Bryson having fans removed for saying “Brooksie” to him...

physasst

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

What’s the point though ?  He should just live with it for every event because they purposely encourage behavior at waste management that would get you arrested on the side of the street in most towns ? 

maybe he plays Phoenix. Maybe he doesn’t.  Doesn’t make their behavior ok in public  because exceptions get made that week.  

It's mob rules, if you don't understand that I cannot help you.  I didn't day it was fair, I didn't say it was right.  I have seen enough mobs in my lifetime and dealt with them during and in the aftermath.  Bryson is giving them exactly what they want.  By showing it affects him the mob will continue to do it.  Tossing a few fans out will only fuel the fire for the thrill seekers and idiots that want their one second of fame and try to claim 1st amendment to get out of it.

These are the same idiots that if it got them a second of fame would fire in a crowded theater.  You are dealing with the lowest common denominator, our society created these people.  They see others that are famous for being famous and they think they can get a piece of the pie or will achieve some glorious place in the world and become famous, even if it is for only a second.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

1 minute ago, driveandputtmachine said:

It's mob rules, if you don't understand that I cannot help you.  I didn't day it was fair, I didn't say it was right.  I have seen enough mobs in my lifetime and dealt with them during and in the aftermath.  Bryson is giving them exactly what they want.  By showing it affects him the mob will continue to do it.  Tossing a few fans out will only fuel the fire for the thrill seekers and idiots that want their one second of fame and try to claim 1st amendment to get out of it.

These are the same idiots that if it got them a second of fame would fire in a crowded theater.  You are dealing with the lowest common denominator, our society created these people.  They see others that are famous for being famous and they think they can get a piece of the pie or will achieve some glorious place in the world and become famous, even if it is for only a second.

Well. We agree there.  100 %. I guess we would have to talk about the fix in private as it would violate rules.  🤫😎

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 6/4/2021 at 7:33 PM, stingerfade said:

According to him he said he knows “nothing” about it and doesn’t care. 

hmmm then why is your caddy pointing them out? 

He’s so full of BS and one big phony act

seems like that’s the American way now is to do something we all see and then lie and deny it? 

C'mon man.......no need to bring politicians into this 😉 

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

17 hours ago, TiScape said:

If a fan yelling “Brooksie” at you is a determinable factor in your play/performance… You might have bigger issues to address.

This right here. So many snowflakes in this thread. 90% of a golf tournament in person is pretty dull and relaxed. Obviously there are going to be more crowds and noise the higher up you go on the leaderboard. The last thing golf needs is more rules that make it more boring and more inaccessible to outsiders. 

• Like 3

On 6/5/2021 at 10:53 PM, Go Cougs said:

The way toc quoted my post out of context, he actually was drawing a parallel between the pressures faced by Bryson and Tiger.

I was drawing no such parallel.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

On 6/6/2021 at 3:31 AM, mahonie said:

Driver...wedge....driver...wedge...driver...wedge...it’s a complete bore-fest.

Fairways are typically 60 yards across and they still cannot hit the short stuff a lot of the time. Only defence is stupid green speeds. It turned me off watching the PGA Tour a long time ago and now the European Tour is being dragged down the same path. 

PGA Tour has dumbed the game down to the lowest level possible to attract the maximum possible dollar. This ‘manufactured’ spat between two crass individuals who are the ‘future’ of the game is what you get. They’ve worked out that you need something to talk about as the golf itself is so boring.

Then why aren't you out there if it's SOOOO easy? Just because the literal best players in the WORLD make a game that's hard for you look easy doesn't mean anyone is dumbing anything down. 

Imagine something being so boring and terrible that you post about it on a forum. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I do not take it that way.  I think it is more of a good natured ribbing. The last thing golf needs is more starch white "aww shucks" guys. I think it's good. Keep in mind, Brooks didn't ask any fans to call him this. They did at the PGA, Bryson over reacted, it went viral, and now here we are. Brooks hasn't helped the situation at all, but man, so what. It's okay to NOT LIKE some of your fellow players. In fact, I would argue that the best in any sport typically had disdain for fellow competitors. Tiger was NEVER, until recently, kind to his competitors, and showed outward disdain for people like Sergio and even Poulter. Michael Jordan? He hated his competitors, he not only wanted to beat you, he wanted to embarrass you and bury you. He showed outward disdain to everyone...even his own teammates. (Partly why Lebron will never be Jordan). It's not like saying "Brooksie" to Bryson on the tee is calling him some foul name or threatening him or anything. I swear people are getting way, way too sensitive about everything now. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSi3 driver AV Raw White 65g 

Titleist TSi3 3W AV Raw White 65g

Titleist TSi3 3H  AV Raw HY 75g

PXG Gen 5, 0311T 6-AW, 0311P 4-5

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

Just now, bladehunter said:

What about acting like an adult inhibits outsiders?    Unless you’re calling all outsiders idiots. Which I wouldn’t agree with.  I’m an outsider myself who’s manages to not yell or throw feces.  😂.  It can be done.  

I tend to not yell at people when they're working.  Maybe that's just me.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

7 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Well. We agree there.  100 %. I guess we would have to talk about the fix in private as it would violate rules.  🤫😎

Fix?  LOL, there isn't a fix.  A person is smart, but people are dumb, mob following idiots and we both know it.  It won't change, people want to yell stupid stuff and tell their friends that was me you heard right there on TV or on that internet clip or wherever it is aired.

The Master's has good fans.  Why? Because it is a hard ticket to get and they track your info.  If you are kicked out once you are never allowed back.  No other tournament has the same type of challenge to get tickets and therefore it's no big issue if you get kicked out.   You can go back the next year, someone else buys the tickets, they aren't checking ID when you go in, just your ticket.  

I also agree with some others in here, if a player is so mentally weak that you want someone tossed out for calling you Brooksie you have a problem.  Without the fans, no matter what they are saying, Bryson doesn't have a job.  None of the players have a job, as a professional athlete you are subject to this, it just took longer to make it's way into golf.  

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

5 minutes ago, physasst said:

I do not take it that way.  I think it is more of a good natured ribbing. The last thing golf needs is more starch white "aww shucks" guys. I think it's good. Keep in mind, Brooks didn't ask any fans to call him this. They did at the PGA, Bryson over reacted, it went viral, and now here we are. Brooks hasn't helped the situation at all, but man, so what. It's okay to NOT LIKE some of your fellow players. In fact, I would argue that the best in any sport typically had disdain for fellow competitors. Tiger was NEVER, until recently, kind to his competitors, and showed outward disdain for people like Sergio and even Poulter. Michael Jordan? He hated his competitors, he not only wanted to beat you, he wanted to embarrass you and bury you. He showed outward disdain to everyone...even his own teammates. (Partly why Lebron will never be Jordan). It's not like saying "Brooksie" to Bryson on the tee is calling him some foul name or threatening him or anything. I swear people are getting way, way too sensitive about everything now. 

Comparing Brooks to tiger is a false equivalency ..... tiger did it without personal insults.  ( unless provoked-  looking at you Stephen aimes) Brooks a tiger looks for someone to talk smack about.  But not the good  kind like two brothers do. The kind where he’s serious but acting like he’s kind of kidding.  But you know he’s not. But he keeps that excuse just in case.  Like he did with DJ. He has little man syndrome.  He’s Uber talented. But his self esteem is low.  Otherwise he wouldn’t start this crap. 

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

What about acting like an adult inhibits outsiders?    Unless you’re calling all outsiders idiots. Which I wouldn’t agree with.  I’m an outsider myself who’s manages to not yell or throw feces.  😂.  It can be done.  

People are acting like this happens on every shot on every hole and right in the middle of every backswing. 

It feels like people on this forum like to get big mad about complete non-issues. 

Just now, smturner1203 said:

People are acting like this happens on every shot on every hole and right in the middle of every backswing. 

It feels like people on this forum like to get big mad about complete non-issues. 

I’m afraid you misread me. This isn’t “ big mad “. This is just me trying to understand how the sloth  mind works.  ( not you ).  I seriously don’t get the mindset of a human who acts that way.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Blade, like I said in another post, the entitlement of some here on WRX is strongly apparent. Their pathetic and entitled that think everyone should accept their buffonish behavior. I guess they took it too literal when their moms told them they were special. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, bladehunter said:

I’m afraid you misread me. This isn’t “ big mad “. This is just me trying to understand how the sloth  mind works.  ( not you ).  I seriously don’t get the mindset of a human who acts that way.  

The common reasoning on here is that everyone is just doing it for social media clout. Which somewhat makes sense, but people have been yelling this crap for YEARS. I'm not condoning it, nor have I done it, but at the end of the day it's pretty harmless. Especially the whole Brooksy thing. I'm sure there's more to that story, but we haven't been shown anything more than soundbites. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Blade, like I said in another post, the entitlement of some here on WRX is strongly apparent. Their pathetic and entitled that think everyone should accept their buffonish behavior. I guess they took it too literal when their moms told them they were special. 

You seem like the kind of person who yells at their server (who makes $2.13/hr) when your steak comes out medium rare instead of well done with ketchup. 

3 minutes ago, smturner1203 said:

The common reasoning on here is that everyone is just doing it for social media clout. Which somewhat makes sense, but people have been yelling this crap for YEARS. I'm not condoning it, nor have I done it, but at the end of the day it's pretty harmless. Especially the whole Brooksy thing. I'm sure there's more to that story, but we haven't been shown anything more than soundbites. 

