Brooks bryson

Rob G 89

13 minutes ago, Shakespeare said:

Time for the PGA to step in behind the scenes. It started out funny, but now it's bad press. Just cut it out already.

I don’t think the PGA is going to step in. I believe they secretly love the press and attention this brings the sport. Whether we like it or not it’s caused people to talk.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BogeytoBirdies said:

I don’t think the PGA is going to step in. I believe they secretly love the press and attention this brings the sport. Whether we like it or not it’s caused people to talk.  

Maybe...but Phil should have been THE storyline for awhile and now it seems like its about two children fighting. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, BogeytoBirdies said:

I agree, i think Bruce desperately needs more attention good or bad, most people in the media don't care about him.

• Like 2

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

1 hour ago, Shakespeare said:

Time for the PGA to step in behind the scenes. It started out funny, but now it's bad press. Just cut it out already.

They won't for the time being.  Not unless it escalates into something bigger like if those two decided to go MMA on each other either on or off course.  I highly doubt that will happen though.  PGA Tour is all about image, however, the main objective is maximizing profits like any other business.  As long as it doesn't hurt the bottom line, they will tolerate it.  They made it a big deal when DJ got popped for coke.  Notice how it all went away eventually.  Probably a lot of PR work behind the scenes, and ultimately in the end, it probably didn't hurt the their profit margins.

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

25 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

They won't for the time being.  Not unless it escalates into something bigger like if those two decided to go MMA on each other either on or off course.  I highly doubt that will happen though.  PGA Tour is all about image, however, the main objective is maximizing profits like any other business.  As long as it doesn't hurt the bottom line, they will tolerate it.  They made it a big deal when DJ got popped for coke.  Notice how it all went away eventually.  Probably a lot of PR work behind the scenes, and ultimately in the end, it probably didn't hurt the their profit margins.

My guess is that if tiger won the PGA and Brooks and Bryson were giving each other wedgies in the paper the PGA would  make them cut it out imho

Me thinks Bruce is sore and bitter cuz the old guys keep whoopin his arse so he's taking it out on Bryson.  2019 Tiger Woods at the Masters and 2021 Phil M. at the PGA.  Come to think of it Bruce choked against the Goat and the 2nd greatest golfer of his generation.  Bruce can't hang w/ the old fogies.  

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

6 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

BK has 4 majors in 2 years and 11 top 5 finishes. he came in 2nd to two of the greatest golfers this side of the 21st century. And somehow he's the b**** here.

No one is saying he is not a great player. It's just that he acts like a spoiled child.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

1 hour ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

This thread has been awesome. The Brooks/Bryson feud is hilarious enough but then we have multiple intra-wrx feuds in the thread. Bullets are flying!

And this is one of the most disturbing and ridiculously funny photoshops I've ever seen.

164434649_Brookswashere.jpg.963ab816dd60c3ce150755dd1df5f9d8.jpg

O M G!!!! This needs to be plastered all over the internet. Great stuff for bringing attention to the PGA Tour. I don't care this story has gotten some traction because Phil's already received his due and he'll get plenty more. This is drama type stuff the main stream media laps up like no tomorrow. Keep it going! 

On 5/25/2021 at 6:39 AM, Scotty1140 said:

Sorry, but I find this hilarious. These two deserve each other. 

They need to be paired together in more Thu/Fri groups.

I followed them Thursday and Friday at Bay Hill a couple of years ago. They were paired with Phil. I think I mentioned it here at the time. DeChambeau was taking so long on the greens I wanted to scream. It is definitely the closest I ever came to saying something to a player during a round. It should not have been possible for anyone to be so slow and oblivious. He was lining up his ball then remarking and starting over again several times on every putt. Myself and other fans were looking at each other like...how is this happening? How is it allowed to happen?

I'm not a Brooks fan. He is a classic tour jerk. But that day it was fabulous to watch his body language and facial expressions, knowing it was all fully warranted and then some.

I'm not sure how tense it was prior to Bay Hill. I guarantee that event took it to a different level. Both players were struggling near the cut line. Bryson was still grinding on the final 9th green on Friday, taking even longer than normal. He narrowly made it to the weekend. Brooks went through the motions and obviously wanted to get the heck out of there. He stormed off the 9th green after gesturing to his caddie throughout that hole. Phil had an excellent first round then blew up on Friday to miss the cut. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mosesgolf said:

Me thinks Bruce is sore and bitter cuz the old guys keep whoopin his arse so he's taking it out on Bryson.  2019 Tiger Woods at the Masters and 2021 Phil M. at the PGA.  Come to think of it Bruce choked against the Goat and the 2nd greatest golfer of his generation.  Bruce can't hang w/ the old fogies.  

