2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

8 hours ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

How is the finish holding up on the T100 for everyone? JPX 919 Tours I had looked amazing at first with the more brush finish but started to look pretty dull after only a few weeks.

Mine still look amazing. Some folks have posted early wear in their irons but i clean mine religiously and they have stayed in great shape. There’s some minor faint scratching happening to some of the faces but that’s just part of playing irons. Happened to my mp20 mbs as well. Forged irons are soft and wear happens. I was worried from some posts about the faces scratching and changing their coloring. Nothing has happened on mine that isn’t out of the norm. 

Got an order status update today. T100s went from "in process" to "not ordered". For context I ordered 8/20 and have since received the driver that was a part of that order. When it shipped the status update said "shipped". I sure hope this is just some input error and not some accidental cancellation thats going to somehow set me to the back of the line..

Ordered 9/23 through Golf Galaxy --- T100s w/ C Taper X stiffs and mid size tour velvet -- update I got today was that they are just waiting on heads, likely mid december.

Interesting side note -- the guy was telling me their ping rep was just in the store and told them not to expect any new bags, at all, in 2022.

16 hours ago, DatDude7984 said:

Mine still look amazing. Some folks have posted early wear in their irons but i clean mine religiously and they have stayed in great shape. There’s some minor faint scratching happening to some of the faces but that’s just part of playing irons. Happened to my mp20 mbs as well. Forged irons are soft and wear happens. I was worried from some posts about the faces scratching and changing their coloring. Nothing has happened on mine that isn’t out of the norm. 

Same here. Attached is my 9-iron which is the most used in my bag so far. After about 5 rounds and range sessions, there’s some minor dings and scratches but nothing that is offensive or really bothers me. It’s expected with just about any forged heads that are as soft as these unless you are OCD and using iron covers for each and every shot. For those it does bother, then forged heads are probably not for you 😉

1BACE065-0300-4B6B-BFB3-2C159B08EC38.jpeg

B63F3CEB-A4BE-49A9-B97C-56AE9ABAB40A.jpeg

03DDB34E-D77D-4DB3-9F93-1B2D88415C20.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lefty96 said:

Got an order status update today. T100s went from "in process" to "not ordered". For context I ordered 8/20 and have since received the driver that was a part of that order. When it shipped the status update said "shipped". I sure hope this is just some input error and not some accidental cancellation thats going to somehow set me to the back of the line..

Got the same thing - had my proshop call - it got delayed again but order was not cancelled.  Magically the status is updated again.  I ordered mine on August 4th and at the time of the fitting was told they would be delivered before the retail launch (august 26th).  It’s kinda laughable and no proactive approach from titleist - the date slips further every time they call (because I can’t call anymore - as there policy changed).  I play titleist all thru the bag and this may be it for me - as they are saying late November at the earliest.

6 hours ago, cma8516 said:

Ordered 9/23 through Golf Galaxy --- T100s w/ C Taper X stiffs and mid size tour velvet -- update I got today was that they are just waiting on heads, likely mid december.

Interesting side note -- the guy was telling me their ping rep was just in the store and told them not to expect any new bags, at all, in 2022.

I was wondering about the bag front. I went ahead and ordered the Vessel Player III as soon as it was available. 

4 hours ago, C009 said:

I’ve mentioned this somewhere before. But if KBS is your shaft company, buy a set of T whatever you want and send them to KBS and have them install new shafts. It’s done through their tour department, in less than a week, and they are freaking awesome. I have the T100’s and they are the best clubs I’ve ever hit in 30 years of playing golf. Long, forgiving, and beautiful. (I had the tour spec stiff Tour V’s installed.)

6A95C2DC-4F81-403F-AE35-1DD11B38124E.jpeg

What a gorgeous combination! 

• Thanks 1

I'm a couple rounds in with my new T100 irons.  I agree with the last few posters that these are just solid, great feeling irons.  I've been playing 716 mb's for the last 3-4 years and wanted to maintain a similar look at address but add some forgiveness.  The short irons in the T100 appear nearly identical at address, the long irons are slightly chunkier but look really clean.  The turf interaction is exceptional, the feel is wonderful.  I gained at least 5 yards on all my irons going to the T100 and I'm still dialing that element in with gapping but so far I absolutely love these irons.  Also, the forgiveness factor is strong in the T100 irons.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 9:37 PM, Lefty96 said:

I got a hold of titleist and they didn't have an answer for why my clubs status updated to "not ordered" but they did still have my order on file and informed me it went into production and should ship within the next 7-10 days. Woke up to a surprise notification email that my clubs have shipped! Due to arrive early next week. t100s project X 6.0 1* upright, standard grips. 

On 8/27/2021 at 5:22 PM, SMUGamer said:

My new T100's 4-P / Tour Issue X100's / TV Cords logos down showed up today!!! 👏🙋🏻‍♂️

T100's 1.jpg

T100's 2 .jpg

T100's 3 .jpg

IMG_5123.heic 1.08 MB · 24 downloads

I have 2 rounds with these and just going to go ahead and stick with my TC 201's. They are great performers but so are my TC 201's and just not really much difference so either going to return these for full credit or if someone wants them to save the manufacturer delay, hit me up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SMUGamer said:

I have 2 rounds with these and just going to go ahead and stick with my TC 201's. They are great performers but so are my TC 201's and just not really much difference so either going to return these for full credit or if someone wants them to save the manufacturer delay, hit me up. 

gorgeous!!! how do those feel compared to the TC 201s?

how's the turf interaction between those two...

