2021 Titleist T200

7 minutes ago, Clubhoe said:

Im confused by the lineup. Are they all better players irons? I mean I can't find anything that mentions the forgiveness difference between any of the T100 T100s or T200.

In my opinion they’re all very forgiving, it’s just how comfortable you feel looking at thinner top lines. I personally wonder why you don’t see more T100s 3 irons being played vs the T200 as a driving iron. 

Just now, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

In my opinion they’re all very forgiving, it’s just how comfortable you feel looking at thinner top lines. I personally wonder why you don’t see more T100s 3 irons being played vs the T200 as a driving iron. 

T200 is much easier to launch with more mass in the sole compared to the thinner T100. Unless you have tour level speed, most people will need the help getting the ball in the air to get enough carry to justify playing it.

• Like 1

Titleist TSI3 9* - Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0

Titleist 818 H2 3H - Tour AD-DI 85S

Wilson/Staff CB 4-GW - TT S300

Cleveland RTX 588 - 54°/58°

Wilson/Staff 8802 Milled

2 hours ago, BraxtonFullerton said:

T200 is much easier to launch with more mass in the sole compared to the thinner T100. Unless you have tour level speed, most people will need the help getting the ball in the air to get enough carry to justify playing it.

Totally agree. I can hit the T100 and T100-S, but I just don't have the swing speed to carry them far enough. T200 is like a cheat code to me. 

Titleist TSi3 9°--Diamana-TB Series, 45.25", 50g S

Titleist 917 F2 15°--Diamana-TB Series, 43", 60g S

Titleist TSi2 18°--Diamana-TB Series, 42.5", 60g S

Titleist TSi2 21° 4H--Graphite Design Tour AD-DI, 85g S

Titleist T200 (2021) 5-GW--Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S (soft-stepped once), 1° flat

Vokey SM8 Jet Black--52.08F, 1° flat--True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 Black Onyx

Vokey SM8 Jet Black--56.08M, 1° flat--True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 Black Onyx

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch--BGT Stability Tour Black--SuperStroke Flatso 1.0 Countercore

TaylorMade TP5x

3 minutes ago, over7par said:

Totally agree. I can hit the T100 and T100-S, but I just don't have the swing speed to carry them far enough. T200 is like a cheat code to me. 

Yeah, the interesting comparison is the T200 Utilities to the U505.

I feel like T200 is the replacement for the 500 and the 505 replaces the 510 series? I could be wrong if someone who has hit them could enlighten me further...

• Like 1

Titleist TSI3 9* - Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0

Titleist 818 H2 3H - Tour AD-DI 85S

Wilson/Staff CB 4-GW - TT S300

Cleveland RTX 588 - 54°/58°

Wilson/Staff 8802 Milled

22 hours ago, Clubhoe said:

Im confused by the lineup. Are they all better players irons? I mean I can't find anything that mentions the forgiveness difference between any of the T100 T100s or T200.

T100s is slightly more forgiving than the T100 because it has a few grams more tungsten in the heel and toe, but since they have the same top line sole and blade length there really isn’t a ton of difference I don’t think. 

For t200, the sole is thicker and so is the top line making them a good bit more forgiving. Also the biggest thing is that it’s hollow so like others have said, you get a lot more ball speed and help with launching and the forgiveness that comes with that. I was surprised that the head length wasn’t much longer than the 100s.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BraxtonFullerton said:

I disagree and don’t think that’s accurate, assuming you are referring to men’s tour level speed. T100 is commonly played on LPGA tour (see So Yeon Ryu, Anna Nordqvist, Nelly Korda) who’s ladies have average swing speed of 76 mph with 7-iron. It’s more so you need to be a better ball striker although swing speed may help on those mishits, but by no means you need to be tour level swing speed to game T100 or T100s.

• Like 1

The concerns about the durability of the plastic backing on the T200s seems to be valid. This is the back of my new 6 iron. Got them last week and walked 3 rounds with them over the weekend. No time in a cart for bag chatter simply walking with a stand carry bag. There is already pitting and wear in the plastic as you can see. Feels like truly cheap plastic. Irons play well and are nice but no way is this going to be a durable finish. 

