2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Update 6/9: Amazon - Kingrasp Grips

mvhoffman

Has anyone tried these grips?  Midsize for $29

Kingrasp.jpg.540a79c23a5a0008443815945439997c.jpg

Edited by mvhoffman

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

Oh God my eyes... Those are...not attractive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5, Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Cobra AeroJet 3w @ 16.5, Kai'li White 70S

Cobra King Utility Iron @ 19.5, Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X

Callaway Apex Pro 2021 5-GW, Project X IO 110g 6.0

Cobra Snakebite Black "Versatile" 52/8, 56/10, 60/8, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125g

Ping Tyne 4 35"

2 hours ago, chavycha said:

thanks... for $29, they don't need to be attractive, just functional.  They arrive Wednesday so we will see.  I will add real life photos of them.

• Like 3

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

3 hours ago, chavycha said:

Agreed i couldn't look down at the ball without being distracted by the retina burn i was getting. 

• Haha 3

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5*

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Titleist T150 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* | 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

49 minutes ago, mvhoffman said:

I will add real life photos of them.

Please don't. 🤪

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Ping Tyne 4 35"

A cheap looking grip made in china from a company with no website and a name that is in line with other shady products from overseas. I dont have high hopes.

They might 'work fine' but they wont be OEM quality.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I think it's a 50/50 chance they will be of acceptable quality. If so, it's a pretty good deal given today's prices. 

If your 50/50 chance doesn't work out you might look up "ValueGolf" on eBay and do their Best Offer pricing on Star grips. They're not a whole lot more expensive than the Kingrasp and are at least as good quality as Lamkin or Golf Pride IMO. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I think it's a 50/50 chance they will be of acceptable quality. If so, it's a pretty good deal given today's prices. 

If your 50/50 chance doesn't work out you might look up "ValueGolf" on eBay and do their Best Offer pricing on Star grips. They're not a whole lot more expensive than the Kingrasp and are at least as good quality as Lamkin or Golf Pride IMO. 

I've purchased from Value golf before.  Good store.  I figured buying different brands off of Amazon would be a good experiment mainly because they can be put on with air and if they are horrible, it can be taken off and returned.  

• Like 1

A few years back I put some of the Star "Smoothee" wrap style grips on a set of irons that are no longer with me now. I had them on there for a long time and I kid you not after 100+ rounds even the most often used clubs showed not one sign of wear. And they were the easiest to clean grips ever. Dirt or sweat just didn't seem to stick to them, a wet cloth would clean them 99% of the time. And I paid about $5/grip. Cheap and last forever. Not slick or hard feeling, either.

But for whatever reason the top 1" or so of the grip near the butt was flared out a lot. The rest of the grip was normal "standard" size but that fat part at the very top drove me crazy. I ended up gripping down a little on every shot so it felt right. Other than that one quirk I'd probably never use a different grip in my life. Just ideal in a vale-for-money when you factor in they'd probably last 3-4 years easily. 

Hmmm, I might go back to them anyway. I detest the grips that came on my newest sets of irons and have been procrastinating swapping them out because most of the usual models (Tour Velvet, etc.) are out of stock. Value Golf seems to have plenty of the Star Grips though.

When i saw these grips that I ordered (above) the material seemed very similiar to the Star grips or even iomic grips.  We will see tomorrow

I ordered this from amazon just cause. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08J7YH46B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ended up on 2 of my putters. Has a good weight, alllll the grip you could want. Well worth the $15 it cost. Grips are not always tied to cost. 

• Like 2

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

I think @knudson81 ordered some cheap Amazon grips recently and the reviews were uh less than favorable. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

I think @knudson81 ordered some cheap Amazon grips recently and the reviews were uh less than favorable. 

Yeah, I ordered the "GeoLeap Glory-S" grips off Amazon, 13 grips for $31. Totally different grip than the OP ordered, but the seems on the sides of the grip are brutally evident. They really protrude from the sides and you can really feel them. GeoLeap are firm and have some decent tacky traction to them but I can tell that they won't be the longest lasting grip I ever tried. The rubber has a firmer, cheaper Iomic feel to it.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

13 of them for $29? Not sure I want to know what those even feel like. 

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

Just think of the giant seams as a discount Golf Pride Align.

• Like 1

Ping Tyne 4 35"

6 hours ago, knudson81 said:

Yeah, I ordered the "GeoLeap Glory-S" grips off Amazon, 13 grips for $31. Totally different grip than the OP ordered, but the seems on the sides of the grip are brutally evident. They really protrude from the sides and you can really feel them. GeoLeap are firm and have some decent tacky traction to them but I can tell that they won't be the longest lasting grip I ever tried. The rubber has a firmer, cheaper Iomic feel to it.

They appear to be a knockoff of the GP Niion grips. There’s a lot of different “budget” grips. I recently gripped a set of clubs with Crestgolf grips that are exact copies of the black and white Super strokes and they were fantastic actually. 