Koepka started one shot behind Tiger, and finished one shot behind Tiger? They shot the same score on Sunday, was it really a choke? He eagled 13 after the double bogey.

This PGA, again he was behind Mickelson. He started one shot behind, and finished two strokes behind. Where is the big choke there?

A choke should be reserved for when you're leading a tournament by 4 or 5 strokes going into the final round, or leading by 2 or 3 with 2 or 3 holes to go and you blow it. Being in contention but never winning, and then not winning is just tournament golf, can't win them all.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dave230 said:

Koepka started one shot behind Tiger, and finished one shot behind Tiger? They shot the same score on Sunday, was it really a choke? He eagled 13 after the double bogey.

This PGA, again he was behind Mickelson. He started one shot behind, and finished two strokes behind. Where is the big choke there?

A choke should be reserved for when you're leading a tournament by 4 or 5 strokes going into the final round, or leading by 2 or 3 with 2 or 3 holes to go and you blow it. Being in contention but never winning, and then not winning is just tournament golf, can't win them all.

Choke water shot on 12 Masters

Choke double bogey #2 miss gimme putt PGA

Choke another short putt missed on another par 5 PGA

4 over on first 3 par 5s = gagging PGA

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

3 minutes ago, mosesgolf said:

Golfer in making mistakes shocker. Koepka won 4 majors too easily by law of averages, he's going to have some tough misses too. Just because you lose or someone plays better than you on the day, doesn't mean it's a choke. Choking is when you are ahead and simply average golf will get you over the line, but you can't do it.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Big GG said:

Describing a little of what happened which was the bare minimum. I am not gonna name names, places, why and where it happened. It just gets a little old with these sycophants running around talking about how Koepka is this tough guy. 

Not really a Cupcake fan, but who / when was he made out to be a tough guy?  Big mouth yes, but tough guy?  Only media dummies made the football player comparisons, which was ridiculous.  They did the same with Tiger.  

While not exactly the "brand" route I would have chosen, can't really fault Cupcake for his path.  I'm sure he knows this golf thing won't last forever so might as well cash in while he's relevant.  In his case, getting the Twitter stats from haters is just as good as getting likes.

He's a jerk, we get it, but an "honest" jerk is a lot more entertaining than the typical tour player just making cuts, hitting the peloton, and watching Disney movies before the 830 bedtime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big GG said:

Describing a little of what happened which was the bare minimum. I am not gonna name names, places, why and where it happened. It just gets a little old with these sycophants running around talking about how Koepka is this tough guy. 

I think your quotes confirm with enough specificity as to how many of us read the guy… "Koepka is a dick because of his condescending attitude and the way he treats people"  and "Me and 2 other former pro's from another sport have played in one corporate outing with him and one charity dinner with him at the next table. The corporate outing is where it started to go bad. The guy's attitude is terrible."

He’s got a track record of making rude and condescending comments about his peers, probably to elevate his own status.  He certainly let it slip through with his pre-interview eye rolling and his behavior simply because Bryson walked behind him.

I’m guessing Brooks grew up with lots of attention and people fawning over him as the star athlete through high school and college.  He probably wasn’t taught that humility is an endearing trait and therefore he developed a strong air of arrogance and superiority.  Now that he’s with the big boys he can’t deal with just being another guy amongst his peers and is frustrated that he doesn’t get more attention and respect.  He just might have the brain of a scorned child inside a man’s body. 

As an aside I'm sure it irks the crap out of him that he wasn't selected to play in The Match with Phil, Tom, Aaron and they picked Bryson instead.   That is so funny.

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5

8 hours ago, mosesgolf said:

It's very subjective.  You have to take into consideration the overall score for the final round, how many opportunities he had, etc.  They all make mistakes coming down the stretch as nerves come into play especially for a major.  Brooks is mentally tough on the course  though.  Philly Mick has been known to have epic meltdowns in the past as well yet, he's won a ton of tourneys throughout the years.

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2