DE06A142-BF8F-44F1-B568-6994500F60D0.heic

Edited by lewis17web
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, lewis17web said:

The concerns about the durability of the plastic backing on the T200s seems to be valid. This is the back of my new 6 iron. Got them last week and walked 3 rounds with them over the weekend. No time in a cart for bag chatter simply walking with a stand carry bag. There is already pitting and wear in the plastic as you can see. Feels like truly cheap plastic. Irons play well and are nice but no way is this going to be a durable finish. 

DE06A142-BF8F-44F1-B568-6994500F60D0.heic 1.22 MB · 4 downloads

Yikes!  They should probably come with iron covers.

• Like 1

Finally picked up my T200s today, lovely looking clubs. I do worry about the wear and tear of the polymer as stated above and hope I don't regret the p790/770 route.

Unfortunately I've been struggling with sciatica the past 2 weeks so couldnt go onto the driving range to test them out as I haven't hit them in my final setup with the KBS C taper shafts. Find them a little smoother than the PX 6.5 but haven't tried it together yet. 

Got some Costco wedges in the bag to help with gapping while I figure if I want 2 or 3 wedges. 

Still no input on the 505 driving iron? 

1632255241991741980792437266028.jpg

Got the 4-PW in these a week ago.  I have them Standard L/L/L with the Project X 5.5 Rifle shaft.  To be honest I got these on whim, I have the Srixon ZX7's in the same shaft I have been playing for most of this year.  Took the new T200 out this past weekend to give them a go, and man I really like them more than I thought I would.  I found them easy to hit, had some great iron shots out there, to be honest I did not really test they yardages before I went out, but I feel like I am getting more yardage with these than the ZX7's.  On looks, from address they are stunning, if you can get over the back of them, they are a really nice looking club.  I loved the interaction with the turf on these as well, I think these may replace the ZX7's for the time being....Going out again on Thursday, but I am really pleased with this set at the moment....and I really love the ZX7's

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 8:47 AM, PingGuy123 said:

T100s is slightly more forgiving than the T100 because it has a few grams more tungsten in the heel and toe, but since they have the same top line sole and blade length there really isn’t a ton of difference I don’t think. 

For t200, the sole is thicker and so is the top line making them a good bit more forgiving. Also the biggest thing is that it’s hollow so like others have said, you get a lot more ball speed and help with launching and the forgiveness that comes with that. I was surprised that the head length wasn’t much longer than the 100s.

I found the new T100/T100S to be thinner than last version, and as such were more demanding to hit well. My swing wasn’t in the best place when I tried a set, but I hit some good shots amongst to get feel. Pure strikes feel great, but the level of forgiveness doesn’t compare to T200. I actually think I like the powerful feel of the T200 more and more, and the slightly thicker too line and sole just work better for me. Really digging the less offset too. 

On 9/21/2021 at 3:47 PM, lewis17web said:

DE06A142-BF8F-44F1-B568-6994500F60D0.heic 1.22 MB · 145 downloads

Wow, I was hoping they would be more durable than that! I’ve yet to play mine yet. I ride carts (Florida) and my ZX5s hold up to a bit of banging around but if that happens from just walking…yikes. Guess I’ll have to keep a towel around when playing. I love the looks!

80215D9E-95E8-4AA7-9DFD-2B9A722678B7.jpeg.9dc0dd7f31e95de96c6c7c5985e7aaf0.jpeg

Edited by Steelhead

Finally got my T200 3 utility, got it custom fitted with an AV Raw white 90x, 1 degree flat. Coming from the U500 which had an Atmos TS Black 9x. Weight of the 2 clubs are pretty much the same, the AV Raw feels less harsh for sure and a bit smoother. The head is a touch larger than the U500 but barely noticable, a tiny bit more offset also but nothing of concern for those who hate offset (like I do).