And there’s our solution.  If Twitter etc went away , the earth instantly becomes a better place.  I’d run for dog catcher on that platform.     I’ll repeat. Human evolution peaked around 1999.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

7 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Yep.  None will admit to yelling. But we have too many apologists for some not to be yellers.   How about owning it , so we may start a dialogue in hopes of understanding the high.   

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

6 minutes ago, smturner1203 said:

You seem like the kind of person who yells at their server (who makes $2.13/hr) when your steak comes out medium rare instead of well done with ketchup. 

Another false equivalency. The server doesn't cook the steak and even if they did, it's an accident. Acting like a jackass is not accidental. 

If you think it's acceptable to act like a buffoon in public then you have to face the consequences. Why not just grow up! 

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Comparing Brooks to tiger is a false equivalency ..... tiger did it without personal insults.  ( unless provoked-  looking at you Stephen aimes) Brooks a tiger looks for someone to talk smack about.  But not the good  kind like two brothers do. The kind where he’s serious but acting like he’s kind of kidding.  But you know he’s not. But he keeps that excuse just in case.  Like he did with DJ. He has little man syndrome.  He’s Uber talented. But his self esteem is low.  Otherwise he wouldn’t start this crap. 

Brooks is exhibiting typical low self esteem, rich boy behavior.  I saw it when I played college golf, saw it on the mini tours, see it even today in local and state amateur events.

My wife has never like Bruce.  She's always called him Rose's sh!++y fiance(Titanic movie reference to the character played by BIlly Zane) because she saw a lot of similarities in the two. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Yep.  None will admit to yelling. But we have too many apologists for some not to be yellers.   How about owning it , so we may start a dialogue in hopes of understanding the high.   

Ill tell ya what, an underrated part of this thread is the  irony of being told how there is no place in golf for people yelling things, calling a golfer another name or other boorish behavior.....all while the same few just slay others they've never met with numerous insults, judgements and words worse than "brooksie"   

Edited by bubbagump
  • Like 1

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

24 minutes ago, tbowles411 said:

Of course. But as we know, the reality of big time professional sporting events isn’t exactly paralleled by the account crunching numbers in his cubicle. Obviously there shouldn’t be yelling/distractions during the swing,  don’t threaten a player or be vulgar. But simply saying  “Brooksie” to Bryson as he’s walking to the tee box or to his ball after a shot… I say deal with it. 

11 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

And there’s our solution.  If Twitter etc went away , the earth instantly becomes a better place.  I’d run for dog catcher on that platform.     I’ll repeat. Human evolution peaked around 1999.  

I just don't see a whole lot of clout to be gained by yelling "mashed potatoes." It's portrayed on here as being a low self-esteem, clout gaining, Tik Tok video tactic or something. 

What if it's drunk idiots being drunk idiots? What if it's some kids having a laugh amongst themselves? Is it somewhat annoying? Yes, definitely. Is it completely harmless? Also, yes. 

The PGA Tour would be nothing without fans. This is what you get when you have people at any entertainment event. 

I just don't understand the outrage, cancel fans, throw them out rhetoric. Sounds pretty entitled to me. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smturner1203 said:

I just don't see a whole lot of clout to be gained by yelling "mashed potatoes." It's portrayed on here as being a low self-esteem, clout gaining, Tik Tok video tactic or something. 

What if it's drunk idiots being drunk idiots? What if it's some kids having a laugh amongst themselves? Is it somewhat annoying? Yes, definitely. Is it completely harmless? Also, yes. 

The PGA Tour would be nothing without fans. This is what you get when you have people at any entertainment event. 

I just don't understand the outrage, cancel fans, throw them out rhetoric. Sounds pretty entitled to me. 

spacer.png

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

22 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Oh agreed, I think he should just ignore it and play golf. Yes, Tiger did it without insults...but he also seriously disliked multiple players on tour. Brooks is a cocky a**. I was a really talented tennis player in high school and college, I saw guys like him all the time. I wouldn't hang out with him...As far as tournaments? I don't yell at tournaments, it's just not my style, but I also don't get mad at people that do as long as they aren't doing it in the middle of someone's swing and aren't threatening or yelling obscenities. I've golfed with people who drink the whole round and can barely drive the cart near the end. I've golfed with people who play pranks the whole round and don't care what they shoot (actually quite a few like that), I've golfed with people who are competitive and serious, golf isn't one thing. Competitive golf isn't one thing....The point is....For some people, golf is just a means to drink beer, get away from the family and wife, and act like they are at a fraternity house. It's not my style, but I'm not going to judge what makes someone else happy, as long as it is not over the line...

• Like 1

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

38 minutes ago, tbowles411 said:

I practice Physical Medicine at a world class medical facility.  I practice predominantly in non operative spine care.  I see chronic pain virtually all day long.  I get yelled at constantly all day long.  I get called all kinds of names, I have had threats made against me and my family, it is not just golf.  Society as a whole is really changing.  I do agree with Blade in regards to that.

M

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls