2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2021 Dow Great Lakes Invitational Team event

KBong

17 minutes ago, KBong said:

Was everyone playing golf on Wed & Thurs?....this thread was kinda quiet those 2 days...I'll admit....I decided last moment to hit the links.

Because of Covid (price gouging & difficulty finding tee time) I got an annual membership/pass last December....so I'll go play more w/o guilt...because it's "free".

With fewer restrictions....tee times (other than the muni's) are easy to secure nowadays...but they haven't reduced the green fees....except for last minute promo pricing.

I golfed yesterday and today, and then spent most of the day watching The Open. 

Tough to get overly excited about the Dow when it's pushed back into the evening. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

4 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Brooke was in Red and In Gee in a pinkish colour, no?

@Argonne69 . . . I have had a late start to the morning here on the west coast ... my building is without hot water today so things have been slow to start and I had to make my morning coffee with cold water 😉😄 . . . So, I suspect that I missed the gist of what you were saying?

Edited by Golf Dino

18 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

@Argonne69 . . . I have had a late start to the morning here on the west coast ... my building is without hot water today so things have been slow to start and I had to make my morning coffee with cold water 😉😄 . . . So, I suspect that I missed the gist of what you were saying?

Brooke was wearing a red top with black pants, and In Gee was wearing a salmon pink top and black skort. 

Their playing partners, Inbee and So Yeon were wearing the same colors. Inbee was in red/black, and So Yeon in salmon/black. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Thanks 1

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

9 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Tough to get overly excited about the Dow when it's pushed back into the evening. 

I got 5 holes in yesterday before the deluge. Had a 5-some for a shamble. Tried to wait it out at the potty spot whilst finishing up the birdie shots.  Settled on Mexican Train w/a whole lotta wine. A good time was had by all!!

217439574_10159439367559489_3185852536367483295_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=wiX03OUE1SUAX8g2ZUl&_nc_oc=AQnggjt3GeVmua-dRwok3Sac0gpfnhE4L5h153H534Q8kT8ZNWYoWnDlPrN6mAhj-Eo&tn=f_n_J7792EZDPdGg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3ab715497e1427ea80eb5773e6251c55&oe=60F7619B

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, KBong said:

I like Tom...he used to be better on the LPGA coverage because he'd say some funny stuff that others dare not discuss.

I think he's had to tone it down in our Pink Shirt PC society.

Have you chatted with Tom?...he's funny.

He's a Euro Gigi Fashionista.

All the gals on the LPGA LUV Tom.

There was a previous WRX member from Cali...he was so funny...he was/is a HUGE Tom Abbott fanboy...even had a picture of Tom as his avatar....he also liked Wiesy and SNaP.

There was also another guy from Cali too....he was/is HILARIOUS too.....he used to create and post some REALLY FUNNY Photoshopped pictures.

I have it on my other laptop...he created a picture of Tina looking like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Anyone remember these two and their WRX handles?

Yeah, @4waymisswas funny. Miss his contributions.

Was @mnmlistgolfrthe Photoshop whiz? There are a number of old members who have been quiet for a while, including 

@78Staff, @AKL Kiwi, @Rustbelt, @Singapore Joe, and @bravedave

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

You golf everyday....you spend more on golf in a year than I do in 5 years and I golf 100+/yr.

I HATE Covid...it's not helping my cheapa** ways.

I want to get new used irons....I want a tad softer shafts...but there is virtually no good used club inventory or people want stupid prices for their gear.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, 18majors said:

Mexican American population grew from 20.9 million in 2000 to 36.6 million in 2017.  As a group, they're very powerful both politically and commercially.

There ain't any better indication than the treatment of Maria Fassi; including this article:

Can a team event with Stacy Lewis be the catalyst that turns around Maria Fassi’s year?

It has grown, A LOT but this population ( I am part of it, as my dad is from Mexico) is not a monolith. Every election, certain pundits want to talk about the sleeping giant that is going to awaken with this "voting bloc" and it never happens. I think the changes are much more localized. The  largest school district where I live ( a metro area of over 1 million) is 54% Hispanic and yes there are students from countries other than Mexico but the vast majority of that 54% is Mexican. The local archdiocese had to build a new parish because the growth of parishes locally left some with having 8 masses in Spanish on Sunday and having people standing. The 2 biggest tax revenue generating shopping corridors in my city are one that has higher end stores and a upscale mall and the other is one with primarily Mexican owned businesses. It's a broad, diverse community in itself. 

However, for someone to have an impact on moving the needle, there would need to be another star. I would almost dare say bigger than Lorena or as big because many know about her but Lorena has already come and gone. As much as LPGA/USGA girls golf touts it's success, I'm not sure they are really reaching a diverse group of girls from different socio-economic backgrounds. The First Tee varies from city to city. Some cities have great programs, the one near us is almost dormant. 

