Jump to content

I drank the Kool Aid... It's Kirkland flavored


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, lefthack said:

 

I corrected my original post because only some of the ball companies even make their own ball. 

 

I don't play balls labeled Kirkland because I want the ability to play balls not labeled Kirkland in the future.

 

Does that make more sense?

It makes sense in that I understand what you meant, but I would say that Titleist is a far bigger threat to become a monopoly in the golf ball world than the drop in the bucket that Kirkland ever will be.  If anything I see the Kirklands of the world (as well as Snell, Cut, etc.) as helping to level the playing field, not dominate it.

 

  • Like 4

Sto Pro Veritate

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cute, but Costco (nor Kirkland) manufacture anything.  They work with people who are already very good at what to they do to produce a high quality, low cost version to put their label on (often it's

Yesterday morning I was coming up 15 and my Ksig that I played for 27ish holes was sacrificed after hitting a bad shot into a green.  When getting on the 16 tee (205yd par 3) I pulled out another Ksig

Played with the Ksig today. Had my first birdie in a long time and nearly holed it for eagle on my approach shot. My only gripe is the sadness when I lost one, equal to the gamersoft, another beloved

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Girevik said:

It makes sense in that I understand what you meant, but I would say that Titleist is a far bigger threat to become a monopoly in the golf ball world than the drop in the bucket that Kirkland ever will be.  If anything I see the Kirklands of the world (as well as Snell, Cut, etc.) as helping to level the playing field, not dominate it.

 

 

When Kirkland becomes the "number one ball on tour", I guess we will know what's up.

 

I don't play Pro V1's because the last thing my game needs is a $4 ball to lose. 🤣

 

<edit> the NXT was alright, but I got them "near mint" for less than $.50/ball

Edited by lefthack

Taylormade M3 driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Taylormade GAPR Lo 19* Hybrid 

Taylormade GAPR Mid 21* Hybrid

KZG Forged Blade 4, 5, 7-PW

Mizuno MP-68 6 iron

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Lazrus 52/8 and 56/12 wedges

Nike Blue Chip 002 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, winegr said:

What’s the current take on the 3.2?  I hated the 3.1. Loved the 4 piece KSig. 
 

I’ve only played the 3.2 once and it was OK. Maybe still a little spinny on driver mishits versus a ProV?

Plays pretty much just like a ProV1 off the driver, more spin on iron shots. Go to youtube and watch the really good video that TXG did on it.

Driver: PING G425 LST
3 wood: PING 425 Max
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Ping 54, Taylor made Hi toe wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport
Kirkland Tour ball/Snell MTB-X

Link to post
Share on other sites

First time using the ball today… WOW. I am converted. Played just as a ProV for $1 a ball. Thank you Costco. 

  • Like 4

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w PROformance 65g X Shaft

Fairway Wood: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14* w PROformance 80g X Shaft tipped 1 inch
Irons:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
             Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades 4-9 w AWT 2.0 X Shaft                      
Wedges:  Vokey SM6 - 46*, 52*, 56*   SM7 - 60* w AWT 2.0 X and AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex shafts

Grips:   Karma Velvet 360 Standard +1 wrap
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1 Flow Neck w Custom DTG Smoke Shaft @ 33.75" w Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
Ball:  Kirkland Signature V3.2

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few friends been drinking that Kool-Aid too.  I am expecting someone to choke on the found in the rough dirty flavor. 😛

 

  • Haha 1
  • Titleist TS2 @10.25', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 @16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 - Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 Tensei White AM2 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 12:14 PM, gioreeko said:

V1 of the 3 piece didn't have any problems. The problem ball was V2 of the 4 piece. Some people got balls that had covers that weren't properly fused I guess, and would pretty much rip off after one or two hits. I got a double dozen and they were fine, but they refunded everyone's money. If you like the 3 piece, you should have tried the OG 4 piece, unreal ball! Longer than a ProV1, better spin, great durability. The V3 of the 4 piece is due any day now we're guessing, keep your eyes open.

