Jump to content

Just snagged this putter. Time to refinish it. Need suggestions!


tmw4h5
 Share

Recommended Posts

What finish do you like or what do you want it to look like? 

 

We can make suggestions what you want it to look like. 

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 6.0

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - NCW Boyd - and more. 

WITB Thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

What finish do you like or what do you want it to look like? 

 

We can make suggestions what you want it to look like. 

I'm open to all suggestions. I'm not picky at all. No crazy polymer finishes. Outside of that, open to everything.

Also, love the Battlefield Friends avi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, tmw4h5 said:

I'm open to all suggestions. I'm not picky at all. No crazy polymer finishes. Outside of that, open to everything.

Also, love the Battlefield Friends avi.

 

I'd suggest maybe BOS Golf, they used to do the original oil can finishes for Scotty but have a few finishes for stainless heads like black oxide, fools gold, or just bead blasted.

 

Also thanks I loved that series and the old BF games. I should have the Noob instead. 

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 6.0

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - NCW Boyd - and more. 

WITB Thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

 

I'd suggest maybe BOS Golf, they used to do the original oil can finishes for Scotty but have a few finishes for stainless heads like black oxide, fools gold, or just bead blasted.

 

Also thanks I loved that series and the old BF games. I should have the Noob instead. 

I was always partial to the "you can't have a shotgun in here" episode.

 

I was thinking about BOS.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

NorCal black oxide finish would look great

Edited by kwcsports

WITB
Ping G10 Driver- Matrix White Tie
Callaway X Hot 3W- Project X
Callaway X Hot 4H- Project X
Lynx Parallax 5-SW- Nippon NS Pro 950GH
Ping Eye 2 SW- DG S300
Nike VR Forged LW- DG S300
Ray Cook Blue Goose
Srixon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a word of caution on a Black Oxide finish.  Anyone who tells you they can do black oxide on stainless is mistaken and you will NOT be happy with the long term finish.  BOS has offered it and if you research threads, you'll find a consistent theme.  Stainless was not meant to oxidize and it does a great job of just that.

If you want the best selection of finishes, check out Liam at Embrace Putters.   He's been doing this for several years and is really perfecting his work, as well as getting some of the best actual finish vendors in the business.  VERY FEW of the refinish guys do their own oxide finishes and NONE of them have an in-house PVD service, no matter what they say.  Check out EmbracePutters on Instagram and I think you'll see something that you are going to like.

Just one Mann's opinion,

LaMont in AZ

 

BONUS TRIVIA:  Liam grew up in the UK playing for the National Junior Team.  His alternate shot partner for a time was a young man who has a win or two on American soil.....and some long hair to blow in the Florida breeze.  I'd take a guy who understands the equipment he is working on, any day over a guy who just removes nicks from steel.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd go with a bead blast or fool's gold if you like it blingy (still a word, Gen Z?).  Both will give you a classic look regardless and maintenance will be easy...

Driver PING Rapture (10.5*)

Fairway Woods Callaway Great Big Bertha Hawk Eye (18*, 21*)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Irons PING Eye2 (4-PW); Wedge PING Eye2 XG (SW)

Irons PING ISI-S (4-SW)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Putter PING Anser X (35")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably one of the more underrated lines in Scotty's line up... You got a gem there!

 

LabWorx Golf finishes are pretty good, had a buddy refinish his Scotty from there and looked mint!

-----

WITB

Titleist TSi3 8* Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 70 TX

Titleist TSi2 15* Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 80 TX

Titleist U500 3i Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX or Titleist TSi2 18* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" PVD 6.5 80G

Titleist T100 4-PW Project X 7.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 50F(51)/56M(55)/60T

Scotty Cameron (TBD)

Titleist ProV1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Golfgarage. A nice torched finish would be sweet. 

Callaway Epic Speed 9* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff
Titleist TS1 9* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff
Titleist TS1 15* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2"
Titleist TS1 18* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 stiff tipped 1/2"
Epon 505 4-GW with Graphite Design Tour AD-95 stiff
JP 55, 60 with Graphite Design Tour AD-95 stiff
National Custom longneck
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Black oxide or just a bead blast and leave it alone. I'm not a huge fan of crazy looking torch finishes and wacky paint jobs.

D - Ping G4410+ 9*| Ventus Black 6x

3w - Ping G410* @15.5*| Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8x

3h - Ping G410 19* | EvenFlow Black 85X or 5w - Cobra SZ 18.5* @20* | Accra FX2.0 380 M5

4h - 818 H2 23* | Ventus Blue 10x

5-GW Cobra Forged CB | Modus 120X

W - SM8 54/12 & 58/8 @59* | S400 Ti

P - Phantom 5.5 or Newport 2 Special Select

Ball - ProV1x

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, rorykoepka said:

Do you have a favorite between the 3?  Exactly the 3 restorers I was looking at

I had amazing experience with all. Norcal and Kyle do amazing remilling work. I think labworx just specialize in coatings. I can narrow the 3 down by location. Norcal is west coast Kyle is east coast and labworx is in the middle in Texas. I would say Kyle or norcal they both had great communication. 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, btyh said:

I had amazing experience with all. Norcal and Kyle do amazing remilling work. I think labworx just specialize in coatings. I can narrow the 3 down by location. Norcal is west coast Kyle is east coast and labworx is in the middle in Texas. I would say Kyle or norcal they both had great communication. 👍

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback! I was leaning labworx for a bit but I’m in cali so I think I’m gonna roll with NorCal

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2021 at 3:46 PM, golfluvzme said:

Just a word of caution on a Black Oxide finish.  Anyone who tells you they can do black oxide on stainless is mistaken and you will NOT be happy with the long term finish.  BOS has offered it and if you research threads, you'll find a consistent theme.  Stainless was not meant to oxidize and it does a great job of just that.

If you want the best selection of finishes, check out Liam at Embrace Putters.   He's been doing this for several years and is really perfecting his work, as well as getting some of the best actual finish vendors in the business.  VERY FEW of the refinish guys do their own oxide finishes and NONE of them have an in-house PVD service, no matter what they say.  Check out EmbracePutters on Instagram and I think you'll see something that you are going to like.

Just one Mann's opinion,

LaMont in AZ

 

BONUS TRIVIA:  Liam grew up in the UK playing for the National Junior Team.  His alternate shot partner for a time was a young man who has a win or two on American soil.....and some long hair to blow in the Florida breeze.  I'd take a guy who understands the equipment he is working on, any day over a guy who just removes nicks from steel.

 

As someone who does putter refinish (not quite to the level of Embrace), i totally agree with this. Black Oxide on stainless is a recipe for disappointment. I believe Logan Olson has achieved an oxidation of some sort on stainless but as i understand it, it appears to be a heat based oxidation, i.e. bake it for a number of minutes at a super high temp and form a surface oxidation, then torch, then quench. Nothing at all like a true black oxide/gun blue as you would do with carbon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Baitkiller said:

Mehh.. it's a gamer. Jam it in the bag with no cover. The more chatter it gets the more putts it will make. I say let that dog hunt just the way it is.

Cringe.. lol I have a studio stainless from 2004 I gamed for 15 years and it still looks new. Refinish it and keep a headcover when in the bag. that's what they are made for. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
        • Like
      • 99 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...