2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist TSI3

FairwayFinder11

I just swung the TSI3 and was pretty amazed by how fast it was.  Currently in a M3 with a xflex kbs TD shaft.   Ball speed was consistently 5-7 better even on mishits.  Going to try and swing one again on a monitor outside and see how it feels. 

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

23 hours ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

G410 Plus w/ Tensei CK 60 orange stiff shaft came in today.  Brought it out for a range session and was not blown anyway by any means.  While it felt comfortable and familiar coming from the G400 Max, I did not see much difference.  The shaft was certainly more stable feeling compared to the Alta cb 55.   SIM Max should be in tomorrow and I’ll probably take it out for 18.  Will report back.  

Brought the original SIM Max with ventus blue out to the range today and....DING DING DING we have a winner folks.   Quite frankly it was no contest.   The feel, sound, and “pop” that you feel when you hit the sweet spot is unlike any other driver.  I felt so much more confident and felt like I could rip a 300 yarder on any given swing.  My mishits were not being punished either, I hit one off the toe that still traveled 250+ with a baby draw.  The SIM Max is going in the bag and doubt it will be leaving any time soon. 

On 6/10/2021 at 4:19 PM, FairwayFinder11 said:

G410 Plus w/ Tensei CK 60 orange stiff shaft came in today.  Brought it out for a range session and was not blown anyway by any means.  While it felt comfortable and familiar coming from the G400 Max, I did not see much difference.  The shaft was certainly more stable feeling compared to the Alta cb 55.   SIM Max should be in tomorrow and I’ll probably take it out for 18.  Will report back.  

Why the G410 Plus with that low end shaft? Alta CB no better. And why that autobot transformer Sim Max?

Your G400 Max rocks? Please post your LM numbers.

UPDATE: welp folks, after playing 36 holes with the SIM MAX, I am officially retiring the damn thing.  I’ve never hit more off line shots in my life than with this driver.  I mean when I would miss, it was a HUGE MISS.  It’s an incredible driver packed with tech, but for whatever reason it’s not clicking for me.  I know it’s more my mechanics than anything else, but I’m making the decision to cut my losses on it.  I will now be going back to the G410 Plus with the Tensei CK 60 Orange.  Coming from the G400 Max I think the 410 should give me that familiar feel back and bring my scoring back to my average.  I lost a good 5-6 strokes per round based on the bad driving with the SIM.  Very disappointed, but you never know if a club is right for you unless you get out there and give it a shot. Luckily I’ll be able to send it back for a full refund. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/4/2021 at 8:00 AM, tsecor said:

whoa...just saw this......good move.....keeping the $560 was a smart move because no club is worth it....unless you are guranteed to score 10 strokes better because of the club, the money can be spent on something better......I still play the 910 D3 because it goes just as far as the new TSi drivers when hit the same.......why wasted 500+ on one club that does nothing to make you score better.    

Heh. So true. The 910 is a fantastic club

Oh the trials and tribulations of a clubho lol

TM M5 9* Fuji Tour Spec 63x Mizuno ST190 15* Tensei White 7x TM M1 Hybrid 19* Fuji Atmos blue x Mizuno 919 tour 7-pw Nippon Modus 120x Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 3-6 Nippon Modus 120x Cleveland RTX4 52,56,60 DG Tour Issue S400 Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball TM TP5

Been wanting to try a TSi3 for a while now.  Been playing a Mavrik with the evenflow riptide shaft.  Got the Tsi with a tensei shaft admittedly lighter than I should be playing but was testing it.  Got a heavier hazardous shaft and cant stop hitting duck hooks with it after missing right with the standard mavrik.  When it does go straight its a beaut.  Gonna try some more shafts cause I love the look at address.  

Edited by Phil_I_am 84

I was playing a Ping G410 LST and had difficulty with transitioning to the lower headweight of the TSI3.

I ordered a heavier (I think 12g - 4g over stock) weight, and it made a big difference.

I still miss it -- especially at the beginning of a round -- but once I get to the back, I am generally crushing it.

