2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

6 hours ago, Jarlaxle said:

CNCPT is a hollow design with a muscle back flavor.  

New T-200 is a hollow design with a muscle back flavor. 

Taylormade 790 is a hollow design with a muscle back flavor.

Ping i-500 is a hollow design with a muscle back flavor.

If you guys can't understand all these clubs are "similar" designs you need to step back and start seeing the forest for the trees. 

For a player shape hollow body its pretty hard to change or differ the design. Same with cavity back irons

Surprising they ditched the pre-worn leading edge. That sole was absolute butter through the turf.

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6TX

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Ping G430 21° - AD IZ 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno T22 50S, 54D - S400 TI

Vokey SM9 60T - S300

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X

21 hours ago, buckethat72 said:

There seems to be a trend now to brand some hollow body irons forged, when they have for example forged faces but the iron is not forged, eg P790s.  Maybe Titlelist is jumping on this marketing bandwagon which is disappointing because I would be surprised if the T200 is not hollow or put another way - Id be surprised if its forged from one piece of metal, which I think is what "forged" really means?  I dont claim to be an expert though.  What do others think on this point?

Anything but a solid one piece forged head = “Forged -“  

Forged “minus”

face and/or perhaps forged body welded together also forged minus. I can cope understand that industry trend. 

9 hours ago, Jarlaxle said:

Again, whatever.  For the longest time there were basically three shapes of clubheads; blades, musclebacks and cavity backs.  Everything else is just window dressing.  The new hollow designs allow designers to engineer one thing on the inside (i.e. a cavity back) while making the club look like something else from the outside (i.e. a blade or muscle back). 

Your P790's look more like this:
spacer.png

But play more like this
spacer.png

What is the difference between a blade and a MB? Blades are referred to as MB’s so I must be missing something

9 hours ago, ASN21 said:

I gamed the P790's for two years and I can tell you they are not a muscle back or blade. You are just wrong.

They aren’t anywhere close to a MB and no one said they were, but all the hollow body designs have been designed after a beefier MB. The design lends itself to what the designers are trying to accomplish. You can’t make some crazy GI cavity back hollow, there just isn’t the room. 

On 6/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, tsecor said:

I just physically received them.....ordered them 5 weeks ago, not 3...typo.......

You realize 5 weeks ago things were still under wraps with nobody being allowed to talk about them? We have ping i59 on tour and there’s no info and mixed messages on when they are coming to include possible last minute postponement by ping from this summer to next spring 

34 minutes ago, mallrat said:

They aren’t anywhere close to a MB and no one said they were, but all the hollow body designs have been designed after a beefier MB. The design lends itself to what the designers are trying to accomplish. You can’t make some crazy GI cavity back hollow, there just isn’t the room. 

That’s what I was trying to say. They don’t play or look like blades at all besides the fact the badging is so clean. Heck I gamed the 790’s for two years and now the 770’s since release and nobody ever mistook the 790’s for a blade but I do hear often about my irons, the 770’s, and people saying they look like blades. 

10 hours ago, tsecor said:

no....but these ALSO look amazing.....very similar to the 2008 AP2's

I think they're more like the 712s...

AP2 (712) Golf Irons | Performance Golf Clubs | Titleist

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

Duplicate.

Edited by BraxtonFullerton

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

9 minutes ago, BraxtonFullerton said:

I think they're more like the 712s...

AP2 (712) Golf Irons | Performance Golf Clubs | Titleist

That was my thought too. I’ve played the 712’s since they came out. I have been fitted for new irons a couple of times since but each time the new Titleist irons weren’t better enough to warrant a new set. Plus I like the look of the 712’s. 

These new T100’s will be very tempting. 

Woooo!

So the new T200 is a Forged Iron ?  It kinds looks like a Hollow body multi piece construction iron. 

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

1 minute ago, Tzoid said:

So the new T200 is a Forged Iron ?  It kinds looks like a Hollow body multi piece construction iron. 

Most likely Forged Face and Hollow Body. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

4 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Most likely Forged Face and Hollow Body. 

I'm guessing similar to a Srixon ZX5 .  

MULTI-PIECE CONSTRUCTION

Tungsten in the toe of ZX5's long and mid irons (3i-7i) increases MOI for more stability and forgiveness. A forged SUP10 face enhances speed and distance while a forged 1020 Carbon Steel body absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

• easyyy changed the title to New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)
11 minutes ago, Tzoid said:

I'm guessing similar to a Srixon ZX5 .  

MULTI-PIECE CONSTRUCTION

Tungsten in the toe of ZX5's long and mid irons (3i-7i) increases MOI for more stability and forgiveness. A forged SUP10 face enhances speed and distance while a forged 1020 Carbon Steel body absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.