Funny, V1 of the 3 piece was awful off driver for me

I think quite a few people were in the same boat, and spin seemed to be the big issue

Hopefully not the same with V2 of the 3 piece

 

loved V1 of the four piece

 

Yadi for President

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rp4golf said:

Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 09-50-10 totinos pizza - Google Search.png

 

I'm generally not a big fan of frozen pizza, but the Kirkland thin crust pepperoni pizza is pretty darn good for a frozen pizza. And it's a 4-pack for ~$15 IIRC. 

 

Not a fan of their take & bake pizza though. I'd rather order delivery from my local joint which might be more expensive, but is superb.

  • Like 4

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Toski 4w 16* w/ DG S300

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Odyssey White Hot XG #1 w/ SuperStroke jumbo

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

A few friends been drinking that Kool-Aid too.  I am expecting someone to choke on the found in the rough dirty flavor. 😛

 

One of guys in my group remarked recently that we’ve reached some sort of critical mass. We are now finding Kirkland balls in the woods and rough more often than any other brand except for Pro V1. Up until this year they were rare. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, North Butte said:

One of guys in my group remarked recently that we’ve reached some sort of critical mass. We are now finding Kirkland balls in the woods and rough more often than any other brand except for Pro V1. Up until this year they were rare. 

The courses I have beening playing it has been Callaway Supersoft #1 and Kirkland #2. Its Callaway 2 to 1 though. I don't find as many ProV's like I use to. I don't like the Prov's anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mvhoffman said:

First time using the ball today… WOW. I am converted. Played just as a ProV for $1 a ball. Thank you Costco. 

So let me elaborate a bit on my statement from yesterday...

 

From the 1st tee to the 18th no matter if it was Driver, 3 wood, 2 iron, whatever, the ball held a very stable consistent mid launch flight.  It did not balloon at all thankfully because as a high spin player already that was the only thing I was worried about.  What really got my attention with these balls was the 2nd shot in.  The launch off higher irons and wedges was high.  It was high but stable/consistent.  At no point did I lose the ball in meaning that I didn't over shoot or short side.  The ball was a higher flight but consistent with the yardage swing needed.  

 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the consistency of these balls really surprised me.  The steady consistency.  

 

Now lets talk durability... I used the same ball for 18 holes shooting a 74.  I hit a tree, it rolled across a cart path, and I hit many full wedge(Vokey) shots into greens.  The ball has 1 little scuff from a wedge.  Now the scuff is not big at all and to see it on the ball you really have to look for it.  The durability of this ball held up with some of the most durable balls that I have ever used.  I don't know if a premium ball would have held up this good actually.  I will add pictures to this post later.  

 

From my perspective, my own point of view, if you do not at least try these balls, you are doing yourself an absolute disservice.  

  • Like 4

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w PROformance 65g X Shaft

Fairway Wood: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14* w PROformance 80g X Shaft tipped 1 inch
Irons:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
             Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades 4-9 w AWT 2.0 X Shaft                      
Wedges:  Vokey SM6 - 46*, 52*, 56*   SM7 - 60* w AWT 2.0 X and AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex shafts

Grips:   Karma Velvet 360 Standard +1 wrap
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1 Flow Neck w Custom DTG Smoke Shaft @ 33.75" w Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
Ball:  Kirkland Signature V3.2

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mvhoffman said:

So let me elaborate a bit on my statement from yesterday...

 

From the 1st tee to the 18th no matter if it was Driver, 3 wood, 2 iron, whatever, the ball held a very stable consistent mid launch flight.  It did not balloon at all thankfully because as a high spin player already that was the only thing I was worried about.  What really got my attention with these balls was the 2nd shot in.  The launch off higher irons and wedges was high.  It was high but stable/consistent.  At no point did I lose the ball in meaning that I didn't over shoot or short side.  The ball was a higher flight but consistent with the yardage swing needed.  

 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the consistency of these balls really surprised me.  The steady consistency.  