I have to say the head looks much better at address than the U500 but the proof is in the performance. Granted I switched shafts but the weight and torque are pretty much the same between the two. The sound was better for me than the U500, especially on a slight mishit. I noticed a higher flight - not sure if that's a combo of the shaft and head design but it was much easier to launch than my U500 which has the Atmos Black.

It's early days but overall i'm pleased with the upgrade, deffo a step up in looks and also performance so far over the U500 and streets ahead of the older TMB. If you are in the market for a new long iron or driving iron you have to try this, plus the custom shaft offering here in the UK for this is superb- loads of no upcharge quality shafts and my wait time was only around 6 weeks, although I did order not long after release date!

Titleist 917D2 9.5 - Elements Prototype Platinum 6F5

Cobra F8+ 14.5 - Tensei Pro White 70TX

Cobra F8+ 17.5 - Aldila Synergy Blue 80TX

Titleist U500 3 - Atmos Black Tour Spec 9X

Titleist 716MB 5-PW - X100 AMT White

Taylormade Milled Grind 52,56,60 - S200

Odyssey Jailbird Mini Black

Tour Velvet Align

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Anybody else have any pics or further thoughts on bag chatter with these with the polymer/plastic/whatever backing?

I've got a custom order in for these (mid Nov delivery) ... I was really happy with the fitting performance of but having second thoughts with some of the in-bag durability comments...

Compared the T200s and the new P790s and preferred the performance of the T200 (higher spin, slightly shorter but more consistent distance, better launch) compared to the P790s although I did have a very slight preference for the sound/feel and construction of the P790s (but prefer the T200 at address of the ball).

To be fair, not sure how much of the performance benefits in the T200s were from the shaft -- really like that Titleist has only a small upcharge for the KBS Tour 105 shafts which aren't even an option from TM...

Edited by KParks

I cannot recommend this enough. I don't even use the 2 holders for wedges. I put 50, PW-5 on the top rack, then 54 on one side at the bottom and the 58 on the other side. (You can actually use a saw and cut of the 2 club slots on the stabilizer arm.) I have used one now for almost 2 years. ZERO bag chatter. At all. I will never go back to head covers again.

You can pick one up eBay. You can get them for about $14 if you ship from China, but the cheapest US seller is $17.

Just search for "club organizer". Can be used with any 3, 4, and 5 divider bag. I have a PING Hoofer.

Yes.. I know there are cast RBZ irons in there now.. but that is only because the Srixon Z785's are on eBay.. in preparation for the arrival of my T200's. As you can see from the photo of the z785's, there is ZERO bag chatter, and the worst damage is from the ground impact on the sole. And those club had been used for 10 Months.

org.png

IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by golfnhack
  • Like 2

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

2 hours ago, golfnhack said:

I cannot recommend this enough. I don't even use the 2 holders for wedges. I put 50, PW-5 on the top rack, then 54 on one side at the bottom and the 58 on the other side. (You can actually use a saw and cut of the 2 club slots on the stabilizer arm.) I have used one now for almost 2 years. ZERO bag chatter. At all. I will never go back to head covers again.

You can pick one up eBay. You can get them for about $14 if you ship from China, but the cheapest US seller is $17.

Just search for "club organizer". Can be used with any 3, 4, and 5 divider bag. I have a PING Hoofer.

Yes.. I know there are cast RBZ irons in there now.. but that is only because the Srixon Z785's are on eBay.. in preparation for the arrival of my T200's. As you can see from the photo of the z785's, there is ZERO bag chatter, and the worst damage is from the ground impact on the sole. And those club had been used for 10 Months.

org.png

IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

AWESOME! Mine is on the way from Amazon. Looks just like yours and will protect my T200s from my wife's crazy driving of our golf cart! ($21)

Edited by Steelhead
  • Haha 1

So update on my new T200 irons.   As mentioned previously i came from 2019 T200s and ordered exact same config in the new T200s (Modus105x, +1/2" and 1 deg up.).   Had quite a few  rounds and a lot of range sessions in and after tonight I am pretty much done with them.   Although better looking than the 2019 they do not feel as good, do not perform as well and in particular the turf interaction is much worse than the 2019.   Big disappointment and yes I have gone back and done multiple side by sides with the 2019.  Definitley missing more greens with them and if I do hit the green my proximity to the pin is not good.

