2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

1 hour ago, ChrisGio315 said:

What shafts did you go with?

I normally play high launch regular flex steel shafts like Elevate 95s, Nippon 950 or XP95s. So I assumed I'd get the AMT Red in these. But the fitter talked me into trying the Tensei Red graphite. They went a little higher and gave me more spin. Dispersion was the same as steel. I would not have considered graphite had he not suggested it. My 7 iron SS is about 78 mph and driver is around 90 mph. 

I'm 52 and pretty fit so I didn't think I'd look at graphite for another 10 years. It will still take a few more rounds before I know if I made the right choice. But so far, I can definitely see some benefits. In addition to the higher launch and spin, they are just easier to swing because of the lighter weight. But the swing weight is fine and you can definitely feel where the head is. After I play a few more rounds, I will go back and compare them to my steel shafted set to see what I think then. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Great post and really good points.  It's cool to see a low single digit player comment on them like that.  Agree completely about the ego part, and as a higher handciap (17) I think these are finally the set that will get me to stay in that lane, and not try to push my ability to something less forgivng. 

On a similar note, last ngiht we had a Titleist fitting day at our course.  One of the last players to be fit is a very solid player, probably around an 8 or 9.  He came in looking at the T200 but left ordering the T300, while the numbers were pretty close overall, he just felt the T300 were so much easier to hit and gave him extra yards on those less than perfect strikes.   He thought they looked very good for a GI profile.    He had no problem putting them in the bag. 

I went in thinking I'd prefer the T200 as well. But after hitting them, I liked the T300 better. The T200 were significantly less forgiving for me at  least. And I thought the T300 sounded a little better. I could play the T200 but it'd just make me work harder. I've gone back and forth between players irons and game improvement irons for several years now. I've concluded that I want as much forgiveness as I can get in a lower offset, compact head. There are more options that fit that description than ever before so I assume there are other players out there who feel the same way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone heard anything about the Tensei Red graphite shaft with T300? 

My old man ordered his T300 27/8 (27th July UK) preordered blind, 5-AW, standard everything but with the graphite Tensei Red. The store that we ordered from reckons mid October delivery. 12 weeks lead time?

Unless they got confused with my order which is T200 ordered on 15/8. 4i-AW, + 0.5" with KBS C Taper 130X, standard everything else. Which was still hoping for sooner around 6 weeks for end of September. 

1 hour ago, MagicTurtle said:

My old man ordered his T300 27/8 (27th July UK) preordered blind, 5-AW, standard everything but with the graphite Tensei Red. The store that we ordered from reckons mid October delivery. 12 weeks lead time?

Unless they got confused with my order which is T200 ordered on 15/8. 4i-AW, + 0.5" with KBS C Taper 130X, standard everything else. Which was still hoping for sooner around 6 weeks for end of September. 

I ordered a set of T200 for my girlfriend with Tensei Red AM2 R flex on 7/30 (pre-order here in the US), and clubs were delivered yesterday. Her specs were 2 flat and 1” short. Hopefully your dad gets his clubs soon! Gorgeous irons.

Edited by maomaobear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° | Fujikura Speeder NX 5R

Titleist TSi2 Fairway 16.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R

Titleist TSi2 Fairway 21° | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65S

Tour Edge Exotics E722 Hybrid 22° | Fujikura Ventus Blue Hybrid 8S

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-A | Recoil 95 F4

Vokey SM9 54S 58M | Nippon Modus Tour 120R

Scotty Cameron 009M

Bridgestone Tour B RXS

2 hours ago, MagicTurtle said:

That's the shaft I have in mine.   They were ordered as soon as orders could be placed, and I got them last week.  So right around 4 weeks, I'm in the US as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

2 hours ago, MagicTurtle said:

Reg and Stiff Tensei Red are out of stock until 26th September in the UK

Thats the current status for new orders

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JStang said:

I thought this was a really cool video of Steve Elkington testing the new T100 and T100S irons. You can genuinely tell how nice he thinks these irons are which says a lot about a guy who has been around the block a time or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjv_4dxuaU

Great video. Fitting / review videos with pure ball strikers are so fun to watch - allows the differences in head design and shafts speak for themselves.

Tried these out tonight. Initial impressions were good across the line. Went in for T200 and it felt better than I expected however T100 was the better fit. Amt 100 was good. Fitter put in ctaper 120 and the T100 came to life for me and was super easy to hit. Tempted to order even with the longer wait times of the ctaper. Below is the numbers I was getting with T100 Ctaper 120 S. Pretty happy with the results. 

61DF4203-6D7F-4EED-8456-019A7B81FABD.jpeg

1 hour ago, pb_n_joe said:

Great video. Fitting / review videos with pure ball strikers are so fun to watch - allows the differences in head design and shafts speak for themselves.

Gotta love Elk. Still the worst at wearing anything remotely goes together.... But what a swing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Titleist_Baller said:

Tried these out tonight. Initial impressions were good across the line. Went in for T200 and it felt better than I expected however T100 was the better fit. Amt 100 was good. Fitter put in ctaper 120 and the T100 came to life for me and was super easy to hit. Tempted to order even with the longer wait times of the ctaper. Below is the numbers I was getting with T100 Ctaper 120 S. Pretty happy with the results. 

61DF4203-6D7F-4EED-8456-019A7B81FABD.jpeg

If I were a fitter I’d put you in the 100S to give you added ball speed and get your land angle closer to 50*. Probably a few yards too.

