2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Callaway pick a pro - Free driver promo

Yuck

6 hours ago, Cha43 said:

Has anyone gotten any correspondence after the conclusion. It’s been a week since the end of the tournament I have called the number for customer service get told that I should hear something in the next 10 days. I entered online an got a conformation of my pick of Rahm. Starting to think something is not right. 

I think you are safe if you purchased the driver in store, and provided all the necessary info online. I think the only people that need to be concerned are those that mailed in their entries.

Contest terms indicated 30 days for notification. It’s not even been a week yet……

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Timing for notification still looks like the end of next week, or sooner.

Hello, 

Thank you for participating in the "If Callaway Wins, You Win" US Open promotion.   We are currently reviewing all the submitted entries to validate potential winners.   This process may take up to 7 business days.   Once the validation process is complete, you will receive an email confirmation if you have qualified as a winner.   If you qualified for a free driver, we will include instructions for next steps.   We appreciate your patience while we go through the validation process and thank you for choosing Callaway golf! 

Links Unlimited on behalf of Callaway Golf
Customer Care: 1-877-884-0048

Thank you,

Meghan Downing
Links Unlimited
1101 Regina Graeter Way
Cincinnati, OH 45216
Corporate Website: www.linksunlimited.com
Links Catalog: http://catalog.linksunlimited.com  
Event gifting:  http://eventgifting.linksunlimited.com/eventgiftin

I mailed in, and called them the Monday after the tournament and the lady said it would probably be two weeks before we hear back. 

She said they had 2 people to go thru 1000+ mail in entries. 

I've been religiously checking my Promo and Spam folders in my email to make sure I don't miss it. 

On 6/24/2021 at 3:59 PM, Anser3 said:

Were we allowed 2 entries per address as long as they were from different folks ?  I picked Phil (it was my heart pick).  My wife picked Rahm (integrity pick).  same street addresses, differnt phone numbers and e-mail addresses used.  I typed it out on paper and submitted each one separately.  I guess we will wait and see.  But if my wife's pick is out already, I'd like to know now.  LOL 

I'm pretty certain it said one per household

54 minutes ago, cleverprimate24 said:

I'm pretty certain it said one per household

Someone can correct me if this is wrong, but I'm pretty sure the fine print simply stated that you can only have one WINNER per household.  So if you sent in multiple entries for each person in your house and more than one of you chose Rahm, then they would not honor multiple winners.  Based on how I read it, you could have multiple entries per household and still have ONE of them win.  

At least that's what I'm hoping for since that's exactly what we did, and of course I selected Rahm on one of them.

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8*, Tour AD-VR 6s
Titleist TSi2 16.5*, Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist TSi2 18*, Tour AD-DI 85s Hyb
Callaway ‘24 Apex Pro 5-AW, MMT 95s
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws Full Toe 58c, KBS TourV 110
Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to participate, as set forth below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/household/address, regardless of method of participation (i.e., if two (2) individuals at the same address both purchase a Promotional Item (as defined below), only one (1) is eligible to enter the Promotion).

Ping G400 Max 10.5, Ventus Blue 6S

TM Stealth 3 wood, Tour AD DI 7X

Callaway UW 21, Project X HZRDUS RDX Black

Mizuno CLK 25 Hybrid, Ventus Blue HB 10-X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 4-PW, AMT White X100

Ping Glide 3 56 Eye2

Cleveland RTX-4 60.03

Seemore PCB

12 minutes ago, PittShark said:

Someone can correct me if this is wrong, but I'm pretty sure the fine print simply stated that you can only have one WINNER per household.  So if you sent in multiple entries for each person in your house and more than one of you chose Rahm, then they would not honor multiple winners.  Based on how I read it, you could have multiple entries per household and still have ONE of them win.  

At least that's what I'm hoping for since that's exactly what we did, and of course I selected Rahm on one of them.

That's the million dollar question, right?  The rules also say "one entry per person per household" which means that each person can only submit one entry form on behalf of themselves, and only one person in each household can enter the contest.  I think the purpose of the rule is two-fold: (1) to prevent multiple winners per household, and (2) to prevent people from increasing their chances of winning.

So, the question is whether if someone who lives in a household with 7 people who submitted one entry for each person, covering off all 7 Callaway staffers (one of whom was Rahm), they would have multiple entries for the same household (which is not allowed) but only one winner for the household (which is allowed).  Will Callaway deem the one person who chose Rahm a winner or will that person be DQ'd because there were multiple entries for that household?

A related question is whether someone who lives in a household with 4 people submitted 4 entries, all for Rahm.  Are all 4 people DQ'd, or will Callaway allow one person to win (which complies with the one winner per household rule).