I've criticized Fassi a lot but perhaps this week has shown her, playing with a partner, that you need to be more strategic on every shot. That you don't always need to pull out the driver, especially if it's going to land you in the rough. That is a strength for her but you can't win events on relying on one strength and it being the answer to everything. So my hope would be that she would learn to play golf smarter and that what makes her famous (distance) isn't the answer to everything. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Yeah, @4waymisswas funny. Miss his contributions.

Was @mnmlistgolfrthe Photoshop whiz? There are a number of old members who have been quiet for a while, including 

@78Staff, @AKL Kiwi, @Rustbelt, @Singapore Joe, and @bravedave

Correct...great memory....4way & mnm are so FREAKIN funny.

BraveDave is a nut job.

I met him in Portland in 2013 at the LPGA event...he's a NYC fanboy....he also suggested we go fanboy LEGS....I never was a fan of hers....but after we went out to watch her ( I had to as it was his turn to buy the next rd of beers)....I became a Sandra Gal fanboy...she so freakin approachable....besides..... I gotta fanboy any pro who is a BFF with The LOVELY Hee Young Park.

I believe Dave packed up all his stuff and is a nomad in Asia searching for a Vietnamese or Filipino mail order bride.🤣

He brags a lot how he can play these executive length courses for approx $10 US.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

It has grown, A LOT but this population ( I am part of it, as my dad is from Mexico) is not a monolith. Every election, certain pundits want to talk about the sleeping giant that is going to awaken with this "voting bloc" and it never happens. I think the changes are much more localized. The  largest school district where I live ( a metro area of over 1 million) is 54% Hispanic and yes there are students from countries other than Mexico but the vast majority of that 54% is Mexican. The local archdiocese had to build a new parish because the growth of parishes locally left some with having 8 masses in Spanish on Sunday and having people standing. The 2 biggest tax revenue generating shopping corridors in my city are one that has higher end stores and a upscale mall and the other is one with primarily Mexican owned businesses. It's a broad, diverse community in itself. 

However, for someone to have an impact on moving the needle, there would need to be another star. I would almost dare say bigger than Lorena or as big because many know about her but Lorena has already come and gone. As much as LPGA/USGA girls golf touts it's success, I'm not sure they are really reaching a diverse group of girls from different so

cio-economic backgrounds. The First Tee varies from city to city. Some cities have great programs, the one near us is almost dormant. 

I've criticized Fassi a lot but perhaps this week has shown her, playing with a partner, that you need to be more strategic on every shot. That you don't always need to pull out the driver, especially if it's going to land you in the rough. That is a strength for her but you can't win events on relying on one strength and it being the answer to everything. So my hope would be that she would learn to play golf smarter and that what makes her famous (distance) isn't the answer to everything. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

5 hours ago, MagicClassic407 said:

I got 5 holes in yesterday before the deluge. Had a 5-some for a shamble. Tried to wait it out at the potty spot whilst finishing up the birdie shots.  Settled on Mexican Train w/a whole lotta wine. A good time was had by all!!

217439574_10159439367559489_3185852536367483295_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=wiX03OUE1SUAX8g2ZUl&_nc_oc=AQnggjt3GeVmua-dRwok3Sac0gpfnhE4L5h153H534Q8kT8ZNWYoWnDlPrN6mAhj-Eo&tn=f_n_J7792EZDPdGg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=3ab715497e1427ea80eb5773e6251c55&oe=60F7619B

Magic:

Did you fail grade school math?....you're 2 short of a 5some....I assume you are also not in the photo.

Did the Mexican train take a detour to Napa?...I would have thought on a Mexican train you'd be doing tequila shots.

Edited by KBong
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

I've criticized Fassi a lot but perhaps this week has shown her, playing with a partner, that you need to be more strategic on every shot. That you don't always need to pull out the driver, 

If it takes Fassi to be paired up with another to realize some shortcomings in her game....then to me...it demonstrates her golf IQ is low.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KBong said:

If it takes Fassi to be paired up with another to realize some shortcomings in her game....then to me...it demonstrates her golf IQ is low.

Whatever her issue is, she has to be embarrassed of her performance since joining the LPGA. Maybe she can't hit 3 woods or 2 irons like Ariya. At this point, I would be hitting 6 irons off the tee..lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Whatever her issue is, she has to be embarrassed of her performance since joining the LPGA. Maybe she can't hit 3 woods or 2 irons like Ariya. At this point, I would be hitting 6 irons off the tee..lol

It's pathetic how the media fawns over Fassi and I'm SMH how she obtained 2 invites to the KPMG and Evian.

2021....10 of 11 trunk slams...a T50

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KBong said:

Paige is too busy GIGGLING to talk about anything important....just sayin.

But you should be happy young lady.....Motor Mouth Stupples is on the Open Championship coverage....but I suspect you're also a fangirl of men's golf....so you can't escape the suffering.🤣

I cannot stand Stupples and now she's at the "Open", but I think she "may" be toning it down a bit with this gig.  I guess they want a British voice doing commentary there....I still mute her.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KBong said:

Magic:

Did you fail grade school math?....you're 2 short of a 3some....I assume you are also not in the photo.

