Is this bag ok for Bandon?

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

if i caddie is carrying one bag, anything with 2 straps he better not be emptying....Like i said a 6lb Ogio carry bag that's just moderately filled --That's easy to carry

But 2 bags i get it, i'm not a monster. If he's double bagging it i'd have no issue

Do you actually care?

I walk and carry and keep my bag stupid light. I play a sub 3lb bag unless it is heavy rain and carry just 3 balls etc. I have to admit I feel the difference when I carry my waterproof bag that is 5.8lbs. 

I have had caddies a few time at Bandon and other places and given my gear is already super light (and also happened to be the same model as their bags at times) I have never had my stuff switched over.  Having said that I can't say I would care at all if they wanted to tote my clubs in a bag of their choosing. 

I guess I see the bag more of an item for the caddie than the golfer. As long my clubs and what I need are there, I don't care what they use to carry them. 

22 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I'm surprised they wouldn't carry that....I wouldn't have even thought of this to be honest. My every day bag is an Ogio like that and i carry it 70 rounds a year or so. I find it easier than pushing a cart.

I understand if you're packing it with all sorts of crap....But a 6lb~ just with clubs and balls, i'd be kinda shocked if someone refused to carry that

I agree. I've never had a caddy complain about the weight of my carry bag (Taylor Made - don't know what model).  All I know is I carry it just fine and am in my 70's.  I just make sure I only have 14 clubs (never a problem as I play tournaments and don't plan on any penalties).  Typically I only carry about 8-9 balls but when on vacation I'll put a dozen in the bag. Also I have another dozen back in the hotel. Don't lose that many but when I go away its for more than one round of golf.  If the weather is iffy I will pack a rain-suit but otherwise I don't.  I can understand if a golfer shows up with a fully loaded staff bag but the bag pictured in the first post of this thread seems OK to me.      

11 hours ago, Snaphooker12 said:

Are caddies that coddled these days. I remember carrying a leather burton bag on one shoulder and ping nylon on the other. Yes it sucked, but I wasn’t being paid for comfort. And emptying a members bag wasn’t even a thought. 

I remember those bags.  They were awful.  Do you remember the Belding Bushwacker golf bags?  Even their double strap bags were terrible.

That being said, our pro when I caddied (essentially 1999 to 2012) bought several Ping Mantis bags if a member with a bag like that wanted a caddy.  

Edited by CactusGolf

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

2 hours ago, 2bGood said:

Do you actually care?

I walk and carry and keep my bag stupid light. I play a sub 3lb bag unless it is heavy rain and carry just 3 balls etc. I have to admit I feel the difference when I carry my waterproof bag that is 5.8lbs. 

I have had caddies a few time at Bandon and other places and given my gear is already super light (and also happened to be the same model as their bags at times) I have never had my stuff switched over.  Having said that I can't say I would care at all if they wanted to tote my clubs in a bag of their choosing. 

I guess I see the bag more of an item for the caddie than the golfer. As long my clubs and what I need are there, I don't care what they use to carry them. 

No I wouldn't say it would ruin anything for me or etc...I'd just find it weird if a caddy was single carrying and refused the same Ogio I carry 70 times a year

• Like 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

On 5/31/2021 at 6:24 PM, MtlJeff said:

No I wouldn't say it would ruin anything for me or etc...I'd just find it weird if a caddy was single carrying and refused the same Ogio I carry 70 times a year

Chump change! I carry 120 😉 both bag my back and tire on the front to balance it out. 

Funny thing is I find it weird caddies don't change bags more often. The guys at Bandon are mostly double bagging 36 a day - 7 days a week if they want to in the high season. If it was me I would opt for what I know works well and is comfortable for me.

Edited by 2bGood

• 1 month later...

Get a Titleist StaDry Players 4… thing is so dang small you couldn’t make it heavy if you tried. It is a waterproof bag that can’t hold waterproofs haha

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

1 hour ago, Stetson said:

Get a Titleist StaDry Players 4… thing is so dang small you couldn’t make it heavy if you tried. It is a waterproof bag that can’t hold waterproofs haha

I disagree. I have a StaDry 4 and it hold my raingear in the long pocket without any issues.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

38 minutes ago, jvincent said:

I disagree. I have a StaDry 4 and it hold my raingear in the long pocket without any issues.

I have the Ping zero Gravity so they fit but when I had footjoy gear I had to put the rain hood on at all times because I could not have a pair of pants (size M), jacket (size m) and rain hood in the large + small pockets. Also not room for a rangefinder plus 6 balls and a wrench. Sunday bags hold more than these

Edited by Stetson

12 minutes ago, tlknight said:

No doubt about this. Not sure what they were thinking when they designed the pockets but they are ridiculously small. 

Right. Also, I hope the owner has a size S glove because even getting a golf ball out is tough

Not sure what else you guys are putting in there but I have no issues getting pants, jacket, rain hood, hat, can of bug spray (yes), and a sand bottle in the long pocket of my StaDry4. I've got this year's model if that matters.

The ball pocket and small side pocket (where I keep tees, etc) are perfectly fine and not impacted by the long pocket. The "valuables" pocket can get cramped. I keep my wrench and sunscreen in the relatively useless mag-lock pocket that is on the same side as the long pocket.

8 minutes ago, jvincent said:

Not sure what else you guys are putting in there but I have no issues getting pants, jacket, rain hood, hat, can of bug spray (yes), and a sand bottle in the long pocket of my StaDry4. I've got this year's model if that matters.

