2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

On 9/2/2021 at 8:23 PM, CasualLie said:

Thanks to Nippon, looks like my order for T100 with Modus3, which was supposed to be last week, is delayed to November.  A bummer...but not because of the wait, but more so because I got bored and bough a set off the rack of T200 for fun.  Now I have to take back everything positive I said about T200 because for me they absolutely suck.  Put a set in play today and they are horrid.  Yes, the offset is reduced from previous model, but they are clunky and horrible feel.  What part of this club is forged?  It feels like a brick.  Now I have to return for credit and I have no idea what I need for $1300...try nothing...or just dump them at a loss.

What a f'd world we we live in where OEMs release club to zero fanfare because they cannot even fulfill initial orders.  It feels like dealing with some kickstarter campaign, not Titleist.

You mean orders are delayed? Who could have predicted that?????

go try another brand and see how it works out for you

Edited by toddyc
  • Like 1

Hey guys. I ordered a set of 2019 T100S with AMT White shafts on the 1st of May in the UK. I was told 4-5 weeks for delivery. The clubs still haven’t arrived 4 months later and I am being told there is still no eta. And since ordering, the new model have now been released which is very frustrating. I am trying to cancel the order, and re order the new model,  am I within my rights to cancel? Thanks 

I now have a couple rounds with the new T-100’s. Net-net, they are firmer than the previous version, fly the same distance, but have a higher ball flight/peak than the previous version.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

13 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

T300 result update.  Have played 45 holes with the new irons.   18 hole league round snd 27 hole tournament round.   

I hit the ball really really well in the 18 hole round, I literally had my worst putting day ever -39 putts for a 91.  But the irons were really on point.  Only hit 5 greens. But still getting used to the distance on the first round out resulted in a few misses.  

The 27 hole was a 9-9-9 format.  The first 9 was better ball. And I had a personal best 38 playing each hole out.  During the scramble and alternate shot part, I hit several great shots as well.   As a team we took 4th at 114.   Not bad for a 17 and 9 handicap.   When 1st and 2nd place teams had three scratch and a 4.   

These irons are performing in so many areas.  I’m able to play a 5 iron again where I had moved to a hybrid with my previous set.  

It’s hard to really view these a GI clubs.  They look so good, sure a bit of offset and a slightly thicker line than players irons.   But certainly not off putting and the sole (see below compared to ZX5 on left and RadSpeed on right) really allows for some good turf interaction.  Just enough bounce to not dig but also not so much that you can’t feel taking  a proper divot.  

The chrome finish just really stands out in the bag as well.   Again only 45 holes in.  But I can’t recall ever being as happy with a set of irons. 

28AEAAC2-9DCE-4416-9223-B5E3B5007A6D.jpeg

I am playing the ZX5s right now and switching to the T300 (when they arrive). Hoping to have a similar experience as you. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 5:22 PM, SMUGamer said:

My new T100's 4-P / Tour Issue X100's / TV Cords logos down showed up today!!! 👏🙋🏻‍♂️

T100's 1.jpg

T100's 2 .jpg

T100's 3 .jpg

IMG_5123.heic 1.08 MB · 17 downloads

Couple of range sessions and first round under my belt - they have kicked my Miura TC 201's out of the bag. Will report back after a few more rounds but so far, absolutely loving the flight, feel, and distance control I'm getting with these irons. Great addition to my TSi woods. First time ever to have an all Titleist bag. They knocked it out of the park for me this year! Go Titleist! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carson33 said:

I now have a couple rounds with the new T-100’s. Net-net, they are firmer than the previous version, fly the same distance, but have a higher ball flight/peak than the previous version.

I keep seeing a bit higher flight and spin from people on here and youtube videos so I'm probably just keeping my original T100. I'm already on the high/high side so can't go for more. Not sure I want to go T100s since I don't need more distance it would mess with gapping inside 150. These new ones look amazing though the finish is 100x better.

Edited by HappyGilmore22

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

I have 4 rounds in now with the T200, quite possibly my favorite set of irons, nothing I don’t like, very impressed with looks, performance, feel.

They did an exceptional job on these.

• Like 2

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

2 hours ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

I keep seeing a bit higher flight and spin from people on here and youtube videos so I'm probably just keeping my original T100. I'm already on the high/high side so can't go for more. Not sure I want to go T100s since I don't need more distance it would mess with gapping inside 150. These new ones look amazing though the finish is 100x better.

I would take YouTube video reviews and forum comments here with a grain of salt, hence, why fitting is very important. Most reviews (IMO) by YouTubers and comments in this forum are for the most part only hitting the stock configs or same shaft they are using from current iron for handful of shots then passing judgement on the club, which is lazy testing and reviewing. 

When I went for fitting, I initially was spinning and hitting it too high for the stock shaft in the T100 and T100S. Long story short, fitter dialed me in for free upgrade shaft to get my optimal ball flight and numbers after hitting a ton of balls. I opted for T100S since I could use extra distance especially on days when I’m not feeling 100%. I think with you’re current T100 and not wanting extra distance, I’m guessing you’ll see marginal gains with this years version of the T100. But it’s always awesome to have something new and shiny😃 

15 hours ago, DJHoust said:

Hey guys. I ordered a set of 2019 T100S with AMT White shafts on the 1st of May in the UK. I was told 4-5 weeks for delivery. The clubs still haven’t arrived 4 months later and I am being told there is still no eta. And since ordering, the new model have now been released which is very frustrating. I am trying to cancel the order, and re order the new model,  am I within my rights to cancel? Thanks 

After waiting about 12  weeks for the 2019 T100S models, called my Titleist fitter/rep and swapped heads to the new model - not quite a cancel.  Note: I was fitted at a Titleist Thursday.  Hopefully I'll get them by the end of this month so I'm told.

I’m wondering what you all think of a blending option I’m considering — fitting carts don’t have 5 irons unfortunately so there’s no real way I can test this before ordering…

I start to need some forgiveness at the 6 iron, and really by the 5 iron. I get pretty good gapping right now (165-ish 6 iron with my 30 degree JPX 921 Tour, then 178-ish with my 26 degree JPX 921 Forged 5 iron). 

I was thinking about going T100S 7-PW, then T200 6 iron (28 degrees), then T300 5 iron (23 degrees).

I wonder how big that gap would be. Anybody out there blending T200 and T300? What are you all seeing?

The upside here is, I could ditch my 22 degree 4 utility iron and use the 5 for that purpose as well. I’ve been looking for a way to make room for an extra fairway wood in the bag.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

On 9/5/2021 at 9:48 PM, SMUGamer said:

Couple of range sessions and first round under my belt - they have kicked my Miura TC 201's out of the bag. Will report back after a few more rounds but so far, absolutely loving the flight, feel, and distance control I'm getting with these irons. Great addition to my TSi woods. First time ever to have an all Titleist bag. They knocked it out of the park for me this year! Go Titleist! 

I'm coming from the same set, TC-201 and waiting on the same build T100 TI X100. Hoping for the same experience. The biggest performance difference I noticed in testing was turf interaction. I think the TC-201 sole was just too wide/not ideal for me.

• Like 1
  • Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

3 hours ago, RonSwanson said:

I'm coming from the same set, TC-201 and waiting on the same build T100 TI X100. Hoping for the same experience. The biggest performance difference I noticed in testing was turf interaction. I think the TC-201 sole was just too wide/not ideal for me.

My problem with the TC 201's was having X7's in them which created too heavy of an overall club. As you know, Miura makes heavy heads, which is great and very helpful with most shafts but not necessarily with a heavy shaft like the X7 (heavy/heavy). I LOVE the TC 201 heads as much or more than anything out today, just need my go-to TI X100's in them, which I will probably change out. In the meantime, these T100's are great. Glad I didn't get the T100s because these go far enough. My T100/X100 combo was going one full club to 1.5 times further than my 201's/X7's. And lastly, turf interaction was fine for me. For some reason, must be the way I strike the ball first, Ive never noticed differences in turf interactions between different clubs. Just never resonates with me, so I am probably not a good judge of turf interaction. 

11 minutes ago, SMUGamer said:

My problem with the TC 201's was having X7's in them which created too heavy of an overall club. As you know, Miura makes heavy heads, which is great and very helpful with most shafts but not necessarily with a heavy shaft like the X7 (heavy/heavy). I LOVE the TC 201 heads as much or more than anything out today, just need my go-to TI X100's in them, which I will probably change out. In the meantime, these T100's are great. Glad I didn't get the T100s because these go far enough. My T100/X100 combo was going one full club to 1.5 times further than my 201's/X7's. And lastly, turf interaction was fine for me. For some reason, must be the way I strike the ball first, Ive never noticed differences in turf interactions between different clubs. Just never resonates with me, so I am probably not a good judge of turf interaction. 