 

Now lets talk durability... I used the same ball for 18 holes shooting a 74.  I hit a tree, it rolled across a cart path, and I hit many full wedge(Vokey) shots into greens.  The ball has 1 little scuff from a wedge.  Now the scuff is not big at all and to see it on the ball you really have to look for it.  The durability of this ball held up with some of the most durable balls that I have ever used.  I don't know if a premium ball would have held up this good actually.  I will add pictures to this post later.  

 

From my perspective, my own point of view, if you do not at least try these balls, you are doing yourself an absolute disservice.  

I play the Kirkland almost exclusively.  If I didn't get a ridiculous "fire sale" price on 12 dozen 2019 TP5's ($20/doz if I bought all 12 dozen) they would be my exclusive gamer.  TP5's and ProV1's were my gamer prior to KSig 3.2

Edited by wantacigar
Correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

I play the Kirkland almost exclusively.  If I didn't get a ridiculous "fire sale" price on 12 dozen 2019 TP5's ($20/doz if I bought all 12 dozen) they would be my exclusive gamer.  TP5's and ProV1's were my gamer prior to KSig 3.2

Very nice.  I honestly really haven't played a Pro V in years as I mainly played the TP5x when I played a premium ball, and these are right up with them.  I know Titleist is the gold standard when it comes to consistency in testing (as it deserves and should be) but I liked the click off of the TP5x on the irons and the soft feeling off of everything else.  When playing the KS yesterday from the moment that I hit it, I compared it more to a TP5x than a Pro V.

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w PROformance 65g X Shaft

Fairway Wood: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14* w PROformance 80g X Shaft tipped 1 inch
Irons:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
             Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades 4-9 w AWT 2.0 X Shaft                      
Wedges:  Vokey SM6 - 46*, 52*, 56*   SM7 - 60* w AWT 2.0 X and AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex shafts

Grips:   Karma Velvet 360 Standard +1 wrap
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1 Flow Neck w Custom DTG Smoke Shaft @ 33.75" w Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
Ball:  Kirkland Signature V3.2

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mvhoffman said:

Very nice.  I honestly really haven't played a Pro V in years as I mainly played the TP5x when I played a premium ball, and these are right up with them.  I know Titleist is the gold standard when it comes to consistency in testing (as it deserves and should be) but I liked the click off of the TP5x on the irons and the soft feeling off of everything else.  When playing the KS yesterday from the moment that I hit it, I compared it more to a TP5x than a Pro V.

Funny!  I thought they were more like the TP5 in the clickyness (word? LOL)  But totally agree with the performance aspects.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

Funny!  I thought they were more like the TP5 in the clickyness (word? LOL)  But totally agree with the performance aspects.

can't really go wrong with the TP5 balls.  They are fantastic

 

  • Like 1

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w PROformance 65g X Shaft

Fairway Wood: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14* w PROformance 80g X Shaft tipped 1 inch
Irons:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
             Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades 4-9 w AWT 2.0 X Shaft                      
Wedges:  Vokey SM6 - 46*, 52*, 56*   SM7 - 60* w AWT 2.0 X and AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex shafts

Grips:   Karma Velvet 360 Standard +1 wrap
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1 Flow Neck w Custom DTG Smoke Shaft @ 33.75" w Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
Ball:  Kirkland Signature V3.2

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Silentbob6 said:

Went to Costco today after reading this thread cause I ran out of my z star supply from last Father’s Day and they were all sold out. Had a full pallet two weeks ago when I was there

I ordered mine online.  They came in 3 days

  • Like 1

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w PROformance 65g X Shaft

Fairway Wood: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14* w PROformance 80g X Shaft tipped 1 inch
Irons:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
             Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades 4-9 w AWT 2.0 X Shaft                      
Wedges:  Vokey SM6 - 46*, 52*, 56*   SM7 - 60* w AWT 2.0 X and AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex shafts

Grips:   Karma Velvet 360 Standard +1 wrap
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1 Flow Neck w Custom DTG Smoke Shaft @ 33.75" w Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
Ball:  Kirkland Signature V3.2

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 4:19 PM, lefthack said:

 

I don't buy my golf balls or toilet paper at Walmart for the same reason. Has little to do with the brand at all, actually.

