Another Bad Seller, CLEMSON316

Posted (edited)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had to open a PayPal claim with this member.  CLEMSON316  He answered my WTB ad, and sold me a Spider X putter and didn't deliver on his end of the sale.  He had positive  feedback, a longtime member, great pictures, and good messages back and forth before the sale.   However, once receiving the payment, went silent, not responding to PM or personal emails over a 2 week period.  He also has a @pga.com email address and has been on here since receiving payment and going silent.  

Edit:

I forgot to mention that He agreed to ship on the next day after receiving payment.  I waited another 12 mailing days and he decided not to ship it for whatever reason.

Edited by tdeutmeyer
Added info.
  • Like 2
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely not. 

No. If guy can be active and Wrx he can respond. So no, he doesn't get benefit of the doubt for 2wks.

The answer to your question is “absolutely not”.   I see you have zero feedback, so I’ll explain. Selling on WRX is not difficult. At all. Post something when you are available to ship. Sell

Is there any formal process for buying here? 

I know on Reverb they act as a 3rd party holding the money until the buyer receives / approves the product. 

I know on Ebay I've had a couple returns lately that went shockingly well. So longs as tracking info is provided things go smoothly and disputes are really nicely coordinated. I've been on both sides of that. Worst case, you talk to a real human!

SIM Dr (10.5o) (Tensei Pro Orange 60TX)
SIM 3w (17o) (Tensei Pro White 60TX)

M6 7w (21o) (Diamana Blue 70S)

z785 (4-Pw) (Modus3 Tour120)
SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
Newport 2 Select

Interesting....just from reading your post and not knowing anything else, is it worth giving him the benefit of the doubt since it's been just 2 weeks? I know 2 weeks seems like a long time (it seems forever when you're waiting on something to arrive, trust me, I know!) but it really isn't as long as it feels.

Were you able to determine if he ever sold any other items here or was this his first transaction? Obviously if there were others who didn't have any issues you have more hope.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this, what a disappointment! It would be nice if an escrow payment arrangement was started, I'd support any effort you initiate.

20 hours ago, putterboy75 said:

Interesting....just from reading your post and not knowing anything else, is it worth giving him the benefit of the doubt since it's been just 2 weeks? I know 2 weeks seems like a long time (it seems forever when you're waiting on something to arrive, trust me, I know!) but it really isn't as long as it feels.

Were you able to determine if he ever sold any other items here or was this his first transaction? Obviously if there were others who didn't have any issues you have more hope.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this, what a disappointment! It would be nice if an escrow payment arrangement was started, I'd support any effort you initiate.

I forgot to mention that He agreed to ship on the next day after receiving payment.  I waited another 12 mailing days and he decided not to ship it for whatever reason.

21 hours ago, putterboy75 said:

... is it worth giving him the benefit of the doubt since it's been just 2 weeks?  ...

Since it was conveyed that the shipment would happen the next day after receiving the money absolutely not.  Unless communication was set up prior to the sale that shipment would happen at a later date all purchased items should go out no more than a day.  If an unfortunate event happens that may delay shipment the buyer has every right to know about that.  Most buyers would be understanding of an unplanned crisis.  At the worst case the seller should refund the purchase if they cannot ship the item immediately.

I travel for a living and if I sell something that I cannot send immediately due to being on the road on a project I will convey that to the buyer up front.  I have sold several items on this site and always have shipped and provided the tracking number no later than the next day.  Most of the time I was able to get items out the same say and provide tracking.  I always ship USPS priority mail so the items should not be more than three days but once the USPS has the package it is out of my hands.  If packages take longer that is a USPS issue.

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 9.0°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW:  Ben Hogan 1999 Apex blade E (PW) bent to 50°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW & LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 56° (bent to 54°) / 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)

Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5 stand bag

Moved to Deal/No Deal.  Please keep us posted as to status and resolution.

Taylormade Sim2Max, 9.0*, Diamana ZF 60S
Taylormade SIM, 15* & 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S

Taylormade Sim2 Max 4H, Ventus Blue S
Taylormade P790 5-iron, Nippon Pro Modus 105S +1"

Taylormade P770 6-PW, Nippon Pro Modus 105S +1"
Callaway Jaws MD5 52* DG 115 +1"
Callaway MD4 56* & 60* DG 115 +1"
Taylormade Del Monte 7, 35.25" SS Claw 2.0

23 hours ago, putterboy75 said:

is it worth giving him the benefit of the doubt since it's been just 2 weeks?

No. If guy can be active and Wrx he can respond. So no, he doesn't get benefit of the doubt for 2wks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I bought a set of No.1 grips from him and while it took longer than expected they arrived without issue. 

Initial communication was great, have had absolute crickets since I sent payment

EDIT

This was just last week so it's clear that he did deliver.  As stated above communication leaves a lot to be desired

Edited by xabia

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
RadSpeed AD-HD 6TX
GAPR LO 2iron AD-DI 95X

HMB 3rion AD-DI 95X

Apex TCB Modus 120S

P770/P7MC Modus 105S

SM7 Raw 50F  / 54 F / 60 Low Bounce K 
Scotty Cameron X11.5

On 6/9/2021 at 1:18 PM, putterboy75 said:

Looks like the person hasn't shipped anything and isn't responding but's been active on login.... benefit of the doubt , i would think not! Not like OP has tracking and waiting to be delivered? 

On 6/9/2021 at 2:18 PM, putterboy75 said:

The answer to your question is “absolutely not”.

I see you have zero feedback, so I’ll explain. Selling on WRX is not difficult. At all. Post something when you are available to ship. Sell item, take item to FEDEX or USPS or UPS, ship it, take picture of the tracking info and send it to the buyer. It literally takes the common sense and courtesy of an 8 year old to make this go smoothly. 

I can see a circumstance where you posted something 20 days ago, and now someone wants to buy it, and you aren’t going to be able to ship because you’re out of town. Totally understandable. So here’s where it gets really crazy and complicated....you have to tell the buyer “I’m happy to sell it to you, but please know I can’t ship for 4 days. Does that work for you?” So, so simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...