2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

I drank the Kool Aid... It's Kirkland flavored

mvhoffman

1 minute ago, lefthack said:

I corrected my original post because only some of the ball companies even make their own ball. 

I don't play balls labeled Kirkland because I want the ability to play balls not labeled Kirkland in the future.

Does that make more sense?

It makes sense in that I understand what you meant, but I would say that Titleist is a far bigger threat to become a monopoly in the golf ball world than the drop in the bucket that Kirkland ever will be.  If anything I see the Kirklands of the world (as well as Snell, Cut, etc.) as helping to level the playing field, not dominate it.

• Like 4

Sto Pro Veritate

4 minutes ago, Girevik said:

It makes sense in that I understand what you meant, but I would say that Titleist is a far bigger threat to become a monopoly in the golf ball world than the drop in the bucket that Kirkland ever will be.  If anything I see the Kirklands of the world (as well as Snell, Cut, etc.) as helping to level the playing field, not dominate it.

When Kirkland becomes the "number one ball on tour", I guess we will know what's up.

I don't play Pro V1's because the last thing my game needs is a $4 ball to lose. 🤣

<edit> the NXT was alright, but I got them "near mint" for less than $.50/ball

Edited by lefthack

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

46 minutes ago, winegr said:

What’s the current take on the 3.2?  I hated the 3.1. Loved the 4 piece KSig. 

I’ve only played the 3.2 once and it was OK. Maybe still a little spinny on driver mishits versus a ProV?

Plays pretty much just like a ProV1 off the driver, more spin on iron shots. Go to youtube and watch the really good video that TXG did on it.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

First time using the ball today… WOW. I am converted. Played just as a ProV for $1 a ball. Thank you Costco. 

• Like 4

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

A few friends been drinking that Kool-Aid too.  I am expecting someone to choke on the found in the rough dirty flavor. 😛

• Haha 1
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

On 6/2/2021 at 12:14 PM, gioreeko said:

V1 of the 3 piece didn't have any problems. The problem ball was V2 of the 4 piece. Some people got balls that had covers that weren't properly fused I guess, and would pretty much rip off after one or two hits. I got a double dozen and they were fine, but they refunded everyone's money. If you like the 3 piece, you should have tried the OG 4 piece, unreal ball! Longer than a ProV1, better spin, great durability. The V3 of the 4 piece is due any day now we're guessing, keep your eyes open.

Funny, V1 of the 3 piece was awful off driver for me

I think quite a few people were in the same boat, and spin seemed to be the big issue

Hopefully not the same with V2 of the 3 piece

loved V1 of the four piece

Yadi for President

1 hour ago, rp4golf said:

Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 09-50-10 totinos pizza - Google Search.png

I'm generally not a big fan of frozen pizza, but the Kirkland thin crust pepperoni pizza is pretty darn good for a frozen pizza. And it's a 4-pack for ~$15 IIRC. 

Not a fan of their take & bake pizza though. I'd rather order delivery from my local joint which might be more expensive, but is superb.

• Like 4

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

2 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

A few friends been drinking that Kool-Aid too.  I am expecting someone to choke on the found in the rough dirty flavor. 😛

One of guys in my group remarked recently that we’ve reached some sort of critical mass. We are now finding Kirkland balls in the woods and rough more often than any other brand except for Pro V1. Up until this year they were rare. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, North Butte said:

One of guys in my group remarked recently that we’ve reached some sort of critical mass. We are now finding Kirkland balls in the woods and rough more often than any other brand except for Pro V1. Up until this year they were rare. 

The courses I have beening playing it has been Callaway Supersoft #1 and Kirkland #2. Its Callaway 2 to 1 though. I don't find as many ProV's like I use to. I don't like the Prov's anyway. 

22 hours ago, mvhoffman said:

First time using the ball today… WOW. I am converted. Played just as a ProV for $1 a ball. Thank you Costco. 

So let me elaborate a bit on my statement from yesterday...

From the 1st tee to the 18th no matter if it was Driver, 3 wood, 2 iron, whatever, the ball held a very stable consistent mid launch flight.  It did not balloon at all thankfully because as a high spin player already that was the only thing I was worried about.  What really got my attention with these balls was the 2nd shot in.  The launch off higher irons and wedges was high.  It was high but stable/consistent.  At no point did I lose the ball in meaning that I didn't over shoot or short side.  The ball was a higher flight but consistent with the yardage swing needed.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the consistency of these balls really surprised me.  The steady consistency.  