• Like 1

My order is in for processing.  Will probably take 4 - 6 weeks supposedly.  😞

T200 - 4,5,6

T100s - 7 - PW 

KBS Tour 90 shafts

I can't wait to get these in hand! 

image.png.83e3910ed9fa499d3baa1200e05d5a3d.png

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

2 hours ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

I would go and hit them again with that combo. Even at 6K spin you’re still in prime time fitting range at 50* land angle.

Not really sure what you mean by “dropped off”

First, the spin in his screenshot is an algorithm; which means the Trackman is "guessing".  However, to get 6820 RPM, peak height of 131' with only a -1.2 attack angle is amazing.  With that swing speed, most guys would have to hit down -4 to -5 degrees to get that spin, but that height!? Wow.

Edited by Carson33
spelling

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

6 minutes ago, Carson33 said:

First, the spin in his screenshot is an algorithm; which means the Trackman is "guessing".  However, to get 6820 RPM, peak height of 131' with only a -1.2 attack angle is amazing.  With that swing speed, most guys would have to hit down -4 to -5 degrees to get that spin, but that height!? Wow.

So you like what you see? I’m leaning towards not changing anything. 

45 minutes ago, Carson33 said:

with that height and spin, the wind is going to chew it up though. I’m not saying a drastic change but even 500 less spin is ideal. And 55* land angle is too high for that speed, he needs 45-50* for optimal. 

Edited by Brooks Cupcake
  • Like 1

Here is a question... Is there any benefit ordering directly from Titleist or should I go through my local Golf Galaxy? Or maybe a local golf course?

I've always purchased my irons from the Classifieds here so I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

TSR3 Driver/Fairway/Hybrid

2023 T200 (4i - 48*) 

SM10 52F* & 56S*
Newport Select 1.5

-ProV1X

27 minutes ago, Titleist_Baller said:

So you like what you see? I’m leaning towards not changing anything. 

Personally, I would not like to hit it that high with that much spin.  However, this game is an individual sport and you do whatever brings you the most enjoyment and allows YOU to shoot your lowest scores.

I tend to try and get about 6000 rpm and peak height around 100' which gives me a good landing angle and the ball tends to stop right where it hits.

Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid

25 minutes ago, Brooks Cupcake said:

with that height and spin, the wind is going to chew it up though. I’m saying drastic change but even 500 less spin is ideal. And 55* land angle is too high for that speed, he needs 45-50* for optimal. 

I would agree on this statement Brooks.

My comment was really stating how I did not think it was possible to get that much spin and height with ONLY -1.2 attack angle. Using Physics, I do not know how it happens.  Must be how the shaft is unloading into the impact area.

Edited by Carson33
added text
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid

20 minutes ago, Carson33 said:

I would agree on this statement Brooks.

My comment was really stating how I did not think it was possible to get that much spin and height with ONLY -1.2 attack angle. Using Physics, I do not know how it happens.  Must be how the shaft is unloading into the impact area.

Maybe trackman was off? 

15 hours ago, mizuno player said:

Gotta love Elk. Still the worst at wearing anything remotely goes together.... But what a swing. 

Is it just me, or is that club fitter just completely lacking in social skill?

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSi3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

Mizuno Pro 223 $ Taper HT 130x

Vokey SM7 50F, 55S KBS Hi Rev 2.0 135x

Vokey SM9 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125x

Ping PLD Kushin 4/TP Mills Dale/TP Mills Nellie

Pro V1

1 hour ago, ChrisGio315 said:

Here is a question... Is there any benefit ordering directly from Titleist or should I go through my local Golf Galaxy? Or maybe a local golf course?

I've always purchased my irons from the Classifieds here so I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

Benefit of ordering directly from Titleist is that you can get status on your order any time you want fairly easy. Benefit to GG is that you can use your scorecard and get some points. I don't know if everyone has it, but I had a 1x per year where I can get triple points on a purchase. Used it when I ordered my clubs and ended up with $140 Dick's cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hwwong said:

Is it just me, or is that club fitter just completely lacking in social skill?

I took delivery of my T100's today. These are so damn sexy. I will reshaft this weekend and hopefully get a few swings in on Sunday. 

• Like 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

4 minutes ago, MrShield said:

Can you please make measurements for me first? Would really appreciate it 😊

Thanks

Sure. You can also look at the lower step of the shaft to see if it has been soft stepped or not. If the 9 and PW are the same length ,they haven't been soft stepped. If they are different, they have been. 

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

32 minutes ago, JStang said:

Sure. You can also look at the lower step of the shaft to see if it has been soft stepped or not. If the 9 and PW are the same length ,they haven't been soft stepped. If they are different, they have been. 

This is a little confusing, are you sure that is correct. For example:

If we start with 8 iron as an example. 

7 iron shaft goes into 8 iron.

8 iron shaft goes into 9 iron.

9 and P iron shaft are the same, so to actually get it soft stepped we need to:

8 iron shaft goes in to PW. 

This means 9 iron and PW iron will have the same shaft/stepping. 

I’m pretty sure @BirdieBob can confirm this. If I recall correctly he had a set of Soft stepped AMT X100 a few years back and I think he provided pictures of it. 

Also - I ordered a 48:10F with soft stepped AMT x100 from Titleist in July and it was provided with a 8 iron shaft (in wedge length of course).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisGio315 said:

For one, and it may have changed, but order through Titleist or someone to order direct and you’ll be able to get replacement clubs, or order sets based on past orders to your specs. Obviously that changes set to set, but you really don’t save buying them anywhere if “new”. 

ive always used Discount Dan’s, it’s really easy and all my stuff is factory direct. 

• Like 1