I played a set of MC-501 with X7s prior to the TC-201s, so I definitively know what you mean about managing the overall weight. Going back to the X-100 gave that familiar feel and I don't have to work as hard, which is nice as I'm not getting any younger or playing as often as I would like.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

My end of July order now estimated as an end of September delivery, sounds like the X7's are the holdup.  Honestly it's about what I expected - as many have posted if you're in any industry that requires materials these days it's not just some simple "oh, why didn't you plan for delays or have backup suppliers ready" question.  You could call every supplier on the planet, get 5 guaranteed contracts, and have none of them come through because the entire supply chain is just an unpredictable mess.

Just means I get a few more rounds with the 921's so I'll have more data before they arrive...

Played a few rounds now with the new T100S 6-7 and T100 8-G. Upgraded from the original T100S bent 1 weak which I liked a lot. If anything these are slightly more demanding, have a tendency to fly just a touch higher and maybe 2-300 rpm more spin on well struck shots. The feel while good is a bit firm but feedback is great on mishits. Doesn't really have that buttery soft Mizuno/Miura feel but is a very good feeling club in a different way. Have shot a couple of 74's at my home club and headed to a tougher track tomorrow to test their mettle.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

59 minutes ago, pukujuhla said:

Just never been a fan of the Titleist feel vs Mizuno, I know this is a hot topic, BUT, I really  like the look of the 100s.

Same boat. Played Mizuno blades, starting with the MP 14's, MP29's, etc, most of my life. These new T100's feel great compared to all my Mizzy blades. No real noticeable difference (at least for me). Played Titleist MB's years ago for a very short period and traded them in because I couldn't stand the clickiness coming from Mizzy blades. 

26 minutes ago, DCDeac said:

My end of July order now estimated as an end of September delivery, sounds like the X7's are the holdup.  Honestly it's about what I expected - as many have posted if you're in any industry that requires materials these days it's not just some simple "oh, why didn't you plan for delays or have backup suppliers ready" question.  You could call every supplier on the planet, get 5 guaranteed contracts, and have none of them come through because the entire supply chain is just an unpredictable mess.

Just means I get a few more rounds with the 921's so I'll have more data before they arrive...

My X7's that are in my TC 201's took 6 months to get. 🤢

On 9/5/2021 at 6:57 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

T300 result update.  Have played 45 holes with the new irons.   18 hole league round snd 27 hole tournament round.   

I hit the ball really really well in the 18 hole round, I literally had my worst putting day ever -39 putts for a 91.  But the irons were really on point.  Only hit 5 greens. But still getting used to the distance on the first round out resulted in a few misses.  

The 27 hole was a 9-9-9 format.  The first 9 was better ball. And I had a personal best 38 playing each hole out.  During the scramble and alternate shot part, I hit several great shots as well.   As a team we took 4th at 114.   Not bad for a 17 and 9 handicap.   When 1st and 2nd place teams had three scratch and a 4.   

These irons are performing in so many areas.  I’m able to play a 5 iron again where I had moved to a hybrid with my previous set.  

It’s hard to really view these a GI clubs.  They look so good, sure a bit of offset and a slightly thicker line than players irons.   But certainly not off putting and the sole (see below compared to ZX5 on left and RadSpeed on right) really allows for some good turf interaction.  Just enough bounce to not dig but also not so much that you can’t feel taking  a proper divot.  

The chrome finish just really stands out in the bag as well.   Again only 45 holes in.  But I can’t recall ever being as happy with a set of irons. 

I took a look at the T300 and Dicks and was really surprised how good these looked. Not huge game improvement looking by any means. 

• Like 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

29 minutes ago, JStang said:

I took a look at the T300 and Dicks and was really surprised how good these looked. Not huge game improvement looking by any means. 

Exactly right. I’ve gotten a few compliments already on how good they look.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Hit the T300 over the weekend at GG and loved them. I think Im going with 5.5 LZ. The heavier shaft (compared to my current AMT Blacks in the 2019 T200) was really working. Assume Id be waiting about 6 weeks if ordered soon?

