Jump to content

Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Ncgolfing said:

Good Afternoon — I have a quick question regarding the Tensei CK Pro Blue Hybrid shafts..I know all the pro version driver shafts have the boron tip, but do the hybrid shafts have this as well? If not - is there another way to distinguish the pro vs regular Ck blue? 
 

Thanks!

 

They do not have a marking of  ////BORON by the tip. The carbon kevlar under the handle that extends to under the grip is the only way to tell.

 

I dont think the CK Hybrid was ever made in a non-Pro version without having the silver paint below the blue band.

 

There is also a Tensei AV Blue which is a different line.

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

 

They do not have a marking of  ////BORON by the tip. The carbon kevlar under the handle that extends to under the grip is the only way to tell.

 

I dont think the CK Hybrid was ever made in a non-Pro version without having the silver paint below the blue band.

 

There is also a Tensei AV Blue which is a different line.

Thanks for the reply @third-times-a-charmDoes this appear to be what you are referring to?

30B58C63-9961-47EA-848D-597A88821499.png

DE507E8C-31D2-4255-949F-9766777E5150.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ncgolfing said:

Thanks for the reply @third-times-a-charmDoes this appear to be what you are referring to?

30B58C63-9961-47EA-848D-597A88821499.png

DE507E8C-31D2-4255-949F-9766777E5150.png

 

Those are so close up that you cant tell, I would get a photo of the grip area and make sure the carbon fiber goes all the way up to it. But from the looks of those it should be a CK Pro

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to MCA website, the K in "CK" should be blue with a "real" Pro Blue.  If the K isn't blue, its just a CK Blue shaft.

 

** unless MCA is lying in the pictures on their own website (https://www.mca-golf.com/products/ck-pro-blue-hybrid)

 

 

Titleist TS3 10.5*: Aldila Tour Green 65 TS

Titleist 917D2 12* Tour Issue: Graphite Design XC 7X

Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 16.5*: KBS C-Taper Lite 110X

Titleist 818H2 19* (set at 18*): Tensei Pro White 90X

Grindworks PR-202: Modus3 120X

Vega VW-04 50* (set at 48*): KBS Tour 105 S

Vega VW-10 raw 52*: KBS Tour 120 FLT

Mizuno S18 54* DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hagimihale said:

According to MCA website, the K in "CK" should be blue with a "real" Pro Blue.  If the K isn't blue, its just a CK Blue shaft.

 

** unless MCA is lying in the pictures on their own website (https://www.mca-golf.com/products/ck-pro-blue-hybrid)

 

 

 

Thats not true. Thats only for the old models that also have a blue hue in the epoxy over the carbon fiver weave and saying 'MITSUBISHI RAYON'. I have a Tensei CK Pro Blue Hybrid and I do not have the blue K, my shaft is newer with the 'MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL' logo on it and no blue hue on the carbon wrap, either. @Ncgolfing

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

 

Thats not true. Thats only for the old models that also have a blue hue in the epoxy over the carbon fiver weave and saying 'MITSUBISHI RAYON'. I have a Tensei CK Pro Blue Hybrid and I do not have the blue K, my shaft is newer with the 'MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL' logo on it and no blue hue on the carbon wrap, either. @Ncgolfing

Now I may be more confused than when we started 😆 

 

I just pulled up a couple that 2nd swing has for sale listed as “pro” and one has the blue K, one does not. So appears you are correct. I went ahead and asked him for a better picture of the shaft near the grip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@third-times-a-charm, did your Pro Blue come stock with the TS2 Hybrid?

 

I have an 818H2 with a CK White.  Just like yours, its says "Mitsubishi Chemical".  But the K in CK is not painted white, so I assumed it was a non-Pro CK White series hybrid.  

 

It seems odd that the pictures MCA has on their website for Tensei hybrid shafts still has the White/Blue/Red paint in the K, and they still use this platform for their aftermarket driver shafts, but would go away from that with more current hybrid shafts. Also notice that there are no non-pro (i.e. CK Blue vs Pro Blue) hybrid shafts advertised on their site.  

 

It seems more logical to me that MCA made a regular CK series for OEM use.  I could be wrong (and would be very happy if MCA would confirm that you and I both have Pro versions in our hybrids).

Titleist TS3 10.5*: Aldila Tour Green 65 TS

Titleist 917D2 12* Tour Issue: Graphite Design XC 7X

Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 16.5*: KBS C-Taper Lite 110X

Titleist 818H2 19* (set at 18*): Tensei Pro White 90X

Grindworks PR-202: Modus3 120X

Vega VW-04 50* (set at 48*): KBS Tour 105 S

Vega VW-10 raw 52*: KBS Tour 120 FLT

Mizuno S18 54* DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hagimihale said:

@third-times-a-charm, did your Pro Blue come stock with the TS2 Hybrid?

 

I have an 818H2 with a CK White.  Just like yours, its says "Mitsubishi Chemical".  But the K in CK is not painted white, so I assumed it was a non-Pro CK White series hybrid.  

 

It seems odd that the pictures MCA has on their website for Tensei hybrid shafts still has the White/Blue/Red paint in the K, and they still use this platform for their aftermarket driver shafts, but would go away from that with more current hybrid shafts. Also notice that there are no non-pro (i.e. CK Blue vs Pro Blue) hybrid shafts advertised on their site.  

 

It seems more logical to me that MCA made a regular CK series for OEM use.  I could be wrong (and would be very happy if MCA would confirm that you and I both have Pro versions in our hybrids).

 

No mine is an aftermarket CK Pro Blue.

 

Here is the most recent version of the 'made for' Tensei CK non-pro and you can see half the shaft is painted silver: https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-accessories/1043563.11-mitsubishi-chemical-tensei-ck-blue-80-shafts/

 

Again, I'm pretty sure Mitsubishi moved away from the blue tint on the CF weave in the handle and the blue K in CK when they moved to the new logo version.

 

All of this can be verified by removing the grip. If the CF weave goes all the way up to a few inches from the end then its a CK Pro.

 

As far as the Mitsubishi website I just dont think they updated the web graphics since they launched it.

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see what you mean.  Cool, that means I have a Pro White in my 818H2. 🙂

Titleist TS3 10.5*: Aldila Tour Green 65 TS

Titleist 917D2 12* Tour Issue: Graphite Design XC 7X

Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 16.5*: KBS C-Taper Lite 110X

Titleist 818H2 19* (set at 18*): Tensei Pro White 90X

Grindworks PR-202: Modus3 120X

Vega VW-04 50* (set at 48*): KBS Tour 105 S

Vega VW-10 raw 52*: KBS Tour 120 FLT

Mizuno S18 54* DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Still confused. I am looking for a hybrid shaft. I want the best one that Mitsubishi has to offer.

Does the Tensei CK Blue come in only a Pro version AND a non-Pro version?

All the ones for sale on ebay claim they are CK Pro Blue, but the pictures of the shafts only say CK series, and sometimes the K is blue and sometimes it isn't.


According to the current Tensei website, for Hybrids, only the CK Pro is offerred.

I am afraid if I buy one on ebay it won't be a CK Pro....can anyone confirm these is no such thing as a hybrid Tensei CK Blue non-Pro?

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 25 deg w/MR Diamana Blueboard R
Irons: Ping i200 5-U w/Project X 5.5 LZ
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge S w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 64 Tour Issue w/DG S400
Putter: Ping Doc 12.5 
Ball: Titleist ProV1x 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2021 at 5:28 PM, njlam said:

Still confused. I am looking for a hybrid shaft. I want the best one that Mitsubishi has to offer.

Does the Tensei CK Blue come in only a Pro version AND a non-Pro version?

All the ones for sale on ebay claim they are CK Pro Blue, but the pictures of the shafts only say CK series, and sometimes the K is blue and sometimes it isn't.


According to the current Tensei website, for Hybrids, only the CK Pro is offerred.

I am afraid if I buy one on ebay it won't be a CK Pro....can anyone confirm these is no such thing as a hybrid Tensei CK Blue non-Pro?


The only way to differentiate between the Pro Blue and non-pro blue is to look at the carbon weave. If the carbon weave goes up under the grip- it’s a Pro. If the weave stops below the grip it’s just the cheap non-pro.

 

You can’t go by any paint cues.

“I’m just here to hit bombs and make bogeys.”
 

TM SIM2 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 4h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-G, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 54 WS, 58 ES

Odyssey DFX 3300

TM TP5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. Someone trying to sell me one on ebay says for hybrids, there are only CK Pro Blues and CK Blues were not made. Is this true?

 

Pics of the shaft have no CK Pro designations anywhere, only CK. 

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 25 deg w/MR Diamana Blueboard R
Irons: Ping i200 5-U w/Project X 5.5 LZ
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge S w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 64 Tour Issue w/DG S400
Putter: Ping Doc 12.5 
Ball: Titleist ProV1x 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, njlam said:

Thanks. Someone trying to sell me one on ebay says for hybrids, there are only CK Pro Blues and CK Blues were not made. Is this true?

 

Pics of the shaft have no CK Pro designations anywhere, only CK. 

 

I'm 90% sure thats true - there is only a CK PRO and AV. Not a single shaft anywhere in the lineup says 'Pro' on it anyway, so thats not a thing. You can only tell my the little hints. Hence why people hate the way Mitsubishi does things.

 

And with the CK Pro Blue hybrid, there weave does not go 'all the way' up the handle, it goes maybe like halfway up the grip - but it definitely does not stop ~4" above the blue band with the black faded paint like the AV model does.

 

 

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is the difference between the CK Pro and the AV?

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 25 deg w/MR Diamana Blueboard R
Irons: Ping i200 5-U w/Project X 5.5 LZ
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge S w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 64 Tour Issue w/DG S400
Putter: Ping Doc 12.5 
Ball: Titleist ProV1x 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, njlam said:

What is the difference between the CK Pro and the AV?

 

There are tech spec differences and material layup differences. The CK Pro uses more exotic materials.

Epic Speed + AD VR 6 / TSi2 3W + AD HD 7 / TSi2 7W + AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, njlam said:

Thanks. Someone trying to sell me one on ebay says for hybrids, there are only CK Pro Blues and CK Blues were not made. Is this true?

 

Pics of the shaft have no CK Pro designations anywhere, only CK. 

Here are photos of the tensei pro blue in my hybrid. I was advised by the pro shop selling it that it is definitely pro. Has the carbon weave up beyond where the grip starts. I’ve also owned the pro blue driver shaft which is easy to tell because it has the boron tip. But from what I understand the hybrid shafts don’t have that, so instead you look for the carbon weave along the grip. 

8738BAEB-DC6F-4FEA-B619-AC2A802CD682.jpeg

B179086E-B63C-4902-A006-D43C2FD5503C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 14 replies
    • 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Discussion and Links
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Monday
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #3
       
      2021 Sanderson Farms Championship - Tuesday #4
       
      WITBs
      Aaron Rai - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brian Stuard - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Eugenio Chacarra - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Davis Riley - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Brice Garnett - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Curtis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Richy Werenski - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Andy Ogletree - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship
      Sahith Theegala - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Stephan Jaeger - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Chappell - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jonas Blixt - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Kevin Streelman - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Burns - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Matthew Wolff - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Gary Woodland - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Davis Thompson - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship Sam Saunders - WITB - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Special Galleries
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
      Cameron putters - 2021 Sanderson Farms Championship  
        • Like
      • 5 replies
    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies

×
×
  • Create New...