Favorite soft ball

jgarret129

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sampling just about all of the soft compression balls.  I play a 6-hole par 3 course every morning, often two or three trips around.  Greens are fairly soft, so I'm not needing much spin to get the ball to hold greens.

The softest I've played are the Wilson Duo Soft, iirc they are rated at 29 compression.  I also have enjoyed the Wilson 50 Elite.  And of course the Noodle is great for practicing shots when I'm the only one on course at 6am.  The Bridgestone e6 Soft has also been a favorite.  

And just to show how much I've gotten used to playing the softer balls, I mistakenly grabbed a new sleeve of yellow Pro V1X instead of the yellow Wilsons from my ball shelf.  Didn't realize it until I hit the first ball, and it felt like I hit concrete.  I went ahead and played them for 12 holes, and it was funny how many times I would land pin high, and have then spin 10-20' back to the front of the green.  My proximity to the hole numbers were pretty comical, despite landing them fairly close.

Callaway Big Bertha APW Driver (8*)

Callaway Mavrik Max Fairways (3+, 5, 7, 9, 11 woods)

PXG 0211 DC (7-GW)

Wilson Harmonized Wedges (56* and 60*)

Wilson Harmonized 431 Putter