We shall see . . . 

1 hour ago, mattt987 said:

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to participate, as set forth below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/household/address, regardless of method of participation (i.e., if two (2) individuals at the same address both purchase a Promotional Item (as defined below), only one (1) is eligible to enter the Promotion).

I assumed that if multiple entrees were received in a single household, all would be eliminated.  Because of that, I discouraged my wife from entering.  I hope she listened.

1 hour ago, PittShark said:

Maybe you're right, I may have misread it.

Callaway Mavrik 9* Sub Zero here. Currently setup with sleeve at 1* up and draw setting. Heavy weight is in the back. Hitting this driver very well. 

I’d been trying to dial in the shaft between rogue, rouge max and Recoil. All are stiff flex.  Recoil is the easiest to swing and turnover. Rogue Max is the longest. No issue pitting any of the three in play.

Tried a 10.5* Mavrik Max with the same shafts as above and the stock 50 something gram projectX in reg. This driver seemed short to me so I moved to the sub zero.

With that info, which 2021 Callaway driver and shaft should I select?

Edited by Cwing

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

10 hours ago, Cwing said:

Callaway Mavrik 9* Sub Zero here. Currently setup with sleeve at 1* up and draw setting. Heavy weight is in the back. Hitting this driver very well. 

I’d been trying to dial in the shaft between rogue, rouge max and Recoil. All are stiff flex.  Recoil is the easiest to swing and turnover. Rogue Max is the longest. No issue pitting any of the three in play.

Tried a 10.5* Mavrik Max with the same shafts as above and the stock 50 something gram projectX in reg. This driver seemed short to me so I moved to the sub zero.

With that info, which 2021 Callaway driver and shaft should I select?

You probably want the Epic Speed, not sure about shaft though. 

4 hours ago, player922000 said:

You probably want the Epic Speed, not sure about shaft though. 

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

No clue why my comment wasn’t included there (^). Also, it would not accept comments when I tried to edit.

That stated, what about the Speed compares favorable to the mavrik sub zero?

Edited by Cwing

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

16 minutes ago, Cwing said:

No clue why my comment wasn’t included there (^). Also, it would not accept comments when I tried to edit.

That stated, what about the Speed compares favorable to the mavrik sub zero?

based purely on comparables I think the Max LS is closest so I guess it depends what you’re looking to get out of it. If you just want low spin and adjustable then the max LS is the one. If you make consistent center face contact and are a better player/low handicapper you could gain the most benefit out of the speed. You’d be best off trying them all out and looking at numbers. 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:22 PM, PittShark said:

On 6/30/2021 at 1:40 PM, Yuck said:

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to participate, as set forth below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/household/address, regardless of method of participation (i.e., if two (2) individuals at the same address both purchase a Promotional Item (as defined below), only one (1) is eligible to enter the Promotion)

The rules say that "if two (2) individuals at the same address both purchase a Promotional Item (as defined below), only one (1) is eligible TO ENTER the Promotion)."

It doesn't say that only one (1) is eligible "TO WIN."

Based upon that, I'm guessing that Callaway will take the position that if two people at the same address sent in entries (whether by purchase or mail-in), then both entries are disqualified and void. That's probably what takes 14 business days for them to get back to us, i.e., they not only have to sort out those that picked Rahm but also have to make sure that no one else attempted to enter from that same address.

And, just a guess here, but I have to believe that they will require some sort of proof that each winner is who he/she says he/she is and will require winners to send a copy of their driver's license and/or some other sort of proof (e.g., utility bill) in order to claim the prize.

If I remember correctly I think the fine print says you have until July 15th to claim your driver once you are notified by email. Given a previous post within this thread from an email correspondence they said up to 14 business days to process all the submissions. My guess is they will wait until as late as possible (late this week) to notify in the hopes that people will fail to claim before The deadline. I’m sure if you are anyone reading this thread you will know soon after people start getting notifications. 

• Like 1

I’m in the Cincinnati area. I’m going to go get my driver today!!!! Lol!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Pretty interested in seeing what comes of this too. My father and I both entered and had Rahm, separate houses of course. I just told him that it seemed like there was so many ways callaway could get out of this, like subject to availability, they wouldn't acknowledge that they actually received your submission, and a few other things. 

I worry that even though we wrote our email addresses clearly, how would they differentiate between a zero and letter o? 

But I am staying optimisitic and watching this thread and my email pretty closely. I have been entering these free driver giveaways for the last 3-4 years since I found out about them and have never been close to winning. hahaha. 

Cheers, hopefully it works out for all of us!