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Viper4225 said:

gorgeous!!! how do those feel compared to the TC 201s?

how's the turf interaction between those two...

Thanks!

Thanks buddy!

Feel is subjective but very similar, for me. Turf interaction is also about the same. I seriously wouldn't know the difference if I was blindfolded.....

• Like 2

Finally got my u505 out to the range. I had a terrible day swinging with all my clubs so I can definitely speak to how forgiving the u505 is. I got the 3 with Tensei White 90x. Very forgiving and straight with a mid-flight. The few center strikes I had felt explosive in a good way. The off-center shots felt pretty bad, to be honest. Real clanky and hand stinging, but I was swinging it terribly today and even my wedges felt harsh so will chalk it up to me just being bad at golf. Performance was outstanding for such poor strikes and swings. I will probably swap this in and out with the 5 wood. I feel like this thing has so much more control and accuracy than the 5 wood and for me off the deck was definitely a playable trajectory. I was laughing out loud at how consistent it was flying with poor strikes. If I can just figure out how to find the center of the face a bit more consistently this will be a nice addition to the top end. Likely just be a ball position thing. 

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

12 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

Finally got my u505 out to the range. I had a terrible day swinging with all my clubs so I can definitely speak to how forgiving the u505 is. I got the 3 with Tensei White 90x. Very forgiving and straight with a mid-flight. The few center strikes I had felt explosive in a good way. The off-center shots felt pretty bad, to be honest. Real clanky and hand stinging, but I was swinging it terribly today and even my wedges felt harsh so will chalk it up to me just being bad at golf. Performance was outstanding for such poor strikes and swings. I will probably swap this in and out with the 5 wood. I feel like this thing has so much more control and accuracy than the 5 wood and for me off the deck was definitely a playable trajectory. I was laughing out loud at how consistent it was flying with poor strikes. If I can just figure out how to find the center of the face a bit more consistently this will be a nice addition to the top end. Likely just be a ball position thing. 

Glad to see a u505 review. I’m still waiting on mine with a hzrdus smoke black RDX shaft, along with a 100s/200 combo. Hoping it works as well as my previous SIM UDI.

32 minutes ago, zrheisler22 said:

Man I want to order a T200 4 and 5 iron but seeing the delays everyone is having, I really don’t want to deal with it.

At this point I would rather buy off-shelf or from here than waiting for ever. I just heard update that My order has been delayed another 6 weeks ….. 

9 minutes ago, golfer55082 said:

At this point I would rather buy off-shelf or from here than waiting for ever. I just heard update that My order has been delayed another 6 weeks ….. 

I’m semi fortunate that the original T100s fit me off the rack without needing any tweaks. I just mainly want to get the 4 iron upgraded

Well Titleist told me last week that it was mid-november on the Tsi3 woods I ordered along with my t-100 set which is 'hopefully early-mid december', but the woods just shipped.... seems a bit chaotic over there at Titleist HQ lol but I do think they are being conservative on the wait times which I appreciate, nothing worse then being promised something in 2 weeks when they know damn well it could be 7 weeks

Edited by tofur99

Another couple days with the u505. The standout thing for me with this club (unfortunately a negative) is that anything slightly high on the face feels super harsh and can be jarring and hand-stinging. The fact that the face is shallower, especially toward the heel makes it very easy to hit high on the face for me. I haven't played a utility iron since the original Apex UT, so not sure if this is a common thing for utility irons. 

That said, for my swing, I figured out playing it a bit farther forward and more of a sweep and it is fantastic. Super hot off the face and just mid-flight bullets. I really like it, just have to remember ball positioning. Also, most of the bad feeling shots still perform really well.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I had always been a PING player - always. I got frustrated with weight times, and traded the motherload of clubs I had and got the T200s with AMT black shafts. Frankly, I could not be happier. I find the feel to be great; maybe that is a result of coming from PING. I am able to flight them as I wish, and with regard to on course playability, have been very happy. I have enjoyed the workability, and the irons banged around in my bag and had no damage. Really happy with these.

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver - Titleist TSR3

3 Wood - PING G425 LST 

Hybrid - Titleist TSR2

Irons (4-PW): Mizuno Pro 223

Wedges: Mizuno T24 - 50*, 56*

Putter: Cameron '23 Phantom X 5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

57 minutes ago, deh said:

I had always been a PING player - always. I got frustrated with weight times, and traded the motherload of clubs I had and got the T200s with AMT black shafts. Frankly, I could not be happier. I find the feel to be great; maybe that is a result of coming from PING. I am able to flight them as I wish, and with regard to on course playability, have been very happy. I have enjoyed the workability, and the irons banged around in my bag and had no damage. Really happy with these.

Ping wait times vs Titleist? Umm...