2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

2 hours ago, C009 said:

Has anyone ever done the KBS retro build? I’m going to send my T100’s over to KBS and get some new shafts installed. I bought a set off the rack knowing I was okay with the stock shaft but I miss my Tour V’s. So I’m going to give this retro build a shot. 

I didn’t know that was a thing. I build my own clubs but think it’s a great service offered by KBS.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Here they are @pga43!

I am really liking how slim the top line looks at address. Wow. They are more slim than the 620CB and will play more forgiving. Now that's a combination I am looking for!

AC6_7429.jpg.fb394cd67d8ad7ec6782ac1742ab8186.jpg

AC6_7437.jpg.71cc50cd63b079aee96b04505ad52ffd.jpg

AC6_7447.jpg.5a2bee764fae95aeb785841008268676.jpg

AC6_7452.jpg.bc7c0afa073fac6081c4bf263ca63669.jpg

AC6_7468.jpg.03d36d9633cffefbd0278af654cd68cd.jpg

• Like 3

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue 75x

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW - Modus 115 S

Vokey SM9 50/54/58 - S200

Odyssey Ai-One Milled 7T CH

Titleist Pro V1

13 minutes ago, JStang said:

I didn’t know that was a thing. I build my own clubs but think it’s a great service offered by KBS.

14 minutes ago, JStang said:

Ya it’s seems pretty cool. Here is some info:

https://retrobuild.kbsgolfx.com/retrobuild-homepage/

5 hours ago, JStang said:

I'm back in the mix! Sent payment for a 4-PW set of T100 irons with AMT X100 shafts (soft stepped one time) this morning. I am going to re-shaft with a set of KBS $ Taper HT 125 shafts. I am looking forward to this build and hope to get them on the course next week. 

Can you please take a measurement on J4 and J9 from hosel end (not ferrule since I don’t know which length on the ferrule you will have) to first step on the shaft?

I also ordered AMT x100 SSx1, but I’m skeptical they actually are soft stepped. Titleist doesn’t include the custom build papers here in Europe anymore. You will just get the set without anything specified. 

Also, did you get serial number on each hosel since it’s a custom build or only serial number on J6? 

Would really appreciate it, thanks 😊

2 hours ago, MrShield said:

Can you please take a measurement on J4 and J9 from hosel end (not ferrule since I don’t know which length on the ferrule you will have) to first step on the shaft?

I also ordered AMT x100 SSx1, but I’m skeptical they actually are soft stepped. Titleist doesn’t include the custom build papers here in Europe anymore. You will just get the set without anything specified. 

Also, did you get serial number on each hosel since it’s a custom build or only serial number on J6? 

I don’t know if this will help you but the DG shafts are the same in 9 and pw. If your steps are different on those 2 clubs it’s safe to say they are soft stepped at least once. 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

2 hours ago, MrShield said:

I can do that when they arrive next week.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

4 hours ago, darkman8 said:

Ordered a set of Left Handed T-100S on 7/29. Found out today that the lefty heads are backordered. They are waiting for a shipment but don’t have a firm date of when they are coming in. Does anyone have any better info for us southpaws? 

What’s up fellow lefty. Ordered 100s on the 19th and got an email today saying they went into production. Don’t know what that means because they said the amt black is on back order till end of sept. Was thinking they might be back in stock early? Not sure. Also got t200 4 iron and vokey 50° so not sure if that impacts the status. 

• Like 1

Thanks to Nippon, looks like my order for T100 with Modus3, which was supposed to be last week, is delayed to November.  A bummer...but not because of the wait, but more so because I got bored and bough a set off the rack of T200 for fun.  Now I have to take back everything positive I said about T200 because for me they absolutely suck.  Put a set in play today and they are horrid.  Yes, the offset is reduced from previous model, but they are clunky and horrible feel.  What part of this club is forged?  It feels like a brick.  Now I have to return for credit and I have no idea what I need for $1300...try nothing...or just dump them at a loss.

What a f'd world we we live in where OEMs release club to zero fanfare because they cannot even fulfill initial orders.  It feels like dealing with some kickstarter campaign, not Titleist.

1 hour ago, CasualLie said:

Thanks to Nippon, looks like my order for T100 with Modus3, which was supposed to be last week, is delayed to November.  A bummer...but not because of the wait, but more so because I got bored and bough a set off the rack of T200 for fun.  Now I have to take back everything positive I said about T200 because for me they absolutely suck.  Put a set in play today and they are horrid.  Yes, the offset is reduced from previous model, but they are clunky and horrible feel.  What part of this club is forged?  It feels like a brick.  Now I have to return for credit and I have no idea what I need for $1300...try nothing...or just dump them at a loss.

What a f'd world we we live in where OEMs release club to zero fanfare because they cannot even fulfill initial orders.  It feels like dealing with some kickstarter campaign, not Titleist.

Well, have you seen how many ships are waiting to port lately?
Also, you do know that there’s a mass shortage in the golf industry, right? It’a a BIG problem and A LOT of companies and consumers are being affected… not just Titleist, Nippon, or you.

Custom orders are being delayed majorly due to this.

Does it suck? Of course it does but there are ways around it. 

Why didn’t you just get a stock set of T100s if you were going to get something in the meantime? You could have gotten some sort of preview. 

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue 75x

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW - Modus 115 S

Vokey SM9 50/54/58 - S200

Odyssey Ai-One Milled 7T CH

Titleist Pro V1

2 hours ago, MerryTex said:

Well, have you seen how many ships are waiting to port lately?
Also, you do know that there’s a mass shortage in the golf industry, right? It’a a BIG problem and A LOT of companies and consumers are being affected… not just Titleist, Nippon, or you.

Custom orders are being delayed majorly due to this.

Does it suck? Of course it does but there are ways around it. 

Why didn’t you just get a stock set of T100s if you were going to get something in the meantime? You could have gotten some sort of preview. 

It's always someone else's fault...

Is the component shortage or shipping issue a new one?  No.  We are not talking about a bunch of newbies in the business.  Titleist knows damn well the situation, so just come clean about it and quit f'g around with people with lame excuses while taking the money upfront.  I'm not mad about it, I can wait for clubs, my current T100s play just fine.  But don't give me a shipping date of Aug 27 then say ooops, it's going to be November.

Like I said, this is amateur hour I expect from a Kickstarter campaign, not a multi billion $ company that is well aware of logistics.  Having honest and upfront communications with customers is what builds loyalty and understanding.  Throwing the problem over the wall...any idiot can do that.

Edited by CasualLie
  • Like 1

If you’ve read just about any thread in this site for any new release over the last 18 months and still went ahead and made a purchase of a newly released set of irons thinking that there was a zero chance you might face considerable delays that’s on you my man. We can’t expect for golf manufacturers to wait for a full allotment of components to try and sell their new products. If they delayed their product releases until they could assure orders could be received in the pre-pandemic custom order time window we may be waiting an awful long time. Plus, what the hell would we have to talk about around here?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CasualLie said:

I took my set of T200 out yesterday, can’t agree with your assessment. They look great, feel great, love everything about them

• Like 2

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

16 hours ago, MerryTex said:

Here they are @pga43!

I am really liking how slim the top line looks at address. Wow. They are more slim than the 620CB and will play more forgiving. Now that's a combination I am looking for!

AC6_7429.jpg.fb394cd67d8ad7ec6782ac1742ab8186.jpg

AC6_7437.jpg.71cc50cd63b079aee96b04505ad52ffd.jpg

AC6_7447.jpg.5a2bee764fae95aeb785841008268676.jpg

AC6_7452.jpg.bc7c0afa073fac6081c4bf263ca63669.jpg

AC6_7468.jpg.03d36d9633cffefbd0278af654cd68cd.jpg

Sexy time. Can't wait to get mine next week. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, darkman8 said:

Ordered a set of Left Handed T-100S on 7/29. Found out today that the lefty heads are backordered. They are waiting for a shipment but don’t have a firm date of when they are coming in. Does anyone have any better info for us southpaws? 

Set makeup and any lie adjustment ?

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

9 minutes ago, JourdanM said:

Set makeup and any lie adjustment ?

LH, 5-pw, standard lie and lofts. KBS $ Taper stiff shafts and whatever grips they have in stock in the box. I’ll get them gripped with what I want when they come in. They said they have the shafts but are waiting on the LH heads to come in. Couldn’t give me a good estimate on that. 

Bummer. I got the "in production" email on 8/26. Just called today 9/3 and was told 5-PW T100S bent degree weak with PX LZ 6.0 +1/2 inch and 1 degree upright and tour velvet midsize wont have all parts in until week of 9/22 and I should expect shipping email in early October. Said it was the heads holding it up.

And to think the mighty Titleist can't even support pre-orders with retail just beginning to fit and order for the masses. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

On 9/2/2021 at 9:09 AM, JStang said:

I'm back in the mix! Sent payment for a 4-PW set of T100 irons with AMT X100 shafts (soft stepped one time) this morning. I am going to re-shaft with a set of KBS $ Taper HT 125 shafts. I am looking forward to this build and hope to get them on the course next week. 

Just be careful Jer, they will SW 2pts heavier 

1 hour ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

Just be careful Jer, they will SW 2pts heavier 

My target build is D4 swing weight at +1/4” so I should be fine. I used the same shafts in my current 716 CB/MB combo with no issues.

19 hours ago, Tdsjfb said:

And to think the mighty Titleist can't even support pre-orders with retail just beginning to fit and order for the masses. 

This is not a Titleist problem.  This is an everyone problem.  ...and not specific to golf.  Steel is not only in short supply, but is also skyrocketing in price.  And it has been this way all year.  I buy steel all day long for a structural steel fabricator, and have gone from using 2 main suppliers to calling everyone in the state to find steel.  And now having to order mill direct and wait for the steel to be produced in some cases.  It seems everything is in short supply these days.  Along with everyone's patience!  I am waiting on my T100s heads to arrive at my club builder as well.  This problem is not going away soon.

Good luck, everyone on getting your new toys!

Titleist TSR4

Titleist TSR3

Titleist TSi3

Titleist T100s

Vokey SM9

Cameron Notchback

Quick review/initial impressions of the new T100s. I ordered 5 - PW with MMT 105s shafts from Fairway Jockey. The build was spot on perfect. I gravitated to the 100s last year as I’m used to playing sets with a 48* PW and this set is basically like my old 4 - PW sets of years ago. 

First off, the sole design is DEFINITELY different than the ‘19 model. I’m not 100% sold on that yet. I took some monster divots with them today and the ‘19’s would always shallow out and not really dig. I compare them to the JPX 919 Tour sole. Clean strikes are heavenly, but when I get steep - it really shows. Easy to “go down” and dig one out of the rough with the new sole. 

The muscle channel or cutaway really makes the ball jump off of the 5, 6, and 7 irons. Noticeably easier to launch these versus the ‘19 model (with the same shafts). I cannot tell a difference between the new 8 - GW compared to the ‘19 model. I love these short irons and happy they are point and shoot like the ‘19’s. 

I’m going to give these a few more rounds before I decide to stick with them or keep playing my ‘19 model. Sole design matters more to me than a little extra forgiveness in the long irons. For some reason, the Titleist pre-worn sole always worked well for me and that’s going to be hard to give up. 

I’ll report back after a few more rounds. 

• Like 2