Another comparison point - my son got his new Titleist T100 tonight.  He loves them and much prefers them to the 2019 T100s he was coming from.  I hit them and even though the PX 6.5 shaft is too stiff for me....they were way better feel and performance to my T200s.  Obvious I guess and maybe not an Apples to Apples comparison but I was shocked by the difference.  T100 less forgiving, for sure, but again not as bad as I thought they would be. Definitley playable and usable.  Also they had much better turf interaction than my T200s. So I am now going to order a set of T100S so I get similar (ish) distance to the T200 but feel and turf interaction of T100.  Expensive mistake.  I still love my 2019 T200s and keeping those as a solid backup.

I know a lot of folks here love the new T200s and please know I am not in any way trying to pee on your cornflakes and debate how absolutely good they are.  They just do not work for me and merely detailing my experience. I am sure I am in the minority!

Titleist TSi3 9 deg, AV Raw White 65X
Ping 425 Max 14.5 deg Rogue 80 Tour Stiff
Ping 425 19 & 22 deg hybrids,  Rogue Black 95 Tour Stiff
Titleist T200 5-GW, Nippon Modus 105x
Titleist Vokey SM8 54 deg D and 58 deg K, Nippon Modus 115 wedge
Newport 2 Tei3 / SC Golo 5 / SC Notchback

Titleist ProV1x or TM TP5X

On 9/20/2021 at 12:08 PM, BraxtonFullerton said:

Yeah, the interesting comparison is the T200 Utilities to the U505.

I feel like T200 is the replacement for the 500 and the 505 replaces the 510 series? I could be wrong if someone who has hit them could enlighten me further...

Titleist has said the U505 is a blend of the 500 snd 510.  The T200 Utility is its own identity.  

:smilie_titty: TSi1   9.0 Aldila Ascent 40g 
:smilie_titty: TSi2 16.5 FW GD IZ5

:smilie_titty:TSi1 20 & 23 Hybrid Aldial Ascent 50g
:smilie_titty:2021 T300 5-P Tensei Red R Flex
Vokey SM 8 46/54/58 

PING Tyne 4 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

Curious if anybody who has gotten their T200 irons ended up going with the set Gap Wedge and if so was wondering how it was playing for them.

I expect that it would gap (haha!) well from the PW on full swings but I'm worried about how "hot" it might feel for chipping. I'm expecting to use a PW -> 48 -> 52 -> 56 -> 60 wedge setup with this set (I don't plan to carry a 4 iron for those that are interested) and am in a full on internal debate about if I should modify my current order that includes the 48 degree set GW...

I usually use a ~48 degree for mid to longer chips but a 56 for pitches and short chips. FWIW my 60 deg is (and will continue to be) a Ping Eye2 style wedge because I still don't think anybody has ever designed a better bunker club (currently with a Glide 3.0 version) but I don't love hitting chips/pitches with that club, it is really just a bunker or shots I have to flop club for me. 

The GW is spectacular, had about a 40yd chip yesterday, nice mid flight choked down , 2 hops and a check to 9 inches . It is very versatile from chips to full swing.

I love the way these go through the turf

• Like 2

GBB RDX black 
Radspeed 3w-RDX black 
Radspeed 5w-RDX black
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
T200 6-G LZ
MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

33 minutes ago, KParks said:

Curious if anybody who has gotten their T200 irons ended up going with the set Gap Wedge and if so was wondering how it was playing for them.

I expect that it would gap (haha!) well from the PW on full swings but I'm worried about how "hot" it might feel for chipping. I'm expecting to use a PW -> 48 -> 52 -> 56 -> 60 wedge setup with this set (I don't plan to carry a 4 iron for those that are interested) and am in a full on internal debate about if I should modify my current order that includes the 48 degree set GW...

I usually use a ~48 degree for mid to longer chips but a 56 for pitches and short chips. FWIW my 60 deg is (and will continue to be) a Ping Eye2 style wedge because I still don't think anybody has ever designed a better bunker club (currently with a Glide 3.0 version) but I don't love hitting chips/pitches with that club, it is really just a bunker or shots I have to flop club for me. 

I find it to be the same as all set Gap wedges. Superior for full swing shots, but a 48* Vokey is superior for chipping around the green. 

Always need to compromise 😅

BTW, I already sold my full set of new T200 in favor of T100s. Coming from T100 it was too big of a change to a bigger head and change of feel. And by some reason I have a hard time to get good contact with clubs that have such a wide sole - with the exception of U500. Original plan was to keep T200 4-iron but I hit my old U500 4-iron so much better and it also has less offset. Feel is similar. As I nice bonus U500 matte finish blends perfect with new T100s matte finish. 

• Like 2

Love the GW myself. I had the GW in my Srixon ZX7 set as well and as much as I love the T200 GW, I equally disliked the Srixon ZX7. The T200 glides through the turf, there's no "grabbing", loss of distance, or heat on pitches/chips. The ZX7 GW tended to grab through the turf on me and there was a significant drop on yardage after PW. The T200 GW is perfect. I actually use it too when I'm using my ZX7 set. My ZX7s are 1° strong, so gapping isn't too weird.

I only put those comparisons together because I don't just automatically use a set GW. I also have an SM8 50° I've been using with my ZX7, but since the T200s got here, the T200 set GW kicked out the SM8.

Obviously, everyone's different, but I don't think you'll have to be concerned about the T200 GW being too hot or anything.

• Like 2

Titleist T200 (2021) 5-GW--Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S (soft-stepped once), 1° flat

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch--BGT Stability Tour Black--SuperStroke Flatso 1.0 Countercore

TaylorMade TP5x

I'm liking the bit higher launch with the new T200 5-GW  ( which I need ), and I think the feel is plenty good.  As my swing has evolved to a bit of delofting ( or less flipping more likely ), my ZX5 set and MP-18 MMC set were a bit too low once I got into 7-6-5.  All sets have SF i95cw Regular in a short 1/4" increment MOI build.

I can see the plastic backside as a bit of a concern.  When in a Sim and raking balls back to me, I often use the backside of the club. You hear the "clack" of plastic, so I don't rake them using the backside any more.   I'm the geek who uses headcovers all the time while playing, so bag chatter scuffing the backsides is not a concern. We'll see how the long-term durability plays out.

The T200 have exceeded my expectations so far.  👍

I'm a Mizuno loyalist but for the 2021 season I put a Srixon ZX7/ZX5 combo set into play, sold those, then went full ZX5.  I quite liked them, but didn't love them.  Love is hard to define, but you know it when you have it.  That said, I also plan to order MP-223 as I like to have a couple sets around, we are WRX'rs after all 😜

Edited by ARL67
  • Like 1

WITB: Sun Mountain 5.5LS
Titleist TSi2 11* with Ventus Red Velocore 6
Titleist TSi2 15* fairway with Evenflow White 65

Titleist TSi2 21* hybrid with Evenflow White 90
Titleist TSi2 24* hybrid with Accra FX300H
Titleist T200 5-GW with Steelfiber i95cw
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54* & 58* with Steelfiber i110cw
Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Flatso 3.0
Set #2: MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i95cw
Set #3: MP-4 5-PW with Steelfiber i110cw

14 hours ago, ARL67 said:

I'm liking the bit higher launch with the new T200 5-GW  ( which I need ), and I think the feel is plenty good.  As my swing has evolved to a bit of delofting ( or less flipping more likely ), my ZX5 set and MP-18 MMC set were a bit too low once I got into 7-6-5.  All sets have SF i95cw Regular in a short 1/4" increment MOI build.

I can see the plastic backside as a bit of a concern.  When in a Sim and raking balls back to me, I often use the backside of the club. You hear the "clack" of plastic, so I don't rake them using the backside any more.   I'm the geek who uses headcovers all the time while playing, so bag chatter scuffing the backsides is not a concern. We'll see how the long-term durability plays out.