Did the Mexican train take a detour to Napa?...I would have thought on a Mexican train you'd be doing tequila shots.

Happy now? You name it, we were either drinking it or eating it.

JGgMJoOa6WKA1IDYhSaptt2EWnecgCc1I0qmNyfdTWymEnXzMeSaoo4VbvFP9tE07UCcifnCmhMlFfxxlMKllLT6IY2ADCS7EoB5GseZU1G8m4UyOPa1Mew4bkLusvCibSRi9fTeP-OdTMdXBenpxCmaZx0NHV1DM81QLipKfxCo6lQ9DnRPkkljrsymf4Zs7a8mUACO7TmvNG9MfTXY1tXBqaLQ3OlXIC-5iIuA4x0aKLNqzAe36l_BYv3FxILfm21Kht-uu3j3PfhrErAYdZeywPezJwUusgvUCEm7SZ4ppSFLrxyLOIqoMRlF6oeVGQ9vFK4rCXnrxt7B3FzuYCItyFQVkbi4T3DScw2nGLf9p5HZ36hr80hqrJPGRmRjIlpq6dQkSUteHMEudVTxOacII07zqYUs0GyXmPUS934RsAW280m_P92RmLF86IwJNzj3z5rEnC9ScRoTffD63Ek8fIGAgnGhWXMIaQTYziQx9HEV2HD86L9-OesLq8dZ_j84SCDRr0LhUCcfDrAUBC78Pllen9r_j3QTxCz8nqBCS8nl1vrG8Vw6dQIEZebAaf-dOi2J5LR4vVKwvMtUuPZOBBmmAj4PLZxF3DB7C2vLlu-FKbb_IbYzutJhyUD2fJzt_TkSkc7Ppiss0fsAsFLl-xPq57Kkm2cdHVGWr58rypyxSoAvk4kXfUOubstQf5nbR2A3TqcPcWkvWEscPM-0=w1340-h866-no?authuser=0

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Kaysquare said:

I cannot stand Stupples and now she's at the "Open", but I think she "may" be toning it down a bit with this gig.  I guess they want a British voice doing commentary there....I still mute her.

You and I are the only ones who don't care for Stupples on this forum.

Are you a member at Tanoan?...I don't think you golf at Paako.

7 hours ago, KBong said:

So which LPGA pro will be the 1st to trash their driver and say it s*cks?

I'm guessing it will be Fassi to say her SIM2 s*cks.

Brooks was funny today in his post round interview. Without being asked, he blurted out, "I love my driver." 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KBong said:

In Gee & Brooke....Team Yin Yang...IMO is not a great name.

Consider how slow they both play....a more appropriate team name would have been:

"On the Clock"

Team Glacier? Team What's the Hurry? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KBong said:

You golf everyday....you spend more on golf in a year than I do in 5 years and I golf 100+/yr.

I HATE Covid...it's not helping my cheapa** ways.

I want to get new used irons....I want a tad softer shafts...but there is virtually no good used club inventory or people want stupid prices for their gear.

Lol. I've cut back a bit. Over the winter I was playing 5 days a week in Phoenix, but I'm "only" playing four days a week now. 

I used to spend a ton on golf, but in retirement I can't go crazy. I try to play a couple of cheap munis each week. I spent $33 to walk 18 today. Finished in 2:40 in the early morning. My round on Tuesday was $25, and I finished in 2:45. It helped that its been raining here all week. 

I did just drop $800 on a set of five PXG irons. They arrive next week. I decided I have to go the full poser route. Life's too short to play cheap hand me downs. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do like the fact that they're showing the longest drives on the 10th hole each day. Driving stats generally get lost in the details each week. 

However, I'd like to see a few more sponsors step up for some additional stats. Best scrambling for the day? Highest total putts made? Best proximity to the hole? 

6 hours ago, fredogolfer said:

However, for someone to have an impact on moving the needle, there would need to be another star. I would almost dare say bigger than Lorena or as big because many know about her but Lorena has already come and gone. As much as LPGA/USGA girls golf touts it's success, I'm not sure they are really reaching a diverse group of girls from different socio-economic backgrounds. The First Tee varies from city to city. Some cities have great programs, the one near us is almost dormant. 

Maria should sit down and watch the 2006 Open Championship. Watch how Tiger won yet another major with only one driver hit all week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

I did just drop $800 on a set of five PXG irons. They arrive next week. I decided I have to go the full poser route. Life's too short to play cheap hand me downs. Lol. 

Did you get fit on real grass?

What irons heads and what shafts?

Did you pay $80-$100 for the shipping?

I hope you ordered a PXG hat...ya can't go full PXG POSER with the 'look'.

KABOOM BABY!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1