2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New LPGA Commissioner

1 hour ago, wjdpar1 said:

Something is not right here.  I give it 6 months.

What are you giving 6 months. All I see here sir far is a whole lot of Wrx speculation based on jumping to conclusions about a feeling someone had about what may or may not have been a thought that crossed someones mind. Maybe.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

12 hours ago, Bad9 said:

What are you giving 6 months. All I see here sir far is a whole lot of Wrx speculation based on jumping to conclusions about a feeling someone had about what may or may not have been a thought that crossed someones mind. Maybe.

You nailed it. This is a perfect description of this thread 🙂

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

Just read an article that the UL International Crown is likely GONE. UL pulled out, apparently they're seeking another sponsor but there is nothing for sure on the 2022 horizon. 😒

This is a big test to the new commissioner; can she recover what Mike Whan lost?

I hope Commissioner Samaan pay attention to women's tennis:

Emma Raducanu saw her Instagram followers zoomed from 650,000 to 1,400,000 in one day after she won US Open.  By comparison, Nelly Korda's needle barely moved after she won KPKG Women's PGA.

It speaks volume about social awareness (or unawareness) to major events in women's golf.  It needs to change if women's golf were to move forward.

Edited by 18majors

2 hours ago, 18majors said:

I hope Commissioner Samaan pay attention to women's tennis:

Emma Raducanu saw her Instagram followers zoomed from 650,000 to 1,400,000 in one day after she won US Open.  By comparison, Nelly Korda's needle barely moved after she won KPKG Women's PGA.

It speaks volume about social awareness (or unawareness) to major events in women's golf.  It needs to change if women's golf were to move forward.

Let's not lose sight of several facts:

1. The US Open is a major that hosts both men AND women.  There are no golfing events that do that.

2. The most famous Korda today is still Petr

• Like 1

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/international-crown-future-status-lpga

“We are incredibly appreciative of UL and their partnership with the LPGA and the International Crown,” an LPGA spokesperson told Golf Digest. “While the event will not be on the LPGA Tour calendar in 2022, we are dedicated to keeping this opportunity alive for our world-class athletes to represent their countries on the international stage.”

Mollie playing hide and seek....no comment from Mollie about losing UL as the International Crown sponsor???

Since taking over as LPGA commish...Samaan has been hiding under a rock somewhere.

This will be Mollie's autobiography after her LPGA commish tenure.

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, KBong said:

It's no surprise Raducanu's agent is the "The Death Star"....IMG prepping Emma to shill the Chinese for a trillion dollar endorsement.🤣

The Chinese are happy now they can look up to role model female athlete since Muni has entered into POSER status.😂

It looks very dubbed.  The words she is saying are not aligned with the movement of her mouth OR there is a serious synchronization issue going on.  Anyway, getting off topic.

Edited by Golf Dino

A new CEO and president took over UL (a non-profit, cough, cough) in 2019 after the last guy "retired" when UL lost $18million. The last guy made sure he made his almost $5million that year and then doubled the salaries of the rooms full of VP's.

"Hey, I got an idea... if you support my salary, folks, I'll move you from $400K to $800K per year. Yeehaw. UL lost more than double of any amount in its history, but never mind that - I'm retiring!")

UL needs no branding, has no retail customers, manufacturers are forced to pay for UL approvals to sell any device, even though it is not a legal requirement. That's done by having lots of expensive dinners and golf outings(?) with sellers and distributors of electrical goods so they put terms in their requirements that all products they handle have to buy a UL label. But that's a one-time thing that they did decades ago. The schmoozing now is just a chance to spend the company's money.

Some organizations don't like to take in $30million and spend $50million, including sponsoring a golf tournament that has no value.

FedEx lost its butt last year, too, but they don't care and still want to give away tens of millions of dollars. They know the banks, will keep lending them your money.

• Haha 1

bought out by private equity.

capitalization, grammar and reasoning slashed as a cost reduction.

Just now, Golf Dino said:

It looks very dubbed.  The words she is saying are not aligned with the movement of her mouth.  Anyway, getting off topic.

Looks dubbed but the intonation/accent sounds like it's from someone not local / not that fluent in Mandarin... point is: it could be her, but it's just dubbed ( I expect her accent not to be "perfect" - which it isn't in this feed)   - if you ask me, 80% it's her, 20% it's not haha

4 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Looks dubbed but the intonation/accent sounds like it's from someone not local / not that fluent in Mandarin... point is: it could be her, but it's just dubbed ( I expect her accent not to be "perfect" - which it isn't in this feed)   - if you ask me, 80% it's her, 20% it's not haha

It could be a really bad "synch" job between the video and audio.

