2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

DJ’s LA Over Hosel!

1 hour ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

Did you play PX prior to MMT?

Modus 130x.   Px for a brief stint a couple years ago. 

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

44 minutes ago, El Kabong2 said:

do these pros swing their putters that much harder than us that they need that "stability?"

No but the putter is the most important club to have face angle correct at impact. I think it was a BGT study that showed their putter shaft was 1/2 degree lower deflection then steel shafts and at 10 feet could be the difference of making or missing. Lot of other factors that go into putting of course but when you play for as much money as these guys do every little bit counts.

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Not at all wanting to argue , because you just have to see it to believe it. But an injury to my elbow forced me into a set . The MMT 125TX is cpm equivalent to px 7.0 with lower torque and near identical weight (3 grams less on average ) and it’s just impossible to explain how tight the dispersion is . They simply do not what to curve . The biggest adjustment is in aiming points and trust.  

that’s why I said above that there are two graphite worlds right now.  The light weight  stock stuff that is still a bit loose. And the newer LA golf , Fujikura MCI, or Mitsubishi MMT heavyweight stuff that is absolutely as stable as can be.  The poster above is right. In 10 years you’ll see composite thats 80 grams but less torque that anything , and youll see composites all over tour players bags.  It’s coming.   No doubt in my mind. 

Bingo, blade.  Same boat as you.  I have suffered numerous hand and wrist issues in the past and the soft tissue in my elbow flares up every now and then.  The MMT 125 TX is a god send.  Mis hits don't hurt nearly as much and my elbows and hands thank me for it.  Composite is just as stable if not more so than steel.  You're right dispersion is awesome.  I mean, I can curve the ball with the MMT but I'm not hitting wild hooks either.  I didn't know that the MMT 125 TX is the equivalent to the PX 7.0 but thanks for the reference.  Besides weight, are you talking stiffness as well? 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

57 minutes ago, El Kabong2 said:

do these pros swing their putters that much harder than us that they need that "stability?"

It’s not about how hard their swinging, it’s about how resistant the shaft is to twisting on slightly off-center hits. From my personal experiences, there hasn’t been much change inside of 10 ft but longer putts have definitely improved using the Stability shaft. Missing the sweet spot on a 20 foot putt is pretty common, but the extra stability in the shaft helps keep the face square at impact to get it started on your intended line better. The room for error on a tee shot or an approach shot is significantly larger than a putt, when an inch offline is the difference between a make or miss. 

• Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

13 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Bingo, blade.  Same boat as you.  I have suffered numerous hand and wrist issues in the past and the soft tissue in my elbow flares up every now and then.  The MMT 125 TX is a god send.  Mis hits don't hurt nearly as much and my elbows and hands thank me for it.  Composite is just as stable if not more so than steel.  You're right dispersion is awesome.  I mean, I can curve the ball with the MMT but I'm not hitting wild hooks either.  I didn't know that the MMT 125 TX is the equivalent to the PX 7.0 but thanks for the reference.  Besides weight, are you talking stiffness as well? 

Mostly saying cpm ( stiffness ).  Weight is a tad less. But that depends on which px 7.0 you weigh.  Some are 127.  Some 130 I’ve measure a couple at 132.  The composite stuff will be dead on 125 every shaft.  

• Thanks 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Just now, bladehunter said:

Mostly saying cpm ( stiffness ).  Weight is a tad less. But that depends on which px 7.0 you weigh.  Some are 127.  Some 130 I’ve measure a couple at 132.  The composite stuff will be dead on 125 every shaft.  

I thought the MMT 125 TX were closer to PX 6.5 in stiffness.  Surprisingly, the MMT aren't hard to load at all for me. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

7 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I thought the MMT 125 TX were closer to PX 6.5 in stiffness.  Surprisingly, the MMT aren't hard to load at all for me. 

I came from modus 130x and DG x7 and to me they’re equals. If not more so because I cannot find the upper end of their limits. I can go as hard as I want and watch it come out straight.     They maybe closer to 6.5 on paper. But In my opinion the difference in 6.5 and 7.0 is only weight.  7.0 just  isnt that much different than 6.5. Both are harsh.  Exception being the PG satin version. I don’t care what anyone says. That shaft is different than today’s px. 

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

3 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I came from modus 130x and DG x7 and to me they’re equals. If not more so because I cannot find the upper end of their limits. I can go as hard as I want and watch it come out straight.     They maybe closer to 6.5 on paper. But In my opinion the difference in 6.5 and 7.0 is only weight.  7.0 just  isnt that much different than 6.5. Both are harsh.  Exception being the PG satin version. I don’t care what anyone says. That shaft is different than today’s px. 

I came from PX 6.5 and C-taper 125 S+.  I could play the 130x but I really had to go after it and it hurt when I would mis hit it.  I really liked the flight of the C-tapers though.  Telephone pole is one thing, but feeling pain from vibration from a shaft is a big no no for me especially at my age. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

Missing the sweet spot on a 20 foot putt is pretty common, but the extra stability in the shaft helps keep the face square at impact to get it started on your intended line better. 

So you’re telling me the steel in my 5.5 is going to ‘deflect’ noticeably enough on a 20ft putt with the putter head moving at what, 2 mph, to directly impact the line my ball starts on compared to the same miss hit with this composite shaft? Well I’m not an engineer and I’ve only played around with a putter with this shaft in it a couple times… But I just don’t see/feel it. Now using machines that cost as much as a new S class Benz, I’m sure you’d see negligible differences after the decimal point. But is it anywhere near what even an above average human being is going to detect?… I’m honestly not trying to call anyone out or say anyone is wrong. Just my opinion. As I stated earlier, and showed Phizzy. We’re all ‘club hoes” and people can play whatever they want. Far be it from me to tell anyone they are wrong for making their own choice. 

Edited by TiScape

So after all that DJ is playing a trussless  truss with plumbers neck and black LA shaft. The one he had before was with a white LA shaft.  That makes about 11 putters I’ve seen him with in the last 10 days. Whew. 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

So after all that DJ is playing a trussless  truss with plumbers neck and black LA shaft. The one he had before was with a white LA shaft.  That makes about 11 putters I’ve seen him with in the last 10 days. Whew. 

I remember him winning a tournament with a TRUSS a year or two ago and switching it out the following tournament! I’m pretty sure that one had a steel shaft though. Looks to be this now.

CCF566C6-8F83-46B0-B7A8-3CAC8691CD14.jpeg

Edited by TiScape

26 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I remember him winning a tournament with a TRUSS a year or two ago and switching it out the following tournament! I’m pretty sure that one had a steel shaft though. Looks to be this now.

Yep that’s the one today. He has one last week in practice and in play a couple rounds that was a truss without the truss , no TP in the cavity , and a white LA shaft. A prototype I guess of this one.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

30 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Here it is .  Guess it is a prototype of the Bandon.  But with white shaft.  

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1806675-dj-with-a-new-putter-in-play/?tab=comments#comment-23542559

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

12 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Not at all wanting to argue , because you just have to see it to believe it. But an injury to my elbow forced me into a set . The MMT 125TX is stiffness  equivalent to px 7.0 with lower torque and near identical weight (3 grams less on average ) and it’s just impossible to explain how tight the dispersion is . They simply do not what to curve . The biggest adjustment is in aiming points and trust.  

that’s why I said above that there are two graphite worlds right now.  The light weight  stock stuff that is still a bit loose. And the newer LA golf , Fujikura MCI, or Mitsubishi MMT heavyweight stuff that is absolutely as stable as can be.  The poster above is right. In 10 years you’ll see composite thats 80 grams but less torque that anything , and youll see composites all over tour players bags.  It’s coming.   No doubt in my mind. 

I'm right there with you brother. No freakin' way I'll go back to X100 or any steel and these composite shafts are just going to keep getting better.

• Like 4

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

back to the main topic at hand, when are we going to get graphite options for over-hosel putter designs? I'm rather entrenched in my particular putter, and while I've looked longingly at things like the 2-ball ten triple track, and the 3D printed Supernova, I always think "I can't give up the Pokéball weights" and never buy it.

Don't judge.

I have a 2014 GoLo 3, and I've been wanting to try a graphite shaft in it for a while, so this over-hosel thing in the picture is something I can get behind.

Has there been any news on if something like this will see the market?

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

I’ve switched to the MMT (105TX) but it has helped me be able to practice a little more due to less pain in the elbow as the turn around here in the summer gets rock hard.  Now I just wish my job would cooperate a little more.  Lol

would love to see the numbers on this vs the Stability Shaft.  Hopefully someone will get both and test on a big YT channel (maybe TXG).  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

• 6 months later...
On 6/22/2021 at 8:46 PM, ShAMbotay said:

back to the main topic at hand, when are we going to get graphite options for over-hosel putter designs? I'm rather entrenched in my particular putter, and while I've looked longingly at things like the 2-ball ten triple track, and the 3D printed Supernova, I always think "I can't give up the Pokéball weights" and never buy it.

Don't judge.

I have a 2014 GoLo 3, and I've been wanting to try a graphite shaft in it for a while, so this over-hosel thing in the picture is something I can get behind.

Has there been any news on if something like this will see the market?

there will be something...

I got to admit. I love my fujikura shafted putter. But I want to try one of these. Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Looks business for sure. I'm in the carbon > steel camp. You can design much more with it. That said, I do ride a steel bike, but mainly for nostalgic reasons and there always has to be "that guy" in the riding group...

• Like 1

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

On 6/16/2021 at 10:22 PM, ShAMbotay said:

the thing about graphite shafts is that you can take all the properties that you measure for a shaft, and set them to specific numbers largely independent from one another compared to steel. this makes graphite objectively superior to steel in every way imaginable, since you can make a graphite shaft that is 100% identical to steel, numbers-wise, except say it can also have lower torque, plus it will dampen vibrations, and be better for your joints. That's just the beginning, and you can go way further than that.

yes, there are still limits to what you can do with all of the measured numbers due to the technology available today, but within the next decade, we will probably be able to manufacture wild stuff, like torque ratings below 1.0 with a regular 80g iron shaft, or a 38g extra stiff driver shaft with a torque rating of 1.5. the possibilities are absolutely endless, and you simply can't do that with steel shafts, because at the end of the day, you can only do so much with steel. "graphite" shafts are made with innumerable different materials woven in wildly different ways, and we've arrived at the point where pros are starting to realize how much better these shafts can be than steel.

sorry for the book, but if you couldn't tell, I'm a bit passionate about composite shafts.

Thanks for sharing that, and also, your putter is sick lol

• Like 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

• 4 weeks later...

my old man got a prototype la golf over hosel from our local rep. thing looks great in his toulon Las Vegas.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7x

Ping G430 2 hybrid 17* (flat std) // Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Srixon u85 20* // Fujikura Ventus Black 10tx

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW // DG TI Onyx X100

Ping Glide 4.0 Tour Issue Raw 50S, 56W, 60T // DG TI Onyx S400

Odyssey Two-ball Ten Armlock 40" 

Titleist ProV1 

• 2 weeks later...