Now lets talk durability... I used the same ball for 18 holes shooting a 74.  I hit a tree, it rolled across a cart path, and I hit many full wedge(Vokey) shots into greens.  The ball has 1 little scuff from a wedge.  Now the scuff is not big at all and to see it on the ball you really have to look for it.  The durability of this ball held up with some of the most durable balls that I have ever used.  I don't know if a premium ball would have held up this good actually.  I will add pictures to this post later.  

From my perspective, my own point of view, if you do not at least try these balls, you are doing yourself an absolute disservice.  

• Like 4

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

1 hour ago, mvhoffman said:

So let me elaborate a bit on my statement from yesterday...

From the 1st tee to the 18th no matter if it was Driver, 3 wood, 2 iron, whatever, the ball held a very stable consistent mid launch flight.  It did not balloon at all thankfully because as a high spin player already that was the only thing I was worried about.  What really got my attention with these balls was the 2nd shot in.  The launch off higher irons and wedges was high.  It was high but stable/consistent.  At no point did I lose the ball in meaning that I didn't over shoot or short side.  The ball was a higher flight but consistent with the yardage swing needed.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the consistency of these balls really surprised me.  The steady consistency.  

Now lets talk durability... I used the same ball for 18 holes shooting a 74.  I hit a tree, it rolled across a cart path, and I hit many full wedge(Vokey) shots into greens.  The ball has 1 little scuff from a wedge.  Now the scuff is not big at all and to see it on the ball you really have to look for it.  The durability of this ball held up with some of the most durable balls that I have ever used.  I don't know if a premium ball would have held up this good actually.  I will add pictures to this post later.  

From my perspective, my own point of view, if you do not at least try these balls, you are doing yourself an absolute disservice.  

I play the Kirkland almost exclusively.  If I didn't get a ridiculous "fire sale" price on 12 dozen 2019 TP5's ($20/doz if I bought all 12 dozen) they would be my exclusive gamer.  TP5's and ProV1's were my gamer prior to KSig 3.2

Edited by wantacigar
Correction

16 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

I play the Kirkland almost exclusively.  If I didn't get a ridiculous "fire sale" price on 12 dozen 2019 TP5's ($20/doz if I bought all 12 dozen) they would be my exclusive gamer.  TP5's and ProV1's were my gamer prior to KSig 3.2

Very nice.  I honestly really haven't played a Pro V in years as I mainly played the TP5x when I played a premium ball, and these are right up with them.  I know Titleist is the gold standard when it comes to consistency in testing (as it deserves and should be) but I liked the click off of the TP5x on the irons and the soft feeling off of everything else.  When playing the KS yesterday from the moment that I hit it, I compared it more to a TP5x than a Pro V.

4 minutes ago, mvhoffman said:

Very nice.  I honestly really haven't played a Pro V in years as I mainly played the TP5x when I played a premium ball, and these are right up with them.  I know Titleist is the gold standard when it comes to consistency in testing (as it deserves and should be) but I liked the click off of the TP5x on the irons and the soft feeling off of everything else.  When playing the KS yesterday from the moment that I hit it, I compared it more to a TP5x than a Pro V.

Funny!  I thought they were more like the TP5 in the clickyness (word? LOL)  But totally agree with the performance aspects.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

Funny!  I thought they were more like the TP5 in the clickyness (word? LOL)  But totally agree with the performance aspects.

can't really go wrong with the TP5 balls.  They are fantastic

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silentbob6 said:

Went to Costco today after reading this thread cause I ran out of my z star supply from last Father’s Day and they were all sold out. Had a full pallet two weeks ago when I was there

I ordered mine online.  They came in 3 days

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 4:19 PM, lefthack said:

I don't buy my golf balls or toilet paper at Walmart for the same reason. Has little to do with the brand at all, actually.

Costco at least pays employees appropriately, so they do get some of my money, just not my golf related money.

My wife works for Walmart...makes 75k a year plus 6k in stock each year. Not bad.... and the toilet paper at my Walmart and the great value brand tp is made in my hometown. My milk and cheese is made in my hometown too. Shop wherever you want but get your facts straight. Your tables, chairs, kayaks, basketball standards at Walmart are produced 15 miles from my house. Worldwide producer of those products. Back to Costco, they pay someone to produce that golf ball for their branding. Quality product at quality price. 

• Like 2

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update on the Kool Aid... I'm still drinking it and just refilled my glass.  

This balls is spectacular.  No complaints at all except wish they came in Srixon yellow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hateto3Putt said:

Love me a  Costco ball thread....bugs bunny fighting GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Huh? I haven't seen duck nor rabbit at my Costco... 😂

• Haha 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

35 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

Huh? I haven't seen duck nor rabbit at my Costco... 😂

They are in the cooler section

• Haha 1