 

Costco at least pays employees appropriately, so they do get some of my money, just not my golf related money.

My wife works for Walmart...makes 75k a year plus 6k in stock each year. Not bad.... and the toilet paper at my Walmart and the great value brand tp is made in my hometown. My milk and cheese is made in my hometown too. Shop wherever you want but get your facts straight. Your tables, chairs, kayaks, basketball standards at Walmart are produced 15 miles from my house. Worldwide producer of those products. Back to Costco, they pay someone to produce that golf ball for their branding. Quality product at quality price. 

  • Like 2

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a little update on the Kool Aid... I'm still drinking it and just refilled my glass.  

 

This balls is spectacular.  No complaints at all except wish they came in Srixon yellow.

 

 

  • Like 1

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w PROformance 65g X Shaft

Fairway Wood: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14* w PROformance 80g X Shaft tipped 1 inch
Irons:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
             Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades 4-9 w AWT 2.0 X Shaft                      
Wedges:  Vokey SM6 - 46*, 52*, 56*   SM7 - 60* w AWT 2.0 X and AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex shafts

Grips:   Karma Velvet 360 Standard +1 wrap
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1 Flow Neck w Custom DTG Smoke Shaft @ 33.75" w Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
Ball:  Kirkland Signature V3.2

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hateto3Putt said:

Love me a  Costco ball thread....bugs bunny fighting GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

 

Huh? I haven't seen duck nor rabbit at my Costco... 😂

  • Haha 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Toski 4w 16* w/ DG S300

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Odyssey White Hot XG #1 w/ SuperStroke jumbo

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, betarhoalphadelta said:

 

Huh? I haven't seen duck nor rabbit at my Costco... 😂

They are in the cooler section

  • Haha 1

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w PROformance 65g X Shaft

Fairway Wood: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14* w PROformance 80g X Shaft tipped 1 inch
Irons:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
             Tommy Armour Silver Scot Blades 4-9 w AWT 2.0 X Shaft                      
Wedges:  Vokey SM6 - 46*, 52*, 56*   SM7 - 60* w AWT 2.0 X and AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex shafts

Grips:   Karma Velvet 360 Standard +1 wrap
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1 Flow Neck w Custom DTG Smoke Shaft @ 33.75" w Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
Ball:  Kirkland Signature V3.2

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Post in Generation 3 P790 in 2021?
      Post in Generation 3 P790 in 2021?
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • 2021 3M Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #4
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #5
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #6
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #7
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #8
       
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #1
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #2
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #3
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #4
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #5
       
       
       
      TaylorMade MG3 wedges - 2021 3M Open
      Mizuno 225 2 iron - 2021 3M Open
      TaylorMade Mini Driver - 2021 3M Open
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2021 3M Open
      New Odyssey putter cover - 2021 3M Open
      Bettinardi wedges - 2021 3M Open
      Rypstick training aid - 2021 3M Open
      Bettinardi putters and covers - 2021 3M Open
      Kuch putting right armlock - 2021 3M Open
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 TPC Colorado Champ. @ Heron Lakes WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #1
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #2
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #3
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #4
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #5
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #6
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #7
       
      Titleist T200 2& 3 irons - 2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes
       

       

       
      • 16 replies
    • 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos- Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here.
       
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #1
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #2
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #3
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #4
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #5
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic
       

       
       
       
       
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 Travelers Championship - Discussion & Links
      2021 Titleist T100 irons (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      2021 Titleist T100S irons (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      2021 Titleist U 505 (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      Mitsubishi Tensei K series (red, white & blue US Open) shaft - 2021 Travelers Championship
       
      Rickie Fowler's custom Cameron putters - 2021 Travelers Championship
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2021 Travelers Championship
       
      2021 Travelers Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Travelers Championship - Tuesday #2
       
      • 20 replies

×
×
  • Create New...