ASK QUESTIONS: Cobra King 3D Printed Putters! Live In The Forum On 6/11!

Posted (edited)

1517705690_ScreenShot2021-06-07at4_25_56PM.jpg.b3b2dec85c0846867984d31a07b1e985.jpg

The new Cobra King 3D Printed putters were just announced and if you didn't see our launch article, take a look below! These are generating a lot of buzz in the forum right now and we want to make sure that everyone has all the information they want! This is a revolutionary way of creating golf clubs and we know you have some questions, so please ask now!

Cobra King 3d Printed Putters

We are going to have the experts from Cobra Golf live in this forum on Friday June 11th, answering all of your questions on the new putters! If you have any questions on the technology packed into these putters and how they can help your game, now is the time to ask! Get your questions in now to make sure that you are included in the bonus giveaway!

Who is On The Panel?

Tom Olsavsky - Vice President, R&D

Mike Yagley - VP, Innovation & AI

Jose Miraflor - Vice President, Marketing & Product Architecture

Caitlin Farley - Manager, Product Marketing

When is it?

Friday, June 11th @ 11am ET / 8am PT

Bonus Giveaway

We are giving 2 lucky members who ask a question a chance to win a Pop Top Mini Speaker and Cobra hat! Ask your questions now for your chance to be entered!

Giveaway winners will be picked at random and is for good-standing members in the USA only please. 

Edited by knudson81
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you to everyone who participated in this morning's 3D Printed Putters forum. There were some really great questions and we had fun answering them for you all. We appreciate your support and look

Great question on interchangeable weights on the 3D Printed putters... could be a 2nd or 3rd generation addition, stay tuned! 3D printing allows us to move weight low and to the perimeter in the head

We are super excited to announce that Tom Olsavsky (Vice President, R&D) and Mike Yagley (Vice President, Innovation & AI) as additions to Cobra's panel tomorrow. They will join Jose Miraflor

Posted Images

In addition to engineering and marketing, how much input was received from the Cobra Tour staff on the designs? 

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Futura Phantom
Pro V1

Any plans to move forward with 3D printed metal a la National Custom Works?

TEE C721 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 X

TEE XCG 13* Whiteboard 73S PUREd

PING G425 Crossover 2i Alta CB S

PING i210 4-U DG 120 S

PING Gorge Tour 54*

Cleveland RTX Full Face 58*

PING 2021 Tyne 4 34"

Taylormade TP5x Pix

Posted (edited)

Can the shiny/brushed silver topline for these 3D printed putters be personalised/customised before purchase? (similar to taylormade MySpider). I would quite like a flat matte-black topline (and it would enhance the focus on the alignment line)

Sure I could grab a spray paint can for that topline, but...

Early youtube reviews seem to indicate a consensus/worries that the silver topline could be distracting due to some glare (one of the few rare “cons” from the reviews). Very interested to see & try these in-person, hopefully these will be widely available at retail outlets

Edited by JungleJimbo

What can be done to adjust the weighting and balance? I tried one at a local golf shop last week and the contact off the face felt great, but the material was far too light for my liking creating a weird balance vs my preferred feel, almost like it was face heavy. Also, what advantages does the 3d printing bring versus traditional material construction? I was a bit sticker shocked to say the least, as I would have expected the value in 3d printing to come in the $. 

Hello Jose and Caitlin, My question is how much time and research has been given to knowing which materials to use to make sure the putter heads wll one be durable enough and two using said materials help with weighting of the putter head? Where there any issues with the heads being to light?

Thanks, Tim

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

Why don't the different models (normal, one length & armlock) have different stock lie angles? In my experience, the longer the putter, the more upright the lie angle needs to be in order to position the ball normally without having to contort my stance/grip into something that feels unnatural.

I have a few questions as im very interested in these! Will aftermarket weights be available for these just like the vintage line? Second,  tech wise, what does the 3d printing actually offer? I believe claim is weight saving, but wouldnt a hollow, or nothing where the 3d material is be even better? Not to sound critical, just trying to understand. Does it offer better feel? I think the 3d printing is cool just trying to understand more about it. 

Last, more of a custom options question. The agera is available as “one length” (37.5”). Would it be possible to get the supernova in that spec? 

Would I be able to order one with my specs?

39.25" long

518 grams total weight

77 degree lie angle

12 degree toe hang

Oversize round grip

Thanks!

Driver Maltby KE4 w Aeortech Steelfiber SS65 shaft 46.5”
3 wood Rogue subzero 15 degree with Paderson KG70 F30
Hybrids: 3, 4 and 5 Rogue with Steelfiber HLS980 shaft
Irons: 6 through wedge PXG 0311 with Steelfiber i110cw shaft
Wedge: 50 deg 10 deg bounce MacDaddy 4 S Grind
Wedge: 56 deg 10 deg bounce Jaws S Grind
Wedge: 62 deg 10 deg bounce MacDaddy 4 C Grind (bent to 62 degrees from 60 degrees)
Wedges with steelfiber i110 shafts.
Putter: Strokelab EXO 7; 39.25 inches; 77 degree lie angle; Takimac arthritic grip

We are super excited to announce that Tom Olsavsky (Vice President, R&D) and Mike Yagley (Vice President, Innovation & AI) as additions to Cobra's panel tomorrow. They will join Jose Miraflor (Vice President, Marketing) and Caitlin Farley (Manager, Product Marketing) to answer your questions about the Cobra King 3D Printed putters!

