2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

18 hours ago, DoubleEagle08 said:

everything up on titleist.com now. 

That's becasuse today was the embargo date 😉

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

well, just impulse bought a u505 3 iron as I have not owned a utility iron in some time and almost picked up a u500 a few weeks ago. 😁

Hopefully, that is enough to scratch the itch.  I will hold out for the black finish T100 as long as I can.

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 hours ago, chip75 said:

The T100 is multi-piece head, I think the CB just had tungsten plugs. The S has the PING i210 type channel.

Quote regarding the 718cb: 

“In the 2 to 7 irons the forged 1025 carbon steel body features a small cavity hidden in the lower part of the muscle that is behind a thin High Strength Steel face insert.”

Sounds multi material to me, nearly exact construction to be honest. Im sure there may be some small aesthetic changes, offset, topline etc. 

• Thanks 1

Hit the T100 today and just ordered 4-9, with SM8 46 and 51. Looks awesome, flights really well, and felt really solid. I'm excited!

Will hang onto my 716 TMB 3-iron for now, seems likely that I will order a T200 for that slot but want to first see what my real world T100 4 iron distances are and play around a little bit with potential shafts for the 3i. Not sure if I would go utility build or just go with a steel PX like the rest of my set and what I have played in the past. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎 9* @8, Diamana BF 60
Titleist TS3 15*, EvenFlow White T1100 75
Titleist TS2 HY 19* @18, EvenFlow White 90
Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
Titleist T100 '21 4-9 PX
Vokey SM8 Jet Black 46.10, 50.08 @51
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 57*
Bettinardi BB-8W

Chrome Soft X LS

Order t200 5/6 with t100s 7-p. Coming from zx5/7 combo. Love the Srixons but the feel and looks have me missing my t100 irons. This should be a good mix of the performance since I am a high launch and spin played with the t100s. I’m hoping the modus 120x isn’t ok back order like my last orders have been with Titleist. I told them no grips as that seems to be another pain point and I ended doing my own grips with wraps the way I prefer anyways

• Haha 1

I'm seriously tempted by either the T100 or T100S (even though I only got my P7MC late last year)

The one thing that is a bit disappointing about the T100S is the fact that even the 9 and PW have 2' stronger lofts...it kinda makes the AW a must for anyone using a 52/56/60 setup

I've played this wedge setup for years and I have my yardages dialled in but can't be having an 8 yard gap between PW and 52 and I still need a 4 iron

A sneaky way of making people but an additional AW or Vokey in my eyes!

Still gonna try them but make me lean more towards T100 as I don't know which club i'd drop to accommodate the AW

12 hours ago, meh said:

Finally got to see them in hand yesterday. Short irons aren't clicky like the first version, if I didn't have 3 sets of irons already I'd get a set.

good to know, I can’t decide T100 or T100S! 

Titleist TSR2 11 w/ 2024 Fujikura Ventus + Blue 6 

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 4 wood 16.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist TSR2 7 wood 21 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8 

PXG 0311X 18 w/ Graphite Design DI 95

PXG Gen 6 DC P's 5-GW w/ Fujikura Axiom 105

PXG SD2 56 w/ LA Golf WV 115

Titleist Vokey Proto 60K w/ LA Golf WV 115  

Scotty Cameron 009 

Titleist ProV1X

Vessel Player IV

49 minutes ago, nickosbad said:

I'm seriously tempted by either the T100 or T100S (even though I only got my P7MC late last year)

The one thing that is a bit disappointing about the T100S is the fact that even the 9 and PW have 2' stronger lofts...it kinda makes the AW a must for anyone using a 52/56/60 setup

I've played this wedge setup for years and I have my yardages dialled in but can't be having an 8 yard gap between PW and 52 and I still need a 4 iron

Still gonna try them but make me lean more towards T100 as I don't know which club i'd drop to accommodate the AW

I don’t know why you would call the loft of the t-100S “disappointing.” Of course the t-100S in 9 & pw have 2 degrees more loft…that’s the point of those irons specifically. 

And, how is this “a sneaky way of MAKING people buy an additional AW or Vokey”? That’s a ridiculous statement. No one is making you to buy anything. It’s not an 8 YARD gap, it would be an 8 DEGREE gap in loft. Vokey recommends 4-6 degree gaps in loft. Not everyone plays your specific wedge setup. If you dont want to adjust your wedges, then don’t buy those irons. Stick to the regular 100. They are doing nothing sneaky at all. 

I currently play a 46/50/54/60 wedge setup. They fit perfectly with my original t-100 (I dropped my set pw for a Vokey) This go around, I ordered the 100S to gain a bit more distance as I’m getting older. When my t-100S comes, I’ll get on a launch monitor, figure out my distance gaps and have those wedges bent slightly to accommodate, if needed. They can go 1-2 degrees in either way. Not a big deal at all. If I have to drop one, so be it. Don’t have to go out and buy new wedges…until the SM9’s come out, lol. 

Good luck in you quest for the best setup for you! 

With respect!

Edited by darkman8
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, nickosbad said:

......then just buy the T100?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickosbad said:

I am also very tempted by the new T100S and will probably opt for 3-GW then 54 and 60 wedges, I also like the fact that there is a constant 2 degree difference thru the entire set because bigger differences in lofts would create bigger distance gaps, in my view going for the T100S with effectively a 5 wedge setup is just overkill and there is no need to have basically 2 gap wedges at 48 and 52 plus it would create un-necessary larger gaps at the top end of your bag, therefore either a similar setup to what I am considering with 4-GW or just the 4-PW then 50, 56 and 60 would also seem to make perfect sense to me.

33 minutes ago, ARSM1932 said:

I am also very tempted by the new T100S and will probably opt for 3-GW then 54 and 60 wedges, I also like the fact that there is a constant 2 degree difference thru the entire set because bigger differences in lofts would create bigger distance gaps, in my view going for the T100S with effectively a 5 wedge setup is just overkill and there is no need to have basically 2 gap wedges at 48 and 52 plus it would create un-necessary larger gaps at the top end of your bag, therefore either a similar setup to what I am considering with 4-GW or just the 4-PW then 50, 56 and 60 would also seem to make perfect sense to me.

I would definitely say to get a Vokey gap wedge as opposed to the set gap wedge. The Vokey will be way more versatile, accurate and consistent. Don’t forget that it’s also very easy to bend the Vokey wedges a degree or two to even out the gaps. 

9 hours ago, PingGuy123 said:

Can someone give me some insight into what the difference is between T-100 and T-100s? Specifically want to know difference in feel and forgiveness. I hit the ball far enough so am interested in bending T-100s weak if it provides more forgiveness. 

same design basically except the T100-S was designed, not bent, for 2 degrees stronger lofts. The sole is cambered a bit differently in the toe and heel and was actually designed by Bob Vokey as he brought in elements from his wedge line. This is huge as his wedges are world reknown as having the best soles in the business. the "S" also has the "muscle channel" which gets the ball up and promotes faster speeds. On average the "S" version is showing to be 9-11 yards longer in early testing.

Check the TXG guys for more info

15 minutes ago, darkman8 said:

I would definitely say to get a Vokey gap wedge as opposed to the set gap wedge. The Vokey will be way more versatile, accurate and consistent. Don’t forget that it’s also very easy to bend the Vokey wedges a degree or two to even out the gaps. 

the only difference is cast vs forged.....Vokey wedges are cast......still awesome, but some people want a forged club....

26 minutes ago, darkman8 said:

I would agree with this post. I have even gone one step further and pulled the set PW out of the bag and put a 46* Vokey in for my PW. I actually did Trackman testing and on course evaluation, but I am more accurate with the Vokey, hit it with more spin for stopping power and can work the Vokey with fade/draw better than the set PW.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

5 minutes ago, tsecor said:

the only difference is cast vs forged.....Vokey wedges are cast......still awesome, but some people want a forged club....

I’ve known that forever. Most people have no clue and most people cannot tell the difference in “feel” when it comes to a Vokey wedge being cast. 99.9% of pros use a speciality cast wedge (i.e-Vokey) verses a set forged gap wedge for a reason. Many have even been swapping out the sets pw for a Vokey, and that trend is going up. Simply put, a Vokey is a better scoring tool. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tsecor said:

same design basically except the T100-S was designed, not bent, for 2 degrees stronger lofts. The sole is cambered a bit differently in the toe and heel and was actually designed by Bob Vokey as he brought in elements from his wedge line. This is huge as his wedges are world reknown as having the best soles in the business. the "S" also has the "muscle channel" which gets the ball up and promotes faster speeds. On average the "S" version is showing to be 9-11 yards longer in early testing.

Check the TXG guys for more info

So... Could it be a good idea to bend the T100s 2 deg weak to get hot, high launching irons !?

Especially if I'm a little steep the extra bounce wouldn't be a bad thing.

Or would too much spin become an issue?

I had the same question on the 100S. I am wondering because I would be hesitant to bend it more than 1 degree weak since it might affect all the thought that they put into the new sole. I need more launch AND spin, so stronger lofted irons are pretty much a no-go for me. 

As for the set gap wedge vs vokey gap wedge. I buy the vokey becuase it is cheaper and more easily replaced. I personally think a set matching GW would be better for me, though, since I really only use it for full swings. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I couldn’t take it anymore, 4-GW in the T100S it is, I’ll rebuild with some high launching graphite that fits me and play them from there. 

Titleist TSR2 11 w/ 2024 Fujikura Ventus + Blue 6 

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 4 wood 16.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist TSR2 7 wood 21 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8 

PXG 0311X 18 w/ Graphite Design DI 95

PXG Gen 6 DC P's 5-GW w/ Fujikura Axiom 105

PXG SD2 56 w/ LA Golf WV 115

Titleist Vokey Proto 60K w/ LA Golf WV 115  

Scotty Cameron 009 

Titleist ProV1X

Vessel Player IV

i'm thinking the t100 6-pw, then a t100s 5 iron bent a degree weak, then t200 4 iron.  I'll have to test them out but I think a little extra forgiveness over my current set would be nice.  The added launch of the t100s on the 5 iron would be interesting and the t200 at 22 degrees would be a welcome step up from my mmc 4 iron (which i love but a little higher launch and wider sole would be beneficial).  

TSi3 10 @ 10.75 Ventus Black 6x 45"

TS2 15* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5 43"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black RDX  80g 6.5 41.5"

New Level NLU-01 22* and 25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Vokey sm8 50@49/12 KBS $ taper HT 130, Sm9 54@53/10S,

58/4T KBS $ taper HT 125 or 58/8m DGx100 mid TI
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 35"/ 69* Press II

• easyyy unfeatured this topic