Right handed only 🥴

Jojo3321

What’s the deal with these club companies producing clubs that are right handed only? Like the Taylormade p7tw for instance. I get it was designed by tiger who is right handed but can’t you take the design and flip it around. Ben Hogan golf is the same way. I just think it’s B.S. that lefties don’t get the same options as the righties.

• Like 1

I feel you…

I seemed to have trouble finding a 17* hybrid for awhile. The few that I wanted were only LH above 19*… anyhoot,

I did talk to a hogan rep and he said they should be coming out with LH irons other than previous model edge’s in 2022…. 
I did end up grabbing a set of the older (2018 I believe ) edge and do like them… short head length but still GI top line and plenty of mass in the head….

• Like 1

Taylormade Original One 12*

Maltby STi 5W 18*

Cleveland Launcher HB 4H 22*

Ping i500 6/7

Ping Iblade 7-PW

Mizuno JPX 919F GW 51*

Ping Anser SW 56*

PING Glide 3.0 Eye 2 LW 60*

Custom Odyssey 5 Copper  

14 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

It’s really simple and has been discussed hundreds of times, they wouldn’t sell enough sets to even remotely recover the cost of producing them. It sucks for lefties but that’s the reality.

Yup, when you are less than 10% of the total market to begin with, then you are asking for blades that make up less than 2% of total sales...  Why would anyone bother.  

• Like 2

A Revolving Door

1 hour ago, Jojo3321 said:

What’s the deal with these club companies producing clubs that are right handed only? Like the Taylormade p7tw for instance. I get it was designed by tiger who is right handed but can’t you take the design and flip it around. Ben Hogan golf is the same way. I just think it’s B.S. that lefties don’t get the same options as the righties.

I know what you mean but it is not as simple as the OEM says.  I remember reading an article on Golf Digest long ago that it took TM quite a while to develop a set of left handed 300 series irons for Mike Weir when he first signed with them.  I don't know the exact reason why but Weir says it wasn't as simple of flipping the design the around.

• Like 1

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

13 minutes ago, Jojo3321 said:

And to think this world is about equality.  🤣

Equality isn't the real world.  Economics is what makes the world work. 

cgasucks has it more or less right.  It should be as easy as flipping the CAD design, but often getting the moulds correct takes some work.  Back in the early 2000's it was about $1500 US per head for a cast mould and you had to commit to at run of at least 1500-2000 sets for the foundry to even consider making it a production set.  Dies for a forged head were likely even more expensive.  For many sets, you would never sell enough of them to remotely make it worthwhile doing.

• Like 3

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

There's still a ton of good sets available lefty. And I can't even count how many times I've snagged demos that haven't even been hit

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2%-5% is pretty sad. Forging tools are expensive. This is 75% of the reason I bought my BGD's. He's only making 15 sets to start and I had to support his efforts. 

The other 25% is they look sweet and the price is right.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

It saves me a bunch of money. Glad they don’t make left handed.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

I'm a lefty but I totally get why some OEM's make certain clubs in RH only. Generally just what they feel will be the most popular will be made in LH. Exceptions seem to be Ping & more recently PXG. Both of them make everything for both RH & LH.

What actually annoys me more is when an OEM makes a set of irons in RH 4 thru AW & the exact same set for LH is 4 thru PW. Where is the lefty AW? Makes no sense whatsoever to drop that last iron in the set. Sorry but I want the matching AW that will gap correctly with my iron set.

• Thanks 2

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

15 minutes ago, JohnKHawk said:

What actually annoys me more is when an OEM makes a set of irons in RH 4 thru AW & the exact same set for LH is 4 thru PW. Where is the lefty AW? Makes no sense whatsoever to drop that last iron in the set. Sorry but I want the matching AW that will gap correctly with my iron set.

I was thinking the same thing for a lot of 3 irons. Nike made a few RH 2 irons as well, no left love.

With machining, it's easy. Forging is where lefty gets expensive. Ping does a lot with cast, also cheaper than forging.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

14 hours ago, Bad9 said:

It’s really simple and has been discussed hundreds of times, they wouldn’t sell enough sets to even remotely recover the cost of producing them. It sucks for lefties but that’s the reality.

As I lefty golfer I agree with this completely. The funny thing is there are more left handed options for golf equipment now than there ever has been. 

Edited by grm24

I can understand companies like Ben Hogan and whatever not having a massive stock of LH clubs, but why not have the ability to make them and take special orders? If Ben Hogan would have had the new PTx Pro irons available for a LH special order, they would have had my money a long time ago.

It is laziness on their part, a lazy excuse to not make LH golf clubs. Again, one thing to not want sitting inventory, but why the hell can't they allow special orders? At least make the molds and have the ability to make LH clubs. Again with Ben Hogan, their new wegde should have the Texas grind for lefties. Not having it available makes me never want to do business with them in the future because they keep putting lefties on the back burner.

Callaway Mavrik 9*

Honma 747 3W 15*

Honma 747 5W 18*

Honma TW-X 4-11

Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 56*/60*

2019 Toulon San Diego

This is random, but my little girl is a lefty and I will for sure be forcing her to learn right-handed golf, assuming she wants to play in the first place.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

As a lefty myself I know where you are coming from.  For a long time I had a crush on Mizuno irons (when Faldo was their flagship guy) and had many sets, but they had limited offering for lefties.  But, there are so many other companies nowadays that produce top quality equipment for lefties.  I have a bag full of Callaway and Titleist equipment.  Ping is another brand that offers a boatload of lefty stuff.

As a side note, I was in Golf Galaxy in Myrtle Beach last week for the first time.  They had racks of irons, but none left handed.  So I said to the guy behind the counter "Hey, where are the lefty irons?"  He responded in effect that there were not enough lefty players to warrant stocking them.  Guess what, I won't even buy a golf glove there in the future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, localpar3guy said:

I can understand companies like Ben Hogan and whatever not having a massive stock of LH clubs, but why not have the ability to make them and take special orders? If Ben Hogan would have had the new PTx Pro irons available for a LH special order, they would have had my money a long time ago.

It is laziness on their part, a lazy excuse to not make LH golf clubs. Again, one thing to not want sitting inventory, but why the hell can't they allow special orders? At least make the molds and have the ability to make LH clubs. Again with Ben Hogan, their new wegde should have the Texas grind for lefties. Not having it available makes me never want to do business with them in the future because they keep putting lefties on the back burner.

Special orders are even more expensive. 

Look at my BGD's. He's got 15 sets at $425 a set. Figure it's 50% markup, that's about $3k up front with hopes you MIGHT sell out. I know there are WRX's who drop that on a set of clubs without flinching, but that's a commitment for a small shop.

I told him if he made them I'd be first in line. I hope he sells out and decides to make others. I would pay top dollar for a lefty set of P7TW's.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

12 hours ago, localpar3guy said:

They'd probably cost you $20k per set. I don't recall the numbers but Wishon posted on here years ago about the cost of creating forging dies for a set of irons and it was in the tens of thousands of dollars IIRC. Thats just to recreate the dies, none of the other costs of production included.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

13 minutes ago, Jojo3321 said:

Yea I understand where y’all are coming from with the economic part of it. My point is it sucks to not be able to have the same equipment as everybody else. Guess you righties don’t get where I’m coming from 😂.

What sucks is I'm right handed. I golf left because I prefer that side of the ball. When my mom ordered my set from Sears, she said "right or left?" I picked left not knowing the golf world didn't see the market the same as Sears did. 🤣

• Haha 1

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

IDK, as a lefty I think we have it pretty great these days. If you love forged irons, Mizuno has a nice mixed set and Srixon's heads are truly awesome. The putter selection could be better for us, but even that has improved greatly. 

How to film your golf swing:

Down The Line

5 minutes ago, Scottbox said:

IDK, as a lefty I think we have it pretty great these days. If you love forged irons, Mizuno has a nice mixed set and Srixon's heads are truly awesome. The putter selection could be better for us, but even that has improved greatly. 

Seriously. I started in '89 and the pickings were slim. That's why I played my Sears kit with a couple clubs added until '97 when I started working in offices with golf tournaments. Things were better, but still not great.

While not still not plentiful today, I will say the options are way better.

<edit> when I redid my bag last year I went all Nike because they made a ton of lefty gear and they are local.

Edited by lefthack
  • Like 1

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

On 5/23/2021 at 11:13 PM, localpar3guy said:

Clearly someone who failed basic economics.  Likely due to laziness.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize