland KS1

4 hours ago, Puma74 said:

If someone needs to “proceed with caution” on my items because I too quickly provided a FULL refund to someone when shipping charges were calculated out of line..........then so be it. 

I didn’t rip off this guy’s money or mis represent an item for sale.......

There are actual scammers out there on all types of forums and I can safely say with full conscience that I am not one of them. Never have been and never will be. 

There are worse things in life going on around the world than a poor decision on my part and a cancelled putter transaction. 

The sleezy PayPal refund fee is bush league but .....  Your "instant delayed FULL refund" is a moot point and I think you realize that, with the fact of the matter is you agreed to a price and the buyer paid you.  Not sure how you got a rate of $39 for a max 3lb box to go a couple hundred miles unless you shipped it in a refrigerator box and applied every fee you could to get it to $39. 

Posted (edited)

So why does the buyer lose out because you didn't calculate it right?  That's bad business, you should have sucked it up paid the rest of the cost and shipped the item!  Then the buyer would be happy, no thread about your deal and you could have just chalked it up to a lesson learned then been more careful next time you sold something!

I will say that you have to keep the box length under 48 inches or you can get charge more!

Edited by lil'mike
  • Thanks 1

At least Puma74 won’t have to worry about miscalculated shipping items to me in Canada.

• Haha 2

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Things could have been better if communication was done properly. A simple "Hey, I noticed that UPS charges $39 to ship the putter instead of the $15 from USPS. I'm unwilling to pay for the added cost. Would you cover that cost? If not, I will ship via USPS or offer a full refund of the putter. Please let me know. Thanks!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

On 5/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, Puma74 said:

I too have been using Paypal for over 15 years and never have heard of charging the seller fees on a refunded payment.  Paypal told me this policy started 2 years ago.

I was un aware as I am sure most others would be as well.

I did not withdraw the money from my account.

I did not issue an e-check.  This happens within paypal.  They are calling the $15 transfer from my bank to my paypal balance the "e-check".

On my end, all I did was hit the refund button and hit submit full refund.  

There was nothing deliberate here on my end.  This should have been easy and instant and turned out to be nothing of the sort.

I refunded two of my last transactions because of USPS shipping.  I got docked .30 each time.  I did not have to pay the 2.9%. 

On 5/17/2021 at 7:05 PM, lil'mike said:

So why does the buyer lose out because you didn't calculate it right?  That's bad business, you should have sucked it up paid the rest of the cost and shipped the item!  Then the buyer would be happy, no thread about your deal and you could have just chalked it up to a lesson learned then been more careful next time you sold something!

I will say that you have to keep the box length under 48 inches or you can get charge more!

I don’t think you actually read the posts. 

• Haha 1

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

On 5/17/2021 at 11:24 AM, Bigjim1022 said:

I got burned by UPS a few months back on a FW wood.  I shipped it and while it was more expensive than USPS it was only a couple dollars more.  Few weeks after delivery I got a bill in the mail for an additional $15-$20 dollars because UPS audited the shipment and something i entered online was different, weight or dimensions, I forget-but it was a similar size box to what ive always used with USPS and like most of us shipping in boxes other clubs come in.  My bad, ate the cost, only shipped UPS because of the USPS issues.  All that is to say, i can see the shipping snafu happening.  

Happened to me twice, but I used USPS and both packages went to Oregon, from Ohio. Received an email from PayPal stating that I owed 3-4 dollars more because of a reclassification of shipment, or something like that. My PayPal account showed that I paid more than they said I paid and it was only a few cents difference actually. PayPal couldn't explain it and I paid the difference, then PayPal credited my account for the amount. They said it was USPS and not them and I stated that the email came from them. They couldn't answer my question. Gave me another phone number to call and I said f*** it, I got my money back so the hell with it. I won't ship to Oregon anymore. Haven't had an issue since, knock on wood. I'm now open to other ways of payment as long as there's some kind of protection involved. When I find that, I'm closing my PayPal account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1