102*F Heat Index W/High Humidity

I felt like I was being broiled on every hole! The lady in our group just quit playing after the second hole, it was that bad. I came somewhat prepared by being covered up head to toe. It was the humidity was that making it tough, as water was still everywhere from rain showers yesterday, and evaporating with the heat. I was pushing a cart, and nine was enough!! Next time out something iced down is coming for the ride.

Ping G Max 10.5

TM Sim Max 5 wd  

TM Sim Max 7 wd

Ping G410 4, 5, & 6 hy

Ping G 6-pw

Ping Glide 50* gw

MD5 54* 10ss

Toulon Columbus 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Women are smart. 😉

I don't find that play early helps at all. The humidity is at its highest from about 5am-10am and most days even the dew point is a couple degrees higher early than it will be in the afternoon. Also i

Honestly I never find a solution here in TX. I tell me wife all the time there just isnt a good way to not need more water. I eventually just simply cant drink more water without being sick. 

Posted Images

Looking at 110+ in Vegas this week. But I'll take that lovely dry heat any day over that fierce hot and humid I grew up in.

Godspeed, sir! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10.5°

Titleist TSi3 15°

Titleist TS2 18°

Taylormade P7TW 4-PW

Taylormade MG2 52°, 54TW°, 60TW°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

I have been in 130*F heat in Saudi Arabia, and that is brutal, but if your covered up, not so bad. This was bad. I did play well till the 9th hole melt down, but that was to be expected. 

Ping G Max 10.5

TM Sim Max 5 wd  

TM Sim Max 7 wd

Ping G410 4, 5, & 6 hy

Ping G 6-pw

Ping Glide 50* gw

MD5 54* 10ss

Toulon Columbus 

8 hours ago, numberonecoog said:

Honestly I never find a solution here in TX. I tell me wife all the time there just isnt a good way to not need more water. I eventually just simply cant drink more water without being sick. 

I hear you.  Teeing off today at noon, walking, and heat index will be 100+ entire round.  Only solution is find shade whereever possible, avoid unnecessary movements, drink as much (non-alcoholic) fluids as possible.  I wear the UV sleeve arm protectors which help too.

W/S Cortex 10.5* - Fuji Pro/S
W/S C300 13.5* - Fuji Pro/S
Callaway Apex Pro 20*/23* - MMT 80hy/S
W/S Staff Model MB 5-P  DGS300
W/S Staff Model 52/56/60 - DGS300
Stroke Lab Seven

11 hours ago, platgof said:

I felt like I was being broiled on every hole! The lady in our group just quit playing after the second hole, it was that bad. I came somewhat prepared by being covered up head to toe. It was the humidity was that making it tough, as water was still everywhere from rain showers yesterday, and evaporating with the heat. I was pushing a cart, and nine was enough!! Next time out something iced down is coming for the ride.

Cart please.  Yeah, walking in that type of humidity and weather is not good.  Lots of water and shade required.  I remember golfing in Japan, Korea and Maui during the summer.  It was fun playing.  Not so much sweating so much that I had to change my shirt after 9.  Showers after round are a must. 

Edited by phizzy30

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Tensei 1k 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

11 hours ago, platgof said:

If you walked in that kind of crap heat I just can't feel sorry for you Plat!😀

• Haha 1

Ping G410  10.5 Project X Evenflow 5.5

Ping G425 5 wood
Callaway Apex 21 , #4 Hybrid

Callaway Apex #5 Hybrid

Titleist 714AP2, 5-GW
Ping Glide
 58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

Played in a scramble last Friday and a dude had one of these in the basket of his cart, pointing forward of course.

Genius.

Jobsite Cordless Fan,  Variable

• Like 4

Titleist TS2
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black / SC Futura Phantom
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Oontz Angle 3 Ultra Duals

1 hour ago, North Butte said:

I don't find that play early helps at all. The humidity is at its highest from about 5am-10am and most days even the dew point is a couple degrees higher early than it will be in the afternoon. Also if there's going to be any breeze at all stirring during the summer it doesn't pick up until later in the day, early mornings are dead still. There's also the soaking wet grass because the irrigation system runs right before golf starts each morning.

