MEMBER REVIEWS: Cobra King 3D Printed Putters! See What Members Are Saying!

6 hours ago, dripsauce said:

I heard from customers that the shiny finish is extremely bright when looking down on a sunny day 

any other fitter/sellers receive this feedback??

I have not noticed this. I’ll try to be more aware of the head in direct sunlight and see if I can take any photos.

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

27 minutes ago, cwilk said:

I’m still using/testing my Grandsport. I played 18 last Sunday after my last post and had another poor putting day. 38 putts total with a lot coming up way too short. I’m just struggling with it. It’s not the head shape because I putted closer to 30 putts a round with my HB #1 that I felt was too light. They are both the same playing length with steel shafts and similar size grips. So it has to be either the weight or face/insert causing me the issues. I think they are ugly, but could have ignored that if it performed for me. So far it doesn’t. I would have dropped a putter that performed like this for me much sooner if it wasn’t a test putter. 

I’m in SE Texas too, and we’ve only had one dry day this week since Sunday and it was a range day for my son. Prepping him for next weeks tournament. I’m hoping to get 9 holes in today and more this weekend. I have the rest of the Arccos sensors arriving tomorrow so I plan to get some actual putting stats soon as well that I can share visually here with app screenshots. 

I wont lie, the grandsport is the ugliest of them all. The mallets are easier to swallow and the vintage line is actually pleasant to look at. As far as the performance, it sounds as if you get the speed control down, it would be ok. Thats another reason why i went with vintage line as it has available weight kits should i need it. That could be your issue. I doubt its the face. Doesn't make much sense to have less adjustability at $100 more. I asked cobra in the  ask me anything post about weights, and they said not at this time but it could be a possibility. For their first attempt in a tough tough putter market i think they did a lot of good but also made some mistakes, likely just trying to be different and standout. Hopefully they take our feedback and improve next generation. A weight kit to come with a putter included in the price would be amazing too, wish more companies would do that, as well as custom lie and loft adjustments. 

Edited by Red4282

6 hours ago, dripsauce said:

I heard from customers that the shiny finish is extremely bright when looking down on a sunny day 

any other fitter/sellers receive this feedback??

So in the store I definitely  noticed how shiny and reflective the silver strips on top were and though thats going to be an issue. However a a few people who have been on course have said it hasn’t. Maybe its one of those deals where the sun has to be directly overhead and catch it just right, but sounds like its not as bad as i had originally thought it would be.

I got 9 in today with mediocre putting, 17 putts after hitting only 2 greens.

I tried to get mine to glare in the sunlight and couldn’t when addressed normally. I could if I tilted the head, but I don’t see it being an issue at all on course. 

I played 9 yesterday before my Arrcos sensors arrived and had 20 putts, including 3 x 3 putts and 1 x 4 putt. 

I got my sensors installed today and played another 9 and putting was just as bad with 3 x 3 putts.  

I’ll continue testing this putter until I find a replacement. But it’s just a terrible fit for me. I putted significantly better with a basic blade with no technology. 

A58ABB0B-E14C-4448-8B2B-BD68FD92D8E8.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably my last update with this putter. It’s just not for me. I think the putter is too heavy and the balance is off for me. I played a round with 3 guys yesterday and let them hit a few putts and they all felt the same way. Two were in Odyssey stroke lab putters (2 ball and #7), and both of those felt much better to me. So I’ll be experimenting with a stroke lab putter next.

The only real positive for me from this putter was it pushed me over the edge in regards to finally giving Arccos a try. I’ve been very happy with how it’s working and the stats are helpful in showing just how bad/good you are in given areas. My putting stats from the last 4 full rounds using the Grandsport are attached. 

7F3F4EBD-42EB-419F-A48C-88CDF3E5ACE9.jpeg

EE3450DB-EB84-4702-B204-4889258FE506.jpeg

69AFBD35-A06E-43CB-8A63-F40070C7AC39.jpeg

04308DD6-3CEF-449D-B40A-F8A94C09480A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 3:13 PM, cwilk said:

This is probably my last update with this putter. It’s just not for me. I think the putter is too heavy and the balance is off for me. I played a round with 3 guys yesterday and let them hit a few putts and they all felt the same way. Two were in Odyssey stroke lab putters (2 ball and #7), and both of those felt much better to me. So I’ll be experimenting with a stroke lab putter next.

The only real positive for me from this putter was it pushed me over the edge in regards to finally giving Arccos a try. I’ve been very happy with how it’s working and the stats are helpful in showing just how bad/good you are in given areas. My putting stats from the last 4 full rounds using the Grandsport are attached. 

7F3F4EBD-42EB-419F-A48C-88CDF3E5ACE9.jpeg

EE3450DB-EB84-4702-B204-4889258FE506.jpeg

69AFBD35-A06E-43CB-8A63-F40070C7AC39.jpeg

04308DD6-3CEF-449D-B40A-F8A94C09480A.jpeg

@cwilkThanks for putting in the time with the Arccos feature on this putter. This is something that I never got around to testing out. Seems like some good data to learn off of!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will29 said:

What about the wear and tear of the head? I thought I had heard that the black finish seems to come off quick. 

I havent had any issues with that. I was worried about the face dinging, some people saying they had dings and scratches from sand on the ball. But mine has held up well. Clean your ball and face often, use the headcover and you should be fine.

Edited by Red4282

1 hour ago, Red4282 said:

I havent had any issues with that. I was worried about the face dinging, some people saying they had dings and scratches from sand on the ball. But mine has held up well. Clean your ball and face often, use the headcover and you should be fine.

Excellent  to know. Not sure why anyone would be putting with a dirty ball or not putting their headcover on but nothing will surprise me anymore. 

I didn’t have any issues with the black finish, but I did see some marks in the face/insert. I do clean my ball before putting so I’m not sure how it happened. 

• 2 weeks later...

So is the face so soft and delicate specs of sand or dirt make dents in it? I loved one of these so much at my GG I trunked one and took it out Friday. No practice straight to the course. It rolls great! But there’s small dents in the face. Wtf? And of course I clean my balls.  What happens if you play on sanded / greens? Also, at PGASS today almost all of the Cobra putters that had the plastic removed were all dinged up and looked really bad. 

not sure if you can see it in these pics. 

C4A10E9B-4C04-4DA2-946E-26CC91FD02C0.jpeg

14136880-EE4B-4A3C-BE16-33CF54E98E9D.jpeg

Edited by Kmac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmac said:

So is this something that’s concerning? I’m thinking about returning it today. I mean how bad will the face be after a season? If you’re OCD af that will drive you crazy lol

I have no clue. I already moved on and don’t believe there is much going on with the SIK face technology. I switched to a stroke lab seven and am seeing a much better roll with the white hot micro-hinge insert it has. Probably the best roll for me/my stroke since the TM Spider Tour. But maybe it’s that I respond best to plastic inserts. 

I have a few rounds in with mine now and havent seen any marks on the face. Marks on the heel like that shouldnt be coming from a dirty ball….maybe you dinked it on a wedge carrying it to/from green?  I do think its a bit on the fragile side, so caution is advised. Its definately something they should address if they come out with a gen 2. Im loving mine though. Speed control is excellent, no 3 putts today and made everything inside 6 feet. If i missed it was a bad read. 

27 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

I have a few rounds in with mine now and havent seen any marks on the face. Marks on the heel like that shouldnt be coming from a dirty ball….maybe you dinked it on a wedge carrying it to/from green?  I do think its a bit on the fragile side, so caution is advised. Its definately something they should address if they come out with a gen 2. Im loving mine though. Speed control is excellent, no 3 putts today and made everything inside 6 feet. If i missed it was a bad read. 

The first time it happened to mine was from using it to pull a ball closer to me that was in a bunker. I didn’t even hit the ball. It’s pretty soft and the sand was the only thing that could have caused it so it seems like a dirty ball could do some damage to the insert. 

Edited by cwilk

On 8/16/2021 at 9:59 AM, cwilk said:

I have no clue. I already moved on and don’t believe there is much going on with the SIK face technology. I switched to a stroke lab seven and am seeing a much better roll with the white hot micro-hinge insert it has. Probably the best roll for me/my stroke since the TM Spider Tour. But maybe it’s that I respond best to plastic inserts. 

I took it back and went back to the stroke lap tour line ten. It’s been awesome for me but I wanted a fling with the sik face and it wasn’t true love. Cheap thrill. Lol 

• Like 1

I finally got my Agera Arm-Lock! Huge thanks to GolfWRX and Cobra for giving me the opportunity to test this bad-boy out.

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

Initial impressions are all positive so far, with just one exception. The lie angle was 6* flat at 66*, so that was addressed before I did anything else. Loft was also 2* weak at 9* on the upper part of the face, so that was corrected as well. Kind of disappointing to see it that far off, but it's so easily correctable and I think every club should be fit anyway, so not a deal breaker by any means.

The stock length at 41" and a 71* lie angle set up pretty good for me at 5'7", but I think it would be just about perfect around 39.5" (normally play a 2-ball @ 32"). Unfortunately the grip has a full length seam, so blowing it off and shortening was not an option.

IMG_2032.jpg

It is ridiculously easy to hit this thing online. I mean shockingly easy. I have been seeing a steady decline over the past few years in my putting stats, and it's gotten to the point that I have destroyed some really good ball striking rounds this season with atrocious mid and short range putting. Not ready to call it full on yips yet, but it's close. I saw an immediate improvement with starting it online inside of 10 feet, so that alone is a huge huge positive. Longer putts are going to need a little work with it to get fully dialed in on speed, mainly because I was using my wrists and hands a lot more than I should've been (or realized).

IMG_2029.jpg

Forgiveness is off the charts, and I'm assuming the MOI is as well. Off center hits don't even phase it. No twisting even on a full toe strike and distance is barely affected.

IMG_2028.jpg

Feel/sound is pleasant, doesn't seem overly hot/jumpy but certainly doesn't feel dead or mushy at all. Firmer than a white hot and softer than a milled face. Really seems like they have a great insert here and the SIK loft technology is a fantastic feature.

The looks are awesome in person. Better than the website pics (or mine) really convey. It's not nearly as big as I thought it would be, with the heel-toe length of the face almost identical to the 2-ball. The 3D printed cartridge looks super cool and the alignment aide is great for point and shoot. The darker front section is also a great touch, almost o-works-ish.

IMG_2031.jpg

As others have already stated the shiny chrome-ish finish is not bothersome at all at address, and I can't really see it causing any glare issues during use.

IMG_2030.jpg

Was already using Arccos, and am stoked that the sensor is integrated on this. Anyone with a pistol grip can tell you how crappy the normal sensors fit, lol.

I've only played one full round with it so far, but it was one of the best putting rounds I've had in several years. Only missed one putt inside of 10 feet all day. Extremely happy with the results and kind of surprised it was such an easy transition from a traditional putter. More pics and impressions to come as I get some more time in with it. Not sure about the face getting dinged up for you guys, after a round and a few hours in the backyard mine still looks new. Time will tell though.

Edited by 505
Fixed broken pic links
  • Like 2

D - MyStealth+ 9* - Ventus Black 5X 

3w - Sim 14* - Diamana A'hina 60X

5w - M3 19* - Diamana B70X

4h - M1 21* - Kuro Kage Black 80X

5i-PW - P770-20 - DG 105VSS X100

50/55/60 - RTX Zipcore - DG Spinner

P - 2-ball Protype Black

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Little update here since the season is starting to wind down and I've had a lot more time with the Agera. This thing is just sick. Honestly couldn't be happier with it.

IMG_2206.jpg.360966930843f37858d49d4878b7b663.jpg

Putting stats are improved across the board. 3-putts are down, 1-putts are up.

IMG_2333.PNG.1e07fcd1ebb81f2796b59cbf4a4e630d.PNGIMG_2332.PNG.160e6ca7a959e3473093b30d087901d3.PNG

A good chunk of those 3-putts came during week one as well, when I was struggling a little bit (with the arm-lock) getting used to the speed needed on long putts outside of 30-40 feet. If I were to somehow eliminate those out of the Arccos data set, I'm calculating right around 3ish% for the rest of the year, which is just freaking awesome.

I'm also not seeing any unusual wear in the face. Seriously guys, clean your balls once in awhile. 😉

IMG_2205.jpg.2c5d57623ff1ba76f039b51c82258415.jpg

Overall it's holding up really well.

IMG_2204.jpg.74de637a1d16915ebb2d1c4a0019fd7c.jpg

Final rating: 10/10

• Like 1

P - 2-ball Protype Black

34 minutes ago, 505 said:

Little update here since the season is starting to wind down and I've had a lot more time with the Agera. This thing is just sick. Honestly couldn't be happier with it.

IMG_2206.jpg.360966930843f37858d49d4878b7b663.jpg

Putting stats are improved across the board. 3-putts are down, 1-putts are up.

IMG_2333.PNG.1e07fcd1ebb81f2796b59cbf4a4e630d.PNGIMG_2332.PNG.160e6ca7a959e3473093b30d087901d3.PNG

A good chunk of those 3-putts came during week one as well, when I was struggling a little bit (with the arm-lock) getting used to the speed needed on long putts outside of 30-40 feet. If I were to somehow eliminate those out of the Arccos data set, I'm calculating right around 3ish% for the rest of the year, which is just freaking awesome.

I'm also not seeing any unusual wear in the face. Seriously guys, clean your balls once in awhile. 😉

IMG_2205.jpg.2c5d57623ff1ba76f039b51c82258415.jpg

Overall it's holding up really well.

IMG_2204.jpg.74de637a1d16915ebb2d1c4a0019fd7c.jpg

Final rating: 10/10

I still have mine and love it, unfortunately i have now 2 dings on the face and have no clue how they got there. Stinks, but im over it as not intending to sell, and doesnt effect performance.