• Like 1

The 3D printing seems like a very cool idea and I’m sure a lot of thought and research went into these. Are there any plans for more Flowneck style putters?  Those fit MY style and it seems like most putter makers stay away from those except in mallet form.

Congrats on the great lineup of products this year. 

DriverPXG Gen4 0811x (10.5) / Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green Small Batch PVD 60 (6.0)
Fairway:  Taylormade Sim Max Rocket (14) / Aldila Tour Blue 65 (stiff)

Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5) / Hzrdus Red 75 (6.0)

Hybrid:  Cobra F7 3-4 (20.5) / Aldila Tour Blue 85 (stiff)
Irons:  Mizuno 921 Hot Metal (5-Gw) / Project X LZ 6.0 Black
Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw (54/12) / Nippon Modus 125w
Wedge:  TM Hi-Toe (60/10) / KBS Hi Rev 2.0

Putter:  Mannkrafted MA/55 (Custom)
Bag:  Bennington LQO-9

How long have you been developing this line that incorporates the 3D printing tech?  Any unexpected impacts on the sound/feel that needed to be worked through during the prototyping process?

TaylorMade SIM 8* - Aldila Rogue White 60TX

TaylorMade SIM 17* - Aldila Rogue White 70TX

PING G410 Crossover 19* - Project X 6.5

PING i210 4-U - Project X 6.5

PING Glide 3.0 54WS, 60SS - Project X 6.0

PXG One & Done

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

Good morning,

Anticipating the success of your new putter lines, do you plan to invest more in putter customization? Will customers be able to order their custom specs (i.e. 33"/68*) along with different shaft/grip options?

Will we be seeing more 3D printed steel heads like the Supersport-35?

Cobra SZ Extreme SB HZRDUS Smoke Green

Cobra SZ Big Tour 3w SB HZRDUS Smoke Yellow

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5w SB HZRDUS Smoke Green

Callaway X Forged UT 

Callaway X Forged CB 4-5

United SBB1 6-PW

Vokey SM8 50°

Vokey SM8 Slate Blue 56°

Bettinardi Queen B 6

On 6/8/2021 at 7:42 AM, NAM2212 said:

What advantages do the 3D printing process being to the putters compared to older processes? 

3D printing allows us to move weight low and to the perimeter in the head which promotes better roll and higher forgiveness respectively. And… it really helps with overall putter stiffness and preventing the head from sounding like a cowbell. With putters... We don't need more cowbell.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, bvmagic said:

Assuming 3d printing makes the putting manufacturing process easier to design / customize, do you think in the future you would give the customer more control into the design and offer greater customization?  

We are always looking to the future. The question is typically how much cost/time to do? It's not like just stamping a wedge, so there are many things to look into that keeps us busy. There are only a few machines for metal printing. Polymer printing is much more cost effective and available.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:14 AM, JungleJimbo said:

Can the shiny/brushed silver topline for these 3D printed putters be personalised/customised before purchase? (similar to taylormade MySpider). I would quite like a flat matte-black topline (and it would enhance the focus on the alignment line)

Sure I could grab a spray paint can for that topline, but...

Early youtube reviews seem to indicate a consensus/worries that the silver topline could be distracting due to some glare (one of the few rare “cons” from the reviews). Very interested to see & try these in-person, hopefully these will be widely available at retail outlets

That topline alignment is a satin finished aluminum. We received positive feedback from tour with the cosmetic as the black alignment has high contrast against the satin finish. Also, the alignment line has a constant curve to it to reflect light away from the user. As to custom options... It is something we're looking at for future. In the meantime, car guys have pretty good luck with vinyl overlays and Plasti Dip.

Edited by COBRA PUMA GOLF
  • Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 8:42 AM, sosob34 said:

I like the look of the Grandsport 35. What are the main benefits/advantages over a standard blade putter? With the lattice work on the back of the putter, is their any issues with debris or water settling in and causing issues? Thanks.

This is true Form follow function. You'll notice the footprint at address is traditional, but all the magic happens when you look at the back view. The reason the putter is 'thicker' is to provide space for all that tungsten! Cap it with the lightweight aluminum crown, stiffen/tune it with the 3DP nylon lattice and you have the construction of the future.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:50 AM, TWshoot67 said:

Hello Jose and Caitlin, My question is how much time and research has been given to knowing which materials to use to make sure the putter heads wll one be durable enough and two using said materials help with weighting of the putter head? Where there any issues with the heads being to light?

Thanks, Tim

Hi Tim,

Engineers are always studying materials, choosing material for its strength-to-weight ratio for a benefit in weighting is what they do in designing all products. The putter weights over the years have gotten heavier and our designs hit the weight targets easily. Benefit High MOI, solid feel, great roll.