2021 Titleist T200

Lefty87

2 hours ago, duck hook said:

Pretty sure that is not a tungsten strip that you see in the back, that’s some polymer to lessen the overall weight of the head so that more tungsten (10 grams)can be added to the toe and heel area of the T100S model, versus the regular T100 

Could be right. The rep told me it was tungsten but I could have either miss heard, or he left part out.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

So...based on the new info from the website is the T200 Utility Build Up a completely different head than the "set" T200? or is the additional $60 markup just for the stock graphite shaft?

SIM 10.5

Ai Smoke TD 18 | Apex UW 21

T100 4-50 | 54.S 58.T

NP2 GSS

SrixonXV Divide

48 minutes ago, texcellence86 said:

So...based on the new info from the website is the T200 Utility Build Up a completely different head than the "set" T200? or is the additional $60 markup just for the stock graphite shaft?

Same head - 2 different hosel configuration, which, allows the usage of iron shafts, or, hybrid shafts. The markup looks to be for the different hosel configuration + the stock graphite shaft.

30 minutes ago, bellken said:

Same head - 2 different hosel configuration, which, allows the usage of iron shafts, or, hybrid shafts. The markup looks to be for the different hosel configuration + the stock graphite shaft.

Makes sense. Just watched the TXG Live stream and this questions was answered. They stated the "Utility Build" looked to be slightly wider sole than the set head....they couldn't confirm 100% but just by looks they claimed wider.

SIM 10.5

Ai Smoke TD 18 | Apex UW 21

T100 4-50 | 54.S 58.T

NP2 GSS

SrixonXV Divide

On 7/22/2021 at 8:43 PM, duck hook said:

Pretty sure that is not a tungsten strip that you see in the back, that’s some polymer to lessen the overall weight of the head so that more tungsten (10 grams)can be added to the toe and heel area of the T100S model, versus the regular T100 

I agree. More like the I210. 

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

6 hours ago, texcellence86 said:

Makes sense. Just watched the TXG Live stream and this questions was answered. They stated the "Utility Build" looked to be slightly wider sole than the set head....they couldn't confirm 100% but just by looks they claimed wider.

It is.  Watch the Titleist series of videos (on their youtube channel) where Max Homa hits everything.  They also talk about the difference between the U505 and the T200 Utility irons. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I have no idea why all golf companies are striving to make players distance irons blade lengths as small as possible. This is not what many people in this category actually want.

T200 blade length should have stayed the same as last year. The gap between the T200 and T300 in the new Titleist lineup is now huge.

Edited by bombs

PING G425 MAX W/ TENSEI AV RAW ORANGE X

TITLEIST TSR2 5 WOOD W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

TITLEIST TSR2 4 HYBRID W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

MIZUNO 223 5-P W/ DG 120 X100

MIZUNO T22 50-56-60 W/ DG S400

SCOTTY CAMERON PHANTOM X7

6 minutes ago, bombs said:

I have no idea why all golf companies are striving to make players distance irons blade lengths as small as possible. This is not what many people in this category actually want.

I think they're looking at players that would like a players' iron, but want tech, they generally want a shorter blade with less offset with all the benefits of tech. When TaylorMade launched the hollow-bodied P series, the first thing people said was, "smaller less-offset!" But these things tend to swing back and forth between generations with customer feedback.

11 minutes ago, chip75 said:

I think they're looking at players that would like a players' iron, but want tech, they generally want a shorter blade with less offset with all the benefits of tech. When TaylorMade launched the hollow-bodied P series, the first thing people said was, "smaller less-offset!" But these things tend to swing back and forth between generations with customer feedback.

My view is the "shorter blade less offest" feedback is coming from reviwers moreso than actual players.

These reviewers are typically biased towards their own preferences rather than what the 'players distance' golfer actually wants or needs. 

Companies should be paying absolutely zero attention to this feedback, instead they are designing their lineups to directly address it. 

The end result will be a whole lot of players playing irons that are smaller and less forgiving, ultimately leading to higher scores. 

Edited by bombs
  • Like 1

PING G425 MAX W/ TENSEI AV RAW ORANGE X

TITLEIST TSR2 5 WOOD W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

TITLEIST TSR2 4 HYBRID W/ TENSEI 1K BLACK X

MIZUNO 223 5-P W/ DG 120 X100

MIZUNO T22 50-56-60 W/ DG S400

SCOTTY CAMERON PHANTOM X7

Does anyone know what the shaft matrix will be for the T200 utility build outwith the RDX and GD upcharge options? When I custom ordered my U500 last year there was loads of other options, some with a charge and some not. I ended up with a Atmos Black TS 9x, looks sweet in the white but curious if any new options this year. Mark Crossfield was reviewing one and he was sent the T200 utility 3 iron with a Tensei AV Raw blue... 

Titleist TS3 10.5 (B1) - Tensei Pro White 60TX

Cobra F8+ 13.5 - Tensei Pro White 70TX

Titleist T200 3i - Tensei AV Raw White 90x

Titleist 718 TMB 4i - X100 AMT White

Titleist 716 MB 5i-PW - X100 AMT White

Taylormade Milled Grind Black 52,56,60 - S200

Taylormade TP Bandon 1 L-Neck - KBS CT Tour Matte Black - GP Pro Only Cord Red Star

Tour Velvet Align

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Been watching a few Youtube videos and it seems like most really like the T100.  Still don't think I like the looks of it.

Did watch Mark Crosstfield video on the T100,T200, T300. 

He seemed to like the T200 but doesn't care much for the plastic backing which was one of my concerns and said it had a clicky sound...he mentioned that multiple times...

Did the price on the irons go up or were they $186 last release? One thing I don't like is not enough shaft options or shall I say free shaft options 😆...I thought about getting a set to mess around with until the MP22 MB come out. 

17 minutes ago, jacincm said:

Upcharge on grips?

Upcharge on KBS shafts?

Wow. Guess I was spoiled with mizuno

Same. I went to build a set just to see the shaft options and was surprised at all the upcharge options..

I normally do 5-PW and that's what I'll do with the Mizunos but if I decide to pick up a set of T200 guess I'd go 6-Gap

I don't know though with the Modus shafts it's going to be $200 an iron, I'll have to think on it

16 minutes ago, Str8Putt said:

Same. I went to build a set just to see the shaft options and was surprised at all the upcharge options..

I normally do 5-PW and that's what I'll do with the Mizunos but if I decide to pick up a set of T200 guess I'd go 6-Gap

I don't know though with the Modus shafts it's going to be $200 an iron, I'll have to think on it

At the point where the golf season is going to be over in about 2-3 months in PA, I might just get a used set come early 2022

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Str8Putt said:

Been watching a few Youtube videos and it seems like most really like the T100.  Still don't think I like the looks of it.

Did watch Mark Crosstfield video on the T100,T200, T300. 

He seemed to like the T200 but doesn't care much for the plastic backing which was one of my concerns and said it had a clicky sound...he mentioned that multiple times...

Did the price on the irons go up or were they $186 last release? One thing I don't like is not enough shaft options or shall I say free shaft options 😆...I thought about getting a set to mess around with until the MP22 MB come out. 

That guy complains about anything and don’t you dare call him out on anything he doesn’t like.

• Confused 1

HAAHA Well I'm kind of with him on the backing and when he said it's kind of cheap.

I don't know. I want to try some but a poster posted the paint chip on the previous model backing and that would drive me nuts.

Also I wonder if the backing would show rubbing spots on it but I think my biggest worry would be that the backing comes off since it's glued on.

I do see the Nippon shaft upgrade is $10 on TGW vs $15 on Titleist website so could save a little money there.

Mizuno releasing early next year is making me want impulse buy these😂

21 minutes ago, Str8Putt said:

HAAHA Well I'm kind of with him on the backing and when he said it's kind of cheap.

I don't know. I want to try some but a poster posted the paint chip on the previous model backing and that would drive me nuts.

Also I wonder if the backing would show rubbing spots on it but I think my biggest worry would be that the backing comes off since it's glued on.

I do see the Nippon shaft upgrade is $10 on TGW vs $15 on Titleist website so could save a little money there.

Mizuno releasing early next year is making me want impulse buy these😂

So I saw the irons, yes it is plastic/polymer whatever you wanna call it, however, it does not feel/look cheap like he made it seem (at least to me), I don't exactly pick up a club and start hitting the back of it with my fingers.  If that's what you do before every shot then this club is not for you.  I have the previous gen T200 in mid/long irons and don't have a single issue with the backing.  Also, they can't just slap metal there, there is so much tungsten low they need to keep weight of the club.  Touching carbon drivers gives you the same feeling of cheap plastic, there is nothing about carbon that makes it feel expensive (my personal opinion), so to each their own.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, bombs said:

T200 blade length should have stayed the same as last year. The gap between the T200 and T300 in the new Titleist lineup is now huge.

I look at it this way: they're using the latest tech to give you the best trade-off of sweet spot performance and near-miss forgiveness. The latest tech allows them to provide the same level of discretionary weight placement that used to only be possible with a longer blade. Now you can get the same tradeoff of performance vs forgiveness as before, along with better turf interaction and results from the rough. You just have to get used to the sleeker look. 

How many times do players under 15hc really hit an iron more than 1/2 a ball off the sweet spot anyway? Not much methinks. 

• Thanks 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

21 hours ago, bombs said:

If we're being totally honest, golf companies are doing whatever they think are going to generate the most sales.  If more tour players will put T200 in their bags if Titleist makes small adjustments to get them to look closer to T100, which in turn will probably get more amateurs to play the line; they're going to do that.  If you think the T200's are no longer "forgiving" enough to allow you to play well, that's what the T300's are for.

I liken this to mid-handicappers playing from the wrong tees.  I play a lot of public golf and I see countless times a group of golfers playing 1 tee up from the tips.  They all tee off and hit 4 crap shots.  These guys won't play the tips (T100), but think they're capable of the next tees (T200), but they should be playing from the next tees up from those (T300).  If everyone took their egos out of the equation, we'd all play from the proper tees with the right equipment for our games and all enjoy this game a lot more.

4 hours ago, goudok said:

So I saw the irons, yes it is plastic/polymer whatever you wanna call it, however, it does not feel/look cheap like he made it seem (at least to me), I don't exactly pick up a club and start hitting the back of it with my fingers.  If that's what you do before every shot then this club is not for you.  I have the previous gen T200 in mid/long irons and don't have a single issue with the backing.  Also, they can't just slap metal there, there is so much tungsten low they need to keep weight of the club.  Touching carbon drivers gives you the same feeling of cheap plastic, there is nothing about carbon that makes it feel expensive (my personal opinion), so to each their own.

I agree that carbon on drivers doesn’t feel cheap, but the carbon is nothing more than a coating or top layer, it doesn’t act as the actual frame of the driver. Irons are made of metal. An iron with an entirely plastic back is going to draw skepticism. It is what it is. I like the looks of the T200 but I’m going to wait to see how the polymer and paint holds up before I buy. I’m not paying $180 per iron for something that’s going to chip or crack, if that ends up being an issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lefty87 said:

I agree that carbon on drivers doesn’t feel cheap, but the carbon is nothing more than a coating or top layer, it doesn’t act as the actual frame of the driver. Irons are made of metal. An iron with an entirely plastic back is going to draw skepticism. It is what it is. I like the looks of the T200 but I’m going to wait to see how the polymer and paint holds up before I buy. I’m not paying $180 per iron for something that’s going to chip or crack, if that ends up being an issue. 

Back plate is just to cover up the ugliness going on behind the face of an iron, the top of the driver is in fact part of the frame of the actual club.  You can clearly rip out the plastic on the iron and would perform the exact same (sound and feel might change), if you however rip out the top of the driver head it will no longer perform as such.  Now if the sole of the iron was plastic we'd have some serious issues here.  

I hit both the T100 and T200 yesterday. T100 was great, loved the look and feel. Cant say it was any different than last years model. To me it was felt same. The T200 however looks "from afar" better than last years (I play the T200) but man I couldn't get on with this new model. Sole width is much wider to me than last years and the plastic covering on the back is a non starter for me. It's very clicky, more so than last years IMO. I hit the T100 further than the T200 and that shouldn't be the case. I just couldn't get into a groove with that new sole design. 

• Like 1

Done.  T-100 ordered.  

Driver: 10* Titleist TSi3 w/Ventus Black 6

3-Wood: 15* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

5-Wood: 18* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

Hybrid: 21* Titleist 818H2 w/Graphite Design HY-95

Irons (3-P): Titleist 2021 T100 w/KBS Tour

Wedges (50*, 54*, 60*): Vokey WedgeWorks SM8 w/KBS Tour

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 9.5 Triple Black

**14-club set-up course/conditions dependent

3 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

I get the point of the polymer backing...but I'm like you $186 well in my case $200 because of the shaft upgrade is a little steep and I know a lot here are in the it's a tool camp but I like my stuff looking good and the paint chipping off, rubbing off in a spot or just popping off isn't going to sit too well with me.

Hopefully it won't be an issue 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mtnbiker5 said:

Crossfield recently reviwed the T200 and said the back of the face plate seemed clicky and cheap  Hmmmm......  Will test once in hand to see..

I hit them yesterday and honestly the back was fine. I was really surprised by the thinnish topline and little offset. The soul of the t200 was acceptable. I’m more of a feel player and the feel between the t100-t200 is massive snd that hollow feeling is very obvious. I got the t200 3 iron with tour adi shaft and 4-PW in the t100. Now to Crossfields comment about the back sounding weird, yes, when you tap it it sounds different. Why that would stop someone from buying that is beyond me but the t200 is going to be imo the most popular amateur iron of this lineup. 

Edited by DatDude7984
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DatDude7984 said:

I hit them yesterday and honestly the back was fine. I was really surprised by the thinnish topline and little offset. The soul of the t200 was acceptable. I’m more of a feel player and the feel between the t100-t200 is massive snd that hollow feeling is very obvious. I got the t200 3 iron with tour adi shaft and 4-PW in the t100. Now to Crossfields comment about the back sounding weird, yes, when you tap it it sounds different. Why that would stop someone from buying that is beyond me but the t200 is going to be imo the most popular amateur iron of this lineup. 

What did you notice in terms of performance? Forgiveness compared to T100?

4 minutes ago, Lefty87 said:

What did you notice in terms of performance? Forgiveness compared to T100?

It was really hot to be honest. Too hot for me. I’m a high swing speed high spin player. The launch was slightly lower than the t100 and i was about 10-15 yards longer with the t200. 6 iron launching around 205-210. Look wise it passes the eye test. I would consider gaming the t200 in a 4 iron as well but got it in the t200 utility. The feel is the main difference. I play the mp20 mb and the feel of the t100 was close to as blade as I’ve ever come to a cavity back him the t100. The t200 felt like it was electrocuted off the club face it was so hot. The sound was def different. But look wise at address it looks like a somewhat players iron. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1