• Like 2

I don’t have that exact grip but I have put a set of their multi-compound grips on a secondary set I have.  They seem very functional.  Very similar to the GP multi-compound grips.  I can’t speak to their durability because I haven’t had them for very long.  But so far I would say they are worth the price as an affordable grip alternative.

So, I'm confused....

Is it Kin Grasp or King Rasp?!?!

BT

• Confused 1

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

• mvhoffman changed the title to Update 5/25: Amazon - Kingrasp Grips

UPDATE 5/25

So they are not the best looking I will give you that, but the feel off of these grips is unreal.  I put them on Sunday after playing in the morning and my hands killing me again from my Lamkin UTx cord midsize.  The Lamkins are superb grips however the non/less taper grips seem to be killing my hands anymore so I wanted an alternative and found these.

They feel "different" to start.  They have a silicone-ish/iomic-ish/GP Niion-ish combination feel to them.  First off, there are no grooves, there are scallops on the grip.  Not ugly stupid, barely noticeable as the picture shows.  The grips went on like a dream.  I used the old school tape/lighter fluid method and they were probably the easiest grip to slide on.  There was no stretching, no inconsistency in the grip, just went on nice and simple.  Once on and dry the grips had a little slick feeling to them so as I do after I grip anything, I always wash off with some dawn watered towel.  There comes the grip.  I don't know if there was a little water soluble film on them or just a little slick from storage/shipping/packaging but once wiped they were nice and grippy.  Now, when I say grippy, they are not like tour velvets that have the suction cup feel or the sticky feel of a leather grip, they just have a simple "i'm not going anywhere" feel to them.  

Now the shot feel... this is very different.  They have the responsiveness of a tour velvet in that they have enough dampening that when you hit a bad shot you know it.  Now I say that but want to elaborate.  When i say you can feel it, you feel enough that you know you hit a bad shot, however your hands do not get punished.  When you hit a good shot, frankly it has a nice buttery soft feel like you have a Winn grip on.  I know that it doesn't make sense... a firm grip that is soft and shock absorbing.  I don't know how to explain in at all, it just feels great.  

Played for the first time with them yesterday in a tournament for their trial run.  For the first time in a long time my hands did not hurt.  I'm sure it had a lot to do with switching back to regular taper grips from the less taper, but I have to give the grips some credit as well.

For $29/30 for the whole set, I highly recommend giving them a try.  They have Standard and Midsize (same midsize as the GP Velvet)

• Like 3

@mvhoffman - I'm curious...did you happen to weigh each grip before you installed?  I'm wondering how tight of a tolerance these have.

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

1 hour ago, dmbrill719 said:

@mvhoffman - I'm curious...did you happen to weigh each grip before you installed?  I'm wondering how tight of a tolerance these have.

honestly I was going to.  I had the gram scale out and when I went to turn it on the battery was dead.  By feel, they all felt the same when putting the grip on.  There were none that felt thinner or chunkier.  They all had a very uniform consistency to them.  If I order a back up set, I will be sure to weigh them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Russ757 said:

can you post actual pics?

yes.  I will get some up in a  few hours when i get home.  I'll try to get some detail in them as well

A09C20DA-EB65-4EC0-B8D2-C00103F9C526.jpeg.c4d6dcbbfc8cb9458446eb21e155d4dd.jpegF2A9B5CB-C8BE-4FF3-9523-7076367FB35C.jpeg.c1e635031c09b6740eab7240b860de41.jpeg63A56160-8221-474B-B7C0-3789209C44EF.jpeg.d5a493f276f72574e0d5fbcc896780dc.jpeg

You went with the ones with "Scales" it looks like. They seem to also have some that are more conventional Tour Velvet-like. 

Did you just like the orange color or were they cheaper? Amazon seems to also have blue and black and grey. 

Edited by North Butte

1 hour ago, North Butte said:

You went with the ones with "Scales" it looks like. They seem to also have some that are more conventional Tour Velvet-like. 

Did you just like the orange color or were they cheaper? Amazon seems to also have blue and black and grey. 

I went with this style and color because they were $29 opposed to $35. 

there’s a few different styles out there. I was extremely hesitant with these. As soon as they came I laughed and started the return on my phone. After playing with the lamkins and my hands killing me I decided to give these a try. I figured what the hell. They really surprised me like I haven’t been before. 

I have already ordered a second set for the basement overstock area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are they orange or red?  

Appear red.  I may be in the minority, but I like the look.  

I usually wait until Golfworks sells a Royal grip at $1.99 per in order to increase my inexpensive stock, but like what I see from these. 

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

47 minutes ago, PeanutsDaddy said:

Are they orange or red?  

Appear red.  I may be in the minority, but I like the look.  

I usually wait until Golfworks sells a Royal grip at $1.99 per in order to increase my inexpensive stock, but like what I see from these. 

They are red.  I was super hesitant on them and now i'm kicking myself for not getting them sooner.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mvhoffman said:

They are red.  I was super hesitant on them and now i'm kicking myself for not getting them sooner.

$68.80 for 13 grips via Amazon in Canada. 

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

• mvhoffman changed the title to Update 6/9: Amazon - Kingrasp Grips