2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

My current diet plan

On 6/16/2021 at 6:29 AM, adamscottmaster2013 said:

My mother is a certified nutritionist so she has this diet plan for me.  I've been on this diet plan for over 18 months being a D1 tennis player.  Now that I am transitioning over to golf, I am still sticking to this diet plan but with a smaller portion since golf does not require as much energy as tennis.  Highly recommend to athletes in all sports

- Breakfast at 6am:  whole grain toast, scramble egg, one avocado, 1 banana, and 12oz of smoothie made from banana, avocado, strawberries, blue berries, spinach

- Golf at 7am until 10am

- snack at 10am:  whole grain toast on avocado, fresh squeeze orange juice, almond milk, and 12oz of smoothie made from banana, avocado, strawberries, blue berries, spinach

- golf from 11am until 1pm

- lunch at 1pm:  white eggs with zuchini, gluten free pasta with tomato sauce & chicken, one mango and 12oz of smoothie made from banana, avocado, strawberries, blue berries, spinach

- golf from 2pm until 5pm

- snack at 5pm:  One mango and three oranges

- golf from 5:30pm until 7:30pm

- dinner @8pm:  one bowl of Lentils soup, three rows of sushi, one mango and 24oz of smoothie made from banana, avocado, strawberries, blue berries, spinach

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

image0 (2).jpeg

IMG_2088.jpg

image1 (1).jpeg

My smoothie recipe is similar except I added:

1 teaspoon of apple cider vinager

1 table spoon of each: chia seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, turmeric and raw cacoa 

On 6/20/2021 at 3:55 AM, phizzy30 said:

My diet plans for my client are based off whole foods and minimal processed junk.  Also, dieting is all about two things.  Insulin manipulation and calories in and out.  There are several different ways/diets to get there, but it all comes down to those two factors. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^This

• Thanks 1

$$$$

On 7/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, ALIF said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^This

^^^^^^1000% this.      Diet is about insulin control.    Eating a bunch of times a day is pure nonsense and the only reason you have to do it is because you eat way too many carbs & are always hungry.    Protein, fat, control carbs.  Jason Fung, Ben Bikman, Gary Taubes….and no more need for 8 small meals a day with insulin always up.   Btw, that “magical” kale cant sniff the rear end of this Ribeye.  The myth of veggies & whole grains & seeds is just that, a myth.   Of the 3 macros theres only 1 not needed for survival, and thats carbs.  

6am - 2 ounce raw liver (frozen)

6am to 2pm - coffee/HC/butter if i want

2pm-  cheese, eggs, bacon

530pm - only big meal of day. Some kind of Meat/fish/dairy. Eat until FULL/Satisfied

6pm-  coffee if you want

Rinse & repeat    Never hungry, never dealing with sugar spikes & then drops

over 3 yrs eating this way.  down 50lbs, all bloodwork improved drastically, blood pressure down and havent eaten a Veg in 2yrs.    Do your research and eat the diet that you trust & believe in.  Dont blindly follow anything     Doctors/Nutritionists have contributed to the highest obesity & diabetes in this countries history.   They have been more wrong than anyone cares to admit   😉

Edited by NPSpar4
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2021 at 10:17 PM, bdcava said:

That’s more fruit in one day than I eat in a year! (Not counting the muddled orange in my vodka). My sister has a degree in nutrition- she lost weight by fasting. I just don’t believe in eating that often. You need energy to find food, not by eating food. Just looks like way too much sugar for my blood (pun intended) regardless of the sources.

Good luck either way.

Amen to this right here ^^^^^

If you have an active lifestyle, your diet really does not matter much until you are around 40. You are way overthinking this. Unless you are eating mcdonalds every day you are fine. Im 37 years old, i play golf once a week and hit the gym once a week. im 6'1 185 

• Like 1

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist 716CB with Dynamic Gold S400 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Scotty California Monterey 35 in
Titleist Pro V1x

3 hours ago, Cpr3584 said:

If you have an active lifestyle, your diet really does not matter much until you are around 40. You are way overthinking this. Unless you are eating mcdonalds every day you are fine. Im 37 years old, i play golf once a week and hit the gym once a week. im 6'1 185 

I beg to differ.  I see and know plenty of young people that eat like s*** that lead active lifestyles that aren't healthy.  It's not just what you look like, but also how healthy you actually are through labs. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 6/20/2021 at 6:55 AM, phizzy30 said:

My diet plans for my client are based off whole foods and minimal processed junk.  Also, dieting is all about two things.  Insulin manipulation and calories in and out.  There are several different ways/diets to get there, but it all comes down to those two factors. 

One doesn't necessarily have to eat whole foods that have corn based sugar or whatever, because after all counting calories accounts for that. It's also hard to avoid preservatives anymore w/o spending a lot of money, especially if one has to eat out a lot for work. I believe maintaining bf at a low level and doing exercises frequently in addition to counting calories is the best most people could hop to attain. Also, sleeping on an empty stomach is great for insulin levels, it also increases energy.

• Like 1

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

People say that but there is really no evidence that "bad labs" in a 30-year-old contribute to an earlier death or poor performance. LeBron James is known for pre game meals at Waffle House and Dennys with all-american breakfast and 4 pancakes covered in syrup. He then burns it all off during the game. Dustin Johnson, who I hear is pretty good at golf, drank coca-cola on the course his first couple years on tour. It Tiger Woods ate this diet he would be starved to death by 2pm. His book talks extensively about a balanced meal and it looks nothing like the pictures here. 

Edited by Cpr3584

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist 716CB with Dynamic Gold S400 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Scotty California Monterey 35 in
Titleist Pro V1x

6 minutes ago, chipa said:

One doesn't necessarily have to eat whole foods that have corn based sugar or whatever, because after all counting calories accounts for that. It's also hard to avoid preservatives anymore w/o spending a lot of money, especially if one has to eat out a lot for work. I believe maintaining bf at a low level and doing exercises frequently in addition to counting calories is the best most people could hop to attain. Also, sleeping on an empty stomach is great for insulin levels, it also increases energy.

Last part of your statement is very true.  They say that all that counts in the end is cals in and out but I disagree on that.  You can't eat sugar all day and expect to be healthy and get down to healthy body fat levels.  It creates insulin resistance which in turn eventually leads to type 2 diabetes.  Also, most type 2 diabetics tend to be fat/obese and have a whole slew of problems like heart issues, circulation issues, etc.  Like I stated before, it's all about cals in and out AND maintaining good insulin levels.  As for eating organic whole foods, one doesn't have to do so.  It's costly to do so.  However, I would advise one not to lean towards processed foods as much due to their high levels of preservatives and other s*** that's in them. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Just now, phizzy30 said:

Last part of your statement is very true.  They say that all that counts in the end is cals in and out but I disagree on that.  You can't eat sugar all day and expect be healthy and get down to healthy body fat levels.  It creates insulin resistance which in turn eventually leads to type 2 diabetes.  Also, most type 2 diabetes tend to be fat/obese.  Like I stated before, it's all about cals in and out AND maintaining good insulin levels. 

With all due respect about the eating sugar all day long I do that in small amounts but also only have 8-9% bf plus I sleep on an empty stomach and I've been doing it for 5 years now. I also exercise frequently. My mother has checked my blood for insulin and it's good. In other words I believe the amount of bf and the other things I mentioned have a lot to do with how much sugar our body can tolerate.

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

Just now, chipa said:

With all due respect about the eating sugar all day long I do that in small amounts but also only have 8-9% bf plus I sleep on an empty stomach and I've been doing it for 5 years now. I also exercise frequently. My mother has checked my blood for insulin and it's good. In other words I believe the amount of bf and the other things I mentioned have a lot to do with how much sugar our body can tolerate.

That's great and all, but age catches up to all of us including you.  What your body can handle now, will be different when you get older, I promise you that.  Btw, how old are  you?

1 minute ago, phizzy30 said:

That's great and all, but age catches up to all of us including you.  What your body can handle now, will be different when you get older, I promise you that.  Btw, how old are  you?

I'm 56 and work out 4 days a week with relatively heavy weight plus I practice swing at home a lot as well. Fasting, bf and exercising change the way our body handles food.

Notes:

6 minutes ago, chipa said:

lots of guys in here getting nutritional help from mommy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

5 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I started counting calories 5 years ago and like most I was overweight, like 25 lbs even though I considered myself in shape. 

Notes: