2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2021 Titleist T200

Lefty87

1 hour ago, KParks said:

And what's the verdict? How's the gapping between the 5/6?

Only one range session and 9 holes in, but so far so good. The T100s and T200 have the same lofts from 4-6, so the gapping seems pretty seamless from the 6 to the 5. The T200s definitely have some more forgiveness and feel a touch "clickier" but (based on a small sample set) I wasn't having any trouble hitting a similar launch window and I was seeing the around 15 yard gap I wanted. I will say that the T200 4 iron takes a minute to get used to because you can see just a touch of the backside beef at address that you don't see on the 5 iron, or certainly with the T100s.  That said, when hit on the button the T200 4 iron is a cannon--which I what I want from a club I'll hitting mostly off the tee.

Also, just for some quick unsolicited context, my previous irons were a combo set of TMag P7MC (PW-8)/P770 (7-4). The initial range numbers were showing an average gain of around 10 yards per club and similar launch through the bag with the Titleist. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lbsc1985 said:

Only one range session and 9 holes in, but so far so good. The T100s and T200 have the same lofts from 4-6, so the gapping seems pretty seamless from the 6 to the 5. The T200s definitely have some more forgiveness and feel a touch "clickier" but (based on a small sample set) I wasn't having any trouble hitting a similar launch window and I was seeing the around 15 yard gap I wanted. I will say that the T200 4 iron takes a minute to get used to because you can see just a touch of the backside beef at address that you don't see on the 5 iron, or certainly with the T100s.  That said, when hit on the button the T200 4 iron is a cannon--which I what I want from a club I'll hitting mostly off the tee.

Also, just for some quick unsolicited context, my previous irons were a combo set of TMag P7MC (PW-8)/P770 (7-4). The initial range numbers were showing an average gain of around 10 yards per club and similar launch through the bag with the Titleist. 

Great info. Are you seeing that extra distance all the way down in the PW? How are you gapping that to your other wedges?

10 hours ago, tsecor said:

i just received my T200's and they are much better looking in person than they are in pictures....i was worried about the plastic back to these, but they my stress level went way down when i unboxed them.  the look at address is excellent too. 

That’s good to hear. Mine were ordered on 7/29. Web site shows them still not shipped. Can’t wait to get them ,but I guess I’ll have to. Like you, I’m nervous about how they will look. T200 with ATM white. 

8 hours ago, gremlin said:

That’s good to hear. Mine were ordered on 7/29. Web site shows them still not shipped. Can’t wait to get them ,but I guess I’ll have to. Like you, I’m nervous about how they will look. T200 with ATM white. 

call customer service and see if there is a grip or other component that is holding up the order. I had to make a grip change in order to keep the timeline in tact. 

I think you will be very happy with them....good luck!!

I received my combo set with modus 120 and am not in love with the T100S, but it’s likely because I’ve been playing T200 all season. The new T200 are a major improvement in my book over the last gen, I’m not sold on shaft but results seems mostly OK. Couldn’t wait for my LZ 5.5 and fitting showed better numbers than stock LZ 6.0 with modus. I have ordered the balance of my combo set in T200 now, should be here in sept and looking forward to comparing to P790. I will say either the shaft or new head makes the new T200 slightly longer, and feel is vastly improved but could be the modus feel over LZ. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tsecor said:

call customer service and see if there is a grip or other component that is holding up the order. I had to make a grip change in order to keep the timeline in tact. 

I think you will be very happy with them....good luck!!

Called them today. Said everything was in but they wouldn’t ship for a couple of weeks. They couldn’t say why. 

Did a Titleist fitting today at my club and was very happy with the results (I mean, I ordered new irons).

Went in thinking the T200 was the club for me but tried a bit of everything (100S, 200, 300 and even some CNCPT). 

T200 was the clear winner. Definitely a goldilocks for me with just the right amount of forgiveness, preferred look behind the ball, and best on the numbers.  Not any farther than my current irons (Mizuno 919 HMPs), maybe even a couple yards shorter, but consistency (both in ball speed and total distance) was much better and I also got higher launch and a bit more spin, both of which I was looking for since distance consistency was my biggest gripe with my current set. 

Was a little surprised to find myself fit into the KBS Tour 105 but I really liked the feel of it. Definitely smoother than my current KBS C-Taper Lite (which I find a little too boardy) and the few grams lighter was a nice balance to keep speed up while letting me swing just a little smoother.

Unfortunately that shaft pushed my order to November 1 but that'll be for the best. I've got a trip to Pebble in mid-October and I shouldn't really put new irons in the bag a couple weeks before then even if I had gotten stuff that was immediately available (since fastest seems to be about 4-6 weeks right now). 

Edited by KParks
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Str8Putt said:

What kind of bag is that? Does it keep iron chatter down?

Ogio  silencer, discontinued, but have 4

Edited by Warrick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I’m wondering if anybody is combo-ing these with T300s? 

Here’s what I’m thinking: 8-GW in T100S. T200 6 at standard, 7 at 1 weak, to keep 4 degree gaps. Then a T300 5 iron at 1 weak — again a 4 degree gap at 24 degrees for the T300 5, 28 for the T200 6.

I don’t need any forgiveness in the short irons, and my miss is always heel side, virtually never toe side, so shorter blade lengths appeal to me. I appreciate a little forgiveness in the 6 and 7 iron range. And I could definitely use help hitting my window with the 5 iron. Plus, I’m trying to avoid bunching with the longer irons. I swing a 7 iron 82-83 mph, so I don’t think I have anywhere near the kind of elite swing speed to handle 3 degree gaps at the long end.

Does that blend make some sense? Anyone trying anything similar?

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Has anyone put the T200 3 iron up against the u500? I am looking to possibly add one of these to replace my 3 hybrid on windy days and I'm looking for some input. 

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW - Modus 115 S

Vokey SM9 50/54/58 - S200

Odyssey Ai-One Milled 7T CH

Titleist Pro V1

23 minutes ago, eric61 said:

I’m wondering if anybody is combo-ing these with T300s? 

Here’s what I’m thinking: 8-GW in T100S. T200 6 at standard, 7 at 1 weak, to keep 4 degree gaps. Then a T300 5 iron at 1 weak — again a 4 degree gap at 24 degrees for the T300 5, 28 for the T200 6.

I don’t need any forgiveness in the short irons, and my miss is always heel side, virtually never toe side, so shorter blade lengths appeal to me. I appreciate a little forgiveness in the 6 and 7 iron range. And I could definitely use help hitting my window with the 5 iron. Plus, I’m trying to avoid bunching with the longer irons. I swing a 7 iron 82-83 mph, so I don’t think I have anywhere near the kind of elite swing speed to handle 3 degree gaps at the long end.

Does that blend make some sense? Anyone trying anything similar?

I did exactly this and the gapping is off for me.  I hit my T300 7 iron 168 (average of 20 shots on launch monitor) while I hit my T200 8 iron 147.  Once again average of 20 shots.  I’m going to see about bending the T200s.  If that doesn’t work I’m just going to order the T300s down to the 48.  

• Like 1

Got my T-200 utility 3 iron and T-200 4 iron yesterday, now just waiting for the 5-PW 100S

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/Ventus Blue TR 7x

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

7 hours ago, harriscli said:

I did exactly this and the gapping is off for me.  I hit my T300 7 iron 168 (average of 20 shots on launch monitor) while I hit my T200 8 iron 147.  Once again average of 20 shots.  I’m going to see about bending the T200s.  If that doesn’t work I’m just going to order the T300s down to the 48.  

Gotcha, that’s great to know. I see the T300 7 is 29* and the T200 8 is 35* — are either of yours bent or is this test with both at standard loft?

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

On 9/2/2021 at 7:09 PM, Warrick said:

These irons are dope, 72 today, first round, bought blind.

clicky my a**, these things are pure. I hit the 6 once today and flew it 12 ft under the pin, beautiful looks, feel, whole package 

72... nice!!

So the T200's are a good balance between workability and forgiveness? Do they give you good feedback on slight mishits like a normal forged iron would?

4 minutes ago, Scrubby said:

72... nice!!

So the T200's are a good balance between workability and forgiveness? Do they give you good feedback on slight mishits like a normal forged iron would?

Yes, can work the ball, but still give some help.  I am a low ball hitter, these have given me a little extra height which is awesome. Yes, you know where you missed.  This iron set is exactly what I have been looking for, been in the Mavrik Pro, these look and feel better, forgiveness is minimal between the 2, same lofts and higher launch with T200

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x