Emma and Leylah -- made in Canada.  No where else that interracial marriage is as prominent.  I ought to know . . . when I was a kid too many white folks used to tell me that I was an abberation and parents should never have been permitted to marry!  Of course, there were those in the Chinese Canadian community that thought that my father was crazy for trying.  Now, it is far more commonplace.

Edited by Golf Dino
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

It could be a really bad "synch" job between the video and audio.

Emma and Leylah -- made in Canada.  No where else that interracial marriage is as prominent.  I ought to know . . . when I was a kid too many white folks used to tell me that I was an abberation and parents should never have been permitted to marry!  Of course, there were those in the Chinese Canadian community that thought that my father was crazy for trying.  Now, it is far more commonplace.

plus, "hybrids" are better looking haha... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

As a BANANA...sounds good to me.🤣

The only Mandarin I know is..."Thank You"

I know a bit of Cantonese.

I know how to say 'a table of 2, 3, 5, 6.etc in Cantonese to fool the host/hostess at dim sum so they think I'm "REAL Chinese" to get a pretty good table vs saying some thing English...the host/hostesses sit the English speaking customers by the washrooms and serving stations...just saying.

Then they ask me what kind of tea I'd like....and I reply...."Jasmine"......they walk away from the table with a "damn I was fooled by a POSER" look on their face.🤣

Oh ya...I also know haw gow and sui mai.😂

20 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

1) . . when I was a kid too many white folks used to tell me that I was an abberation and parents should never have been permitted to marry!  Of course, there were those in the Chinese Canadian community that thought that my father was crazy for trying. 

2) Now, it is far more commonplace.

1) All my HS friends think I'm a white guy....but I'm PURE 100% Chinese.🤣

2) ya think???🤣

spacer.png

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

A new CEO and president took over UL (a non-profit, cough, cough) in 2019 after the last guy "retired" when UL lost $18million. The last guy made sure he made his almost $5million that year and then doubled the salaries of the rooms full of VP's.

"Hey, I got an idea... if you support my salary, folks, I'll move you from $400K to $800K per year. Yeehaw. UL lost more than double of any amount in its history, but never mind that - I'm retiring!")

UL needs no branding, has no retail customers, manufacturers are forced to pay for UL approvals to sell any device, even though it is not a legal requirement. That's done by having lots of expensive dinners and golf outings(?) with sellers and distributors of electrical goods so they put terms in their requirements that all products they handle have to buy a UL label. But that's a one-time thing that they did decades ago. The schmoozing now is just a chance to spend the company's money.

Some organizations don't like to take in $30million and spend $50million, including sponsoring a golf tournament that has no value.

FedEx lost its butt last year, too, but they don't care and still want to give away tens of millions of dollars. They know the banks, will keep lending them your money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._Hunter_Harrison

As a big LPGA supporter, it was Hunter who helped elevate the prestige and purse of the CWO.

If not for him....Golf Canada might still be struggling to find a sponsor.

BUT

I don't see how CN or CP financially benefit from a LPGA sponsorship.

CN and CP are also kinda like UL....doesn't need the branding and also lack retail consumers.

The LPGA better have a few good qualified sponsor candidates in their funnel..... if and when CP pulls the plug.

On 9/8/2021 at 4:55 AM, 18majors said:

The rise of Mollie Marcoux Samaan and Excel Sports Management in Women's Golf:

LPGA returns to Cincinnati in 1st deal for new commissioner Mollie Marcoux Samaan

"The LPGA Tour is returning to Cincinnati for the first time in more than 30 years with the first new tournament announced since Mollie Marcoux Samaan took over as commissioner.

The Kroger Queen City Championship is scheduled for Sept. 8-11 in 2022 at Kenwood Country Club with a $1.75 million purse."

"The Kroger Queen City Championship, which will be managed by Excel Sports Management, starts off with a three-year deal."

This event has been in the works for over 5 years. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/11/01/exclusive-lpga-commissioner-eying-cincinnati.html

My sources also say that Smiley was planning another new event very close to being confirmed that will expand the LPGA's global footprint next year. 

• Like 1