Thinking about getting the Agera armlock. After reading all this am a bit worried about the face dinging especially given how much it costs! Wonder if cobra will replace that under warranty!

But really like the way the ball rolls off the sik face. 

Lol I saw a YouTube review where the putter came to the reviewer in a case and was deconstructed, Sik insert was separate... Wish I could buy just the sik insert and glue it onto my current gamer 😆

24 minutes ago, tezzlacoil said:

Thinking about getting the Agera armlock. After reading all this am a bit worried about the face dinging especially given how much it costs! 

Wouldn't worry too much, just keep the headcover on it. That pic I posted a couple days ago is after 3.5 months with about 30 rounds and a ton of practice on it.

P - 2-ball Protype Black

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, 505 said:

Wouldn't worry too much, just keep the headcover on it. That pic I posted a couple days ago is after 3.5 months with about 30 rounds and a ton of practice on it.

Just got my armlock Agera. Been testing it out and I love the roll off the face. 

One thing I gotta ask though, where do you guys position the ball? For my putter to sit perfectly flat on the ground, the shaft actually leans backwards behind the face. So I need to have the ball position very forward, like near my front foot, like a driver ball position, for the putter to be flat on the ground.

Either that or if I position the ball closer to centre of stance I need to forward press the club which raise the back prongs off the ground and it feels like I'm delofting the club?

Not sure if somehow the bend is wrong on mine or I'm just not in the right setup?

Definitely like the roll off the face. When I get a chance I'm going to change to a flat armlock grip (eg jumbomax jmx 17) and also get it bent way more upright to 77 or 78° as I prefer a straighter lead arm. At 72° I feel like I need to hunch over and bend my elbow like Kuchar... Dunno how you guys do it!

On 12/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, tezzlacoil said:

Just got my armlock Agera. Been testing it out and I love the roll off the face. 

One thing I gotta ask though, where do you guys position the ball? For my putter to sit perfectly flat on the ground, the shaft actually leans backwards behind the face. So I need to have the ball position very forward, like near my front foot, like a driver ball position, for the putter to be flat on the ground.

Either that or if I position the ball closer to centre of stance I need to forward press the club which raise the back prongs off the ground and it feels like I'm delofting the club?

Not sure if somehow the bend is wrong on mine or I'm just not in the right setup?

Definitely like the roll off the face. When I get a chance I'm going to change to a flat armlock grip (eg jumbomax jmx 17) and also get it bent way more upright to 77 or 78° as I prefer a straighter lead arm. At 72° I feel like I need to hunch over and bend my elbow like Kuchar... Dunno how you guys do it!

Im not a great source on armlocks but im pretty sure you need an adequate amount of shaft lean in order for it to rest against the left forearm. I also believe they are made with more loft to make up for this. So there may not be any way around those prongs sticking up. May just be a design flaw.

• 11 months later...

Hate to revive such an old thread but am considering one of these 3D printed putters. I am very curious how these held up over time. There was a lot of discussion here about the softness of the SIK face and the nicks and such people were seeing. I am even more curious how the nylon bodies held up. Never had a plastic club before. Any issues there?

Callaway Paradym  (10.5*) / Kuro Kage 50g R 

Callaway Epic Max 3W / Hzrdus Smoke / 60g 6.0

Callaway Apex UW (19*) / Hzrdus RDX 70g 5.5

Callaway Apex 21 (4-PW) / Accra iSeries 60i

Callaway Mack Daddy 5 54* 58* / Dynamic Gold s200

Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 / 33

Chrome Soft

6 hours ago, toominator said:

Hate to revive such an old thread but am considering one of these 3D printed putters. I am very curious how these held up over time. There was a lot of discussion here about the softness of the SIK face and the nicks and such people were seeing. I am even more curious how the nylon bodies held up. Never had a plastic club before. Any issues there?

Over 1 year, the 3D printed body looked brand new for me. No need to ever worry about that if you use the head cover. 

My face came with  very slight micro scuffs on it. At first I was concerned but over time, I didn't see any degredation in the face from how I received the putter. Also realised the micro scuffs make zero difference and are just cosmetic in nature as far as I can tell. I made sure my ball wasn't filthy when I putt with it, but I woudlnt fully clean it every time, I just use my fingers to brush off any loose dirt or sand.

it's a great putter, so much so my brother bought the exact same one after I left him use mine for a round.

that being said I've recently switched to a SIK flo armlock as I'm a ho and wanted to use a milled putter. It's not as stable thru the ball but I can feel the face more is what I'd say.

check out the pics of it I used for when I sold it.

PXL_20221105_011000510.jpg

PXL_20221105_011011384.jpg

PXL_20221105_011019430.jpg