I suffer less late in the day when it's a temp of 90F and heat index of 100F than early when it's 78F and 100% humidity. I sweat about as much as anyone I know and when it's that humid the sweat just pours off me continuously, into my eyes, onto my clubs and everything else. 

I feel your pain. I sweat from my head, and face profusely. It's a family curse. Hard to concentrate when sweat is literally pouring from my hat and face when I  am trying to putt.

17 minutes ago, muniman said:

I feel your pain. I sweat from my head, and face profusely. It's a family curse. Hard to concentrate when sweat is literally pouring from my hat and face when I  am trying to putt.

My father was the same (except he didn't play golf). When he was working in the yard or something during the summer he would just have a river running off his head and face the whole time. Unlike my father, we just pay someone to maintain our yard but I'm stupidly out there all summer on the golf course sweating like a horse anyway!

Being raised in Palm Springs I played in extreme heat every summer and it’s just something you know is going to bad. You can pre-hydrate, baste yourself in SPF 1000 sun block and wear the coolest clothes available and even then some days are going to be miserable if not unplayable. I stopped playing mid-round only one time because of the heat, but I was stupid enough to try to golf on the hottest day in recorded history- and it was like 90% humidity.

99DADB74-8D27-4B4A-89DE-DC1D6301FF0A.jpeg

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G425 5-SW, UST Recoil ES F4S

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I am certain that UAE in July and August is one of the worst places on Earth to be in in regards to high temps and humidity.  120 - 125 degrees and 90% or better humidity.  No evaporation is happening whatsoever so it is impossible to cool off.  I still love it there for the rest of the year and especially in the winter when it is in the 70's with low humidity.  Just gotta sweat it out in the summer months so it is what it is.  Kuwait is the highest temps that I have ever played in as it gets right up near 130* but it is dry most of the year and so long as you cover up your skin you can just pour water on yourself and stay cool as it evaporates.  You could literally pour a gallon of water on yourself and be bone dry again in 20 mins! 

14 hours ago, numberonecoog said:

Go buy you some Pedialyte (grape tastes best to me) and mix it 2 parts water and 1 part PL. Start drinking it on the way to the course and make sure you're drinking at least 2 liters (4 water bottles) per 9. More if you're walking.

Wipe down regularly with an ammonia towel (see link below) from the ice chest, especially around your carotid and wear a straw hat or something similar for shading.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrEZ7a0RcZgiEgAFB4PxQt.;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1623635509/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fgoneoutdoors.com%2fuse-ammonia-make-cooling-towels-7668861.html/RK=2/RS=y_.giA2ZXKo9nfNWi4pACy4Z2BY-

• Like 1

Titleist JDM TSi3  9*                     Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 15*                        Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 2       Velyx Rome Wildeye 988X
MIURA CB57 4-7                           MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA MB-001 8-P                       MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Bettinardi TOUR DASS MiNoVai 3.0 Flowneck 34/350

3 hours ago, nitram said:

Go buy you some Pedialyte (grape tastes best to me) and mix it 2 parts water and 1 part PL. Start drinking it on the way to the course and make sure you're drinking at least 2 liters (4 water bottles) per 9. More if you're walking.

Wipe down regularly with an ammonia towel (see link below) from the ice chest, especially around your carotid and wear a straw hat or something similar for shading.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrEZ7a0RcZgiEgAFB4PxQt.;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1623635509/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fgoneoutdoors.com%2fuse-ammonia-make-cooling-towels-7668861.html/RK=2/RS=y_.giA2ZXKo9nfNWi4pACy4Z2BY-

Ive tried everything. Towels that cool, pedialyte, gatorade,nuun tablets. I dont usually like pas sout or even feel sick. If you cant play in heat dont live in TX. Just like I dont play below 55 haha. I do get frustrated when I see the threads where people say things like "If youre under 65 you should have to walk" Then I look at their location and its like Vermont. I always think if I lived in Vermont I'd walk everytime too

(side note Burlington VT is going to reach a balmy 70 on Wednesday) 

• Like 3

Hottest day of the year here yesterday and with all the rain we've been getting in NTX it was absolutely brutal. But it was fun when in May it was 75 degrees. 