The T200 have exceeded my expectations so far.  👍

I'm a Mizuno loyalist but for the 2021 season I put a Srixon ZX7/ZX5 combo set into play, sold those, then went full ZX5.  I quite liked them, but didn't love them.  Love is hard to define, but you know it when you have it.  That said, I also plan to order MP-223 as I like to have a couple sets around, we are WRX'rs after all 😜

I'm 100% in the same boat. Have a combo set of ZX5 (5-6) and ZX7 (7-PW) with Recoil 95s that I've been playing this summer with good success, but ordered a set of T200s (5-GW) with Steelfiber i95s and just finished my 4th round with them today and they are fantastic.

I don't like using iron covers, because of said geekiness, but I've been using them with these since seeing others pictures on here and mine are still in pristine condition. I know it's only 4 rounds in, but still--they're in perfect shape.

And like you, though I love these T200s, I've already had my pro mention to the Mizuno rep that I'm ordering a set of 223s on December 9th. Lol. I was planning to get Recoils because they're no upcharge while the Steelfibers are, but the way these Steelfibers play in the T200s, I might just pay the extra and do it. That's nothing against the Recoils (they're a great shaft), I just really have been loving everything about the Steelfibers.

TaylorMade TP5x

Been playing a full set of ZX5s since early this summer. Great clubs but I found them a bit to square for my eye and had some issues with turf interaction. Ended up hitting the T200s at Titleist demo day and had a quick fitting last week. I'm standard length and lie with AMT black and was told around 12 weeks for delivery...Normally, I'd suck it up and wait but mid-december in the Northeast for new clubs didn't excite me (pro agreed...)..grabbed a full set from an online retailer and they arrived in 3 days. So far I'm very impressed and they seem to be a better fit for me over the ZX5s, especially the long irons where I tend to need a little more forgiveness. The plastic back does concern me and I'm wondering if I can put some type of clear plastic (car clear bra type material?) over it but not sure if that will impact the feel and head weight. These are a bit "clicky" on the range but I don't notice it with my gamer pro v1s. I'm still testing out my gapping with the set 48 vs. vokey 50 and will carry my standard vokey 54 and 58. No more budget for any new wedges so this will have to work.

• Like 2

So this happened today.

I have the FEDEX app installed on my phone. If you don't you should, because it notifies you when someone sends you a FedEx package.

The notice said the package was from Titleist. I ordered a TSi2 Driver and a set of T200 irons. So I contacted my pro and said "Titleist just shipped my order", to which his response was "I think they just shipped one" and he sent me the shipping slip. I look at the slip and see "T200" and a list of specs. However, the specs said 2* week. I was like: That's not right. I ordered the 5 iron 1* strong, 7 and 8 irons 1* weak, 9 iron 2* weak and PW 3* weak. This sucks!.

So I text him back that I am not even going to open the box and just going to return the order because those are not the lofts I wanted.

He texts me back... "No... they only shipped the 9 iron". No ETA on the other clubs. Apparently, that is what Titleist is doing now. Completely bizarre.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

On 10/14/2021 at 8:53 AM, golfnhack said:

So this happened today.

I have the FEDEX app installed on my phone. If you don't you should, because it notifies you when someone sends you a FedEx package.

The notice said the package was from Titleist. I ordered a TSi2 Driver and a set of T200 irons. So I contacted my pro and said "Titleist just shipped my order", to which his response was "I think they just shipped one" and he sent me the shipping slip. I look at the slip and see "T200" and a list of specs. However, the specs said 2* week. I was like: That's not right. I ordered the 5 iron 1* strong, 7 and 8 irons 1* weak, 9 iron 2* weak and PW 3* weak. This sucks!.

So I text him back that I am not even going to open the box and just going to return the order because those are not the lofts I wanted.

He texts me back... "No... they only shipped the 9 iron". No ETA on the other clubs. Apparently, that is what Titleist is doing now. Completely bizarre.

Just hit your 9i 2 times instead of driver. Easy.

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / Apex 21 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin