2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bryson having fans removed for saying “Brooksie” to him...

physasst

32 minutes ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Brooks is exhibiting typical low self esteem, rich boy behavior.  I saw it when I played college golf, saw it on the mini tours, see it even today in local and state amateur events.

My wife has never like Bruce.  She's always called him Rose's sh!++y fiance(Titanic movie reference to the character played by BIlly Zane) because she saw a lot of similarities in the two. 

Thanks you.  I’m not defending either. I think both are cringe worthy at best .  But Brooks has tripped my spidey senses from day 1.  More I think on it , the more I know it’s like Brandel is saying.  It’s the bully in him.  

I’ve kind of walked in between worlds on that vein.  I was a recruited jock In school. But a very quiet reserved guy because of my home life.  ( I know - hard to believe.  Making up for   lost words I guess ).  Because of this I’ve run into a lot of this type treatment.  Only one way to stop it.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

34 minutes ago, bubbagump said:

Ill tell ya what, an underrated part of this thread is the  irony of being told how there is no place in golf for people yelling things, calling a golfer another name or other boorish behavior.....all while the same few just slay others they've never met with numerous insults, judgements and words worse than "brooksie"   

Who have I slayed ?  The imaginary yelling fan ?  So far none have come forward.  I’ve tried hard to explain myself without being personal to anyone.  If you read carefully you’ll see I’ve said (not you ) or ( not you personally ) when I’ve said anything remotely insulting.    

what I can’t get is why it bugs you that yelling bugs me ?   

true opinion. I’d bet we don’t disagree on much in person.  I’d bet a lot.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

29 minutes ago, physasst said:

Oh agreed, I think he should just ignore it and play golf. Yes, Tiger did it without insults...but he also seriously disliked multiple players on tour. Brooks is a cocky a**. I was a really talented tennis player in high school and college, I saw guys like him all the time. I wouldn't hang out with him...As far as tournaments? I don't yell at tournaments, it's just not my style, but I also don't get mad at people that do as long as they aren't doing it in the middle of someone's swing and aren't threatening or yelling obscenities. I've golfed with people who drink the whole round and can barely drive the cart near the end. I've golfed with people who play pranks the whole round and don't care what they shoot (actually quite a few like that), I've golfed with people who are competitive and serious, golf isn't one thing. Competitive golf isn't one thing....The point is....For some people, golf is just a means to drink beer, get away from the family and wife, and act like they are at a fraternity house. It's not my style, but I'm not going to judge what makes someone else happy, as long as it is not over the line...

Yea. That’s me. As long as it’s not across the line.  

but it just so often is.  I’ve told the story once.  But short version.  Paid big $ for a semi private balcony set of seats for a concert.  Sure enough.  I’m seated with the biggest drunk in the place.  Long story short 3 songs in he pours a full beer into his wife’s purse.  Leaks all over our feet.  Next 10 minutes he rubs my kids head ( he was 8 ) and then pours his second beer across me and on my wife while dancing around.  We left .  And I’ve never been to another live concert. And probably will not.  I paid extra because I know I hate drunks.  Still couldn’t escape them.  Am I wrong ?  Maybe so.  But I can’t see a pathway to change my mind.  Just being honest.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

39 minutes ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

If you allow people to yell "Let's go Brooksie" at a golf tournament the next thing you get is this:

r610465_1296x729_16-9.jpg.36c04b20bf26d973a17f21010ea22323.jpg

Really? That's taking a rather large leap there....

Titleist TSi3 driver AV Raw White 65g 

Titleist TSi3 3W AV Raw White 65g

Titleist TSi3 3H  AV Raw HY 75g

PXG Gen 5, 0311T 6-AW, 0311P 4-5

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

11 hours ago, smturner1203 said:

This right here. So many snowflakes in this thread. 90% of a golf tournament in person is pretty dull and relaxed. Obviously there are going to be more crowds and noise the higher up you go on the leaderboard. The last thing golf needs is more rules that make it more boring and more inaccessible to outsiders. 

If your purpose is to make the tournaments more accessible to outsiders so as to include these types of classless idiots, then the game was better last year without fans.

Edited by rp4golf
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

You guys that want to give a pass to fans being obnoxious and purposely heckling, like purposely calling a player by a different name seems are missing the big picture. 

Even if you set aside any traditions from decades past that drive behavioral expectations of fans, golf is far different from other sports.  Golf continues to be unique in that it gives fans unprecedented close access to the golfers.  There are no strong physical barriers such as; plexiglass, boards, concrete barriers, rails set in concrete , chain-link fences etc.  There are no security forces that surround and guard the action of play.  Golf fans are often just a few feet from the golfer, making it a much more intimate and personal experience than attending other sports.  It should be viewed as a privilege, not a right and a license to act like a buffoon. 

In the past there was always a natural force, probably driven by respect and human decency, to treat that space as an invisible barrier between the fan and the golfer.  What we've seen over the last couple of decades is a significant degradation of that barrier.   That combined with fan engagement in the tensions (real or fake) between Brooks and Bryson, I fear we are headed toward things getting out of hand.  Once things get out of hand, perhaps a golfer even assaulted on the course, I can guarantee you that fans will lose that privilege of close access.  I don't see how letting a tiny minority ruin it for everyone else is going to benefit golf in the long run.

Just look at what's going on in the NBA right now with unruly fans.  It's disgusting and people are acting like a bunch of entitled, obnoxious jerks.

Amen.  Great point. 

As this behavior grows , how much more security will be needed ?  Will they need less than lethal weapons ?  At some point the tour becomes liable , right ? 

take the Phil win.  And the mob.   At first I loved the scene.  It was organic.  But.  Huge BUT.  The person in me that hates crowds has been thinking more snd more about how dangerous that is.   I’m sure each major is now upping the security budget to try to keep that from happening again.  

I mean for instance they’ve mostly stopped rushing the field at college football games. How ?  An army of security present to form a human wall.  Do we want to see that in golf ? I don’t. Do we want to see the ropes moved back 50 yards with a wall of yellow shorts guarding it?  Doesn’t make sense.  

at any rate , I’m very open and interested to hear from one of these hecklers.  I’d love to know what goes through the mind of one, hold up some ink blots , and ask about their parents.   I suspect a hug and some assurance that they’ll  be ok , might help that behavior quite a bit.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

17 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

If you allow people to yell "Let's go Brooksie" at a golf tournament the next thing you get is this:

r610465_1296x729_16-9.jpg.36c04b20bf26d973a17f21010ea22323.jpg

English people turning up?

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

3 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

You guys that want to give a pass to fans being obnoxious and purposely heckling, like purposely calling a player by a different name seems are missing the big picture. 

Even if you set aside any traditions from decades past that drive behavioral expectations of fans, golf is far different from other sports.  Golf continues to be unique in that it gives fans unprecedented close access to the golfers.  There are no strong physical barriers such as; plexiglass, boards, concrete barriers, rails set in concrete , chain-link fences etc.  There are no security forces that surround and guard the action of play.  Golf fans are often just a few feet from the golfer, making it a much more intimate and personal experience than attending other sports.  It should be viewed as a privilege, not a right and a license to act like a buffoon. 

In the past there was always a natural force, probably driven by respect and human decency, to treat that space as an invisible barrier between the fan and the golfer.  What we've seen over the last couple of decades is a significant degradation of that barrier.   That combined with fan engagement in the tensions (real or fake) between Brooks and Bryson, I fear we are headed toward things getting out of hand.  Once things get out of hand, perhaps a golfer even assaulted on the course, I can guarantee you that fans will lose that privilege of close access.  I don't see how letting a tiny minority ruin it for everyone else is going to benefit golf in the long run.

Just look at what's going on in the NBA right now with unruly fans.  It's disgusting and people are acting like a bunch of entitled, obnoxious jerks.

Great post. I totally get it. The idiots yelling nonsensical things at tournaments and acting like buffoons makes me SMH and wonder what kind of person does that kind of thing. I don’t necessarily view what’s going on with Brooks and Bryson in that same light though. Calling him ‘Brooksie’ feels so benign to me. Also more tolerable for me because I feel like he deserves it. Yes I understand it’s hypocritical, and I get you can’t have it both ways. Just how I feel. 

Edited by TiScape
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

take the Phil win.  And the mob.   At first I loved the scene.  It was organic.  But.  Huge BUT.  The person in me that hates crowds has been thinking more snd more about how dangerous that is.   I’m sure each major is now upping the security budget to try to keep that from happening again.  

Amen to that. Difference for me is I thought it was out of control from the second I witnessed it! 

• Thanks 1

I absolutely believe B & B are laughing all the way to the $40,000,000 bank..............or at least what chunk they can get of it.

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

20 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Comparing Brooks to tiger is a false equivalency ..... tiger did it without personal insults.  ( unless provoked-  looking at you Stephen aimes) Brooks a tiger looks for someone to talk smack about.  But not the good  kind like two brothers do. The kind where he’s serious but acting like he’s kind of kidding.  But you know he’s not. But he keeps that excuse just in case.  Like he did with DJ. He has little man syndrome.  He’s Uber talented. But his self esteem is low.  Otherwise he wouldn’t start this crap. 

Yep, Tiger just dealt with death-threats

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

I absolutely believe B & B are laughing all the way to the $40,000,000 bank..............or at least what chunk they can get of it.

I don’t think so. I sense these two legitimately can’t stand each other. Just my opinion. We’ll most likely never know. Unless video comes out down the line of them meeting in a dark alley in the middle of the night to divvy up the cash! 😂 

20 hours ago, smturner1203 said:

People are acting like this happens on every shot on every hole and right in the middle of every backswing. 

It feels like people on this forum like to get big mad about complete non-issues. 

It literally happens on every single televised shot by the leaders on the weekend. Every shot there's a moron yelling idiocy. Every shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

I'd welcome people yelling "Let's go Brooksie" at me while I worked if I got paid millions of dollars while I was doing it.

Funny I was thinking this too. Heck I have to tune out stuff all the time at work from bad music, loud people in the office next to me etc etc.  And really?  This guy who, if memory serves, was the topic of a thread on here about whether or not he was changing the game can't tune out "lets go Brooksy"?  Really?  

It's funny becuase it's something different than mashed potatoes and baba booey, give it 10 years and "go Brooksy" will get the same eye roll and groans.  

5 hours ago, Murphy76 said:

Yep, Tiger just dealt with death-threats

Right.  That’s my point.  Brooks cries every few minutes about someone.  Tiger meanwhile had half a population hate him.  Plus Phil’s constant talking to deal with 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

It literally happens on every single televised shot by the leaders on the weekend. Every shot there's a moron yelling idiocy. Every shot.

Amen.  It’s nuts. It’s even on putts now.  Putts they yell mashed potatoe.  😳 I don’t know.  It truthfully worries me on a larger level than golf.  I mean  they drive and vote.  And procreate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 6/6/2021 at 9:28 AM, bubbagump said:

It just boils down to tolerance, and that varies wildly between people to include players.  If I'm purchasing a ticket to a public, professional sporting event attended by thousands of randos, its understood what that could come with.  I get people don't associate golf on the same levels as NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL etc, thats cool but others do and the PGA seems to be wanting to trend in that direction given its recent decisions.  I'm not a yeller by any means, but if its within the confines of the ticket, have at it...Ill live and it wont ruin my experience.  If it does for another...your choice is mute it or I guess maybe stand near the green or fairways or narc to a marshall and see what happens.  It's really such a small blip in the context of attending a round, that gets focused on.      

It's also key to understand like you mentioned, these "tools" are the vast minority of the crowd for the most part.  It's really not the actual plague that it gets made out to be.   

The tools are the minority. Have you never been to an event?

On 6/6/2021 at 9:53 AM, bubbagump said:

That is also another part of this overlooked imo, quality and timing.  Bababoeey guy at the tee just carries on a dumb bit each week, Brooksy @ Bryson was pretty funny the first time, and now his alleged poor reaction to it is what carries it on imo. 

But moments like this, live forever:

spacer.png 

Yea that guy is a top of the line doosh bag 

If BDC played any other sport he'd try to have 95% of opposing fans ejected because "Brooksie" is about as mild as it gets. LeBron probably gets insulted 10x harder at church on Sunday.

I do suspect that the BDC vs BK is being somewhat hammed up, though their dislike for each other (or rather, BK's dislike for BDC) predates this "engagement bonus" thing by a year or more. As a fan, I think it's becoming tired. If it's 90% golf and 10% insults / Twitter drama then that's fine, but I think the ratios are close to reversed. At this point I don't want to see or hear a word from BDC unless he's on the golf course or delivering a public service announcement for autism awareness.

14 minutes ago, tw_focus said:

If BDC played any other sport he'd try to have 95% of opposing fans ejected because "Brooksie" is about as mild as it gets. LeBron probably gets insulted 10x harder at church on Sunday.

I do suspect that the BDC vs BK is being somewhat hammed up, though their dislike for each other (or rather, BK's dislike for BDC) predates this "engagement bonus" thing by a year or more. As a fan, I think it's becoming tired. If it's 90% golf and 10% insults / Twitter drama then that's fine, but I think the ratios are close to reversed. At this point I don't want to see or hear a word from BDC unless he's on the golf course or delivering a public service announcement for autism awareness.

Did you find your cat yet? He's closer than you realize. 

image.png.f88b79b399a8e45e389ea1107bb60ca1.png

18 minutes ago, tw_focus said:

🤣

This lady stickin it to Bron!

Edited by bscinstnct