The ball pocket and small side pocket (where I keep tees, etc) are perfectly fine and not impacted by the long pocket. The "valuables" pocket can get cramped. I keep my wrench and sunscreen in the relatively useless mag-lock pocket that is on the same side as the long pocket.

Just googled it. This years bag is WAY larger than prior models

Edited by Stetson

This is the one I have. Worst bag I’ve ever had from a storage perspective

6E48A288-7ABA-4990-BF39-F1246EB81404.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Stetson said:

Just googled it. This years bag is WAY larger than prior models

Mystery solved.

Sounds like it's time for an upgrade for you. 

I owned an old Ogio Grom bag and I loved the original Woode divider system; but I always felt the bag was a bit heavy and finally got tired of the weight. I went out and bought a 4.5lb Taylormade Flex bag - what a world of difference 2lbs makes. When this one wears out I may go to an even lighter bag.

Ogio is now back with a new Woode system which looked cool until I realized that the damn thing weighs in at 6.54lbs, dammit Ogio. 

19 hours ago, AlwaysLayUp said:

It's up to the caddie. They give you bags to take every unnecessary item out of the bag so the caddie doesn't have to carry it. They also have house bags there so if he doesn't like your bag they will swap it out for a house carry bag. 

Just got back from a trip, my playing partner had to take all his crap out and store it in plastic bags in the bag room after his caddy looked at his bag. 

Midround he was grumbling to me about it and asking why I didn't have to do the same thing. I just responded - "because your bag weighs 3 times as much as mine and every pocket is stuffed full of s***" 🤣

1 hour ago, jmkenn0 said:

I just bought a sun mountain 2.5+ because my 2020 stadry4 was so obnoxiously small and heading to a walking-only resort - I didn't even think to look at this year's model!

Yea I am wishing I had the newer model, they should give everyone credit that were dumb enough to buy prior models. I admit it was my fault for not seeing it in person before buying it

Edited by Stetson

• 1 month later...

They will lighten the load or swap all your stuff to a lighter bag. They did it to my bag and it didn’t bother me at all. 

Rotate the following:

Titliest TSR2 10* (@C1) Ventus TR Black 6X 

Titliest TSR2 16.5* (@A1) Fuji Speeder 8.3TS X

Titliest TSR2 21* (@A1) Fuji Atmos Blue 8X

Titliest 818H2 21* (@B3) Fuji Atmos Black 9X

Srixon ZXU 18*, ZX5 3-4, ZX7 5-PW

C-taper 125 S+ PVD Black, BBFCO "Black Ice Ice Ferrule", Pure DTX Purple Std +4 wraps

Cleveland RTX6 Raw 50*Mid Ctaper 130X, 54* Full S400 Onyx, 58* Low S400 Onyx

Mizzy MCraft VI 36.5" SS Pistol 1.0

Titliest PV1

The terrible OGIO straps are as much an issue as the weight. Carrying your own bag while playing is completely different than us carrying two bags looping. Almost every backpack style strap setup is horrible to carry on your left side. Most of them suck on the right side as well because they only balance on your back with both straps on. Over the course of ~7 miles and picking two bags up hundreds of times it definitely makes a difference. 

All that being said, a hoofer will give you all the room you could possibly need and is light enough and balances well and if it’s too heavy then you have junk packed in it that you don’t need. I carry a lighter bag personally, but some times of the year here in coastal SC we can see 30+ degrees of difference, wind or calm, sunny or cloudy, and the best planning still has you needing some layer options even when there isn’t rain.

11 hours ago, ode said:

Sorry for the tj OP.....does anyone go with a group of "pushers" and use a forecaddie?

People sometimes do that at the resort at which I caddie. It’s a good option for people who want more basic info (impossible to give the same exact service level to 4 players as 2) and if you’re more self-sufficient on cleaning your clubs and stuff like that then it makes sense. 

My POV as a caddie is that it’s kind of nice to get the break from carrying the bags from time to time. More rushing around to give 4 players information and advice and less of a player to caddie connection, but it’s a fair compromise for the right group.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bnperrone said:

People sometimes do that at the resort at which I caddie. It’s a good option for people who want more basic info (impossible to give the same exact service level to 4 players as 2) and if you’re more self-sufficient on cleaning your clubs and stuff like that then it makes sense. 

My POV as a caddie is that it’s kind of nice to get the break from carrying the bags from time to time. More rushing around to give 4 players information and advice and less of a player to caddie connection, but it’s a fair compromise for the right group.

I used my playing partners caddie/s when at Mammoth/SV for that purpose ..... They all had them, I walked and pushed and occasionally got good Intel from their conversation off the tee and occasionally asked for a line.  It was helpful, but I have all the gizmos I need for yardage calculation.  And I drape a towel over the neck of my push cart and clean after every shot.  Drives me nuts to see my regular group not doing the same😆.  One guy does not have a bag towel, the other does but doesn't use it. I would think it would suck to have to give all 4 guys yardages, and lines, etc.  And yep, I ponied up some cash for the caddies that helped.  They were appreciative!

Just got back from Bandon. (God almighty, the closing 4 hole stretch on Old Mac in 30mph wind is TOUGH - and Sheep Ranch might be my favorite course I've played in the US) My Vessel Player 2.0 was fine with my caddy but I did take pretty much everything out of it except tees and had maybe two sleeves of balls. 

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept