Vessel Bags

I am considering getting one.  Are they really such high quality that the price is justified?

FWIW, I have been using a Ping Traverse for 3-4 years and it has been a solid bag.  My only gripe is that after about 2 years the structural part started to break down.  When I stand my bag on a level surface, it stands lopsided.  It's like the support poles/rods or whatever weren't very high quality.

But hey, I could just buy another Traverse and have it last me the next 3-4 years.  Should I pay twice that amount to get a Vessel?

Edited by abenjami

I've had the player III bag 14-way top for about two weeks now.  I can't speak to long term quality obviously but coming from a sun mountain 3.5 it seems very well built.

• Zippers: beefy, smooth and sturdy feeling and extremely satisfying to use.
  • Pockets/organization: very well thought out, love the magnetic range finder pocket, good size ball pocket but not huge.
  • Stand system: seems robust, with a slight push into the ground the legs shoot out and when it is picked up they snap back.
  • 14 way divider: still getting used to it, would get the 6 way if I were to do it again.  It is just more time consuming I find.
  • Materials: the faux leather exterior feels premium.  Mine came with a cart strap thing that protects against rubbing. Handles are beefy and comfortable.
  • Straps: very comfortable but it balances nicely when carrying.

Seems like it will hold up over time but we'll see.  Happy with it so far.  On the heavier side but the straps and balance off-set that mostly, for me anyways.

• Like 1

I think it's worth it as well. I have the Players III 6-way stand bag. Coming from a Titleist Hybrid 14. I have the white bag and it wipes down easily if it gets dirty. Pockets are well thought out. The carry straps don't tangle and twist. Overall, I'm glad I got it, and I think it's worth the money.

I just received a custom bag made by Vessel that was part of the swag of an event I was supposed to play in.

I have heard mixed reviews about Vessel. Most seem to like the look, feel, functionality but the durability gets the mixed reviews as those who use them on a cart tend to not like how it holds up. Mine did come with the cart strap protector as well so I guess this is Vessel’s way of addressing that issue. But I can understand if folks take the stance that a bag in this price bracket should be built well enough to handle everyday cart use without additional protection. 

Don’t think I would’ve dropped so much on a bag if it was a sole purchase but this was included in cost of entry so happy to have it. It’s a really sharp looking bag so I plan to put it in use when I actually get back to playing. I don’t ride much so don’t expect the cart wear to be a problem. 

Edited by GolfCsty

I second everyone else’s comments on quality.

I just cross-shopped the Vessel Lite (in white, just came back in stock) with the Ping CEL, and the difference in quality and feel was not even close.

The rip-stop material on the Ping felt like it would rip very easily.  The white synthetic leather on the Vessel feels much more substantial, looks like it will hold up very well to heavy use on the course. Honestly, the bag looks so nice that some dirt/stains/discoloration may just give it that patina/well-worn look.

Plus, the straps are so balanced and easy to adjust.... I’ve used Nike, Titleist, and Mizuno oem bags in the past, and I was always fussing with the straps.  I’ve only played one round with the Vessel, and it felt great from the get-go. 

The Ping CEL felt unbalanced... no matter how I adjusted it, it was always heavier on the right (club head) side.  Even with the extra 1/1.5 lbs on the Vessel Lite, it actually carried much more comfortably.

I would say it’s absolutely worth the two or three premium dozen balls worth of scratch.... I know I’m gonna be that much happier and confident carrying this bag than the other bags I’ve owned in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Black Players 2.0 14 Way in April and here are my impressions. 

- Quality of materials and zippers are first class (read about the cart strap issue and bought seat belt protector on Amazon…works great)

- like secure zipper pocket inside the large side pocket

- Stand system works well

- got both straps and use the single strap almost exclusively( easy to pop and store while on a cart)

- it just has a sexy/ wow factor!

Only negative is the 14 way top and slots could be a little bigger and may be on the Player III. We’ll see how long it 

lasts for the price.

Edited by memphishorn

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist 915F 15* (set 16.5*)Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist 904F 19* YS6 
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48/53 Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 56.10 SM6
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2018 35”
Vessel Player 2.0 14 way bag
Titleist Pro V1

I’m warming back up to my Players 3.  Had a fabric wear issue after 5 rounds that turned me off, but put it back in play.  I do like the layout and space of the 6 way top.  The water bottle pockets are bigger than others will say.  I can fit 2 24oz ThermoFlasks in them.  

TaylorMade SIM2 10.5*, Ventus Black 6X 
TaylorMade SIM2 3W 15*, Ventus Blue 7X
TaylorMade SIM2 3H 19.5*, Ventus Blue 9X

TaylorMade P770 4,5; P7MC 6-PW, DG TI X100
TaylorMade MG3 50 SB, 54 SB, 58 LB

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 (2021) / TaylorMade Spider X 

Vessel Player 3 DXR

1 hour ago, Dubv23 said:

Does anyone have the branded stand bags from gfore (transporter III) or Cobra that can comment on the four way top?  I’m curious how it performs compared to the 6 way top 

The lite Stand that I posted before has the 4 way top and its good. I think it has plenty of space for 14clubs. I have all midsize too and an orange whip in there. There is a little tangle but not too bad.

Question for anyone with the Lux XV cart bag - how many cans/bottles with ice will fit in the cooler pocket?

I was about to buy this bag and then finally saw one in person.  The cooler pocket seems rather small and looks like it holds only 2-3 cans max depending on how much ice you want in there.

I’ve had my Vessel bag for about 2 months now and here are my general observations:

1) This is the biggest drawback for me: it doesn’t fit on my push cart. I don’t know if this is a problem for everyone else but this a major problem for me as I walk about half the time. It’s too short height wise (which I should have thought of when I saw how far the clubs stick out) and the clubs lay against the top of the cart instead of the bag. I’m considering getting rid of it just because of this. How could they not have realized this when they engineered it?

2) I have the white Players bag and this thing is a pain to keep clean. You have to wipe it down all the time. Otherwise, it has dirt on it most of the time. 
3) It is a pain in the butt to pull up to a bag drop and ask the attendants to put the sleeve over the strap in order to put your bag on the cart. They look at you like you are crazy. I’ve started letting them load the cart and then doing it myself later. 

Overall I love the look and the material but it’s a lot of work to do for a bag that I used to do nothing to take care of. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, Chilidog said:

1) This is the biggest drawback for me: it doesn’t fit on my push cart. I don’t know if this is a problem for everyone else but this a major problem for me as I walk about half the time. It’s too short height wise (which I should have thought of when I saw how far the clubs stick out) and the clubs lay against the top of the cart instead of the bag. I’m considering getting rid of it just because of this. How could they not have realized this when they engineered it?

What Vessel and what cart do you have? My standard setup of a Vessel Player III and Clicgear 3.5 works and fits perfectly, its actually almost like they were designed to be put together with the way the top of the legs sit on the spot they do

Driver Cobra RadSpeed 9.0* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Fairway: Cobra RadSpeed 3w / Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Utility Srixon ZX 18* / Fujikura Ventus Black HB 10TX
Irons:  Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-PW / Project X LS 6.5
Wedges:  Mizuno T20 Raw 50, 54, 58 / Project X LS 6.0

PutterOdyssey Toulon Atlanta

9 hours ago, rooski said:

What Vessel and what cart do you have? My standard setup of a Vessel Player III and Clicgear 3.5 works and fits perfectly, its actually almost like they were designed to be put together with the way the top of the legs sit on the spot they do

Vessel Player 3 bag on a Bag Boy Nitron push cart.