Titleist TSR3 9* (+1, neutral), Ventus Red TR 6X

Callaway X2Hot pro 3Deep 14* with Aldila Tour Green 75 S

Titleist T200 3i and 4i, Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist T100 (2020) 5-PW, Project X Precision 6.0

PXG Sugar Daddy 50, 54, 58

Taylor Made Spider

Tsi3 is a fantastic driver.  I’ve done a ton of tinkering with shafts on it to see which works best.  The three that by far were the best for me were Ventus black 6x tipped 1/2”, tensei raw white 2.0 tx and tensei raw blue tx tipped 1/2”.   I ended up going with the tensei raw blue since the numbers were almost identical to Ventus black and it comes with no upcharge of $300.  The raw white 2.0 tx was good but not as good as the other two for me.  I did however get fit into the raw white 75 2.0 tx in my tsi2 fairway.  

TM M5 9* Fuji Tour Spec 63x Mizuno ST190 15* Tensei White 7x TM M1 Hybrid 19* Fuji Atmos blue x Mizuno 919 tour 7-pw Nippon Modus 120x Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 3-6 Nippon Modus 120x Cleveland RTX4 52,56,60 DG Tour Issue S400 Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball TM TP5

UPDATE:  after testing the SIM Max, Epic Flash, TS2 and G410 Plus....I’m going with G410 Plus.  The forgiveness and comfort level i have with it coming from the G400 Max is what did it for me.  I also like the shaft, Tensei Orange 60 at only 45” (g400 max was 45.75”).  Remind me again to never leave Ping woods. 

• Like 1

I haven't sold on my Ping G410 LST yet -- just in case the Titleist infatuation wanes....😀

Titleist TSR3 9* (+1, neutral), Ventus Red TR 6X

Callaway X2Hot pro 3Deep 14* with Aldila Tour Green 75 S

Titleist T200 3i and 4i, Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist T100 (2020) 5-PW, Project X Precision 6.0

PXG Sugar Daddy 50, 54, 58

Taylor Made Spider

28 minutes ago, COL_B said:

I haven't sold on my Ping G410 LST yet -- just in case the Titleist infatuation wanes....😀

My experience has been once you go Ping, it’s very hard to move on to something else.  The consistent performance and something about the feel of them is unmatched IMO.  Especially in the woods and irons.  Wedges/putters, I think there’s better options out there. Personally I play Vokeys and have a Spider

5 hours ago, IUPGolf said:

Tsi3 is a fantastic driver.  I’ve done a ton of tinkering with shafts on it to see which works best.  The three that by far were the best for me were Ventus black 6x tipped 1/2”, tensei raw white 2.0 tx and tensei raw blue tx tipped 1/2”.   I ended up going with the tensei raw blue since the numbers were almost identical to Ventus black and it comes with no upcharge of $300.  The raw white 2.0 tx was good but not as good as the other two for me.  I did however get fit into the raw white 75 2.0 tx in my tsi2 fairway.  

I have the TSi3 with the AV Raw White Stiff flex, and struggle to hit it consistently.  I've been thinking of getting a Ventus blue 6s, tipped an inch.  What is your driver swing speed?  Do you load the shaft hard, or more of a smoother transition?  

Thanks,  Rod

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rwhitlock said:

I have the TSi3 with the AV Raw White Stiff flex, and struggle to hit it consistently.  I've been thinking of getting a Ventus blue 6s, tipped an inch.  What is your driver swing speed?  Do you load the shaft hard, or more of a smoother transition?  

Thanks,  Rod

I had the same set up. I have a 105 swing speed. Felt like it was just too much work for me to put a good strike on the ball.  But when I did it was a beautiful penetrating straight shot.  Ended up going back to the easiest possible driver for me to hit - G410 Plus

Edited by FairwayFinder11
  • Like 2

Thanks,  Rod

I’m in the 110 range but I’ve always struggled to keep my spin down with the driver and 3 wood.  I have a slightly quicker transition.  If you have a quicker transition I’d stay away from the Ventus blue.  I know some guys that have a more moderate tempo but like the feel of a more butt stiff club went with Ventus Red and tipped it 1”-1.5”

Edited by IUPGolf

I played the G410+ plus today (ventus blue 6s) and hit a lot of good drives.  Dispersion was better than the TSi.  I'm thinking of returning the TSi and getting the In Store credit..  I just can't bring myself to get another Ventus in hopes that I hit the TSi better.  Even when I do flush a TSi it's 10 maybe 15 yards further than G410.   My confidence in the Ping is high right now..

• Like 1

Today's players drivers are high MOI and forgiving.  I recall TSi3 is pushing 5k. Can you get a higher MOI?  Yes, but just remember 5k is probably higher MOI than anything 10 years or older except for the g20 and the square drivers. And with all these forgiving clubs the average golfer score has not gotten better in 40 years. Interesting. 

