Check out this fine craftsmanship from GG

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I credit GG for helping me find this site and learning how to build golf clubs.  The first expensive golf shaft I ever bought was installed at GG (Fuji Rombax) and the head came flying off on the seco

When you get home all excited with your newly reshafted driver and see this....   Quality  

I had the local GG reshaft my pxg closer with a stability tour.  Similar story, dropped it got told two days, went back two days later and they were just getting it glued up.  The tech said he had to

Posted Images

Dropped my TaylorMade Ghost to be reshafted at GG Saturday ... it will take them 48 hours to reshaft ... go to pick it up today (Monday) ... they've pulled the head but can't figure out how to reshaft ... TaylorMade's are "tricky" and the head pro got busy ... he might get to it tomorrow ... maybe 72 hours for a reshaft ... maybe longer ... and I need stop using so many ellipses ...

• Confused 1

Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19*
5-GW: Titleist 718 AP1, 24*-48*
SW: Ping Glide 2.0 ES, 56*
Putter: Bettinardi iNOVAi 5.0
Ball: Bridgestone B RX
Bag: Ping Mascot

They didn't tell you to just drop some crazy glue on that? I had PGA Superstore tip a shaft an inch......even though I didn't ask them too!

Titleist  TSi3 8.0 TPT 14 LKP LT LW Proto
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW Proto
Callaway Apex Pro19 Nippon ModusTour 120 X
Vokey SM7 raw 52, 56, 60A DG TI-s400
Byron Morgan Proto DH89
Pro -V1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

9 hours ago, tatertot said:

Dropped my TaylorMade Ghost to be reshafted at GG Saturday ... it will take them 48 hours to reshaft ... go to pick it up today (Monday) ... they've pulled the head but can't figure out how to reshaft ... TaylorMade's are "tricky" and the head pro got busy ... he might get to it tomorrow ... maybe 72 hours for a reshaft ... maybe longer ... and I need stop using so many ellipses ...

I had the local GG reshaft my pxg closer with a stability tour.  Similar story, dropped it got told two days, went back two days later and they were just getting it glued up.  The tech said he had to go watch a youtube video since he hadn't even heard of a stability shaft before.  Thankfully everything seems fine, but that was a stressful few days.

Thankfully I now know a few local club builders I wish I had known before then

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

lol looks like they used the wrong ferrule and tried to slide a smaller one on there - or your shaft is tipped 1" and the ferrule was on the small side making the OD larger there.

Either way, yikes.

Epic Max LS + ZF 6 / TS2 3W + BF 7 / TSi2 7W + Tour AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

Honestly boggles my mind how many of these experiences are posted on here. Reshafting a golf club is one of the simplest things to do and yet these “shops” continue to screw it up continually. 

• Like 1

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

I went to Golfsmith in the 80's took the course, learned how to do it myself. Best decision I ever made haha. With the amount of shafts and grips I've tried over the last 35 years. Most stuff is pretty simple, learn to do it yourself, cheaper and it's fun. 

• Like 1

WITB
Ping G10 Driver- Matrix White Tie
Callaway X Hot 3W- Project X
Callaway X Hot 4H- Project X
Lynx Parallax 5-SW- Nippon NS Pro 950GH
Ping Eye 2 SW- DG S300
Nike VR Forged LW- DG S300
Ray Cook Blue Goose
Srixon

I was a PT GG employee for a few years after I retired.  It was mostly college kids working there that had never been on a golf course.  We had an experienced club tech but he was PT like most of the employees.   There was a 24 hour guaranteed turnaround on re gripping so when the club tech (or me) were off they regripped clubs.  You can only imagine.  

Taking a club to one of those superstores is like taking your guitar to Guitar Center for repairs, or taking a piece of jewelry to the jewelry counter in Wal-Mart. There's a really good chance the person doing the work hasn't been properly trained, but they'll try it anyway. 

I've yet to find a country club that wouldn't repair clubs for non-members. They'll also tell you when there's something they can't do, or don't know how to do, or don't have the equipment to repair properly. 

I've seen that before with cheap Chinese "Callaway" ferrules from ebay.  They are molded and not machined and crack very easily.  By the looks of it that's what they used.

Bag 1                                                                               Bag 2                                                    Bag 3

PING G400 MAX 10.5 GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X         Titleist 905R 9.5* Speeder S             Cleveland Classic 310 GD Pershing 60 S

PING G25 16.5* 4 Wood UST Attas 4U 7 TS                Titleist 906F2 15* YS6+ FW S           Callaway Warbird 3, 5, & 7 Woods Memphis 10 Steel

Callaway Epic Flash 7 Wood @ 20* D+ 80 S                Titleist 906F4 18.5* NV 75 FW S       PING Zing BeCu 5-SW AMT Tour White Black Onyx S300

Titleist 915H 24* AD DI 95X                                          Titleist 904F 22* DG S300                 PING Eye 2 XG 56* & 60* DG S300

PING i210 5-UW KBS Tour V 120                                  Mizuno MP30 4-PW DGS300             PING Sigma Tyne H

PING Glide 56* @ 55*, Callaway PM Grind 60*           Mizuno T20 54* & 60* DG TI S400

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball Blade w/Triple Track         Odyssey White Steel #5

14 hours ago, mogc60 said:

Honestly boggles my mind how many of these experiences are posted on here. Reshafting a golf club is one of the simplest things to do and yet these “shops” continue to screw it up continually. 

It is simple when you know what you're doing, but there are half a dozen ways to screw it up if you don't, as i'm sure you know. 

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* HZRDUS T1100 95g
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 19* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

But after you do those half dozen once they really shouldn’t happen again. Just sad guys pay good money to get repair work done and it ends up like that. 

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X