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

On 6/13/2021 at 6:38 AM, North Butte said:

I don't find that play early helps at all. The humidity is at its highest from about 5am-10am and most days even the dew point is a couple degrees higher early than it will be in the afternoon. Also if there's going to be any breeze at all stirring during the summer it doesn't pick up until later in the day, early mornings are dead still. There's also the soaking wet grass because the irrigation system runs right before golf starts each morning.

I suffer less late in the day when it's a temp of 90F and heat index of 100F than early when it's 78F and 100% humidity. I sweat about as much as anyone I know and when it's that humid the sweat just pours off me continuously, into my eyes, onto my clubs and everything else. 

I agree with this 1000%. I live just south of Houston in Pearland. The morning humidity with the sun baking the water off the fairways is like playing in a sauna. TO ME it's much more ( still hot ) comfortable playing after lunch when the course is dry and there may be a slight afternoon breeze.

• Like 2

DRIVER -    Taylor Made Sim 2 - 9* | 🔥🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥🔥
3 WD -        Taylor Made Sim Max 14* | Ventus Red Regular 
HYBRIDS-   PXG Gen 2 -  2/3/4 | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
IRONS -       PXG Gen 4 -  0311XP 5 - GW | Mitsubishi MMT 80 Stiff
WEDGES -  Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX XL ULTRALIGHT grips on ALL 
PUTTER -   PXG ☠️One and Done☠️w/JUMBOMAX 17" FLAT
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag
BALLS -       Bridgestone BXS / Pro V1

12 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

I agree with this 1000%. I live just south of Houston in Pearland. The morning humidity with the sun baking the water off the fairways is like playing in a sauna. TO ME it's much more ( still hot ) comfortable playing after lunch when the course is dry and there may be a slight afternoon breeze.

I think I jinxed myself with posting that the other day. Played this weekend in the afternoon and it was somewhat reasonable feeling when I got to the course around lunch time. Cloudy, fairways were drying out, nice little 5-10mph breeze.

Then about 2pm the sun came out from behind the clouds and the breeze dropped to dead calm. OMG, jinx!!!

23 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

+1.  I'm also in Houston and tend find the afternoons a little easier, even though it's hotter.  Another benefit of the afternoons is courses are usually less crowded.  People tend to stay home when it's hotter!

You got to love the sweat dripping from the brim of your hat while you are trying to putt.  When it starts to get hot out I take 3 hats to rotate between, plus multiple gloves as well.  Drinks lots of water, lol.  I've gone through 120 oz of water on the golf course and not had to pee at all during that time.  But I think this year I am becoming a little intolerant of the heat.  I took a cart this past weekend instead of walking in the 95* heat, what a nice change of pace that was...

Edited by trilerian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 4i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

On 6/13/2021 at 7:55 AM, RSinSG said:

Being raised in Palm Springs I played in extreme heat every summer and it’s just something you know is going to bad. You can pre-hydrate, baste yourself in SPF 1000 sun block and wear the coolest clothes available and even then some days are going to be miserable if not unplayable. I stopped playing mid-round only one time because of the heat, but I was stupid enough to try to golf on the hottest day in recorded history- and it was like 90% humidity.

99DADB74-8D27-4B4A-89DE-DC1D6301FF0A.jpeg

I'm actually going to PS for my birthday next month.  I will be playing early in the am and hopefully finish around 11.  Love PS because it's a golfer's paradise.  We are playing Indian Palms, Shadow Ridge and maybe PGA West: Stadium Course. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

2 hours ago, jacknav6 said:

I'm bakin' like a Toasted Cheeser down in Dallas, Texas! Lots of rain and Texas summer coming into full swing has me crawling to the clubhouse by the end of 18.

My uncle lives in Texas.  Played golf there 5 times.  I can't remember the courses we played but summers as brutal.  To cool off, I would go swimming at his place afterwards.  Fun times. 

• Like 2

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX