New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

2 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Ping wait times vs Titleist? Umm...

The Titleist T200s I got were from my local shop. Hence my trades. The PING i210s I ordered in September would not have made in until late January/early February. I am not that patient.

WITB:

Driver - Titleist TSR3

3 Wood - PING G425 LST 

Hybrid - Titleist TSR2

Irons (4-PW): Mizuno Pro 223

Wedges: Mizuno T24 - 50*, 56*

Putter: Cameron '23 Phantom X 5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

22 minutes ago, mtnbiker5 said:

My local shop said more like January now which means this golf season is over by time arrive.  Titleist should have done a better job strategy wise knowing what the deal is with supply chain issues.  

Yeah, i'm not happy with how Titleist has dealt with delays overall. And their ecommerce system is not as sophisticated as other OEMs. When you go to the TM site these days, you pick your clubhead, shaft, and grip, and the final page says when each will be in-stock. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Yeah, i'm not happy with how Titleist has dealt with delays overall. And their ecommerce system is not as sophisticated as other OEMs. When you go to the TM site these days, you pick your clubhead, shaft, and grip, and the final page says when each will be in-stock. 

Titleist's expected wait time changes based on what shaft and maybe also grips that you choose... go try it out, you can add 4-7 weeks onto the order real easy lol

and I wouldn't automatically trust that January prediction from a local shop when Titleist and others have been saying t-100 heads are due in mid-november or whenever it is.  Maybe it changed in the last week but I kinda doubt it

Edited by tofur99
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

My local shop said more like January now which means this golf season is over by time arrive.  Titleist should have done a better job strategy wise knowing what the deal is with supply chain issues.  

I don't think anyone has a crystal ball or can predict the future. If they did, they might use it to pick the winning powerball numbers instead.

The supply chain issues change daily, that's just the world we live in right now. LH sets were quoted at 12/27 (maybe), I found a stock set online and will just pull the shafts.

8 hours ago, TheGolfingRealtor said:

I don't think anyone has a crystal ball or can predict the future. If they did, they might use it to pick the winning powerball numbers instead.

The supply chain issues change daily, that's just the world we live in right now. LH sets were quoted at 12/27 (maybe), I found a stock set online and will just pull the shafts.

Yeah, i get the frustration with the lead times and material shortages but, this isn’t Titleists’ fault and more just an issue with expectations. I don’t get blaming Titleist or any manufacturer at all. Just silly.  It’s been known for over a year that there’s a shortage with irons snd grips. I had them send me whatever they had in stock and did the build by buying and piecing it together. I ordered day of release and got in in 3 weeks. It’s not like any other manufacturer has better options with lead times. This is industry wide. Don’t want to wait? Don’t wait. But you’ll be waiting the same from any other club manufacturer. 

• Like 2

I played 9 holes with my new T100S irons today. Compared to my 2019 T100's... well, it's going to take a bit of time to get used to how far these things go.

image.png.595167e4ffca0ce9696110cc12a8f1c9.png

It's... unusual for me to hit a 6 iron 236 metres (258yards). It's normally my 180m club. I was expecting my tee shot to finish on my fairway, not far from the people just to the right of the black line... but it just kept going, and going, and carried the trees. The fairway I hit slopes towards me and I didn't get any run. I hit it well, but 210+ is really strange.

If we ignore the weird distances I'm getting then these irons are fantastic. They feel great, they're easy to hit, they launch well... I like!

Edited by steventoo

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

I have the new T-100 and my 5 iron just doesn't carry far enough for the gapping between 6 iron and 4 iron (U500).  I wouldn't mind a little more forgiveness either.  Should I go with T-200 or T-100S and maybe bend them 1* weak (so they are still 1* stronger than the standard T-100)

What are you guys thoughts on this?

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Little feedback on a u505 setup I just got in case anyone's interested.  Basically I couldn't decide between the t200 utility setup in a 2 iron and the u505.  

Based on reviews and videos I liked the idea of just a bit more forgiveness and overall size of the u505, but I'm a very high ball/high spin player so it sounded like the trajectory and spin of the t200 might be more ideal. 

I ended up taking a flyer on the 1 iron version of the u505 with the Ventus black 105x.  So far I really like it.  I was a little worried about the loft being too low and overly demanding, but it's easy to get up in the air, the feel is excellent (it's going to replace a Taylormade UDI 2 iron), distance is fantastic (if anything, maybe a bit too long) and despite it's design it has a pretty sharp look at address.  I think I'll probably cut it down a half inch and add a little weight to the head so it's more 2 iron than 1 iron, but overall very happy with the experiment.  That Ventus shaft is really fantastic as well. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, whoiis25 said:

I ordered the T-100 4-PW with Project X 6.5 staffs and I just spoke to Titleist today. The shafts were suppose to be delivered by 10/13 but they are delayed to Nov 10 now. It is pretty frustrating since i placed my order 7/27/21. 

I placed the same spec order in mid-August and received the same update from Titleist a few days ago. Bummer, but we should recognize this isn't Titleist's fault! If True Temper/PX is having trouble producing shafts, or more likely experiencing shipping delays from overseas, it makes no sense for folks to get upset at Titleist for the delays. Doesn't seem like Titleist heads are causing the log jam at this point. Our PX shafts, along with all the other grips and shafts that others are waiting on for their specific orders, are probably sitting in one of the 70 shipping containers waiting in the queue to dock at the port of Long Beach/Los Angeles.

Wild times - I'm actually grateful that the OEMs haven't jacked up the prices of clubs given the increased supply chain/shipping costs. Disclaimer: I am not a Titleist rep or have any affiliation with any golf club or component manufacturer 😄

container shipping

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered early August and caught wind that my shafts would end up backordered. We quickly changed the shafts but rep had good news and bad news. Bad news was they couldn't change. Good news was they were getting built. I received the T-200 3 iron hybrid build with IZ-95 shaft and the T200 4 and 5 irons with Modus 105 stiff. I have played the 3 iron but have kept the others wrapped up waiting for their bag mates. I have not received my T100s 6-P or my SM8 48* with 105 stiff. No worries, understand the world is what it is these days. Just putting on here that others will know they aren't alone. 

On 10/29/2021 at 4:18 PM, south side slugger said:

I tried searching I here and on the internet but I can’t find what the bounce specs are for the t100 and t100s.  
does anybody know? 

it's a variable bounce design, with less bounce towards the heel and gradually more towards the toe. Have not seen the actual numbers yet, or how one would even measure that.

TM Stealth 10.5* -- Speeder Evo VII 569s

TM Stealth 16.5* -- GD AD-IZ 6s

Titleist T200 4 -- Accra 200H M4

Titleist T100S 5-GW -- Modus 120

TM MG3 52*, 56*TW, 60*TW -- KBS HiRev

Sik Jo C -- KBS CT Tour

On 10/29/2021 at 7:18 PM, south side slugger said:

I tried searching I here and on the internet but I can’t find what the bounce specs are for the t100 and t100s.  
does anybody know? 

all you need to know is the vokey crew was part of the design process and they're amazing, variable from heel to toe

• Like 1

Well, some decent news. I placed an order for a u505 3-iron, T200 4&5, and 100s 6-PW back on August. Yesterday I received the T100s 6-PW, so I can finally get them out on the course today. I have not eta on the rest of the set but will hopefully have an answer soon. The T100s are beautiful and not nearly as scary to look down on as my previous Cobra Forged CB/MB set. They are beautiful to look down on in my living room and I’ll report back later with swing thoughts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COmedic said:

Well, some decent news. I placed an order for a u505 3-iron, T200 4&5, and 100s 6-PW back on August. Yesterday I received the T100s 6-PW, so I can finally get them out on the course today. I have not eta on the rest of the set but will hopefully have an answer soon. The T100s are beautiful and not nearly as scary to look down on as my previous Cobra Forged CB/MB set. They are beautiful to look down on in my living room and I’ll report back later with swing thoughts!

what shaft did you get?

6 hours ago, BreezyHill said:

what shaft did you get?

Originally ordered with C-taper lite, but modified the order to Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx shafts so I could get them in sooner than next Jan/Feb. Got them out today and, while I think the C-taper lite is a more natural fit, I was thrilled with the performance of these clubs and how easy they are to launch. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, COmedic said:

Originally ordered with C-taper lite, but modified the order to Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx shafts so I could get them in sooner than next Jan/Feb. Got them out today and, while I think the C-taper lite is a more natural fit, I was thrilled with the performance of these clubs and how easy they are to launch. 

I’m a CTL player but recently started messing around with the LZ 6.0 with the T100 fitting head. I hit it really well. I want to do more comparing. 

Glad you received your clubs and they’re working out for you. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anybody seen my T100 order from August 2nd? I'm hoping at least the Fedex guy was able to enjoy them for a few rounds.

• Sad 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

It’s crazy how this thread went kinda dormant and I final got my t100s! I know there a lot of people still waiting for these but I can say, so far they are worth the wait! 

• Like 2

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

On 12/26/2021 at 9:20 PM, Jim E said:

What shafts did you order? That’s a crazy long wait.

S Taper

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5