And yes I am roughly making this assumption off memory and not interested in looking up the exact numbers. 

Edited by Wooderson

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

2 hours ago, rwhitlock said:

I played the G410+ plus today (ventus blue 6s) and hit a lot of good drives.  Dispersion was better than the TSi.  I'm thinking of returning the TSi and getting the In Store credit..  I just can't bring myself to get another Ventus in hopes that I hit the TSi better.  Even when I do flush a TSi it's 10 maybe 15 yards further than G410.   My confidence in the Ping is high right now..

My mishits with the G410 Plus vs mishits with TSI, SIM Max , and Epic flash are night and day.  I feel like if I just put an average strike on the ball it’s going to go straight, maybe just miss fairway.  That’s what I’m looking for when it comes to playing 18 and trying to score.  I do all my business (scoring) inside 150 yards.  I just want a driver that’s simply going to put me in that position more times than not. Everything else aside from the PING feels like a liability in that regard.  Couldn’t give a F if the others get me an additional 10+ yards or lower spin or whatever.  Gimme straight, forgiving, and fairways hit all day every day. 

Edited by FairwayFinder11

20 minutes ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

My mishits with the G410 Plus vs mishits with TSI, SIM Max , and Epic flash are night and day.  I feel like if I just put an average strike on the ball it’s going to go straight, maybe just miss fairway.  That’s what I’m looking for when it comes to playing 18 and trying to score.  I do all my business (scoring) inside 150 yards.  I just want a driver that’s simply going to put me in that position more times than not. Everything else aside from the PING feels like a liability in that regard.  Couldn’t give a F if the others get me an additional 10+ yards or lower spin or whatever.  Gimme straight, forgiving, and fairways hit all day every day. 

I hear you on that.  I scored well today and it was a result of my driver not putting me in any trouble.  I have lots of confidence in the Ping and a feeling of waiting for the foul ball to show up with the Titleist.  That nagging voice in my head says the foul ball is a result of the shaft and I need to put a Ventus in it.. it's only money, right?  lol  

39 minutes ago, rwhitlock said:

I hear you on that.  I scored well today and it was a result of my driver not putting me in any trouble.  I have lots of confidence in the Ping and a feeling of waiting for the foul ball to show up with the Titleist.  That nagging voice in my head says the foul ball is a result of the shaft and I need to put a Ventus in it.. it's only money, right?  lol  

Don’t do it.  It ain’t the shaft. It’s the head.  The ping head is just that much more forgiving.  

10 hours ago, FairwayFinder11 said:

That was with G400Max and the flimsy Alta cb55 shaft. Also just one shot. 

I looked at the printout again. It looks to me like the Titleist is 38.5 yards offline whereas the Ping is 18.5 yards offline. We have nothing else to go on, but the one shot with each shaft/head combo. Didn’t the fitter provide you with your average results with each club? 

57 minutes ago, Moonlightgrm said:

I looked at the printout again. It looks to me like the Titleist is 38.5 yards offline whereas the Ping is 18.5 yards offline. We have nothing else to go on, but the one shot with each shaft/head combo. Didn’t the fitter provide you with your average results with each club? 

Oh yes sorry had that backwards.  For some reason he didn’t send me the averages.  Bottom line I’m never leaving Ping drivers again. Learned my lesson. 

• Like 1

I like my TSi3 a lot. I have just a bit of trouble turning the ball over to the left when needed which is weird since it's my normal shot shape. Took some getting used to  actually aiming down the middle instead of the right edge of the fairway but I tend to hit it very straight to a 5 yard cut at most and consistently around 270. SS around 100.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

Lots of fast faces out there right now, and honestly, I think Ping is on the bottom end of that list, BUT they DO make up for it in forgiveness... no question.  That said, I was like you in thinking, "why do I ever leave Ping drivers?!"... I currently have a TSi2 that I was fit for, a G400 Max that I tinkered with till it was right, and now a Mavrik that I bought OTR and have since done a little tinkering with.  I have to say, I am getting the Mavrik dialed in and I don't think I have ever seen such a neutral ball flight.  There is really a lack of leak in the ball either way and my misses are purely on me.  Feel and sound are miles better than the Ping and I have hit more long drives in a given round with it.  This could end my Ping run!  Though, I wont get rid of the Max, it is going to sit for now.  

A lot of it comes down to the right fit, either by a professional or knowing your own game enough to dial it in.  Poorly fit clubs will just give you a headache.

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"