TSR3 Driver/Fairway/Hybrid

2023 T200 (4i - 48*) 

SM10 52F* & 56S*
Newport Select 1.5

-ProV1X

8 minutes ago, pb_n_joe said:

Anyone who ordered T100 irons with PX 6.5 - how long was the estimated delivery window and how long did it actually take (better or worse than estimated)?

This is what I ordered on 8/2 and was told last week to expect them to ship out at the end of this week. We’ll see.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisGio315 said:

Hit the T300 over the weekend at GG and loved them. I think Im going with 5.5 LZ. The heavier shaft (compared to my current AMT Blacks in the 2019 T200) was really working. Assume Id be waiting about 6 weeks if ordered soon?

I think that’s about right. Possibly a bit sooner, but I wouldn’t think any longer than that from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

Vokey

On 9/5/2021 at 6:57 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

First round today with T300s coming from original PXG 0211s. The T300s are only 2 degrees stronger, but I was hitting them a full club or more longer. And they go higher and stop quicker. Really easy to hit. Extremely forgiving for such a compact head. I mishit a couple pretty bad, but lost almost no distance. Missed a couple of greens long but I'll get the distances dialed in after a few more rounds. Still hit 12 greens which is more than acceptable considering I just threw these irons straight into the bag.

They don't feel as soft as the 0211s but that's to be expected. If I stay with these, I'll have to take a hybrid out and add a wedge though. I hit the pitching wedge 135 and gap wedge 125 leaving a 20 yard gap from my 54 degree sand wedge.  I'll have to go 52, 56, 60. 

Overall, I think I'll like them. But they'll have to be good to knock the 0211s out of the bag because I really love those irons. The T300s are probably the best looking game improvement iron for low handicap players like me who don't want shovels or tons of offset. I think a lot of guys on here would score better if their ego would let them play these.  So far so good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bt31 said:

First round today with T300s coming from original PXG 0211s. The T300s are only 2 degrees stronger, but I was hitting them a full club or more longer. And they go higher and stop quicker. Really easy to hit. Extremely forgiving for such a compact head. I mishit a couple pretty bad, but lost almost no distance. Missed a couple of greens long but I'll get the distances dialed in after a few more rounds. Still hit 12 greens which is more than acceptable considering I just threw these irons straight into the bag.

They don't feel as soft as the 0211s but that's to be expected. If I stay with these, I'll have to take a hybrid out and add a wedge though. I hit the pitching wedge 135 and gap wedge 125 leaving a 20 yard gap from my 54 degree sand wedge.  I'll have to go 52, 56, 60. 

Overall, I think I'll like them. But they'll have to be good to knock the 0211s out of the bag because I really love those irons. The T300s are probably the best looking game improvement iron for low handicap players like me who don't want shovels or tons of offset. I think a lot of guys on here would score better if their ego would let them play these.  So far so good. 

What shafts did you go with?

TSR3 Driver/Fairway/Hybrid

2023 T200 (4i - 48*) 

SM10 52F* & 56S*
Newport Select 1.5

-ProV1X

15 hours ago, pb_n_joe said:

Anyone who ordered T100 irons with PX 6.5 - how long was the estimated delivery window and how long did it actually take (better or worse than estimated)?

I got my T-200 utility 3 iron and T-200 4 iron with a PX 6.5 yesterday.  Haven't heard anything yet on the 5-PW T-100S which have PX 6.5, the 4 iron was ordered the same day as the 5-PW though. The 3 iron was ordered a few days before. Been about a month since the irons were ordered.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/Ventus Blue TR 7x

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

10 hours ago, Bt31 said:

Great post and really good points.  It's cool to see a low single digit player comment on them like that.  Agree completely about the ego part, and as a higher handciap (17) I think these are finally the set that will get me to stay in that lane, and not try to push my ability to something less forgivng. 

On a similar note, last ngiht we had a Titleist fitting day at our course.  One of the last players to be fit is a very solid player, probably around an 8 or 9.  He came in looking at the T200 but left ordering the T300, while the numbers were pretty close overall, he just felt the T300 were so much easier to hit and gave him extra yards on those less than perfect strikes.   He thought they looked very good for a GI profile.    He had no problem putting them in the bag. 

• Like 2

Vokey

I thought this was a really cool video of Steve Elkington testing the new T100 and T100S irons. You can genuinely tell how nice he thinks these irons are which says a lot about a guy who has been around the block a time or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjv_4dxuaU

Edited by JStang

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D