Could be and I would love that as I have the ZX5 and they are great.  But the backs of them look totally different.  The T200 definitely has that Hollow Body look.  At least to me. 

• Like 1

Vokey

5 hours ago, mallrat said:

Agree its a design thing - but most people know that you have MBs and then you have game improvement clubs that look a bit like MBs to make people feel good that they are playing with that look about it. Like i500s and P790s which are basically hollow GI clubs and feel nothing like a forged club even if they say the face is forged...  : ) 

Cobra LTDx VA Composites Drago 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5 deg fairway VA Composites Drago 75S

Titleist TSi2 21 deg fairway VA Composites Drago 75S

Titleist AP3 4-PW+48 Tour AMT white x100

Vokey SM9 54.10S (@53) 

Vokey SM9 58.08M

Taylormade Spider EX putter

ProV1X

Wow. I think these are a step backwards. The 200s look like they put an aluminum hood over the back. The others look like they are trying to play off of the Satin finish of Taylormade P7 series (especially the P770s). The UT looks like a larger big chunk of the Mizuno UT from over a decade ago. For those who have the previous versions I would expect that you won't have worry about getting an uglier replacement. These new clubs don't stand up the level of the latest release of the drivers and metal woods. 

• Like 2

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

13 minutes ago, tsecor said:

When you are spending $1200 on new irons and ask the question, maybe someone could have said...."I'd hold off a few weeks"........but they didnt.....i do understand what you are saying but it doesnt lessen the sting. Im just highly disappointed in the Titleist CS for handling the inquiry as they did.   

Based on another members posts you appear to be someone who frequents forums and based on your responses you understand release cycles. So you probably aren’t the uninformed golfer. Therefore you probably understand that there are policies that equipment brands use to ensure information thats not ready for public is kept quiet. This would include the CS person not being able to tell you to hold off. Most CS phone calls are recorded so that person isn’t going to risk any type of reprimand to tell someone to wait.

I’m assuming that what you don’t get me saying is about ping and the i59s. What I’m saying just because a product is on tour doesn’t mean there’s information that’s ready to be shared with the public and calling CS isn’t going to yield that information either. And we have seen different reports for when the i59 and i525 are going to be released and when it did seem like there was a confirmed timeline from then various reps there’s not reports ping has changed that. In short things change all the time and not everyone in a company or on the retail side have info

40 minutes ago, Morry said:

this is shocking

any idea why??

I really want to hear Titleist's reasoning, never seen anyone say they didn't like it. I've only seen positive feedback about it. Very weird.

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6TX

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Ping G430 21° - AD IZ 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno T22 50S, 54D - S400 TI

Vokey SM9 60T - S300

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X

29 minutes ago, tsecor said:

you have an option to NOT READ and move on. Why dont you do that and save everyone from your personal issues with it

I considered it a public service announcement.   And of course no acknowledgement form you that you had the time frame wrong.  Everyone but you is always wrong aren't they. 

• Thanks 1

Vokey

19 hours ago, btyh said:

For a player shape hollow body its pretty hard to change or differ the design. Same with cavity back irons

I agree 100% which is why it was so comical that Mr. I-Take-Fancy-Pictures-of-Golf-Clubs insisted there was nothing similar at all between the CNCPT and the new T-200.  

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

1 hour ago, GoGoErky said:

Based on another members posts you appear to be someone who frequents forums and based on your responses you understand release cycles. So you probably aren’t the uninformed golfer. Therefore you probably understand that there are policies that equipment brands use to ensure information thats not ready for public is kept quiet. This would include the CS person not being able to tell you to hold off. Most CS phone calls are recorded so that person isn’t going to risk any type of reprimand to tell someone to wait.

I’m assuming that what you don’t get me saying is about ping and the i59s. What I’m saying just because a product is on tour doesn’t mean there’s information that’s ready to be shared with the public and calling CS isn’t going to yield that information either. And we have seen different reports for when the i59 and i525 are going to be released and when it did seem like there was a confirmed timeline from then various reps there’s not reports ping has changed that. In short things change all the time and not everyone in a company or on the retail side have info

yes sir....on all accounts.....my feeling is that since it was SO CLOSE to release, something could have been said when the question was directly asked....thats all. I hear you though

17 hours ago, mallrat said:

What is the difference between a blade and a MB? Blades are referred to as MB’s so I must be missing something

Admittedly the distinction between the two is slight, might be more accurate to refer to muscle backs as a muscle back blades. They just have some mass behind the ball to help get it in the air a bit (and might have tungsten weights to help with forgiveness) but no cavity vs. a flatter blade that's more even like an old Hogan Apex. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jarlaxle

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0