2021 Marathon LPGA Classic (Jul 08 - 11)

5 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

It's sad officials never say anything, I guess that happens when you're Brooke(with her sister Brittany on the bag) Henderson.

As long as the group is not out of position it'll go unnoticed. Of course the reason they're not out of position is because her playing partners are playing fast. As we've noted before, the fast players simply have to slow down a little to get the group put on the clock, and then it'll get dealt with. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

25 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Hook or pull? Snap hooks are the worst. Love being in the left rough with 250 yds to the green from a horrible lie. At least a pull will give one a few extra yards. 

Pull with the driver, push with the irons. I think it's an alignment issue with the irons, I'm usually far side of green or just off. Nothing crazy.

Speaking of crazy game, never quite understood how a player can shoot 10 under, and then 8 shots worse the next day in similar conditions. Nasa could have run away with this, but with so many low rounds today it's anybody's tournament to win. 

• Like 1

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

4 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

As long as the group is not out of position it'll go unnoticed. Of course the reason they're not out of position is because her playing partners are playing fast. As we've noted before, the fast players simply have to slow down a little to get the group put on the clock, and then it'll get dealt with. 

It would be hilarious if one of her playing partners just gets fed up and screams "Could you hit the ******* ball already". Live on TV at that lol

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

It would be hilarious if one of her playing partners just gets fed up and screams "Could you hit the ******* ball already". Live on TV at that lol

Lol. I almost did that a few times. 😄

For the life of me I just can't figure out why a threesome takes four and a half to five hours to play a round. It's not like they walk slow. I lose my breath trying to keep up with them when they walk off the tee. The biggest wastes of time is when a player won't prepare to hit a shot while their partners are busy getting ready. It's their turn, and then they start discussing the yardage, wind, and club sel with their caddie. Oy veh. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PZero said:

Where did you end up eating at today in Sylvania?

Actually, I had a hankering for a margarita, and wound up at Cinco De Mayo in Holland. It's close to my hotel, and they had an excellent mole sauce. Nice kick to it without being excessive. The margarita wasn't too shabby either. 

Next trip I'd like to check out J&G Pizza in downtown Sylvania. The beer is supposed to be good 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Actually, I had a hankering for a margarita, and wound up at Cinco De Mayo in Holland. It's close to my hotel, and they had an excellent mole sauce. Nice kick to it without being excessive. The margarita wasn't too shabby either. 

Next trip I'd like to check out J&G Pizza in downtown Sylvania. The beer is supposed to be good 

I was going to tell you to hit up J&G's for pizza. It's a staple of the downtown.

As for the Margaritas, there are two places (Loma Linda and Venturas) near where you were that have legendary margaritas. Cinco De Mayo is just so so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Not likely that a tour player will slow down their normal flow and rhythm, in an effort to get another players pace of play noticed

Speaking of crazy game, never quite understood how a player can shoot 10 under, and then 8 shots worse the next day in similar conditions. Nasa could have run away with this, but with so many low rounds today it's anybody's tournament to win. 

It's almost always hard to follow up a really low round, with another low round.  We see it time and time again, on all the tours and elsewhere.  A really low round almost seems to "distract" a player and makes the next day a long haul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cwebb said:

Not likely that a tour player will slow down their normal flow and rhythm, in an effort to get another players pace of play noticed

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/brooks-koepka-no-one-has-balls-penalize-slow-play

"Some of these guys are so slow, I'll take my sweet time getting to the ball. I don't have to go to the bathroom. [I] just go to the restroom and just kind of chill in there for five minutes, so we get on the clock ⏰ , and now we're playing at my pace.

"It's probably not the right thing, but it is what I do."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PZero said:

I was going to tell you to hit up J&G's for pizza. It's a staple of the downtown.

As for the Margaritas, there are two places (Loma Linda and Venturas) near where you were that have legendary margaritas. Cinco De Mayo is just so so.

Well, I went to Frontera Mexican down the street from Cinco De Mayo but in Toledo proper. Better than anything I've had at Ventura's over the years including the Habanero Margarita. Ole'

5 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

OR

The LPGA can group Brooke, Kerr and Salas on Thurs/Fri ...that will get some attention from the RO's

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Has Brooke even been paired with Dame Laura Davies?....I could see Laura giving the Entitled Canadian Princess a piece of her mind.....actually I think Inkster would lip off on Brooke too.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, agolf1 said:

Looks like the Callaway Razr X Black fairways.  She had the 19-21-24 in the bag at the 2014 Women's British Open.  This is at least pre-2013 model club.

I'm bagging the 2013 Cally X Hot 3H & 4H...the 5H is on the bench..pre-Covid bought them used for $30, $27 & $30.

I have a mint Cally 3W X Hot (JDM head) with a Graphite Design shaft I bought pre-Covid for $65...gonna sell it...nothing seems to be able to kick out my TM RBZ Stage 2 3HL I got used in 2014 for $65.

X Hot heads with Cup Face technology make the heads HOT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KBong said:

I'm bagging the 2013 Cally X Hot 3H & 4H...the 5H is on the bench..pre-Covid bought them used for $30, $27 & $30.

I have a mint Cally 3W X Hot (JDM head) with a Graphite Design shaft I bought pre-Covid for $65...gonna sell it...nothing seems to be able to kick out my TM RBZ Stage 2 3HL I got used in 2014 for $65.

X Hot heads with Cup Face technology make the heads HOT.

I had a 3 Deep and X Hot Pro 5 wood for quite a while.  The RBZ and these started to move the fairway wood head design.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Michael Breed had a very interesting bit on his show this week, talking about a shot clock.  ie., why does a shot clock come into play once you are "out of position", but not before?  

I believe it was Thursday's show if anyone has the SiriusXM app.  Worth a listen.  

At least a a few penalties have been handed out so far this year, but there needs to be more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfortennis said:

Michael Breed had a very interesting bit on his show this week, talking about a shot clock.  ie., why does a shot clock come into play once you are "out of position", but not before?  

I believe it was Thursday's show if anyone has the SiriusXM app.  Worth a listen.  

At least a a few penalties have been handed out so far this year, but there needs to be more.

The biggest reason is staffing. Currently there are only a handful of roaming rules officials out on the course. If they see a gap they'll issue a warming, and then follow the group. A second warning will get them put on the clock, and the official then keeps the stopwatch. 

To time every shot would require a rules official with every group. There are generally 24 groups out in the morning and afternoon waves. That's a lot of staffing. 

If the tour had ShotLink, they could use it to calculate times. However, with pauses due to rulings on the course it wouldn't be perfect. 

The biggest reason is staffing. Currently there are only a handful of roaming rules officials out on the course. If they see a gap they'll issue a warming, and then follow the group. A second warning will get them put on the clock, and the official then keeps the stopwatch. 

To time every shot would require a rules official with every group. There are generally 24 groups out in the morning and afternoon waves. That's a lot of staffing. 

If the tour had ShotLink, they could use it to calculate times. However, with pauses due to rulings on the course it wouldn't be perfect. 

Rulings would be exempt.  Like a time out.  Then each player is alloted a specific amount of time to play 18 holes.  The players could take more time on tougher shots, less time on more mundane or routine shots.  It's something that works quite well with Curling.